AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-01-28, 14:13   Link #21
Wandering Soul

Nekomamushi was a fun character. Not what I was expecting.

Wasn't expecting the whole family of Assassins reveal. They must bepretty influential if they can get the WG to pull some strings for them and set up this wedding
Old 2016-01-28, 14:16   Link #22
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
They don't necessarily have to fight Big Mom, though.... not with Pekoms' help, as was even kinda pointed out this chapter.
I don't think they'll be fighting Big Mom either. The Pekoms storyline is almost over the top pointing in that direction. And I can just imagine Sanji's cooking paired with her love for sweets. I wouldn't be too surprised if Kaidou attacks and Big Mom and the SHs team up to take him down. Pekoms would also be for that alliance since Kaidou's right hand man almost eradicated the Minks.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 14:57   Link #23
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
They don't necessarily have to fight Big Mom, though.... not with Pekoms' help, as was even kinda pointed out this chapter. And didn't you even say yourself that disaster could be avoided if Big Mama was indebted to the Straw-Hats? I mean, even if Lola isn't her daughter, I'd think she might be grateful for saving the life of one of her subordinates (who just so happened to be betrayed by a so-called "comrade", at that)....
Oh, I totally agree with all of that. But it's nice to see that Zoro on occasion keeps the crew in check. There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. As far as they're concerned, Big Mom is an enemy. I'm thinking that when they finally meet her, initially, she'll be hostile towards them. But after some time, she'll warm up to them.
Old 2016-01-28, 15:21   Link #24
The Small One

A family of murderers in a world where hardly anyone dies… no wonder Sanji was looking for a new job.
Interesting to see how this develops.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 17:07   Link #25
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
A family of murderers in a world where hardly anyone dies… no wonder Sanji was looking for a new job.
Interesting to see how this develops.
Good one.

But seriously, loved the chapter, funny, and informative,
And now i'm shipping Chopper and the mink lady with antlers (if she was named, i missed it), even knowing nothing will come of it.

Zoro as the voice of reason kinda worries me, mainly because he is clearly insane (and my favorite One Piece character).
But then he has shown himself to be the actual voice of reason before, like at the end of water seven arc, nice to see him in that role again.
That said, if/when Luffy decides that it's time to go kick ass at the wedding, he'll be the first to start fighting (well, second, Luffy probably will manage to get there first).
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 17:48   Link #26
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Zoro as the voice of reason kinda worries me, mainly because he is clearly insane (and my favorite One Piece character).
But then he has shown himself to be the actual voice of reason before, like at the end of water seven arc, nice to see him in that role again.
Interesting how Zoro's wisdom happens around the same time in each half of the OP story. Zoro has to keep the big picture clear when it involves Luffy's commitment to crew members.
Old 2016-01-28, 18:55   Link #27
marvelB

BTW, I think someone else brought this up already, but the way things are going, it looks like Oda is setting up the current storyline as the NW equivalent of the CP9 arc. I mean, we have one of the members leaving due to their past catching up to them, what appears to be a group of professional killers with strong ties to the WG (probably more like the top world powers in general) are involved, and Luffy made his intentions clear to get involved regardless of disturbing the balance of those said powers. Heck, at this point I'm half-expecting for there to be a Buster Call on standby at that wedding, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 19:45   Link #28
J4n1

Quote:
Heck, at this point I'm half-expecting for there to be a Buster Call on standby at that wedding, lol.
Give it couple story arcs, and WG will have buster call ready anywhere they think Strawhats are likely to sail to.
Old 2016-01-28, 20:10   Link #29
imza

Quote:
BTW, I think someone else brought this up already, but the way things are going, it looks like Oda is setting up the current storyline as the NW equivalent of the CP9 arc. I mean, we have one of the members leaving due to their past catching up to them, what appears to be a group of professional killers with strong ties to the WG (probably more like the top world powers in general) are involved, and Luffy made his intentions clear to get involved regardless of disturbing the balance of those said powers. Heck, at this point I'm half-expecting for there to be a Buster Call on standby at that wedding, lol.
I hope not. Oda kept the first half of the series so fresh and I hope he doesn't just duplicate the types of stories for the NW arcs. At least in this case, even though there are some similarities, it seems like with two emperors involved, the story can still turn out very different from the Robin arc.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 21:20   Link #30
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Don't hate me, but I feel as if the whole Robin arc isn't done, it should never be done. The Marine's/WG should always be trying to get her. The only thing is how to not make it stale.

As for Sanji's arc and this might be the NW equivalent of Enies Lobby, I think Oda can and will bring more to table than previously.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 22:27   Link #31
adriankhoo153

Do u see Nami trying to help out Sanji? Maybe Nami in love with Sanji kun?
adriankhoo153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 03:03   Link #32
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

This arc is finally starting to get intresting, arc has been kind of boring to this point in my opinion. Zoro makes good points but at the same time he doesn't understand the entire situation yet to be pointing blame here, judging by the character we've known though I'd say he's worried for Sanji deep down, bet you hey'll be the first to save him or some thing than all those yaoi shippers can jump with joy

Chopper has finally entered his teen years, bless him

Nami is not in love with Sanji, she's like that with all the strawhat's. All of them is like one big family. You might as well say she loves Luffy too

I can't wait for that wedding, it should be hilarious. Bet you Big Mom is willing to make a trade for Luffy instead of Sanji the end of the arc as the groom for one of her daughters to keep things the way they are. Now how funny of an ending would that be?

Yah, the way things are looking I can see Big Mom as allies when this is over. I don't know if i should be excited or disappointed cuz I was really looking forward Luffy V.S Big Mom, I was thinking Luffy would learn his awakening during that fight, yes I'm sure he will learn it sooner or later, kind of like King Haki.

Over all, an ok chapter. No break next week right?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 03:14   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
She's more like the voice of "reason", thinking what most people would think in order to contrast Zoro's way of handling the matter.

Quote:
No break next week right?
No, it's a miracle!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 05:54   Link #34
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Nekomamushi is nothing like expected, his "irresponsible kitty" behavior was hilarious XD

Things are getting interesting when it comes to Sanji, it seems he didn't want to go into the family business. Which reminds me of Killua/HxH.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 07:28   Link #35
J4n1

Quote:
Everyone is going to be trying to help out Sanji, no love flags here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
This arc is finally starting to get intresting, arc has been kind of boring to this point in my opinion. Zoro makes good points but at the same time he doesn't understand the entire situation yet to be pointing blame here, judging by the character we've known though I'd say he's worried for Sanji deep down, bet you hey'll be the first to save him or some thing than all those yaoi shippers can jump with joy
What do you think Zoro is missing from the big picture?

I don't think, even for a second, that Zoro is thinking or suggesting leaving Sanji behind. But he is making sure that the rest of the crew understand what they are getting into.
And once push comes to shove, he will be among first to step into the action, consequences be damned.
Old 2016-01-29, 10:25   Link #36
LevelSeven

it would be awesome to see sanji using a silent-movement skill like killua (the one with the many illusionary clones) as a learned battlestyle XD

btw, isnt is a bit odd that sanji was acting like a innocent child in the don-creek-flashback?? or are assasination-family-childs not raised with immense torture and killing-tech-mastery?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 12:25   Link #37
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
it would be awesome to see sanji using a silent-movement skill like killua (the one with the many illusionary clones) as a learned battlestyle XD

btw, isnt is a bit odd that sanji was acting like a innocent child in the don-creek-flashback?? or are assasination-family-childs not raised with immense torture and killing-tech-mastery?
Only if you want them to be psychologically messed up and likely to go on a killing rampage among thier own family.

Also, Sanji was working in a kitchen, which in itself is rather odd, so maybe he or his parents had run away from the family?
Old 2016-01-29, 13:21   Link #38
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I hope not. Oda kept the first half of the series so fresh and I hope he doesn't just duplicate the types of stories for the NW arcs. At least in this case, even though there are some similarities, it seems like with two emperors involved, the story can still turn out very different from the Robin arc.

Think it's a bit late to hope for no parallels to earlier arcs considering that the recent Dressrosa was already an Alabasta 2.0, heh.

That being said, it's not like I'm expecting Sanji's story to be an exact copy of Robin's either. I think it's natural that there will be several differences, but I still feel the similarities will make it all the more interesting, as well. To bring up Dressrosa again, it even directly references the events of Alabasta, which Fujitora used to his advantage to conclude that arc's conflict. Maybe something similar will be the case with Sanji's situation (using experience from a past arc to deal with the current conflict, I mean).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 15:32   Link #39
itachi-san314

There's a fine line an author can cross between paying homage, drawing parallels and just flat out ripping off. Oda hasn't even come close to ripping off old stories imho. I think what he's done with these parallels has been pretty genius writing frankly. He manages to revive old feelings and scenarios while still keeping the stories fresh and original.
Old 2016-01-29, 17:41   Link #40
jasper222

Quote:
Possibly.

Not one to count out a possibility myself.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote