AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 14 Rating
Perfect 10 16 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 26.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-15, 21:29   Link #501
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Touma and Kamisato have their own ways to save others, I do not understand all this hatred for Kamisato since we know so little about him, it seems that some fans are afraid that he is more "incredible / mature / cool / realistic" that Touma, and so they are looking for something to hate a character that we have not seen in action.
Sounds like you just made up motivations to me.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 21:45   Link #502
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Sounds like you just made up motivations to me.
She isn't a cute girl, that's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi senpai View Post
So, Touma is the paragon, who saves people but shows them how to help themselves, making them see reality, and Kamisato seals of all other options except his, since he rejects reality and give them the illusion that his method is the only way. I suck at reading characters so correct me if I'm wrong.
Looking at Patricia's situation it's more like Kamisato rejects their "realistic answers" which usually leads to tragedy/sacrifice and offers them the illusion of the third choice: himself.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 21:49   Link #503
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Personally I don't find kamisato faction or harem "irritating", they are quite amusing in their own way.

Quote:
So, Touma is the paragon, who saves people but shows them how to help themselves, making them see reality, and Kamisato seals of all other options except his, since he rejects reality and give them the illusion that his method is the only way. I suck at reading characters so correct me if I'm wrong.
I think the key points to understand kamisato(for now), and the possible difference with touma are in these lines:

Quote:
“So I want to shake hands with you, who can hold this hand. And could I maybe help with the work you need to do? I won’t be saving you. I will simply be a part of your legend.”
Quote:
“I respect you and I won’t hold back when it comes to helping someone I respect. I will use everything I have and fight the entire world for you.”
Quote:
Kamijou Touma was supporting Leivinia.
Kamisato Kakeru was assisting Patricia.
Kamisato will "assist" you no matter what... if you past "the test" first, which can be extremely dangerous for the world, while touma will try to save you without breaking a few rules.
Old 2015-11-15, 21:49   Link #504
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
This is ironic because he respects Patricia for her just want to use everything in her reach to fight the shit reality and do not choose an illusion / new world.

Touma and Kamisato have their own ways to save others, I do not understand all this hatred for Kamisato since we know so little about him, it seems that some fans are afraid that he is more "incredible / mature / cool / realistic" that Touma, and so they are looking for something to hate a character that we have not seen in action.
I'll admit I was irritated at how he seemed to outshine Touma, but there is something disturbing about Kamisato's harem.

Chapter 3 complete! Kamisato gaining WR warped him. If he'd been born with it like Touma, it would've just been his "normal," but his circumstances just shows how warped things are. Ultimately, Kamachi uses Kamisato to point out just how unbelievably bizarre - and unrealistic - his whole plot is. Would this count as breaking the fourth wall?

It is with great pride that I reveal Touma's answer to be the same as what I've argued in my philosophy class. There's no saying how things should've been. Things are what they are. The sheer improbability of intelligent life coming into existence or why 2+2=4 does not point to a higher power or some big secret truth.

Kamisato is truly Touma's foil. He's cynical.

Last edited by bakato; 2015-11-15 at 22:07.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 21:53   Link #505
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kamisato's existence alone breaks the fourth wall because he doesn't appear as naturally as God's Right Seat or the Golden-Style Cabals. Othi-chan's GREMLIN comes second.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 22:02   Link #506
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Poor magic gods just wanted to be lectured by Touma .
Old 2015-11-15, 22:15   Link #507
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Being immortal sucks; you'd eventually want to kill yourself. (Ladylee)
Being all-powerful sucks; you'd eventually become bored of existing. (Aiwass)
Being all-knowing sucks; you'd eventually want to be called dumb for nothing. (Magic Gods)

Being unfortunate sucks; you'd eventually meet those people. (Touma)

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 22:16   Link #508
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
“He really is a hero loved by everyone.”

Kamisato simply had not realized it.

And ironically, even as Kamijou Touma watched that other boy leave, he had not realized the same about himself.
Reason #1 of the upcoming defeat.
Old 2015-11-15, 22:22   Link #509
bakato

Was that spoiler about Touma losing IB and being WR'd fake? Doesn't look like he'll lose and if it actually happened there should be an illustration of something so momentous.

Anyone think Kamachi's got something big planned for December 25th in-universe?
Old 2015-11-15, 22:24   Link #510
Takeshi senpai

Wow, Kamisato has really low self-esteem, doesn't he?
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 22:30   Link #511
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Was that spoiler about Touma losing IB and being WR'd fake? Doesn't look like he'll lose and if it actually happened there should be an illustration of something so momentous.

Anyone think Kamachi's got something big planned for December 25th in-universe?
That's fake, it was just a normal fist fight.

Quote:
Well, he was that average to the point his design is just a recycled version of Haimura's designs for Gunha .
Old 2015-11-15, 22:32   Link #512
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Holy...I just read that and my reaction is: DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNN.

This is a massive moment in to aru, not just because of what was said, but the fact that Touma was just forced to contend with something he never bothered to notice. The fact that others around him see him as a idol. Since the very beginning, he never stopped to consider that. This is probably this biggest character development drop of the entire series. Now, the only question is, how will he respond to this realization about himself?

Gah, I'm so giddy that I can hardly stand it!
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 22:36   Link #513
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
He had been unable to crack that joint before, but he had just forced it with a powerful swing of his head and the same grinding as a manual transmission’s gearstick reached his entire palm.

“…Heh.”
Here it comes...
Quote:
it turns out we’re different. We’re fundamentally different. You have been poisoned by your gift from the Magic Gods. You see nothing wrong with receiving it and you don’t question it. It’s made you so conceited that you’re satisfied being surrounded by convenient girls. You’re nothing but scum.”
well, there it goes all opportunities of have kamisato as a character that already passed the "acceptance" stage.

Quote:
“Then why did you choose to help her? I thought you disliked the saving power the Magic Gods gave you.”

“It’s true I didn’t gain this power because I wanted it. If I could rid myself of it now, I would. And I do need to pay a visit to the Magic Gods who forced it onto me.”

Kamisato spat out his response.

“But that doesn’t mean I can abandon someone who needs help.”
Quote:
“He really is a hero loved by everyone.”

Kamisato simply had not realized it.

And ironically, even as Kamijou Touma watched that other boy leave, he had not realized the same about himself.
He still need time to come in terms with his power /new "reality", but at least it look like he's the ideal man for the job.
Old 2015-11-15, 22:42   Link #514
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
That's fake, it was just a normal fist fight.
Nah, they're just going to slap each other around for a while and call it a day. Its obvious that neither of them are invested in this fight at all.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 22:44   Link #515
bakato

Quote:
C'mon. You gotta feel for the guy. I totally get where he's coming from. He's basically Hachiman. Guy can't believe girls would go for him.
Old 2015-11-15, 22:46   Link #516
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Done reading. The best part is, there's equal amount of truth to what both Kamisato and Kamijou have to say. Even with Kamisato's cynical outlook, I can totally agree with him but same with Kamijou's. A lot of things in Chapter 2 make sense now, as well in Kamisato's case. This is good stuff.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 22:46   Link #517
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
Nah, they're just going to slap each other around for a while and call it a day. Its obvious that neither of them are invested in this fight at all.
>not a thumb fight
Old 2015-11-15, 22:47   Link #518
Takeshi senpai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
C'mon. You gotta feel for the guy. I totally get where he's coming from. He's basically Hachiman. Guy can't believe girls would go for him.
Of course I feel for the guy. Wonder if he every thought to himself "Why was I the one chosen? Do I have something special? " Doubt it since it would lead to him believing he was something other than average.
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 23:07   Link #519
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

I like this conflict, they both are equally blind to their own surrounding, but have massive insight in to the other's life. The "half-full" vs "half-empty" debate is always fun, cause both are true yet equally false.
Old 2015-11-15, 23:08   Link #520
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I love this. The novel was a 7 out of 10 before and it rose to a 9. Bra-freaking-vo
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birdway, kamisato kakeru