AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-16, 00:58   Link #3701
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
During that exchange between Taiyang and Qrow, I noticed that Taiyang wasn't all too happy with uncle Qrow. Given that Ruby seems to see uncle as a role model and more or less imitate him, I guess that Taiyang might be incredibly pissed at Qrow for potentially sending Ruby on the same path her mother went through. Ruby leaving is just the icing on the cake.
There's also the feeling of having been robbed of the father role. He did shut down when Summer died, and most of Ruby's life was with Qrow. That's why Taiyang tried to be as warm to Ruby, bringing her strawberries and cookies when she woke up. He's trying to make up for the time he spent grieving over Summer's death.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 01:28   Link #3702
QSTraderDG86

On Pyrrha: her death was not only tragic, it was senseless, which makes it an order of magnitude more tragic. At the end of the day, the biggest question will be "WHY?!", considering she achieved next to nothing. To me, it looked like little more than a guilt-borne glorified suicide.

On Taiyang: so far, he's come off as little more than pitiful. Supreme Sun Dragon? Pfft. Cut me a break. Get back to me when he lives up to his hype. So far, the show's painted him as little more than a loser. His first woman walks out on him, his second one bites it, then he fails as a father as evidenced by his reckless first daughter, while his second one got raised much better by someone who doesn't even have any biological connection with her. Nice. Someone call me back when he actually does something befitting of the expectations that Supreme Sun Dragon brings about.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 01:31   Link #3703
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Considering she was inspired by Achilles and went out in a similar fashion, if the rest of team JNPR sticks to their inspirations, then they're all going to die hideous deaths.
Mulan (Ren) survived the war and lived a rather happy life IIRC.

Thor dies certainly, but so does almost everyone else in a final battle.

I don't see how they would die hideous deaths
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 01:47   Link #3704
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Taiyang apparently carries a burden much heavier than anything we've seen about him implies. I presume it's mostly related to the underlying reasons to Raven leaving and Summer dying. Hopefully they explore his background because, according to Qrow, he's all but a broken man now.

And he's clearly keeping things from his daughters out of fear that they'll end up like their mothers. Information I hope we'll learn eventually.

Being Taiyang is suffering.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 02:19   Link #3705
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Taiyang apparently carries a burden much heavier than anything we've seen about him implies. I presume it's mostly related to the underlying reasons to Raven leaving and Summer dying. Hopefully they explore his background because, according to Qrow, he's all but a broken man now.

And he's clearly keeping things from his daughters out of fear that they'll end up like their mothers. Information I hope we'll learn eventually.

Being Taiyang is suffering.
Yang can only HOPE she ends up as badass as Raven.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 05:48   Link #3706
Eragon
Still Alive

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Its a reference to the confession scene in Mulan, I think.

Source: dashingicecream
Old 2016-02-16, 06:03   Link #3707
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Images
big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2016-02-16 at 09:58. Reason: added images tag
Old 2016-02-16, 07:20   Link #3708
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
The flood of post-denial Arkos fan art makes it worse. Wonder if Gray Haddock will come out and say the same for Roman as well.
Roman got confirmed as definitely dead in the livestream the day before the episode aired, I think, with a side order of 'He was actually never meant to be this big a character in the first place.'

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 07:42   Link #3709
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well... I guess all we need is confirmation from Neo's VA... er wait...
Old 2016-02-16, 09:08   Link #3710
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Oh, btw, the rest of team JNPR?

Joan of Arc, Thor, and Mulan (who committed suicide as opposed to being sold into sex slavery, from what I hear).

In other words, I think RWBY just may have gone the route of Akame Ga Kill after episode 8 (in which one of the characters gets devoured alive and was the second death in three episodes from the main cast):

"Well, everyone's dead to me at this point, so I'm not going to care. I'll just be pleasantly surprised if someone makes it out alive".

In the case of Akame Ga Kill, it was very much warranted since characters came and were offed in the course of several episodes, long before they built up any sympathy.

And so far, Jaune just got a zillion death flags stuck in him (especially BECAUSE he might want to go join Pyrrha), and the other two are severely underdeveloped compared to the rest of the main characters AND take their likeness from characters that have a BAD END to their stories.
No, why did you have to put that thought in my head. Jaune and Nora are my favourite characters. I don't want them to die. I will be seriously disappointed in this show if team JNPR all die just to get team RWBY to rise up more.

And then you mention Akame Ga Kill. The reason I ended up dropping that series was due to all the characters I liked kept dying.
Old 2016-02-16, 09:57   Link #3711
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A lot of fans were hit hard on what happen in the season finale.

Old 2016-02-16, 09:58   Link #3712
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Almost every one those were crying at some point. That guy in the middle was already crying like 5 seconds into the episode.
Old 2016-02-16, 11:41   Link #3713
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Well, team JNPR are all based on characters that die horrible deaths, hence why it may be presumptuous to have any more sympathy for them at this point.

Luckily, team RWBY is at least based on fairy tales with at least neutral if not happy endings (Red riding hood, snow white, beauty and the beast, Goldilocks and the three bears).
Check the original versions of their tales...just saying, so by that logic no one based on fairy tales or tragic legends will be alive by the end of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Oh wow, FUCK THAT. If they're gonna go full AgK, OF ALL THE ANIME, on this, I'm totally gonna be disappointed.
I agree, if that happens i'm out.
Old 2016-02-16, 14:09   Link #3714
mergele

If we are going to talk about the fairy tales origins of RWBY I want to say that I can't wait for Raven to dance on Rubys wedding with burning shoes.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 14:21   Link #3715
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
If we are going to talk about the fairy tales origins of RWBY I want to say that I can't wait for Raven to dance on Rubys wedding with burning shoes.
Ruby seems to be based on little Red riding hood though. It was Snow White's mother who was forced to dance with burning shoes.
Old 2016-02-16, 14:39   Link #3716
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Roman got confirmed as definitely dead in the livestream the day before the episode aired, I think, with a side order of 'He was actually never meant to be this big a character in the first place.'
Seriously?

Regardless of how small they intended his role to be he still was one of the big 5 antagonists. To kill him off in that fashion is much more ridiculous than all the whining around Phyrra's death.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 15:52   Link #3717
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Seriously?

Regardless of how small they intended his role to be he still was one of the big 5 antagonists. To kill him off in that fashion is much more ridiculous than all the whining around Phyrra's death.
Exactly! I've made that point three or four times now. They could have at least shown the Grimm sneaking up on him, and maybe Ruby tries to get out a warning, but not. Sudden and meaningless.
Old 2016-02-16, 16:53   Link #3718
mergele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Ruby seems to be based on little Red riding hood though. It was Snow White's mother who was forced to dance with burning shoes.
Yeah, of course. I must have went completly braindead there.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 17:16   Link #3719
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Ahhhh, sweet sweet hopeful bittersweet sadness

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2016-02-16, 18:07   Link #3720
bakato

I don't think a JaunexRuby is off the table. When she first arrived at Beacon, Jaune was the one who toured with her.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby