AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-11-29, 15:18   Link #2941
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
That hooded cutie was Summer, Ruby's mother and she's dead (supposedly).
Really? Can you remind me where it was said? (It's not that I doubt you, I amj ust honestly curious)
Old 2015-11-29, 15:23   Link #2942
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Really? Can you remind me where it was said? (It's not that I doubt you, I amj ust honestly curious)
It was brought up last series, with Yang talking about the team that Summer (Ruby's mother), Raven, Qrow and Taiyang were on; and we've known that Summer is dead since the very first trailer - and Ruby was talking to her grave earlier this series.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:27   Link #2943
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
As DMurphy said, Ruby's mother and father were in the same team as Yang's mother and Qrow. That being the case, in that picture of the whole team, Summer can only be the girl with the hood.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:29   Link #2944
RDNexus

Tenzen12, it may not be the best recommendation but... Go check the Wikia, it may help. I know it did to me... And still is, with each episode's transcripts
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:43   Link #2945
bakato

So that tiny sword was Weiss' partially successful summoning?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:52   Link #2946
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So that tiny sword was Weiss' partially successful summoning?
We all know she won't be able to do it until her/another's life is in danger and she has to bring out the "big guns". She's the only one (that we know of) that so far has some secret move she can't do/is hiding.

I do wonder if Qrow has taught Ruby and Yang some secret move or something of the sorts that we don't know about.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:59   Link #2947
GundamFan

Great fight a bit one sided but then again glad they didn't drag it out since it's the classic build up the villains by having them beat the side group that's been established as being really strong.

The family stuff was great good character building. Although the summoning training did have a Kaze No Stigma feel to it. That plus the sword she summons makes me think Weiss's problem might be less about control and concentration and more accepting her summon powers aren't exactly the same as her families.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 16:25   Link #2948
Wandering Soul

Emerald and Mercury stomped Coco and Yatsuhashi. That fight was extremely one sided.

Both family scenes were well done and we got to see a future development for Weiss's abilities.
Old 2015-11-29, 18:30   Link #2949
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
The family stuff was great good character building. Although the summoning training did have a Kaze No Stigma feel to it. That plus the sword she summons makes me think Weiss's problem might be less about control and concentration and more accepting her summon powers aren't exactly the same as her families.
How so? Because Weiss' sister is much better than than just about any member of the Fire clan family, with the exception of the Little Brother.

Also, was anyone else thinking KNIGHT when they saw the sword. Think about it, the trailer showed that's when she got the scar and likely what pushed her in a different direction.

Also, that beating was beautiful and horrific at the same time.
Old 2015-11-29, 19:13   Link #2950
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

No surprise about Coco and Yatsuhashi's defeat. Mercury and Emerald's skills alone prove deadly, and there's also a possibility that Cinder knew about their skills and limitations.

Let's face it, though. Coco is the weaker half because her weapon doesn't offer her any mobility and she's basically forced in a high-offense no-mobility form or a no-offense average-mobility form. (Coco doesn't seem comfortable with fighting alone either, and it's rather obvious why.) Yatsuhashi could be powerful himself, but facing Mercury was a bad match.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 19:43   Link #2951
bakato

It did seem like Coco and Yatsu were lacking in anti-personnel combat. Otherwise, they're perfectly suited for mowing down hordes of wild grimm.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 19:52   Link #2952
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
How so? Because Weiss' sister is much better than than just about any member of the Fire clan family, with the exception of the Little Brother.

Also, was anyone else thinking KNIGHT when they saw the sword. Think about it, the trailer showed that's when she got the scar and likely what pushed her in a different direction.

Also, that beating was beautiful and horrific at the same time.
I wasn't trying to say Winter was as bad as them however her talk about all Schnee semblances being the same heredity power was a little reminiscent of some of Genma speeches.
Yeah the knight was the first thing I thought of. Also I thought Weiss might really be having problems because of that it seemed more like a golem kind of construct while Winter is summoning Grimm clones.
Old 2015-11-29, 20:00   Link #2953
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It did seem like Coco and Yatsu were lacking in anti-personnel combat. Otherwise, they're perfectly suited for mowing down hordes of wild grimm.
Unfortunately, we won't see Sage and Velvet in combat (at least for the meantime) since they were not CFVY's representatives for the match.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 20:50   Link #2954
mergele

Qrow + Yang + Ruby converstaion was brilliant. Simply delicious.
Winter gained badass points in the thousands with that cool polar ursa and then some more awesomeness in her general conversation with Weiss.
The fight was also pretty amazing and it could have worked as the highlight of another episode, but here I feel it was the weakest part.
The hype is all back up and going as strong as ever.

Question: Why do we all assume that Raven is Yang's mother? I know that Ruby father and mother were in the same team, but I don't remember the same beeing said about Yang's mother and father.

Last edited by mergele; 2015-11-29 at 21:03.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 22:00   Link #2955
GundamFan

Winter didn't summon an Ursa that's a beowolf.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2015-11-30 at 19:54. Reason: Added images tag
Old 2015-11-30, 03:39   Link #2956
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm still curious to what exactly Velvet has in that box of hers. Looks like we won't be seeing it this season.

It would seem of course that Cinder is intentionally trying to get not only trying to get her team and team RWBY through, but as of now at least also JNPR and SSSN. There, actually, seems to be a high possibility that ANY of those 4 teams will end up fighting each other.

I, for one, want a RWBY/JNPR fight!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 07:58   Link #2957
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
Question: Why do we all assume that Raven is Yang's mother? I know that Ruby father and mother were in the same team, but I don't remember the same beeing said about Yang's mother and father.
Well there's the matter of her looking just like Yang.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 13:40   Link #2958
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Interesting to see that Qrow and Ruby appear to be so close, when all evidence points to them not actually being related...
Old 2015-11-30, 14:11   Link #2959
Nicaea

The fight was one sided because there wasn't any balance in Coco's team. Their best chance is to overwhelm their enemies with their firepower, but they let the momentum get taken away from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm still curious to what exactly Velvet has in that box of hers. Looks like we won't be seeing it this season.

It would seem of course that Cinder is intentionally trying to get not only trying to get her team and team RWBY through, but as of now at least also JNPR and SSSN. There, actually, seems to be a high possibility that ANY of those 4 teams will end up fighting each other.

I, for one, want a RWBY/JNPR fight!
I winder why though, does she really underestimates them? Or are the members of RWBY useful in her whole scenario of war?

RWBY would win, they're better in sync with each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Interesting to see that Qrow and Ruby appear to be so close, when all evidence points to them not actually being related...
It's not odd to be close to aunts, uncles and close friends of your parents though.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 15:06   Link #2960
Kreceir

Man, I want to finish this Episode, but the player on the site just won't work and just crash mid vid.

Qrow weakness, short skirts

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby