AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-12, 19:56   Link #2421
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
Prelude to Terror , title for next volume is true or not?
[動乱の序章] Preface of Upheaval

terror is such a strong, and in this case, wrong word.
Old 2016-03-12, 19:58   Link #2422
somejima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I didn't interpret it like that, all they are afraid of is MB and it's the magic which is sealed at the cost of Miyuki's lack of control. Miyuki can seal everything but at the cost of her own magic. If Tatsuya loses ES he won't be able to use magic. His AMCA can't be limited, they have no reason to do this in the first place, the AMCA itself is weak but its has some benefits. Pledge must be the magic Yakumo was seeing in volume 1.
Well I also share the same opinion as amtro, that all his magical abilities are affected by the seal and not just MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
The "magic resource" he didn't stated of what kind resource it was. Also he didn't touch the topic of seal too, nothing could be inferred though.
I think we can just guess unless Tats himself confirms anything.
somejima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 20:09   Link #2423
amtro
Distro

Pledge does not discriminate between Tatsuya's abilities. It screws up his aim and his concentration. That's it. Without the ability to target and decompose at a certain level he can't use MB. It affects all his abilities, there is no middle thing. Says so right there in black and white.
Old 2016-03-12, 20:36   Link #2424
azarhal

What I take from the description, is that Pledge can affect all of Tatsuya's abilities and even his will, but the magic allow the "owner" (Miyuki in this case) to decide how much is affected at any given time.

That's why Miyuki told Tatsuya she could make him blind if she wanted in Steeplechase (I think it was in that arc at least).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 20:41   Link #2425
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
[動乱の序章] Preface of Upheaval

terror is such a strong, and in this case, wrong word.
Thanks for translation
Old 2016-03-12, 20:46   Link #2426
Medivh

There is a q&a about this.
Spoiler:
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 20:56   Link #2427
mashingan
魔神眼

^Thanks, this is the very info about "seal" that I wanted.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 21:23   Link #2428
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 12:
Thanks you for sharing. I have a question on few parts:
First, this is interesting; Tatsuya's eye seems better than advanced magic technology of USNA. lol. So, once Tatsuya put psion marker on Gu Jie, does it work similar to Nakura's blood in Zhou during Kyoto Arc? Did Gu Jie realizes that he was marked later in the volume?

Second, did Tatsuya sensed, somebody is behind Yakumo? Or, did Yakumo tell Tatsuya any information or warning regarding Toudou Aoba in the volume?

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2016-03-12 at 21:43.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 21:28   Link #2429
-Mahesvara_

About the seal discussion, in the Q&A booklet of the third Blu-ray set, Satou stated the seal restricts the strength and range of his magic and he never said anything about the seal only restricting MB.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 21:45   Link #2430
Zeborg

Hmm, catching up to the thread, but there doesn't seem to be that much this time around. It's lucky we have mashingan here to give out some nice info..

Quote:
Actually after reading some pages in chapter 13, his name actually John, John Dow. It explained he just a ridiculous person that shorten his name to Jo.
John Doe, right? Link
Somewhat unimaginative of a name.

Quote:
For Tatsuya-Miyuki shipper, you should read chapter 12 to know to what extent Tatsuya's feeling to Miyuki
Spoiler for chapter 12:

I'm sorry couldn't elaborate more. The more detailed than that it seemed it would be violating rules (that's what I thought).
I'm just wondering... What was the reason Tatsuya asked Miyuki to come in with such light clothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
All I see in that text is what Miya explained in vol 16: his mind was altered to break down the moment Miyuki dies. It's probably triggered via him losing Miyuki's life sign via ES.
Well no, it's not like that. He's just that dependent on Miyuki. It's not like there's some kill trigger in his brain that automatically activates like he's a robot. The way he thinks about Miyuki in itself isn't really anything new.
But the way this reads to me, Tatsuya acts a bit OOC in terms of what we've come to expect. Him being embarrassed and wanting to hold Miyuki like that.. He usually doesn't show that kind of a side to even Miyuki.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 21:50   Link #2431
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeborg View Post
I'm just wondering... What was the reason Tatsuya asked Miyuki to come in with such light clothing?

Well no, it's not like that. He's just that dependent on Miyuki. It's not like there's some kill trigger in his brain that automatically activates like he's a robot. The way he thinks about Miyuki in itself isn't really anything new.
But the way this reads to me, Tatsuya acts a bit OOC in terms of what we've come to expect. Him being embarrassed and wanting to hold Miyuki like that.. He usually doesn't show that kind of a side to even Miyuki.
I thought about it and I think it was to calm himself. He said he starts going ballistic if he takes his eyes off Miyuki. It must be to an irrational degree to the point he needed skin-to-skin physical contact to reassure himself she was safe. He basically used her as fluff.

Last edited by bakato; 2016-03-12 at 22:17.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 22:06   Link #2432
azarhal

Quote:
Well no, it's not like that. He's just that dependent on Miyuki. It's not like there's some kill trigger in his brain that automatically activates like he's a robot.
Miya told him in vol 16 that his mind was designed to make him break apart and burn the world as soon as he lose Miyuki.

That sound very much like a kill trigger in the brain that will automatically activates to me.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 22:24   Link #2433
dragon213

Man, so Toshikazu was turned into a puppet and Tatsuya had no choice but to kill him? Even if he sometimes seems emotional since he can't feel strong emotions because of what they did to him as a kid, it still can't have been easy for him to kill Toshikazu since he was Erika's brother, and it did seem like he was actually angry about it, something he usually only see when something happens to Miyuki. So I'm pretty sure that Erika will learn that he didn't have a choice but to kill him, are the chances that she will lose her feelings for him because of this?

I know the chances of her being with him is acually close around zero precent, but even so, I since I really like her and because she's quite cute, I would think it's a little sad if that happen (the author might use this to push her and Leo together), but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, after all, even if he didn't want to or not, he did kill her brother.

while I know this story is pretty centered around the relationship of the siblings, I do wish that he doesn't end up with Miyuki, I know that she love him and all that, but come on, that's her brother, but I'm pretty convinced that he will end up with her no matter what I think.

Last edited by dragon213; 2016-03-12 at 23:32.
dragon213 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 22:29   Link #2434
Zeborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Miya told him in vol 16 that his mind was designed to make him break apart and burn the world as soon as he lose Miyuki.

That sound very much like a kill trigger in the brain that will automatically activates to me.
You're reading too much into it. I mean there are a couple of factors of course, first as you know Tatsuya can't feel strong emotions for anyone but Miyuki, which sort of makes Miyuki his drug.
Then there's the fact that Tatsuya was implemented with the wish of Maya, that was world destruction. And hence Maya calls him her child in spirit.
Then, you also have to consider that Tatsuya was raised in an environment where he had to go through extreme hardship and he was more or less surrounded by enemies. Which has likely affected his outlook on the worth of humans other than Miyuki and life itself. He's probably unable to find any true joy in life if it isn't through Miyuki, and the reason he would destroy the world is because the world robbed him of that joy and he just doesn't care enough about anything else. Sort of like Maya wants to destroy the world for robbing her of her happiness. It would be the same thing.

And you can clearly see in volume 8 for example that, Maya didn't seem to be lying. Just look at how Tatsuya acts whenever there's possible danger to Miyuki. He goes nuts. You can pretty easily segue that into Tatsuya destroying the world if Miyuki died.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 22:36   Link #2435
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
So Tatsuya killed Erika's brother? Why exactly did he do that?
What about reading the thread?
Nozomu Itoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 22:56   Link #2436
MRD143

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
About the seal discussion, in the Q&A booklet of the third Blu-ray set, Satou stated the seal restricts the strength and range of his magic and he never said anything about the seal only restricting MB.
Miyuki partially blocks Tatsuya's Magic Calculation Area functions. The seal being used now is different from the one Miya first used on Tatsuya.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 23:21   Link #2437
Fairy Water

Quote:
It actually Tatsuya requested something, but it seemed funny on how he teased (bully?) Mayumi
Spoiler:
Same shit as always

Mayumi would try to tease Tat or tsundere with him but always fail miserably
But I actually surprised she used the 'girlfriend' term to joke about Erika even though she knew Tat is soon to be Miyuki's husband.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 00:28   Link #2438
amtro
Distro

Miya didn't use a seal on Tatsuya, she was the final resort in case he went bonkers. With her magic she would knock him out and deprive him of his magic abilities. Gate was a magic that governed the subconscious. With it she could shut him down if he ever became a threat. Miyuki's cocytus is derived from that, but the difference is that Miyuki can only use it to kill. In that respect, Gate is superior.
Old 2016-03-13, 02:02   Link #2439
Aika Natsume

Was it known that the 4th lab was focused on mental interference magic? Coz i thought that mental interference are prohibited or something like that. If its known wouldnt it a given that Yotsuba has this kind of unique power?

Tatsuya doing that to Miyuki was his assurance that Miyuki is safe as he release his eyes from her and focus it on Gu Jie. But why on swim wear though??

Gate is superior when it comes to subduing Tatsuya's magic coz it is governed in the subconscious and wouldnt kill the person. Miyuki freeze the mind like total shut down, the person that is affected by cocytus cant even blink.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 02:16   Link #2440
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Thanks you for sharing. I have a question on few parts:
First, this is interesting; Tatsuya's eye seems better than advanced magic technology of USNA. lol. So, once Tatsuya put psion marker on Gu Jie, does it work similar to Nakura's blood in Zhou during Kyoto Arc? Did Gu Jie realizes that he was marked later in the volume?

Second, did Tatsuya sensed, somebody is behind Yakumo? Or, did Yakumo tell Tatsuya any information or warning regarding Toudou Aoba in the volume?
1. Yes, it was explained that the idea same as Nakura's blood. But because Tatsuya couldn't just simply send his blood so he sent some distinctive lump of psion and put it in Gu Jie's Eidos. Gu Jie didn't notice that. In chapter 13, Gu Jie was adept at controlling life-force which make Tatsuya really angry to him.
So I think it was safe to say Eidos didn't related to life-force. (Eidos was written like this right? 体情報, literally it means object information)

2. Yakumo didn't touch that subject, although Yakumo said with disgust even he didn't want to be involved any worldly matter, he just couldn't do that easily.

For chapter 13, I'll post the summary later.

Quote:
John Doe, right? Link
Somewhat unimaginative of a name.

I thought of it first, but is Satroll really that simple?
But it explained that person in question, John Doe, was a ridiculous man that shorten his name from John to Joe, and his facial feature was plain with no distinctive whatever so I think you're correct with naming of John Doe.

I think it's to perceive Miyuki beside from seeing her. So with him embracing Miyuki, it was the same as Miyuki became one with him, don't you think it's so lovely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I thought about it and I think it was to calm himself. He said he starts going ballistic if he takes his eyes off Miyuki. It must be to an irrational degree to the point he needed skin-to-skin physical contact to reassure himself she was safe. He basically used her as fluff.
Yes, in that chapter too, he basically realize what emotion actually is. Logically he knew that it's not like in Yokohama incident, and Miyuki was near him. But emotionally he couldn't let his eyes off from Miyuki.

Miyuki already knew from her mother, Miya, that only emotion Tatsuya had was feeling toward her, but she never knew to that extent. And it was coming from Tatsuya directly
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue