View Poll Results: Which is stronger?
Mobile suits 13 59.09%
Aestivalises 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-07, 10:13   Link #21
yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Do most of the people in this thread believe that Turn A is the best Gundam series they've seen? Was there a poll, by any chance, proving this?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31371 is the closest thing we have for that, iirc. Yup, Turn A is highly recommended. It's very plot driven, has good character interaction and development, and doesn't rely on eyecandy to get you through the series (hence the fugly<not!> titular mecha). Since you haven't seen much Gundam, I'm pretty sure the Turn A's moustache won't turn you down. It's one of Tomino's best works.

Mr. Paper and Aidan pretty much nailed it in the head. Aestivalis' only weakness against the Gundams comes from limited power supply and that's just from the first generation. And, yup, Black Serena can and will rip Gundams apart. Even Hi-Nu and I'm an Amuro fan.

Last edited by yamikage; 2006-06-07 at 10:48.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 10:41   Link #22
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamikage
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31371 is the closest thing we have for that, iirc. Yup, Turn A is highly recommended. It's very plot driven, has good character interaction and development, and doesn't rely on eyecandy to get you through the series (hency the fugly<not!> titular mecha). Since you haven't seen much Gundam, I'm pretty sure the Turn A's moustache won't turn you down. It's one of Tomino's best works.

Mr. Paper and Aidan pretty much nailed it in the head. Aestivalis' only weakness against the Gundams comes from limited power supply and that's just from the first generation. And, yup, Black Serena can and will rip Gundams apart. Even Hi-Nu and I'm an Amuro fan.
The Nadesico universe has the advantage that their weapons and forcefields were not developed by humans, but reversed-engineered from ancient alien tech, Macross style. That's the main reason why Gundams don't stand a chance.
Old 2006-06-07, 10:45   Link #23
yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
The Nadesico universe has the advantage that their weapons and forcefields were not developed by humans, but reversed-engineered from ancient alien tech, Macross style. That's the main reason why Gundams don't stand a chance.
You know what, Macross versus Gundam seems a lot more feasible than this one, even if they were alien tech. Almost makes me wanna start a thread...
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 11:07   Link #24
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamikage
You know what, Macross versus Gundam seems a lot more feasible than this one, even if they were alien tech. Almost makes me wanna start a thread...
Well, the Macross universe humans never got themselves the force-field technology... at least, not properly. Most of the more overpowering technology were not adequately researched, and most importantly are usually too up-sized to be applied on small vessels and humanoid mecha.

You are right, that the Macross universe matches up to the Gundamverse pretty well. The main difference between them is the design philosophy; Gundams are designed to survive multiple enemy fire, while Valkyries are designed to not get hit at all via speed and agility.

It's the classic tank vs plane battle. Keep in mind that the UN Spacy isn't at all shy of supplying the Valkyire with multiple thermonuclear payloads, and you will realise this isn't as clearcut as it seems.

If the Gundams can survive long enough for the Valkyries to run out of missiles, they would have nothing to fear. The stronger beamshields might help. The hard part is to shoot down the planes before they ran away to reload... No Gundam, even transformed, can truly match a Valkyrie in flying speed, in atmosphere or space.

The Macross people can't ever engage Gundams at close range; that's suicide, as they don't even have decent shields or close-range weapons. There is also serious doubt that machinegun fire could even scratch a Gundam.
Old 2006-06-07, 11:24   Link #25
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Hmm I have read a little about Moonlight Butterfly it looks to be extremely fearful by description alone, but then technology from Nadesico is also very fearful.... *me fears both*
But what I know for sure is that Yurika is so incredibly, annoyingly cute(in a very annoying way) So I'm tipping towards the Nadesico universe

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-06-07 at 11:42.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 11:58   Link #26
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Black Selena

It's over.

I'm sorry, but I don't see any MS beating that powerhouse.

Black Selena grabs the MS, Boston Jumps somewhere else in the Solar System, Boston Jumps back. Pilot dies of starvation.

And no ship in Gundam will stand a chance against the Nadesico, let alone Akito/Lapis's battleship, the Eucharis.
Old 2006-06-07, 11:59   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Turn A can use its MB without Turn X. At first it was meant to destroy the world with it, even when Turn X was not created. Loran just didn't know that Turn A had such destructive powers and Turn A activated the first MB in 3000 years itself.

Also Turn A is more than 10 RX-78's combined or more even without the MB. It is extremely agile because of it's I-field beam drive system and also magnetic joints. It also has immense fire power and defense with an extremely strong I-field and nanoskin armour. Its on the furthest edge of real robot technology and almost crossing the line to become a super robot. In fact it is stronger than some super robots even without using MB.

So Turn A/X is out of the discussion for me lol even against the Black Sarena, the Prince of Darkness can't do jack except boson jump away.

Otherwise, I'd say Aestivalis themselves are almost at such high technolgy levels, they are also on the verge of crossing into super robot territory. Hey also we have 2 guys who scream super robot warcries before executing super robot style moves lol.

Any Aestivalis can take down *any* mobile suit in a duel, except Turn A lol. But also don't forget we probably need to Have Nadesico in the vicinity, Aestivalis only has their unlimted energy supply when Nadesico is close.

Oh for those guys who have no idea what capabilities Aestivalis have:

10m tall mech
A pair of knifes, a machine gun, a lance.
Gravitional Distortion Field
A set of changeable frames that can provide Aestivalis maneuverability in every single type of terrain.
5 minute power only, but unlimited power source in a large radius around Nadesico class ships.

Doesn't sound impressive with the specs yea?

But the Distortion Field Aestivalis have makes them near invincible in the anime against like 90% of all weapons. Except for gravitation attacks and extremely high powered energy attacks. Also the most powerful attacks of Aestivalises is a charging attack called Distortion Attack, which crushes anything infront with the Distortion Field. Adding a pointed edge infront of the Distortion field with a knife or a lance, you can increase the piercing power of the attack.

Also in the Nadesico universe, humans who once lived on Mars adapted in a way(watch the show yourself to know) that allows them to be able to 'Boson Jump'.

Boson Jumping is simply said teleporting, along with the mech itself, but watch the show to find out more about this ability.

A Boson Jumping pilot with considerable skill would take out any Gundam, probably not even needing unlimited energy supply from Nadesico.

That is all, I'm voting Aestivalis.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 12:01   Link #28
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Distortion Field should be able to repel Moonlight Butterfly, since even an I-Field could do it.

Edit: Black Selena can Boston Jump anywhere in the solar system, because by Prince of Darkness's time, NERGAL had seeded the entire solar system with Boston Jump Gates (at least to Jupiter's orbit I think).
Old 2006-06-07, 12:08   Link #29
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Distortion Field should be able to repel Moonlight Butterfly, since even an I-Field could do it.

Edit: Black Selena can Boston Jump anywhere in the solar system, because by Prince of Darkness's time, NERGAL had seeded the entire solar system with Boston Jump Gates (at least to Jupiter's orbit I think).
Hmmm I don't rememeber I-field blocking Moonlight Butterfly. But maybe Distortion Fields can do something, but not for long. MB probably slowly can take out the field if the Aestivalis is covered in the Nanomachine shower.

But yea after reading a few previous posts, maybe just grab Turn A, teleport Loran to the end of the solar system and he starves to death lol

Aestivalis wins!

Old 2006-06-07, 12:13   Link #30
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Hmmm I don't rememeber I-field blocking Moonlight Butterfly. But maybe Distortion Fields can do something, but not for long. MB probably slowly can take out the field if the Aestivalis is covered in the Nanomachine shower.

But yea after reading a few previous posts, maybe just grab Turn A, teleport Loran to the end of the solar system and he starves to death lol

Aestivalis wins!
At the end of Turn-A

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-07, 12:23   Link #31
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm ic, but I thought it was mainly because of Soreil's special field. I will rewatch it myself soon.

This only adds to the pwnage of Aestivalises lol

Aestivalises are great in SRW too, they're basically there for combination attack spamming, they're my favourite real robot units.

Old 2006-06-07, 12:25   Link #32
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

DOUBLE GEKKIGAN FLARE!!!!!!!
BUTTERFLY FORMATION...Just kidding!
Old 2006-06-07, 12:32   Link #33
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Hm. I wonder why Turn A wasn't so powerful in Gundam Battle Assault II. If that's the case, it could pwn anything - so what you mean is that in general, Aestivalises > Mobile Suits, but Turn A = or > than Aestivalises. I have to watch this Turn A.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 12:36   Link #34
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Hm. I wonder why Turn A wasn't so powerful in Gundam Battle Assault II. If that's the case, it could pwn anything - so what you mean is that in general, Aestivalises > Mobile Suits, but Turn A = or > than Aestivalises. I have to watch this Turn A.
Turn A is set very much in the future, further than any Gundam series before or since. As such the Turn A gundam is armed with technology that could no longer be considered recognisably human-made, but is instead "black technology".

In that sense, it is similar to Nadesico tech, armed with advanced weapons and shields adopted from ancient alien ruins.
Old 2006-06-07, 12:46   Link #35
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
Black Selena grabs the MS, Boston Jumps somewhere else in the Solar System, Boston Jumps back. Pilot dies of starvation.
Actually it gets better, if someone boson jumps and they're not in a ship with a high output distortion field or with a A-class jumper they are instantly killed.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 12:51   Link #36
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
Actually it gets better, if someone boson jumps and they're not in a ship with a high output distortion field or with a A-class jumper they are instantly killed.
Akito in Black Selena would be the one Boston Jumping though, shouldn't that qualify as a Class-A Jumper for whoever he is Boston Jumping?
Old 2006-06-07, 12:55   Link #37
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Akito in Black Selena would be the one Boston Jumping though, shouldn't that qualify as a Class-A Jumper for whoever he is Boston Jumping?
No lol, Aidan made a good point.

Boson Jumpers are Martians or descendants, you can have any other B class and below Jumpers jump the MS pilots away and they will be killed lol

Old 2006-06-07, 12:57   Link #38
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Btw what is your Sig C.A.?
Old 2006-06-07, 12:59   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Btw what is your Sig C.A.?
lol should use a pm for that

Its a Haruhi/Guilty Gear cross.

Spoiler:

And lol, even though we know Aestivalis are clear winners, the poll should say otherwise, since its a Gundam forum here.

Old 2006-06-07, 15:02   Link #40
Huhtis
Keron will rise!

Havent seen Nadesico yet but I still voted for MS

I mean
Itīs so small that you can kick it.
And nothing beats combination of Good pilot + Beam saber
Huhtis is offline   Reply With Quote