AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-16, 16:47   Link #1
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Suggestions for a good online game

Hello... It took me a long time to come up with that greeting... Anyway as the title suggests Im looking for good online game preferably an action adventure RPG with a good following. If it has "anime" elements like the final fantasy series that would be even better. Please and thank you for all your help.
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 02:55   Link #2
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You might want to check it out, although it's still cbt as of right now.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-11-17, 06:30   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I second ToS, the hype is real on that one. Also, if you've tired of typical skill spamming games, you might want to check out Dungeon Fighter Online (aka Dungeon and Fighter for the eastern versions), it's a 3D side-scroller with a lot of classes that branch into different jobs, but also paths (e.g. male fighter focuses on juggling, while female fighter gets otg combos).

The game uses an energy system, but a normal player should need ~2h to empty it and there are many things to do (PvP, tower floors, forgotten island, etc). It is currently event-heavy, even with an event that lets you auto-level a character and clear all their epic quests, up to the level of another character that you're actively playing.

Recommended if you're a PvP fan, as it has a lot of potential.

NOT recommended if you're easily addicted - I'm currently running 6 characters simultaneously on 4x exp, while also playing CoD and DnD.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 07:13   Link #4
R.LocK
My turn

FFXIV. Like, seriously.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 09:43   Link #5
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Thanks for the replies. I just checked tree of savior and I like it. its got cute anime elements and adventure so it gets a thumbs up. Dungeon fighter is pretty cool it has me reminiscing over Street fighter. Final fantasy is awesome but Im already playing it.
Old 2015-11-17, 11:32   Link #6
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Now that it's gone free-to-play, I would recommend Guild Wars 2. Heck, I would still recommend it even if you still had to pay for it. They recently released an expansion for Guild Wars 2 which you would need to pay for. Nevertheless, the core game still has a lot to offer.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

It doesn't have "anime" elements to it, but having played a lot of "anime-style" MMORPGs, Guild Wars 2 blows them all out of the water for the sheer enjoyment I get out of game play.

For most Korean/Japanese MMORPGs, I often reach a point where the only way to make meaningful progress in the game is to spend hours and hours, day after day, week after week, grinding and doing pretty much the same thing until I bore myself to death.

With Guild Wars 2, there is a wide variety of activities that you can do that contributes to character progression. Sometimes I'll run through the PvP maps, follow the champion hunting trains, join a dungeon group, seek jumping puzzles, or just run around the gorgeous maps.

There's something about anime-style MMOs that will always appeal to me, but given that I work full time and don't have as much time to play games, I would rather have fun doing whatever I feel like doing in GW2 than to try and grind levels on a Korean/Japanese MMORPG.

YouTube

Last edited by roxybudgy; 2015-11-17 at 11:44.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 18:12   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Blade and Soul, story gets good eventually. Doesn't require grinding to level; you can get max level fairly quickly. Graphics are a bit old but not too shaby. Combat in this is great, so great it has world championships:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/

Some other nice features,
  • unlike most games the armor (dobok) are only looks; they have no stats whatsoever, so you can wear whatever you want and they're all very nice
  • there are quite a few classes with complete damage mitigation skills and the game has a lot of blocks, counter's to blocks, etc and some classes like kung-fu master require a bit of skill to play (as well as ping)
  • its generally widely considered that the game is very well balanced so you cant really go wrong with any class; small caveat though is that the english version will launch with a 45 cap and since the esport side is balanced for 50 that can be a bit troublesome -- still better then other games
  • while you get skill points a bit later (lv15-18) you can redistribute them at any time you want, no reset or whatever required; a lot of skills branch out and sometimes may compelte change the skill (looks, animation and all); and when I say any time I mean it, the only requirement is that you're not in combat; otherwise you can do it in the middle of a dungeon, right before a pvp match starts, etc

-

If you're looking for something more light you might want to try Granblue Fantasy. Here's a video of it with the almost finished street fighter event,

(yes thats the street fighter announcer; but it's completely redone voice over just for the game )

Yes it's a phone game, but you can actually play it on the desktop via the official Chrome App. It's probably the best quality for the type of game it is.

English version announced for march 2016. Here's a guide if you want to play it now: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thr...ultimate-guide though if you can't pick up japanese well, it's gonna require a lot of guessing even with the guide. This game has a lot of story, voice acting, etc (for a mobile game anyway); you will also probably recognize a lot of voices. The english version will use the same servers as the japanese version from what I understand; just be in english.

Anime announced but no release date yet I believe.
Old 2015-11-18, 06:51   Link #8
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I greatly enjoy Granblue Fantasy, so I would recommend people to try it out. Also, yes, the english version they talked about is just a English changing as far as I heard.
Old 2015-11-18, 08:47   Link #9
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybudgy View Post
Now that it's gone free-to-play, I would recommend Guild Wars 2. Heck, I would still recommend it even if you still had to pay for it. They recently released an expansion for Guild Wars 2 which you would need to pay for. Nevertheless, the core game still has a lot to offer.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

It doesn't have "anime" elements to it, but having played a lot of "anime-style" MMORPGs, Guild Wars 2 blows them all out of the water for the sheer enjoyment I get out of game play.

For most Korean/Japanese MMORPGs, I often reach a point where the only way to make meaningful progress in the game is to spend hours and hours, day after day, week after week, grinding and doing pretty much the same thing until I bore myself to death.

With Guild Wars 2, there is a wide variety of activities that you can do that contributes to character progression. Sometimes I'll run through the PvP maps, follow the champion hunting trains, join a dungeon group, seek jumping puzzles, or just run around the gorgeous maps.

There's something about anime-style MMOs that will always appeal to me, but given that I work full time and don't have as much time to play games, I would rather have fun doing whatever I feel like doing in GW2 than to try and grind levels on a Korean/Japanese MMORPG.

YouTube
I've had a look at this game and it looks really interesting. I just downloaded the game client setup for windows and I'm wondering how large is the file download I'm getting conflicting answers online... And thanks for all the suggestions all of you guys deserve a cookie
Old 2015-11-18, 12:37   Link #10
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagami View Post
I've had a look at this game and it looks really interesting. I just downloaded the game client setup for windows and I'm wondering how large is the file download I'm getting conflicting answers online... And thanks for all the suggestions all of you guys deserve a cookie
I bought the game back nearly 2 years ago as a CD copy. It needed a 20GB update back then. If I remember right, prepare for around a 40GB download
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 08:11   Link #11
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
I bought the game back nearly 2 years ago as a CD copy. It needed a 20GB update back then. If I remember right, prepare for around a 40GB download
Thanks, its a big download but I should manage