Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-11-20, 10:34   Link #561
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm shocked that Hestia wasn't in top ten- that girl was a fan service phenomenal.

The white queen is 12th? That's something I didn't expect.

Lots of surprises this year
You might not know but I heard on 2ch there is one obnoxious guy who is a Ais fan to the death that encourages other readers to side with him. It got worse when her ship got sunk in the last released volume. So instead of helping the series be more popular it is making the fandom be polarized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Still scratching my head as to how Index could rank so high. Maybe it was NT13? Who knows? I just can't believe that it beat out Danmachi and Mahouka. And that God Tatsuya couldn't beat Accelerator who didn't even appear this year.

Such stubborn readers the Index fanbase are. Or maybe Mahouka readers just don't vote for it? I noticed its comparatively weak performance last year as well.
The former and a bit of the later.

Quote:
White Queen from Mitou Shoukan://Blood-Sign ranked so high! She basically an unknown right now.
@QH&S
She is basically an even more OP version of Kurumi Tokisaki, that was expected of the character who carries the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Why? I'm not following durarara anime or light novel so I don't know why. Last time I heard from the novel is when dollars important members are quitting.

What happen?
Durara and Durarara SH are stories in the same town but with different main characters with occasional cameos of the original cast(I'm still mad that Mikado got blue balled)
At the end of Durarara author put Izaya on a bus.
His replacement on SH is well written but not as interesting as Izaya was, just that.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2015-11-20 at 10:50.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 10:38   Link #562
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Still scratching my head as to how Index could rank so high. Maybe it was NT13? Who knows? I just can't believe that it beat out Danmachi and Mahouka.

White Queen from Mitou Shoukan://Blood-Sign ranked so high! She basically an unknown right now.
I don't think it's that shocking. Reception wasn't as mixed as made out and the only one that really could stick out was one volume but it wasn't that bad either searching from my end.

Anyways, A little sad ZW didn't even make Top 60 and that Yahari dominance. Good to see DanMachi and Saekano in the top 10. That makes me happy. Wasn't expecting Megumi though?

Iroha will always be my #1!!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 10:50   Link #563
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
You might not know but I heard on 2ch there is one obnoxious guy who is a Ais fan to the death that encourages other readers to side with him. It got worse when her ship got sunk in the last released volume.
Wow, would take effort and determination to try to change the flow of a river.

But if true it's pretty nuts that she got higher than Hestia in the ranking.

Quote:
She is basically an even more OP version of Kurumi Tokisaki, that was expected of the character who carries the series.
It's still pretty crazy she got this high when a Blood Sign is still a bit of a "no name"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 10:54   Link #564
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Wow, would take effort and determination to try to change the flow of a river.

But if true it's pretty nuts that she got higher than Hestia in the ranking.
Actually, among readers Ais was as much as popular or more than Hestia and it helped her having her own spin off series. It was the anime the skyrocket her character.

I just edited my previous posts, a polarized fanbase is weaker fanbase compared to others, and that was happening way before the anime.

Quote:
It's still pretty crazy she got this high when a Blood Sign is still a bit of a "no name"
I made that comparison because Kurumi's ranked even when the novel wasn't known much though she is more a recurring character than a main.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is blood sign really a no name? Being a work of kamachi should already set it into a pedestal that the others would look out for.
I wouldn't call BS a no name, it got Kamachi's shadow all over it so any casual reader who read Index would know that it's the same author, of course they might try to give it a shot and just like the impressions of the first volume "at the end the one standing out the most was the antagonist".
Old 2015-11-20, 10:56   Link #565
tsunade666

Is blood sign really a no name? Being a work of kamachi should already set it into a pedestal that the others would look out for.
Old 2015-11-20, 11:00   Link #566
Wandering Soul

Can't believe the White Queen from Mitou Shoukan made it to the 12th spot. Latest volume must have really helped her.

Not surprised to see Yahari dominating. Glad to see Yui and Iroha doing well.

Can't believe Accelerator somehow beat Tatsuya without even appearing.

It's also nice to see Alderamin doing well. I'm not surprised Yatori did well but I wonder how the author and other fans reacted to that.
Old 2015-11-20, 11:12   Link #567
larethian

Can please stop posting explicit or obvious spoilers out in the open? This is not a series thread. There are some series i dont follow but would like to watch the anime without spoilers, and there are some that are on my backlog reading list. Thanks.

Edit:
Especially on character deaths, plot twists, who's the culprit, and romantic ship resolutions etc.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 14:03   Link #568
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
I disagree. Anyone can take the stats from the voters and make that ranking anyway since they release the different stats. A popularity only would be as boring as the character popularity polls here. Who would want that? We already have that kind of stuff everywhere anyway. The whole point of having the voters have their favourite work compete directly with the works pushed by the collaborators is that those works will get far more attention from the public by competing with the popular title directly than having a separate poll.

Also, I don't know about Eirun, but do you have any better new title to push than shuumatsuna in mind? If so that I'd like to hear it. Because AFAIK, they did very well. And pushing Alderamin is defintiely not wrong either.
My post was mostly on the critic of the system for the most part.

For me it's less about the end result and rather the intention. I am fine with lesser known titles getting pushed, but only if they're truly interesting. Eirun does not seem like such a title to me (could glance at reviews, almost all terrible), where it is the total opposite for SukaSuka. Putting Eirun on there seem to invalidate their other efforts (and it's obvious that MF Bunko J's so heavily pushing this title), kinda like having a tiny piece of rat manure in a bowl of soup (ruins everything).

I do not blame collaborators having an agenda in mind, because this is their job. However, if they want to push a title, that title will get pushed. HP obviously is the mob mentality, so you are correct that their vote should have less weight, but Monitors are different. The fact for the top 10, collaborators have 2.5x the Monitor's weight does not sit well with me.

If I remember correctly, ever since they change the weighting system people give less and less attention to this publication (less votes too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Whether I give it a chance or not, depends on what kind of comments appear in the mag
Do report back if it's good in the LN recommendation thread, my friend who read it right after he saw the results said he has no idea how it even ranked. I mean it also ranked here http://lightnovel.jp/best/2015_01-06/vote.html, so I guess it might be a case of either you hate it or love it.

Quote:
I'm shocked that Hestia wasn't in top ten- that girl was a fan service phenomenal.

The white queen is 12th? That's something I didn't expect.

Lots of surprises this year
Hestia was not ranked last year, but Ais was. Ais beat her again this year despite having extremely limited presence in the anime and in the current novels. I'd say while the anime was successful on its own, the staff managed to completely alienate the novel readers.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 15:42   Link #569
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I see Allen has updated for the top 30 male characters- there's some surprises here as well

12. Sakamaki Izayoi (Mondaiji) - Still holding strong
13. Shiroyama Kyousuke (Mitou Shoukan) - So it's not just the White Queen
14. Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord) - Of course
20. JIndai Shinobu (Zashiki Warashi) - Even ZW?! Man HO must not do well or something
23. Adlet Mayer (Rokka) - It's too bad though, I like what I saw from both of them
28. Hans Humpty (Rokka) - It's too bad though, I like what I saw from both of them
Old 2015-11-20, 15:43   Link #570
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Eh!? Shinobu and Kyousuke made it!? That makes me happy.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 15:44   Link #571
Allen
メインヒロイン

Finished adding the rest of the male ranking and the top 57 (yeah, 57) illustrators in the same post.

Thank you @Kunagisa for the link of the images. If anyone wants to see some comments/number of votes/points distribution go here (too lazy to reupload everything in other place).

Also the ranking of new series may actually be the most interesting part of the ranking. Kentoma and Lolyferatu were mentioned in some place after all

Spoiler for Top New Series:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 15:46   Link #572
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If it's not too much Allen, could you also update it on your very first post on the thread for archiving purposes ^^ ?
Old 2015-11-20, 16:06   Link #573
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
If it's not too much Allen, could you also update it on your very first post on the thread for archiving purposes ^^ ?
First post updated. Dunno if it's better to just link the posts (ranking for 2015) or to put everything like I did for this year's ranking.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 16:35   Link #574
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Finished adding the rest of the male ranking and the top 57 (yeah, 57) illustrators in the same post.

Thank you @Kunagisa for the link of the images. If anyone wants to see some comments/number of votes/points distribution go here (too lazy to reupload everything in other place).

Also the ranking of new series may actually be the most interesting part of the ranking. Kentoma and Lolyferatu were mentioned in some place after all

Spoiler for Top New Series:
What kind of story is Gamers? MC having a gamers ability like the gamers manhwa? or its a scifi/fantasy story?

if its juts humor then meh -_- I don't fancy humor that much but still, the title interest me.
Old 2015-11-20, 16:37   Link #575
Echizen777

I was hoping to see a male from Rokka in the rankings but I never expected to see both Adlet and Hans. The anime did its job.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 17:26   Link #576
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Best Rokka boys did it!

Also Fremy, her suffering is unfair.

Ah, of course Izayoi made it too, he is so cool he made AS light novel thread gay for him and a dragon .

@Kunagisa
Ah, that sucks, it was weird first but now makes sense, I wonder if they have anything against her :/
Old 2015-11-20, 17:37   Link #577
Wandering Soul

Yes, the best Rokka characters made it.Not only did Hans and Adlet make it but so did Fremy. Glad to see the anime helped them out.

I surprised that Kyousuke made it along with the White Queen.
Old 2015-11-20, 17:50   Link #578
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
13.Shiroyama Kyousuke (Mitou Shoukan)
Uhh wow, that's pretty impressive this early when i didn't think the sales were all that great
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 18:09   Link #579
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I'm more worried about HO though.
Old 2015-11-20, 18:19   Link #580
IceHism

Zeyfris said what new LN series would I want to see this year on this list somewhere back but if I could, I'd want to see Ken to mahou no fantasy by Romeo Tanaka, Hajimaranai Ragnarok to Owatteru Uchira no Live by Ou Jackson or fate prototype by Hikaru sakurai or Tamakou Shakou Dance-bu e Yokoso by senya mihagi. I hear they are pretty good
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote