Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-06-01, 22:49   Link #1
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
How would I make the AVI fit the TV?

I have a DVD player that will play data disks. It iss an LG brand.

When I play some files they are cut off on the screen (as in the picture is too big for the TV). On the remote I can't make it small enough so I can see the subtitles at the bottom. I can't see any other method except changing the ratio before burning. So I was wondering before buring is there a way or perhaps a program that can change the resoultion to fit a television?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 04:06   Link #2
LytHka
Banned

I know I'll get scolded for saying this to you, but I have to say it: Don't make your life any more complex. Stick to playing anime on your PC. Your DVD player's CPU won't be fast enough to play all kinds of video anyway; for resizing and adding black borders to the video, you'll need to use a program, either Avisynth or TMPGEnc. GHDPro, the administrator of this site and forum, made this wonderful guide right here. It is primarily used for converting video into MPEG-2 format for it to be burned as a real DVD. However, in theory, you could just simply copy that converted MPEG-2 file to your "data disc" and play it like that. However, MPEG-2 is fairly low compressed video standard, so you probably won't be able to fit many reencoded episodes on one DVD.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 12:16   Link #3
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

I agree, leave it on your PC and buy the real DVDs.
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 00:40   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere
I agree, leave it on your PC and buy the real DVDs.
Not all anime fansubs will eventually become licensed and available on DVD. This also includes Japanese R2 DVD's which provide no English subtitles.

Converting fansubs to DVD is too time consuming for me since I watch tons of anime shows. If you have a PC and TV close by just hook up your video out and sound card to your TV. I have a Xbox 360 and can stream music and video via windows media center to my Xbox 360 which is hooked up to my TV. Very convenient since my HDTV is located in another room from my PC.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 00:56   Link #5
tritoch

Doesn't NERO have that feature that automatically encode video files fit for tv use?
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 00:01   Link #6
leona_senshi

Send a message via MSN to leona_senshi Send a message via Yahoo to leona_senshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku

When I play some files they are cut off on the screen (as in the picture is too big for the TV). On the remote I can't make it small enough so I can see the subtitles at the bottom. I can't see any other method except changing the ratio before burning. So I was wondering before buring is there a way or perhaps a program that can change the resoultion to fit a television?

there is a way, I had the same problem, I just made the video resolution smaller, if you had the typical 640 x 480 you need to lower it to the size before that one, in other words, if your vid. res. is smaller it will fit your tv better not the whole 100% put at least 98%, I use a program called Digital media converter, it converts preatty much anything to everything, with this you can convert AVI's into smaller AVIs on the convertion settings, that's all + your file will be smaller, so more space for more eps.

if you can't find the program you can send me a PM and I can arrange sending it to you.
Old 2006-06-07, 07:16   Link #7
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Doesn't NERO have that feature that automatically encode video files fit for tv use?
Problem with that would be that you need a black border for the overscan. See GHP's guide.
And Nero's program produces less than perfect results.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 20:45   Link #8
popoycanton

Quote:

Your talking about overscan. I also have a DVD player capable of divx playback. With TV Series like lost, CSI, etc overscan is tolerable, but with anime you can't see the subtitles. What I do is just reencode to mpeg2, I use GHDPro's guide with CCE.
popoycanton is offline   Reply With Quote