AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-20, 04:34   Link #1741
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Hmm. That's a matter of taste then. I personally, couldnt stand reading LLS. I've read 60 chapters or so, but I REALLY regret it. It was absolitarily not my thing. The MC is not a troll, rather just some piece of shit that I really hate and don't care about.

Good stories are something that I would expect consistent quality chapters from. I know you ended up not liking ISSTH, but for me that story is extremely well-written and funny on average, and considering I'm now around the point where you dropped, I don't understand why you even disliked that series in the first place. The example you gave me of Meng Hao being morally objectionable really isn't that bad at all. And in the end, it's sort of up to interpretation.

I think ATG is 100 times better than LLS, heck TDG and TGR are far better than LLS. LMS is also much better than LLS, but that's a strange comparison lol. (look at my avatar)
actually i have mixed feelings about Ergen's works, Xian Ni for example, while i hate the way the author made the MC, i still have to agree that Xian Ni is a quality story, particularly when you reach the part which MC decied to revive his lover. ISSTH have the same problem, but since the story is not nearly as good as Xian ni, i don't like it. Tang Jia's work is good to me at the begining, but as of now i'm starting to get sicks of his works.

I also agree that ATG, TDG, TGR is far greater than LLS, they are actually among the top in my list, but my point is LLS in general comparison, is not that bad, the main problem with LLS is that there is some particularly bad arcs in there but there are also some good arc as well. It not nearly as good as heavy weight like BTTH, ATG, TDG,.. or the likes, but the story still among the better one out there

currently following 真武世界 atm, seriously, the story is good. there is even a mohawk in the latest chapter
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 11:10   Link #1742
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I totally wouldn't mind seeing him not fight and just talk his way through some chapters.
Well, we've been getting plenty of that of late...
Old 2016-01-20, 11:21   Link #1743
Salante

^ Yeah, a little too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I totally wouldn't mind seeing him not fight and just talk his way through some chapters.
When someone scolds another person for same reason like 10 chapters it's get annoying instead being likeable.
Old 2016-01-20, 13:28   Link #1744
elroid

new chap is out.

still nth much aside from mc asking queen to grant him 2 requests. 1 of them being return the debt to Xiao Yun for what his family did. and so he was granted the a king title along with all sorts of resources. I guess he dont need the tyrant pill already
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 14:16   Link #1745
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
currently following 真武世界 atm, seriously, the story is good. there is even a mohawk in the latest chapter
Yeah, this series is great. Those two battles with the "brick". I lol'd. I also appreciate that the author put in extra effort today to write a ton so that we wouldn't wait on a cliffhanger.
Old 2016-01-20, 14:22   Link #1746
usaamahahmed101

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
new chap is out.

still nth much aside from mc asking queen to grant him 2 requests. 1 of them being return the debt to Xiao Yun for what his family did. and so he was granted the a king title along with all sorts of resources. I guess he dont need the tyrant pill already
can u give me the summary of what is going on?also xiao yun became the king,what does this mean?wasnt yc the clan master
usaamahahmed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 16:13   Link #1747
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaamahahmed101 View Post
can u give me the summary of what is going on?also xiao yun became the king,what does this mean?wasnt yc the clan master
He didn't become "the king", he was given a title. There are numerous others with that title, and although their position in society seems to differ drastically, it's still a very high position. Even Yun Che was shocked that Xiao Yao Hou was willing to go that far.
Old 2016-01-20, 18:28   Link #1748
ser4

Is that the name of the Empress?
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 18:32   Link #1749
Hiyono

Nah, her name hasn't been revealed. She's literally just called Xiao Yao Hou (小妖后) (young demon empress) much the way her brother was just called Xiao Yao Huang (小妖皇) (young demon emperor).
Old 2016-01-21, 05:11   Link #1750
Dark Mages

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Hmm. That's a matter of taste then. I personally, couldnt stand reading LLS. I've read 60 chapters or so, but I REALLY regret it. It was absolitarily not my thing. The MC is not a troll, rather just some piece of shit that I really hate and don't care about.

Good stories are something that I would expect consistent quality chapters from. I know you ended up not liking ISSTH, but for me that story is extremely well-written and funny on average, and considering I'm now around the point where you dropped, I don't understand why you even disliked that series in the first place. The example you gave me of Meng Hao being morally objectionable really isn't that bad at all. And in the end, it's sort of up to interpretation.

I think ATG is 100 times better than LLS, heck TDG and TGR are far better than LLS. LMS is also much better than LLS, but that's a strange comparison lol. (look at my avatar)
Finally! Someone who agrees with me about the LLS MC. He is a piece of shit that I just couldn't be bothered to get attached to. But the MER MC is even more of a shithead. I also agree as right now my favorites are

Ze Tian Ji (The best IMO)
ISSTH (second best)
TRUE MARTIAL WORLD ( second best)
MARTIAL PEAK
THE GREAT RULER
BTTH (it's pretty good)
I still read ATG but am quickly losing interest

Apart from these all others have either trashy villainous MCs or trashy copy paste chapters

Last edited by Dark Mages; 2016-01-21 at 11:25.
Dark Mages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 06:18   Link #1751
Salante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mages View Post
Finally someone who agrees with me about the LLS MC. He is a piece of shit that I just couldn't be bothered to get attached to. But the MER MC is even more of a shithead. I also agree as right now my favorites are

Ze Tian Ji (The best IMO)
ISSTH
TRUE MARTIAL WORLD
MARTIAL PEAK
THE GREAT RULER
BTTH (it's pretty good)
I still read ATG but am quickly losing interest

Apart from these all others have either trashy villainous MCs or trashy copy paste chapters
I actually like LLS's MC just because if someone who transported to another world only cares who show him kindness that means he is quite realistic. Why should I care about some shitheads who wants my demise? Why should I care about that clan? Why should I care some people of this world as long as they aren't suited my tastes? Why should I care people of this world as long as they don't help me? As long as whatever happens to them doesn't bring a concern to me and my VIP's I couldn't care less. He only helps people who show him kindness and it's quite normal IMO. That being said, one of the MC's I like is Mythical Tyrant's so, all in all, I like MC's who doesn't care any dipshits. Lack of empathy is what you need to survive in that kind of worlds. Heck, even in this world your rivals on business doesn't show empathy too.
Old 2016-01-21, 07:41   Link #1752
itisjustme

Lack of empathy and acting on it is actually the definition of psychopathy. Just saying. :P
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 07:46   Link #1753
Salante

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Lack of empathy and acting on it is actually the definition of psychopathy. Just saying. :P
Well, in a world where you may get killed just because someone's impulse, most of the people will be glad to called psychopath to save their ass'.
Old 2016-01-21, 08:56   Link #1754
Dark Mages

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Thanks. I for one can't stand peychopaths no matter the reason . Can't stand them. Just because others are dipshits you too don't have to be one. Heck! Even Yun Che was prepared to let the Burning Heaven Clan go until they fucked up and touched his family. Heck! Even a guy like Chu Feng cares about a noname beggar and bought him free lunch or jumped into the waves to save a little girl. Look at the MC of True Martial World, he too was dragged into another world but he isn't a shit head and unfeeling. Depends on what kinda businessman you have as your role model. Just because your father physically beat you up while growing up you don't have to turn out like him and beat people up too. Anyways I would say the LLS MC isn't the worst, it's the MER MC who is the absolute worst

Last edited by Dark Mages; 2016-01-21 at 11:26.
Old 2016-01-21, 10:42   Link #1755
Salante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mages View Post
Thanks. I for one can't stand peychopaths no matter the reason . Can't stand them. Just because others are dipshits you too don't have to be one. Heck! Even Yun Che was prepared to let the Burning Heaven Clan go until they fucked up and touched his family. Heck! Even a guy like Chu Feng cares about a noname beggar and bought him free lunch or jumped into the waves to save a little girl. Look at the MC of True Martial World, he too was dragged into another world but he isn't a shit head and unfeeling. Depends on what kinda businessman you have as your role model. Just because your father physically beat you up while growing up you don't have to turn out like him and beat people up too. Anyways I would say the LLS MC isn't the worst, it's the MER MC who is the absolute worse
If you look at Yun Che's situation objectively before they kidnap his relatives he pretty much fucked up BHC already. Whoever attacked him send back as a corpse or a cripple besides people who isn't worthy to do so. In case of Fen Juecheng he destroyed his reputation, crippled his arm, step on his head etc. Even a Pavillion Master forced to beg him for releasing clan master and making a truce, in public. In my eyes Yun Che isn't that different than Yue Yang. Yun Che just have a little more sympathy.
Old 2016-01-21, 11:23   Link #1756
Dark Mages

And that sympathy counts and sets them apart. He isn't a jerk and just retaliated when they were after his life. Even so he didn't totally destroy them and left them some face. He didn't even kill Fen Juecgeng. Stepping on his head and shit means nothing. Not only this he didn't even kill a single person from his clan even though they treated him badly as a respect to his grandfather. He also saved the cursed Pheonix Village children which showed he cared about people uncorned to him.h
Heck even Chu Feng went and saved children from getting raped by a pedophile even though it didn't concern him.

My point is these MCs are ruthless but they also act humane sometimes which makes them easier to relate to unlike vicious shit head apathetic MCs

Please don't compare a shithead like LLS MC with Yun Che who at least displays normal human behavior whenever possible unlike sociopaths like MER MC.
Old 2016-01-21, 12:17   Link #1757
Kirihara_R

Sorry for bringing the topic of lls in this thread but I just want to ask something. I already read it up to 1000+ chapters and I dont know why you guys are treating yue yang (lls mc) like a shithead ..Why? Is it because he treat the others like a npc in a game? Lol

I know that atg is better than lls but in my opinion the story is really not that bad .
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 12:55   Link #1758
Dark Mages

Yeah that's actually one part of it. What kind of bastard treats live people like NPCs? What's there to find funny in it?
Old 2016-01-21, 13:25   Link #1759
Kirihara_R

Huh? He treat them like an npc because they are not his "business" . Did he kill already an innocent people ? (Iirc the only one's did he kill is either bandits or is in the blacklist for his plant fertilizer ) if those npc will not offend him or his family he will just ignore them .. so whats wrong with that? The author didn't portray him as a "hero" isnt it?

Edit: oops lets just continue this topic in the lls thread if you want
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 13:28   Link #1760
Mahesvara

I couldn't stand LLS more than dozens chapters either. Maybe it is better ahead but i can't understand why someone would do a shitty thing just because he is 'shameless'. It wasn't funny imho.
Yeah pitiful guy's family treated him nicely because they can't understand who he is so is it ok to getting all their help like he is pitiful guy and then going 'oh they are doing all this because they think i am their relative. So i don't have to repay them even though i got all that help'?
Like i said i didn't read past first dozens of chapters but one of the events that made me hate the MC is one event with his cousin(was she Yue Bing?)
Spoiler:

I don't even find this funny. Lying to someone that helped you just because you are shameless doesn't make you funny or likeable imo.
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ass whipping mc, bondage play( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), chuyue.ask.again.in.2019, chuyue.mia.don't_ask, cockblock, cultivating strength, harem, master pokemon, op mc, profound, smart mc, troll mc, true harem