AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-04-09, 07:31   Link #501
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Now that Chika and Osamu are not completely useless, Tamakoma-2 is kinda OP.
Old 2016-04-09, 09:59   Link #502
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Now that Chika and Osamu are not completely useless, Tamakoma-2 is kinda OP.
nah, they fight against normals/fodders
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 11:02   Link #503
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This is a really good strategy. The other teams made some errors here. Understandable to want to avoid the trap zone, but there is a flaw to that. The time they spent chatting let Osamu spread the net even wider and now they have to take the fight to them. Chika may not be able to shoot people, but she can obliterate the landscape. The other teams can't really afford to just fight each other and ignore that cannon. And even if they try, after Chika obliterates all cover then it's open season for lead bullet. Just leave everyone unable to move and her teammates can score the finishing blows.

Again the Katori squad is a mess. The only reason they are still in this is their Operator. But even then it was only enough to avoid getting wiped out. They are still at each others' throats.

More props to Kakizaki's team. They are playing intelligently out there. And yeah there is the obvious advantage. The other teams know how desperate Osamu's group is for points. They can't afford to sit back and pick up a handful, they need to get as many as possible. Thus you can manipulate them into jumping into a fight to avoid another team from getting a team kill.
Old 2016-04-09, 23:44   Link #504
tsukimori

I quite enjoy the latest chapter, wish it came out faster. I can't wait to see how Hyuse will contribute to the team. Indeed they will be overpowered with two neighbours on the team and a sniper with a massive trion.
Usually I'm not a big fan of shounen mangas but I'm not sure why I like world trigger enough to buy the english version of the manga. I just hope they don't put in too many filler chapters like naruto and the other bigger mainstream shounen series. I'm saddened that the anime series ended for now, maybe there is still hope for continuation when they have more manga contents for them to continue the anime.
Old 2016-04-10, 01:49   Link #505
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One of the reasons I like this series over other Shounen manga is because this is probably one of the only series where I've seen team battles done right. Most other series shy away from the tactics involved in having people collaborate, cooperate and think together towards a common battle theme, instead opting for a quick brawls during the only times where you have more than two people fighting followed by people disengaging into small 1v1's because the authors can bother at the end.

Not in World Trigger, the series battles are through and through about asymmetric groups of people in generally level power fields outsmarting each other, where smarts and a clear battle vision does come into play instead of guts and brawn. And not only team battles, but team ffa's were you have multiple ongoing battle fronts. The series lacks a little in the character development side where many times the series cast has more breadth than depth, but it more than makes up whenever we get a series of chapters focused on the battles.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 05:21   Link #506
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
One of the reasons I like this series over other Shounen manga is because this is probably one of the only series where I've seen team battles done right. Most other series shy away from the tactics involved in having people collaborate, cooperate and think together towards a common battle theme, instead opting for a quick brawls during the only times where you have more than two people fighting followed by people disengaging into small 1v1's because the authors can bother at the end.

Not in World Trigger, the series battles are through and through about asymmetric groups of people in generally level power fields outsmarting each other, where smarts and a clear battle vision does come into play instead of guts and brawn. And not only team battles, but team ffa's were you have multiple ongoing battle fronts. The series lacks a little in the character development side where many times the series cast has more breadth than depth, but it more than makes up whenever we get a series of chapters focused on the battles.
yes, WT is really having a unique approach in the generic shounen battles, even though WTs way is not new or mindblowing but it is incredibly well done and makes sense overall,

the powerlvls are sometimes OP but than again not that much, even with a seemingly invincible trigger, the strategy never loses its importance, the moment WT chars simply jump into a fight and dont get rekt in the first 5 minutes will be the time where WT becomes like the usual shounen mangas

and with the immense world building we have a LOT of possible adventures, i like to imagine WT to be like toriko, where they have the human world and their goal to go into the gourmet world, but first they need to become stronger,
osamu and co have the same, they want to go to the neighbor worlds but first need enough strength for this mission

after arriving there they have 2 goals, the search for kugas "cure" and for chikas brother (which seems to have some deeper/more mysterious connection to something else),

and more than anything, i want to know how the neighbor-side got created, the trigger for the trion worlds cant have existed simply out of a coincidence , it must have been created by someone...
Old 2016-04-11, 14:17   Link #507
James Rye

Feels like Katori Unit gonna split up if this bad blood between Katori and Wakamura continues. No matter how good you're working together in a battle, if you are like that before, during and after a fight your team won't hold for long. I wonder why Katori holds the captain title though. Hana-san seems to be their brain for their operations as she is making the calls for strategy and tactics and Wakamura got way more heart and determination to win battles and keep their top tier rank than Katori does. She doesn't really feel like a captain at all, at least not compared to many of the other captains we have seen so far.
Old 2016-04-11, 15:48   Link #508
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe she wasn't always like that.

And maybe (probably) she wouldn't accept a Captain that's weaker than her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 00:51   Link #509
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Feels like Katori Unit gonna split up if this bad blood between Katori and Wakamura continues. No matter how good you're working together in a battle, if you are like that before, during and after a fight your team won't hold for long. I wonder why Katori holds the captain title though. Hana-san seems to be their brain for their operations as she is making the calls for strategy and tactics and Wakamura got way more heart and determination to win battles and keep their top tier rank than Katori does. She doesn't really feel like a captain at all, at least not compared to many of the other captains we have seen so far.
Wakamura also seems to be the next decision maker behind Hana this chapter. Keeping Katori from charging in while they were under fire, giving the order to return fire once Kakizaki's squad was attacked by Tamakoma-2, chewing out Katori for acting on her own, Katori recommends a strategy and Wakamura is the one saying "good plan" and giving further orders. In general, Wakamura looks a hell of a lot more like the captain of the squad this chapter than Katori does.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 22:18   Link #510
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Chapter 140:
Old 2016-04-16, 02:37   Link #511
Tenzen12

At first I thought Osamu made mistake when he made both team cooperate against his team, but than I remembered, that with how much points they need, they can't afford let their opponents kill each other

I am quite curious how Osamu will fare, it would be nice if managed get some point on his own (not that he didn't do enough already).
Old 2016-04-16, 02:54   Link #512
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I love Chika's little smile as she wrecks the landscape. Even though I know it's just her resting face.

I hope she'll be able to support her team mates.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 03:39   Link #513
LevelSeven

good chapter,

lets see if osamu changed from wimpy wimp to a average fighter the wires are really tricky, lets see how osamu will play his cards against a team of three rather average (but still a bit better induvidually) fighters,
i really hope he now has enough experience as shooter, trapper and planner in order to get at least two points before the ace of the enemys defeat him (it is to early to win for him)...

Kuga is wants to wipe out everyone <_<

and chika destroys the entire battlefield, i like it the moment a person shows up who has chikas trion level and shoots people Border will be in deep sh*t (if he is a neighbor) or in infinite bliss (if he is a ally),
but i like how the author made chika support with a slow and steady growth into a superpowered tank
Old 2016-04-16, 03:39   Link #514
Pen3

I love how they do the battle/fight scenes compared to other series, it is always something new and every page is just very exciting. Even when they are talking during battle, they are still moving or doing something, not just sit there and stare, i guess having the commentators breaks this up nicely. They don't waste time talking and grunting at each other for 3 pages like your typical shounen manga.

Next to Kamisama Hajimemashita (i think only 3 chapters left), this is my favorite manga to follow right now. Too bad it is very underrated even in the shounen genre. One-Punch would be my current favorite if it didn't update once a month or two.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 03:51   Link #515
LevelSeven

^i think the reason is because not a lot of people want to see a strategy heavy story,
it is, however, something unique enough for a lot of people to stick around...

im sure if WT reaches 200 to 250 capters and begins the journey to the neighbor side, it will become alot more popular, i, at least, would start reading the manga if i hadnt already caught up
Old 2016-04-16, 05:45   Link #516
tsunade666

interesting chapter. Its full of surprise and nice strategy. They force the enemy into their battle field and its time to see how much Osamu has matured. He is fighting against an ace that can battle against Kuga. She is good but still bratty.
Old 2016-04-21, 13:08   Link #517
KBTKaiser

so, new chap spoilers so far.

Spoiler:
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 11:53   Link #518
tsunade666

Chapter 141.

What did osamu did? I know that the red wire is diversion but katori didn't notice one of the wires. Is the Rex sire used as misdirection? Making it look flashy so the less obvious wires be ignored? The lead bullet is recally effective but I just wish that she could snipe in normal way. The lead bullet is just being a crutch for her own problems.
Old 2016-04-23, 12:44   Link #519
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The lead bullet is recally effective but I just wish that she could snipe in normal way. The lead bullet is just being a crutch for her own problems.
i think the author will allow her to slowly become able to snipe people,
it is rather unrealistic to get a superstraight mindset out of nowhere simply because...

i like the authors approach, chika will mature and become able to shoot people mostlikely at the time where they go to the other worlds or at some point in the neighbor zone
Old 2016-04-23, 19:35   Link #520
tsunade666

she will probably be able to snipe the neighbor when she saw someone despairing in the other world. Anger leads to resolution and not bullsh*t protag will. revenge is not empty but an outlet. A pure untainted white rose was dipped into blood red water.

I liked the approached of the author in being semi-realistic in development but the current situation is not an answer but a crutch that will get to her when they go to the other world but the problem here is, as long as they bail out. they will live. Unless or most likely, someone will discover a way to screw bail out technology, so someone will eventually die.

Tags
action, shounen stargate