Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-11-19, 07:03   Link #3581
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I did a no-Assassin run. I don't get your problems.
LOL you have Jeanne, the most broken servant in the game and you don't get my problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Ok let me assemble a moderate assassin team without Carmilla and rely on some support. Will test this once I'm able to.

Edit:
I guess the right servant and CE makeup are important. Though I would disagree you need to whale or have the right golds to overcome the stage. I would be more inclined to say that you need enough levels, skills and skill levels, and the right servants (even bronze and silver only) and right CEs.

Though on the other hand, Marie's main issue is her invincibility spam and RNG going whacko on that, so it can be a problem if you don't have servants that can stun or debuff.
Well, I mentioned whaling or EX Luck so yes, right servant and CE makeup is super important now that they are rotating one class every day for these dailies.

Furthermore, with the way ascension mats are horribly broken now, you simply cannot feasibly ascend a lot of servants of different classes without literally dedicating your life to a soul-crushing ascension mat farm while spending a lot of money on quartz refills.

So you need to be a whale or have just impossible EX Luck to get exactly the right servants, CEs, and ascension mat drops. But I know about your impossible EX Luck alt account so I suspect you don't realize just how unlucky normal players are and how difficult it would have been to challenge the un-nerfed dailies which have a different 200k+ HP servant boss every day.

I like the IDEA of what DW was trying to do, you would want to change up your team every day to meet the challenge of a different class daily instead of spamming with your Berserkers or Sabers every day. But the current design of the game would make that nearly impossible to field a decently leveled and ascended Saber, Archer, Rider, Lancer, Assassin, and Caster team on any given day.

Which is where Jeanne would come in, in a design like that, every team would be built for outlast with Jeanne NP and skill spam. I don't feel like that would be any better than the current Berserker/Saber spam, except take much longer and be more annoying. These are daily farm quests, let's not wish for a grind which is any worse okay?
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 07:13   Link #3582
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
It's not a matter of golds but the party setup ultimately + RNG. You have a tank that heals and invinc everyone, and the same girl who can heal and invinc herself
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. No whaling involved, just the right Servants. And CE's, but I'd be impressed if anyone doesn't have a copy of Leyline, at least.

Quote:
Anyway, the problem people are facing when they get rekt is when Marie spams her beautiful princess (did I get the skill name right? whatever). If she spams twice in a row, she stacks 2 heals and invincibility against 6 attacks. If she does this often enough, anyone would have a problem even for the biggest whales. Unless we can kill fast before such a thing happens or she gets stunned or debuffed.
Invincibility doesn't stack. She does like to spam it every other turn or for 3-4 turns, but eh. Although, it'd be impossible for anyone but whales without the latest changes to NP charge, yes.

Quote:
They need to modify the way AI invincibility work or stack or skew the RNG and decision making process if the buff is up already as there is zero counter against RNG. I would still love to see what I can do though And if Fafnir spawns both in waves 2 and 3, good luck, or rather you already have that luck to spawn 2 scale droppers
I did it once just to see how hard it'd be, then went back to farming EXP with Caesar/Cas!Liz/FSN!Cu. Just can't spawn any rare mobs.

Quote:
LOL you have Jeanne, the most broken servant in the game and you don't get my problems
I don't have Gilgamesh. Or Professor-kun. Or Drake.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 07:22   Link #3583
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
He has the two best tanks/healers in the game which turn any fight from a battle to survive into a battle of time and uses this as a argument that you don't need the right servants for the fight I was thinking my post was a little rude even with how uncaring he was being about other people having trouble with these quest but if he wants hard quests how about just taking out his near immortal team
Old 2015-11-19, 07:25   Link #3584
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Finished it with both accounts but I can say that I got "lucky" on both runs since I didn't meet any Dragons to wreck me before Marie. My high level Kintoki support did most of the heavy lifting as usual & my Servants just supported him throughout.

On my 1st encounter she didn't use her skills at all. 2nd encounter, my support just trashed her on the first turn with chains & his NP. I can honestly say that I would have been in big trouble if a dragon did appear to mess me up & force me to use my charged up NPs before Kira-kira~ (I used 1 command spell just to make sure my Kintoki pal stayed healthy too, you never know...).

No decent drops aside from the Monument though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_ping View Post
Sorry for getting a normal Artoria on a 10 roll...

Friend ID: 720,060,819
I'll add ya' Ping~
Old 2015-11-19, 07:32   Link #3585
larethian

Quote:

Well, I mentioned whaling or EX Luck so yes, right servant and CE makeup is super important now that they are rotating one class every day for these dailies.

Furthermore, with the way ascension mats are horribly broken now, you simply cannot feasibly ascend a lot of servants of different classes without literally dedicating your life to a soul-crushing ascension mat farm while spending a lot of money on quartz refills.

So you need to be a whale or have just impossible EX Luck to get exactly the right servants, CEs, and ascension mat drops. But I know about your impossible EX Luck alt account so I suspect you don't realize just how unlucky normal players are and how difficult it would have been to challenge the un-nerfed dailies which have a different 200k+ HP servant boss every day.

I like the IDEA of what DW was trying to do, you would want to change up your team every day to meet the challenge of a different class daily instead of spamming with your Berserkers or Sabers every day. But the current design of the game would make that nearly impossible to field a decently leveled and ascended Saber, Archer, Rider, Lancer, Assassin, and Caster team on any given day.

Which is where Jeanne would come in, in a design like that, every team would be built for outlast with Jeanne NP and skill spam. I don't feel like that would be any better than the current Berserker/Saber spam, except take much longer and be more annoying. These are daily farm quests, let's not wish for a grind which is any worse okay?
What are you talking about? I don't have an impossible luck account. Are you mistaking me for a different person?
I consider whaling = 2-3k, which will allow a A-EX luck whale to get 70-80% of the gold servants and all the CEs with multiple copies of k-scopes. I do pay for half my gold servants, but I haven't reached 1k yet. So I'm not a whale in my own eyes

And and and and and, I didn't roll even a YOLO since Drake arc started

Last edited by larethian; 2015-11-19 at 07:35. Reason: added A-EX
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 08:18   Link #3586
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
It's not a matter of golds but the party setup ultimately + RNG. You have a tank that heals and invinc everyone, and the same girl who can heal and invinc herself

Anyway, the problem people are facing when they get rekt is when Marie spams her beautiful princess (did I get the skill name right? whatever). If she spams twice in a row, she stacks 2 heals and invincibility against 6 attacks. If she does this often enough, anyone would have a problem even for the biggest whales. Unless we can kill fast before such a thing happens or she gets stunned or debuffed.

They need to modify the way AI invincibility work or stack or skew the RNG and decision making process if the buff is up already as there is zero counter against RNG. I would still love to see what I can do though And if Fafnir spawns both in waves 2 and 3, good luck, or rather you already have that luck to spawn 2 scale droppers
I think I got what the problem is. If you accidently kill the enemy beside Marie(due to using AOE NP)she will start spamming her invincible skill. It's probably due to stupidity in the skill rotation algorithm where Marie will rotate her move not based on turn, but based on how many move she does. Since when the other enemy dies, she move 3 times in a row each turn, the skill rotation algorithm rotate back to the invincibility skill in 1 turn(maybe it's supposed to be skill use every 4 move?)
Old 2015-11-19, 08:46   Link #3587
Starlightz

Quote:
And if Fafnir spawns both in waves 2 and 3, good luck, or rather you already have that luck to spawn 2 scale droppers
I'm pretty sure it can only spawn in wave 2, just like the Chimera (or any special mobs in later dailies). I have never seen anyone reporting getting 2 Fafnir in their run, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Wave 3 rider, other than Marie, should only be Boudica or a Black Wyvern (smaller chance for Scale).

Quote:

To be fair, however, you don't need to ascend a lot of servants within a short time. If you want to, spend quartz, if you don't want to spend quartz, do it slowly (just like me). I don't think I have spent any quartz for ascension mat during my ~90 days of playing (haven't gotten my 100 days 25 gems yet), but I already got 3 Servant max ascended and 4 at 3/4 ascension, plus plenty at 2/4 but there is probably no one who cares about 2/4 ascension . Personally, I'm happy with that much. Asking for easy mats farming to be able to ascend a lot of servant in a short time without spending Quartz is just being spoiled, imo.

Similarly, remember that the 30AP and 40AP share the same drop table. If you can't manage to crack the 40AP with your team, you can do the 30 and build up your team until you can do 40. It's not a must that a player should be able to clear everything without a proper team, planning, or both. Just like how most people in WoW don't ever get to do the current hardest contents at all.
Not that 40AP is too much difficult, though. I managed it without using a proper assassin (Attila 90, Lu Bu 50, Herc 80 guest, Liz 70, Mashu 32, Koujiro 30). Just fire all your NPs (or 2 of them if you have strong NPs, in my case, used Attila's and Lu Bu's, saved Herc's) at the Fafnir and take it down in 2-3 turns. Use evasion here to keep your Zerker support's HP high. During last fight, focus fire on Marie first, and use all your damage buffs in the first turn to deal maximum damage (my record was bringing Marie down to 20k with a super buffed Herc ). 200k-ish HP isn't that high with a high level Berserker (my support, did something like 140k by himself in a Brave Chain with all the buffs I can afford to throw on him). Don't kill Marie's friend (Boudica / Wyvern) before her and she will only get 1 action per turn, lowering the chance of her spamming invincible by a lot (either she won't cast Invincible, or she will in exchange of doing no damage at all - Boudica / Wyvern does rather low damage to worry about). If RNG really screw with you and Marie spend all her 5 turns casting Invincible, put evasion on your best servant so he can Brave Chain her to death after others are killed by GB.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I think I got what the problem is. If you accidently kill the enemy beside Marie(due to using AOE NP)she will start spamming her invincible skill. It's probably due to stupidity in the skill rotation algorithm where Marie will rotate her move not based on turn, but based on how many move she does. Since when the other enemy dies, she move 3 times in a row each turn, the skill rotation algorithm rotate back to the invincibility skill in 1 turn(maybe it's supposed to be skill use every 4 move?)
This is true. It's the same with Lancelot, and I guess will be the same for every main end bosses for each dailies. Keep his / her / its support alive, so he / she / it can only does 1 action per turn. That lower their strength a lot. Once I accidentally killed Boudica when Marie was at 20k HP, and she managed to chain invicible for 7 turns in a row (!), took down all but my Attila and my lvl 30 Koujiro (blaming my luck as well, no brave chain until then).
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 09:02   Link #3588
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Indeed the 40AP xp gives more gold rewards now and it's not very hard for players with stable parties but IMO for new players it is impossible and the next best thing they can do which is the 30AP xp isn't really good enough to level their servants. Blowing 30 AP to get a lot of bronze xp cards isn't that great.
Ah that's true. I didn't take into account that new players need those 4* exps a lot. It's a good thing that they will lower the difficulty, although apparently the rarity of drops will go up (I think that this extends to the exp dailies as well, so probably 3 4* exp cards per run).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohakuren View Post
Ok do you remember this morning and 2 rolls on EX luck acc? well, 2 more rolls from apologems. Got David and
Spoiler:
Nice, congrats!

Quote:
Fairly interesting theory. I do recall that some mobage have stages/maps where the enemies need to be taken out in a certain order unless you want to face the wrath of the remaining enemy

From what I get on the concerns that you guys have, DW needs to balance between content difficulty and gacha rates. At the very least I think they should run tests of their content with average and below average teams in order to fully understand the way we players grasp things.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 09:04   Link #3589
GDB

Quote:
I didn't touch the wyvern and she still spammed invincibility every other turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
From what I get on the concerns that you guys have, DW needs to balance between content difficulty and gacha rates. At the very least I think they should run tests of their content with average and below average teams in order to fully understand the way we players grasp things.
Difficulty isn't a problem. They had a good balance in the Halloween event. The EXP difficulty is poorly done, because you need EXP to level to even do it. It's putting the cart before the horse, which is why they're fixing it so quickly.

THIS ASCENSION DAILY, however, is not difficulty, this is cheese. Put any other Rider without a cheese skill like that as the boss, while retaining all other aspects of the daily, and it's not a problem. Want to put that fancy new 5-star Drake in there? Fine, won't be an issue. She doesn't cheese all over the place.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 10:31   Link #3590
Starlightz

It's caster day, time to farm Hearts and Snake eyes :d It seems DW also caved in to the QQs and nerfed Ascension dailies, too, seeing Waver only has 160k HP in comparison to 200+k Lancelot / Marie. Back to half sleep farming days, I guess
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 10:31   Link #3591

Hm Caster Demon and Lamias spawn in today dailies, the drop rate for Sake Jewels and Heart seem to be quite high, well if you can get the Demon to spawn that is.

Though I guess it sort of even out due to the high drop rate.
5596050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 11:01   Link #3592
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
http://typemoon.com/news/2015/6lsqmy

Maintenance later at 23:00 JST to fix the EXP quests. 1 quartz and 1 apple compensation.
They also added the nerfing of the Ascension dailies in this maintenance. No change in compensation though.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 11:35   Link #3593
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Compared to Dragons & Kirakira Marie...Waver & a Demon just doesn't bring any dread at all.
Old 2015-11-19, 11:55   Link #3594
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Noob here. Can anyone recommend me a good support team based around Artoria? (only 5* thus far)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 11:57   Link #3595
larethian

As usual buster my way with 1st 3. Then I once again soloed 40 ap. This time round with a friend's level 80 Drake. It was cake for Drake. I nearly one rounded the last wave with Waver having 1.3k hps left.

These ascension dailies are pretty easy with the fixed classes. Just ride on a friend's high level gold counter class and it can be soloed.

And btw guys, Ping just started on this game. Help him out by adding him if you can.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 11:58   Link #3596
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Damn. EXP 40AP now almost the same as it was but with vastly improved drop. I don't like it.

Quote:
And btw guys, Ping just started on this game. Help him out by adding him if you can.
My friend-list is full. And I don't think I can free some slots.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 12:09   Link #3597

Quote:
Sorry for getting a normal Artoria on a 10 roll...

Friend ID: 720,060,819
Added Orion(Artemis) with Dango Festival CE

Edit: Wow you level quite fast.
5596050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 12:11   Link #3598
GDB

Quote:
Noob here. Can anyone recommend me a good support team based around Artoria? (only 5* thus far)
She can work in basically anything but a Quick team.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 12:32   Link #3599
R.LocK
My turn

Hm. Ping, sent a request. My main Servant is the ever-graceful Marie. Have fun destroying tonight's 40AP.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 12:54   Link #3600
Tenzen12

Quote:
As was said you can put her into any line up... Which means obligatory basaka ( (Herc, cat, Lu bu, kaleido yandere).

Another option is good 3 art servant (EMYA/CasCu and borrow someone's super-serker.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon