AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-18, 23:17   Link #141
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Mm, I smell some jealousy coming from the princess.
And it smells delicious
Old 2016-01-18, 23:41   Link #142
watisit

Whoever did the TL for this, he/she isn't very good at it. More than once he mixed up the meaning of the words.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 00:02   Link #143
ghost013

So the identity of the black dragon dude is revealed to no one's surprise.
Old 2016-01-19, 00:04   Link #144
cloud04
Scanlator

and here i thought they would do lisha's fun side
Old 2016-01-19, 00:51   Link #145
Amiluhur
Gondok

Is it some kind of LN basic rules that the bad guys must be maniacal, over the top, and just so ridiculous to look at? Seriously, when that dude tore the princess' groin with such a stupid expression on his face, i couldn't help but giggling like shit.

Also, what the heck with this episode title? It says "Weakest Drag Knight" only for the main dude to slaughter dozens of dudes at the final moment. Or perhaps the title doesn't refer to him?
Amiluhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 01:01   Link #146
Hakai

His title is supposed to be 'Weakest Undefeated'
Maybe translation error?
Old 2016-01-19, 01:06   Link #147
ValvraveTruth

Ya He is not weakest, but its weakest undefeated drag knight.

This anime, pretty much like you buy the light novel accompany with 2 episodes in one CD. Asking you to watch both together for greater experience, hahaha.

Not sure where everyone is watching the translated episodes. But if you are watching same subs as me, some correction is needed. 1) Lisha is a princess not a queen, her aunt is the queen of new empire. 2) The target of assasination mention by Lux brother, it is not just his brother only but both Lux together will be assasinated if the people left alive. 3) Lisha drag skill is Spressure 4) Flute, not whistle?

Last edited by ValvraveTruth; 2016-01-19 at 02:16.
ValvraveTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 02:04   Link #148
MonkeyDude

Well that was a rather pedestrian episode for what should have been the climactic battle of the first volume. Though I suppose there's not much you can do to hype up the fight when your "weakest" MC is actually brokenly OP. Oh well hopefully they'll do the next story arc justice, but the Risha bias is strong and she got that sort of treatment...
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 02:05   Link #149
cloud04
Scanlator

his weak also stems from what his brother called him, coz he cant kill people therefore he's "weak"
Old 2016-01-19, 02:24   Link #150
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
Not sure where everyone is watching the translated episodes. But if you are watching same subs as me, some correction is needed. 1) Lisha is a princess not a queen, her aunt is the queen of new empire. 2) The target of assasination mention by Lux brother, it is not just his brother only but both Lux together will be assasinated if the people left alive. 3) Lisha drag skill is Spressure 4) Flute, not whistle?
Thanks for pointing that out. I recognized it too and was a bit confused afterward .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 04:00   Link #151
Vaans
NEET

Yeah. The subs I've watched mention Queen instead of Princess. Good thing I know a tiny bit of Japanese.

Nice to see Phi-chan, but I like Airi more probably because of her hairstyle.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 06:37   Link #152
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
His title is supposed to be 'Weakest Undefeated'
Maybe translation error?
No its not. What you missed in the first episode and they did mention it barely. Lux is called the weakest undefeated because in his battles with Wyvern he was focused on getting only ties. Thats why he has that name because all of his battles ended in draws. Now because of the rush of this episode the reason for that isnt really understood but its a flaw of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiluhur View Post
Is it some kind of LN basic rules that the bad guys must be maniacal, over the top, and just so ridiculous to look at? Seriously, when that dude tore the princess' groin with such a stupid expression on his face, i couldn't help but giggling like shit.

Also, what the heck with this episode title? It says "Weakest Drag Knight" only for the main dude to slaughter dozens of dudes at the final moment. Or perhaps the title doesn't refer to him?
DISCLAIMER: If this is a violation i apologize but i want to answer the question he has. Please delete it if it is

One of the severe flaws of this story and something that wasnt revealed in this volume is the fact that 1. Lux didnt use bahamut in his battles before he used the wyvern he used against Lisha. 2. The weakest undefeated role that Lux has is because in the battles with the Wyvern he only got draws. In other words he never beat anybody but he never lost either. The reason for that is also missed because of how quickly they rushed the battle

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 06:46   Link #153
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
No its not. What you missed in the first episode and they did mention it barely. Lux is called the weakest undefeated because in his battles with Wyvern he was focused on getting only ties. Thats why he has that name because all of his battles ended in draws. Now because of the rush of this episode the reason for that isnt really understood but its a flaw of the story.
Uh what?
I didn't miss anything
Calling him the Weakest Drag-knight after the first episode does not make any sense either way
Weakest Undefeated at least sounds somewhat cooler
Old 2016-01-19, 06:58   Link #154
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
Ya He is not weakest, but its weakest undefeated drag knight.

This anime, pretty much like you buy the light novel accompany with 2 episodes in one CD. Asking you to watch both together for greater experience, hahaha.

The acronym of the fansubs I use is HS. And just by judging from 1 and 4, I think we're using the same

Some of the mistakes

1) It's the principal who called for him, not the girl calling the principal in ep 1, in the prison

2) Also in the prison, Kurulucifer said "I came to see the perv, Sharis"

3) During the fight, the one supposed to be "enjoying" the dance is the girl, not the guy.

Among others.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 07:10   Link #155
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Uh what?
I didn't miss anything
Calling him the Weakest Drag-knight after the first episode does not make any sense either way
Weakest Undefeated at least sounds somewhat cooler
fair enough but the problem is the story is regardless the anime skipped incredibly large amounts of information that would allow it to make more sense

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 07:26   Link #156
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
fair enough but the problem is the story is regardless the anime skipped incredibly large amounts of information that would allow it to make more sense
Well obviously
They did the entire freaking volume in 2 episodes

No explanation on Reload on Fire
Not enough mad scientist vibe from Lisha(it's supposed to be one of her cute points, at least for me)
The date was too short and rushed
Philphie got her boob grab scene animated but Lisha didn't

There are many other things I'd like to complain about but I'm not feeling like it
Old 2016-01-19, 07:37   Link #157
RDNexus

Just finished watching the episode. Was that much content skipped?
If anyone has the patience, can that someone PM me the answer?
I know I can go read the LN in question but I haven't the time for it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 08:06   Link #158
dmaxzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
So I can guess you haven't seen AntiMagic Academy, Madan no Ou to Vanadis... Or even Mahou Sensou.
You can guess whatever you want XD
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 08:20   Link #159
IceHism

I some how wonder how people see his black sword and not make some sort of prediction that he has a black drag knight cause it seems like black drag knights are quite uncommon in the setting.

I didn't really feel that it was too rushed. I guess they skipped on developing the characters more so than skipping plot details.

I don't really like how I can see the pilot when they are fighting. Would have been cooler if the person was in the machine instead of looking like some sort of suit. I guess its par for the course for being a derivative of IS.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 10:02   Link #160
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol @ princess getting jealous when Lux was getting it on with his childhood friend, when it really was Lux who saved her fived years ago. I mean I loved it when Phi was pouting at not being called Phi-chan and that Lux got goaded into the rebellion by using her wellbeing as the motivator, but honestly I feel more for the princess as it is the only past meeting that is actually shown so far. I love the dramatic irony with the "I wanted to be saved back then" when the very same knight-in-shiningblack-armour was in front of her all this time. XD

Now it's understandable why Hime doesn't recognize him since it was dark and he was in that dark armour, but why doesn't he recognize her? Possibly because he thought that she was just some random prisoner, or that he may not totally have been in the right mind due to the massacre, or a combination of both?

Still don't understand how'd Lux get the black sword when eps 1 clearly stated that he should combine his wyvern with his big brother's Bahamut. Heck, I don't understand why Big Brother didn't use the Bahamut himself. Which of course is probably going to be answered in the future, so I'll wait. I have this theory that Big Bro is the leader of Old Empire Rebellion in the present, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that Big Bro overthrew the old empire only to come back 5 years later to reinstate it? Sounds weird AF, but so far the only one with ANY semblance of being an antagonist would be Big Bro so I dunno.

As for the pacing, I didn't mind it. Sure it's a bit rushed, but with the screentime focused on the actual childhood friend, the childhood friend that doesn't know she is one, and the blood-related sister that is acting like a childhood friend, I don't mind it at all. As far as I'm concerned, the less screentime for blue haired girl or even the rest of the harem as shown in the OP, the better.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha