Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Spoiler for s2 ep18:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 21:42   Link #422
GDB

It wasn't that he wasn't fast enough to make a speed mirage, but not fast enough to make a speed mirage that was on a separate Earth.

Also, can't believe Barry actually did that and it wasn't a trick somehow. How utterly stupid can you be?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 00:04   Link #423
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It wasn't that he wasn't fast enough to make a speed mirage, but not fast enough to make a speed mirage that was on a separate Earth
Spoiler for s2 ep18:
GANBARIMASU
Old 2016-04-20, 00:14   Link #424
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Spoiler for s2 ep18:
Spoiler:

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 01:57   Link #425
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for s2 ep18:
Old 2016-04-20, 09:10   Link #426
GDB

Quote:
Spoiler for s2 ep18:
Remember, they were fighting Zoom on Earth 2 when "Jay" was on Earth 1 fighting Geomancer.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 10:45   Link #427
Galaxian

The saying goes "All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." but what about when the good men do stupid stuff?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 11:27   Link #428
Wandering Soul

Can't believe Barry actually went through with it. I get that he's a hero, but there are times when reason and common sense should come way before honor. That was just completely stupid.
Old 2016-04-20, 15:10   Link #429
Hakai

That was really f****ng dumb Barry.

So much for getting faster than Zoom, so much for stopping him.

The writers aren't even trying anymore.

Last edited by Hakai; 2016-04-20 at 15:24.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 15:46   Link #430
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
That was really f****ng dumb Barry.

So much for getting faster than Zoom, so much for stopping him.

The writers aren't even trying anymore.
Personally, I think it has less to do with Barry being an idiot/the writers not even trying and more to do with the writers believing that they have to follow every major story episode with one in which the characters get all angsty as a result of what happened in the previous episode, with another "meta" showing up in order to get things back to a reasonable status quo by the end of the episode (in this case,
Spoiler for prediction for next week's episode:
With that in mind, I wonder if things would have been different if one of the more interesting villains on the show wasn't busy traveling through time on a different show.
Old 2016-04-20, 22:39   Link #431
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wanted to hit my head into a wall with how stupid Barry was being in this one. I mean....why? Why the heck did they make him this stupid? He is faster than Zoom. For once in this show's existence he is actually the fastest man alive. And what does he do? Gives up.

No reason to. He's faster than Zoom. Which means if he just keeps his eyes on him, then Zoom can't escape. Except they act like it's Season 1 Reverse Flash. Barry can't keep up with him so he can escape. But....he's not. There is no reason Barry can't keep up and catch Zoom. Get Wally back....and then beat the crap out of Zoom!

Giving up the only leverage you have in order to prevent him from killing everyone is just dumb. This episode was so frustrating. It's like trying to have an old fashioned duel with a psychopath. You turn for your 3 paces and he shoots you in the back. Honorable to the point of being stupid isn't good.
Old 2016-04-20, 23:13   Link #432
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Personally, I think it has less to do with Barry being an idiot/the writers not even trying and more to do with the writers believing that they have to follow every major story episode with one in which the characters get all angsty as a result of what happened in the previous episode, with another "meta" showing up in order to get things back to a reasonable status quo by the end of the episode (in this case,
Spoiler for prediction for next week's episode:
With that in mind, I wonder if things would have been different if one of the more interesting villains on the show wasn't busy traveling through time on a different show.
They should have made the Zoom reveal at 20-21th episode, at least to the cast.
Now it feels like they are just dragging the story with stupid PIS and CIS to complete the season.

On Barry speed, I think what Jay got was only a few days worth of Barry's speed and he'll eventually regain his speed.

In the comics Barry Allen's connection with the speed force is STRONG.
Old 2016-04-21, 02:34   Link #433
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for s2 ep18:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I wanted to hit my head into a wall with how stupid Barry was being in this one. I mean....why? Why the heck did they make him this stupid? He is faster than Zoom. For once in this show's existence he is actually the fastest man alive. And what does he do? Gives up
Keep in mind that Zoom escaped despite the shackle and practically left Barry in the dust; either he can still go faster or he can alter his own time (in which case, Barry's speed becomes irrelevant). If it's neither of those, then yeah, idiot ball is idiotic (and inconsistent speed is inconsistent)...
GANBARIMASU
Old 2016-04-21, 02:55   Link #434
Hakai

Zoom definitely got faster/stronger after he went into 'demon mode'(that's what I'm calling it for now) and his eyes turned black.
Old 2016-04-21, 10:15   Link #435
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Spoiler for s2 ep18:

Keep in mind that Zoom escaped despite the shackle and practically left Barry in the dust; either he can still go faster or he can alter his own time (in which case, Barry's speed becomes irrelevant). If it's neither of those, then yeah, idiot ball is idiotic (and inconsistent speed is inconsistent)...
Possible. But seemed to be just a case of Barry standing there shocked like an idiot until Zoom was already out of sight. It's not like he outran him in a straight line, Barry just couldn't find him after the first dash.

Though I suppose giving in makes sense if Barry can't stay focused long enough to get the job done .

In the end this situation is on Barry being an idiot. It took time for Zoom to escape, maybe if he wasn't walking around like a cocky fool and instead punching Zoom into unconsciousness things would have been fine.
Old 2016-04-21, 13:00   Link #436
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Spoiler for s2 ep18:

I doubt the writers would go for the original power set of Zoom, especially when in the flashback of his creation he was vibrating his hand, wich is the one thing Zoom could never copy from the Flashes, precusely because of the nature of his powers.
Old 2016-04-21, 15:50   Link #437
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
On Barry speed, I think what Jay got was only a few days worth of Barry's speed and he'll eventually regain his speed.
That's what I'm thinking as well (i.e. Barry is capable to recover his speed ability a certain amount of time), hence my issue about the Flash being too formulaic in terms of episodes this season that are meant to serve as the "aftermath" of the "major" ones (i.e. character angst, another Meta showing up that would lead to status quo being fixed to a certain extent).
Old 2016-04-21, 22:03   Link #438
Wandering Soul

It took a while, but at least Barry can now say he is the fastest man alive and have it be true.http://imgur.com/a/SYPql
Old 2016-04-27, 14:24   Link #439
Hakai

Uhm.. so, as dumb as the previous episode was, I'm kinda liking where things are going.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-04-30, 22:13   Link #440
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for S2EP19:

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel