Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-01-27, 13:53   Link #4321
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Don't put words into her mouth. She can't move on because Negi is captive
If it was just that, there was no reason to outright reject Touta. She could just tell him to wait until they save Negi. But she rejects him and tells him to hook up with someone else. She probably does this because she doesn't want to lead him on. She loves Negi and would get together with him if he returned her feelings.

If he doesn't return her feelings, then Touta might have a chance.
Old 2016-01-27, 14:09   Link #4322
dark44

thats why i dont like sequles Eve loving nagi is best than she love some shota new MC
it is like Ntr nagi by his relative
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 14:13   Link #4323
Ultragunner

whether Negi would return Eva's feeling or not, we have to wait to find out.

This kinda reminds me of the Fairy arc in Sword Art Online (pls don't hit me, just hear me out ), Kirito couldn't move on or do anything else when Asuna was still being captive. The difference here is that Kirito and Asuna had already confirmed their mutual feelings.

so yeah...if Negi did come to love Eva....poor Touta
Old 2016-01-27, 14:30   Link #4324
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
so yeah...if Negi did come to love Eva....poor Touta
"Poor Touta". Karin, Kirie, Shinobu, Mizore, Kuromaru (if choose to be a girl)...

Poor guy, indeed
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 14:33   Link #4325
DerGilga
Banned

In case people are wondering if the Japanese is open to interpretation,
Touta asked:
今も祖父さんやひい祖父さんのことを好きなのか?
好き/suki : like/love

Kitty later:
今もネギ.スプリングフィ-ルドをしている
愛/ai : love/love
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 14:33   Link #4326
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If it was just that, there was no reason to outright reject Touta. She could just tell him to wait until they save Negi. But she rejects him and tells him to hook up with someone else. She probably does this because she doesn't want to lead him on. She loves Negi and would get together with him if he returned her feelings.

If he doesn't return her feelings, then Touta might have a chance.
She doesn't want lead him on, alright. How is that no reason to rejet him? Again that doesn't have anything to do with Negi returning her feelings or not, just about her feelings alone. She loves Negi, she have romantic feelings for Touta too and can't go either way until she get some closure. But that's her bussiness not Negis.

I am getting headache from this discussion, so I am retiring from for today.
Old 2016-01-27, 14:42   Link #4327
Kazu-kun

Quote:
that doesn't have anything to do with Negi returning her feelings or not
It has everything to do with it. If her feelings aren't returned she'd have to move on or remain alone and bitter for all eternity. But if he returns her feelings, they could be together. Everything depends on whether he returns her feelings.

Quote:
she have romantic feelings for Touta
You don't know that. She cares about him a great deal, but she never said she has romantic feelings for him.
Old 2016-01-27, 14:47   Link #4328
Homura7

This is the second time she has rejected him, actually. I was all the way aboard that ship after that chapter, but people, Eva has just confessed the one and only she has ever loved for almost a century is Negi! There are no double meanings and there's nothing ambiguous in that statement: Eva straight told Touta her heart ( and virginity) belongs to Negi.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 15:45   Link #4329
Malicre

i copy pasted this post from mangahere and it basically sums up how i feel about this.

"It kind of makes her look fickle, and to be honest I was surprised that she loved Negi at all. It was clear that she cared for him, but I figured she liked Nagi as was indicated basically through out Negima. That would correspond better with her feelings in the past for Touta considering that Touta is more similar to Nagi, but adding Negi to the equation makes her seem really fickle, like she is falling down the Springfield tree after being rejected at every branch with Touta being the bottom consolation that she hangs on to by kissing him now. Perhaps that is a bit harsh but it doesn't come across well imo, especially since her character seemed far more straight forward in Negima, and subsequently more likable."

Telling touta she loves someone else then kissing him was a really bad move.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 17:53   Link #4330
ReddyRedWolf

Here is the thing back during Negima Eva did have feelings for Negi but she wasn't confident he would like her. When Satsuki presented that possibility she was flustered and stuttering mess.

Back then in Camo's love chart her highest points were lust and parental love. Guess what the same thing is happening with Touta only she had a crush on him before being a parental figure.

Out of the long lived members of 3-A only Eva is willing to pull off the Reverse Hikaru Genji Plan of Misa.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 19:34   Link #4331
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Yeah, there is no such rule. Yukihime is stuck right now, she can't go forth nor back. Reason why she said Touta to find himself someone was because it would be unfair for him wait for her even though she can't promise positive answer.

This is definitely not end of Touta x Yukihime. It's just mean one more obstacle to be overcomed, after all Eva wouldn't kiss Touta if she didn't have romantic feelings for him.
asuna kissed negi near the ending of negima and they didnt end up together.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 20:34   Link #4332
Tenzen12

As far as I remember we don't know with whom he ended, so it could be as well Asuna. Well that's completely unrelated matter.
Old 2016-01-28, 00:32   Link #4333
Twi

Technically, Asuna hasn't woken up yet and Negi is trapped by the Life Maker.
Old 2016-01-28, 01:25   Link #4334
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
As far as I remember we don't know with whom he ended, so it could be as well Asuna. Well that's completely unrelated matter.
well except for the fact that, negi clearly tells asuna who his crush is and she doesnt react like someone who got confessed to, as well as going on to hint that negi and his crush does have similarities for it to work out.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 01:34   Link #4335
Malicre

The whole point is that she shouldn't have kissed touta after saying she loved someone else. It would have been WAY better for touta to turn his head right when she tried to kiss him and say something like "you don't love me so lets not" but no he wants eva to keep toying with touta. Shes an immortal who has lived for hundreds of years but still has the emotions of a teenager. It was fine in negima but now it just feels like hes writing eva's character into the ground.

This chapter alone made me shift from touta x eva to touta x anyone else.

Last edited by Malicre; 2016-01-28 at 01:47.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 01:59   Link #4336
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
well except for the fact that, Negi clearly tells Asuna who his crush is and she doesnt react like someone who got confessed to, as well as going on to hint that Negi and his crush does have similarities for it to work out.
Her face was questionable, but yes, it couldn't be proved that she was indeed the one mentioned from that.

But it seems that everyone is forgetting something very important in regards to that scene:

Just because he told Asuna a specific girl that he liked, doesn't necessarily mean that said girl would turn out to be his wife in the future. 80 years ha passed , anything else could have happened in that time, before his encounter with the MotB that could have made him change his opinion...

Now about Eva, call me crazy or whatever, but Touta had to have learned his nature of telling people he "loves them", in familial way or not, from somewhere...

If I'm not getting mislead by meaning lost in the translation, the previous few chapters were akin to hints to what Eva meant in the last one.

Also, Eva had more of a crush on Nagi than anyone else. And after all that he and Negi's mom(I keep forgetting her name) had been through, I doubt he would ever cheat on her, unless, y'know, harem time happens.

Speaking of Negi's mom, doesn't the MotB shown earlier in this series look a lot like her? Could be one of the reasons Negi challenged her, since the fate of his other was also never shown.

Anyway, this is all my two cents opinion.
Old 2016-01-28, 05:32   Link #4337
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It has everything to do with it. If her feelings aren't returned she'd have to move on or remain alone and bitter for all eternity. But if he returns her feelings, they could be together. Everything depends on whether he returns her feelings.

You don't know that. She cares about him a great deal, but she never said she has romantic feelings for him.
If you think Eva doesn't have any romantic feeling for Touta, I wonder if you even read UQ Holder at all.

And the biggest flaw in your theory is even though Eva and Negi has been together for more than 50 years, why didn't anything happen between them? If they couldn't enter a relationship even after all those years, what could magically hook them up later? Eva's temporarily rejection looks more because cause of her feeling of guilty than anything at this point. It's very likely she blames herself for Negi's capture, as we was hinted by Fate's accusation and Eva being nerfed. That's why she can't allow herself to accept happiness until he is rescued.
Old 2016-01-28, 05:43   Link #4338
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
If you think Eva doesn't have any romantic feeling for Touta, I wonder if you even read UQ Holder at all.

And the biggest flaw in your theory is even though Eva and Negi has been together for more than 50 years, why didn't anything happen between them? If they couldn't enter a relationship even after all those years, what could magically hook them up later? Eva's temporarily rejection looks more because cause of her feeling of guilty than anything at this point. It's very likely she blames herself for Negi's capture, as we was hinted by Fate's accusation and Eva being nerfed. That's why she can't allow herself to accept happiness until he is rescued.
UQ Holder chapter 96 I think, Eva talks to the girls about an immortal's mindset about love vs a mortal's mindset and how immortals fall into the trap of thinking there will always be another day and never confess their feelings until it's too late.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 22:50   Link #4339
kagato3

Yeah reading the chapter it seems like she has way more feelings for Touta then she ever showed for Neji and given Eva's troll personality one has to take her claim of loving Neji with a grain of salt since Touta brings it up and she goes right into troll mode right before she says it .
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 00:49   Link #4340
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I am reminded of when, early on, Eva explained to Touta how both his and Karin's immortalities were perfect, and immediately shipped them together, suggesting they could one day be the only two beings left alive on Earth. Now why would she say that when her own immortality should be every bit as much perfect as, if not more perfect than Touta's? Not only are they both immortal for the same reasons (shinso), but hers is presumably more pure, given that she is closer to whatever the source of their vampirism is, and he is an imperfect, created being.

It's because she doesn't plan on living forever. Negi's immortality is not perfect. He is going to die some day, MotB or not, and she doesn't plan on sticking around forever after he leaves.

Remember, given that there is no evidence that Touta's and Kitty's meeting created an alternate timeline, we should assume this is all taking place, to her perception, after she initially fell for Touta way back when in Dana's palace. She still loves him, but she fell for another. It happens.

Of course, things could change in the future, but that certainly seems to be her feelings at the present time, whether people like it or not.

This is why I actively don't ship. Causes unnecessary bias, and that clouds the perception of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
UQ Holder chapter 96 I think, Eva talks to the girls about an immortal's mindset about love vs a mortal's mindset and how immortals fall into the trap of thinking there will always be another day and never confess their feelings until it's too late.
Exactly. She was talking about Negi.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love