AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2016-03-11, 19:21   Link #3201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose the question is whether Meicoomon is actually the source of any of this or another victim. Something was very wrong with that digivice. Regardless can't take any of Himekawa's words at face value.

Certainly enough right now to be heavily suspicious of Himekawa. Curious though about her role in these events. Whether she's totally behind it, or just working for the real mastermind. Either way the "support" she gave to Meiko way back is definitely suspicious.

Plenty to speculate about after this last movie anyways. A lot of questions in the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
I liked how Koushirou didn't get his feelings get in the way when he had to tell Mimi things straight out.

And as hilarious as his reaction at seeing that shot of Mimi in her custom made outfit is, guess WHO is the one that sends it to him which results in the digimon partners being left alone at home with Leomon, which prompts them to convice him into taking all them out?
Did he or didn't he? I'm not sure he would have been that angry if Tai or someone else had gone ahead. People can get pissed off when people they like disappoint them.

Plus in the end Joe basically affirms that Mimi should just keep being who she is so it didn't have much impact in the end .
Old 2016-03-11, 19:23   Link #3202
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Xaros- View Post
Does anyone remember exactly what dilemma or internal conflict Tai and Matt were having when they reached their Megas?
They didn't. It was some weird prophecy where their siblings had to shoot their Crests with arrows or something weird like that.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 19:24   Link #3203
-Xaros-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
And as hilarious as his reaction at seeing that shot of Mimi in her custom made outfit is, guess WHO is the one that sends it to him which results in the digimon partners being left alone at home with Leomon, which prompts them to convice him into taking all them there?
Y'know that came to mind as well but I thought I was just making things u out of thin air because there wasn't anything necessarily bad that happened to them. However, what if her plan was to somehow infect Koushiro's computer and bypass the security?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They didn't. It was some weird prophecy where their siblings had to shoot their Crests with arrows or something weird like that.
thats what I recall too but then again I watched the Dub version. I certainly hope whatever the "key" to unlocking their Megas applies to Tai and Matt too and not just some new b.s explanation.
-Xaros- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 19:28   Link #3204
Knight_SV

i hoped leomon survived and become bancholeomon and then jogress with darkdramon to become chaosmon later
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 19:34   Link #3205
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 19:37   Link #3206
MagnaAngemon

They definitely gave more stuff for the Koumi and Takari fans. I truly think they're going there with both. We got Hikari blushing when he saved her and them consistently teasing and flirting also that little glimmer in Takeru's teeth when he was talking to Hikari about the band, in anime that's usually a cliche for when a guy talks to a girl he likes. He's trying to impress her. Koumi was again one sided but adorable.

I loved Rosemon and Vikemon. Thumbs up for them not taking a short cut in the animations like they did in Saikai.

This was a massive improvement over Saikai.

I love Jou so much more now then I did when I was a kid because I connect to him much more now.
MagnaAngemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 19:39   Link #3207
Homura7

The situation with Himekawa is giving me some serious Digimon Cyber Sleuth vibes. Watch out guys, major spoilers.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 19:48   Link #3208
-Xaros-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaAngemon View Post
I love Jou so much more now then I did when I was a kid because I connect to him much more now.
I agree 100%.
Old 2016-03-11, 20:01   Link #3209
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

In the end I did enjoy seeing Joe's troubles here. Very relateable troubles. The guy is dealing with all the pressures of school and falling short of his goals. He's putting in the effort, but Joe isn't a genius either. Very much carrying on his issue from the original show in terms of his family having these hopes and Joe struggling to meet them.

It's not like the digimon situation made him start to fall short, he just was already at his limit before this began. Though in the end glad he got himself together and took a stand to fight. Kari made a fair point. Joe doesn't need a reason for Gomamon to be his partner. That friendship is one thing that you don't need some reason to explain or allow to exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
i hoped leomon survived and become bancholeomon and then jogress with darkdramon to become chaosmon later
Honestly if he did somehow come back I'd be glad to see Saberleomon again. Personal preference though.
Old 2016-03-11, 20:06   Link #3210
Homura7

We all agree this was Leomon's most brutal death in the entire franchise. It's one thing to get stabbed in the gut, but seeing him being completely obliterated was a shock for me.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 21:22   Link #3211
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Once more being leomon sucks...
I wonder what is worse, being Leomon or being Lancer
Old 2016-03-11, 21:32   Link #3212
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I wonder what is worse, being Leomon or being Lancer
Probably Lancer. Leomon at least seems to go years of his life being awesome before something terrible kills him. Lancer just gets summoned and is dead within days .
Old 2016-03-11, 21:38   Link #3213
obkung

Here is my theory

Meiko is a digidestine but her partner isn't Meicoomon but Huckmon, Meicomon is a false, artificially created digimon by the government to destroyed the digital world by being a vector of the virus, the threat is high enough that higher being of digital world decided to close the gate to limited further attempt and authorized Alphamon taking action which is why Alphamon goes after Meicoomon in the first movies but the government equipment isn't strong enough to fight adult level digimon and beyond so they enlisted those who can, digidestined. First they go with the 02 gang bar Takeru and Hikari, the mission failed and they're unaccounted for. 02 gang later knew that they are being used sent Ken to expose them and empowered the rest of the team with how to go mega by sending Koshiro a hint. Ken decided to go with Kaiser's persona since government likely already contact the main group to mask his intention, somehow that Imperialdramon is a fake.
obkung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 22:00   Link #3214
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
He died in the real world, soo .... ghost Leomon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obkung View Post
Here is my theory

Meiko is a digidestine but her partner isn't Meicoomon but Huckmon, Meicomon is a false, artificially created digimon by the government to destroyed the digital world by being a vector of the virus, the threat is high enough that higher being of digital world decided to close the gate to limited further attempt and authorized Alphamon taking action which is why Alphamon goes after Meicoomon in the first movies but the government equipment isn't strong enough to fight adult level digimon and beyond so they enlisted those who can, digidestined. First they go with the 02 gang bar Takeru and Hikari, the mission failed and they're unaccounted for. 02 gang later knew that they are being used sent Ken to expose them and empowered the rest of the team with how to go mega by sending Koshiro a hint. Ken decided to go with Kaiser's persona since government likely already contact the main group to mask his intention, somehow that Imperialdramon is a fake.
Interesting theory. In other words, Ken is faking it to get them to all go Ultimate to defeat Meicoomon's final form.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 22:11   Link #3215
OtakuSwish

Since Leomon died in the real world does that mean he can`t be revived like Wizardmon?
OtakuSwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 23:30   Link #3216
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by obkung View Post
Here is my theory

That's an interesting theory, but wouldn't it have been easier for the 02 cast to explain what was going on instead of sending a vague message. I mean, if they have time to send that message, then there is no reason why they can't just explain the full story.

It also doesn't explain the weird abilities Ken displayed.
Old 2016-03-12, 00:16   Link #3217
Idealist 99

Okay Move 02 was about Joe and Mimi!
And Movie 03 is about TK and Izzy which mean that Movie 04 will be about Sora and Kari.
So, What if the last movie focus on Adventure 02 children ?
Maybe , The Movie 05 will be about Yolei and Cody So the Last movie will focus on Davis and Ken.
After all , The Strongest Digimon in Adventure universe is White Imperiadramon So it likely to involve in the last battle.
Well , I hope Davis will be receive better characterization like Mimi in Tri series.
Old 2016-03-12, 00:55   Link #3218
OtakuSwish

Here is the poster for the third movie
OtakuSwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 01:24   Link #3219
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Dang....next movie hits September 24.

The timeline for these is starting to slip. If they keep adding a month or two between each release....this really could take years to finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That's an interesting theory, but wouldn't it have been easier for the 02 cast to explain what was going on instead of sending a vague message. I mean, if they have time to send that message, then there is no reason why they can't just explain the full story.

It also doesn't explain the weird abilities Ken displayed.
Yeah, I think the government theory is very possible, though not sure about the 02 cast theory.

Honestly after Myotismon basically conquered a city and would have spread his influence globally...I could see a government saying "yeah screw this, time to take these things down." I barely remember 02, but I'm pretty sure they had additional reasons to be pissed. Then toss in the whole nuke issue and well yeah...

Since Meiko was approached early and got "help" adjusting, it's very possible her digivice was tampered with and her digimon outright replaced. I mean throw in brainwashing or whatever if needed to make it work. After all they called them not digimon during that Ogremon showdown, but a hazard. Very possible the teacher is unaware of all this though Seems like a good guy.

Now the issue is the 02 cast. Maybe somehow they found out and were taken into custody? Maybe they were pushed into fights they couldn't handle and got overwhelmed somehow.

Honestly throw in brainwashing and a lot of things make sense with the lack of concern for the 02 cast .

But yeah, I still have no firm grasp on the 02 situation. Not even sure the Ken we saw was real. At the very least it doesn't seem to be government related since there was shock at seeing Ken at the festival, not "ok, all according to plan."She didn't give away to anyone except the audience that she saw Ken so it wasn't like she was trying to trick anyone.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2016-03-12 at 01:42.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 01:54   Link #3220
-Xaros-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Now the issue is the 02 cast. Maybe somehow they found out and were taken into custody? Maybe they were pushed into fights they couldn't handle and got overwhelmed somehow.

But yeah, I still have no firm grasp on the 02 situation. Not even sure the Ken we saw was real. At the very least it doesn't seem to be government related since there was shock at seeing Ken at the festival, not "ok, all according to plan."She didn't give away to anyone except the audience that she saw Ken so it wasn't like she was trying to trick anyone.
Taken into custody by the government? My only issue with that is that during the first movie the 4 of the 02 kids were status unknown. The only thing I can think of is that Hime is secretly working with someone else and is merely trying to play down her role for Daigo, as he does seem like he's legitimately on the side of the Digidestined. I really hope there's still an in-universe explanation as to why nobody has mentioned the 02 case like Davis when they were dealing with Imperialdramon. Also, did any of you guys notice how Takeru referred to the Digimon Kaiser as "not him" again? Do you think "him" refers to the persona vs actually Ken himself? It almost feels as if 02 is getting some heavy retcon.

Also, that third poster shows Patamon and not Seraphimon. Is that Dark Meicoomon ultimate form or something?

Tags
digimon