1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-25, 12:21   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
As of this moment, there is no love triangle between the three of them. Freya is more concerned by her dream of singing, Hayate by dancing and Mirage by being Mirage.

All the "love development" has centered on Messer so far.
Does the "as of this moment" really matter though? The main love triangle in the show is going to center on these three. Just because they aren't actively battling doesn't mean it isn't going to happen or isn't worth discussing.

Freyja is definitely concerned about her musical career, but Hayate is also very much a concern. A love triangle doesn't exist when there is some statistical value of love focus > dream focus. Romance never has to be the main focus for these three, it just has to be a focus.
Old 2016-04-25, 12:26   Link #122
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Very fun Episode 4.

I was impressed with how much character development, well-balanced character focus, and nicely diverse scenes they were able to pack into this lone episode.

There are a few nitpicks I could make, but nothing that significantly detracts from my enjoyment of this episode. All-in-all, a very pleasing Episode 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars18th View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the Windermere evil leader's name is probably Lloyd instead of "Roid"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's possible, but don't throw words like evil so easily around...
Well, Windermere's actions here do look awfully bad so far. They certainly seem to be the aggressors in this conflict, and intentionally inflicting var during a big concert strikes me as very nasty and dirty, perhaps comparable to some of the nastier forms of biological/chemical warfare that were used during World War II.

I don't know if I'd call the Windermere leadership "evil", but they're going to need some mighty good motivations for me to see them as sympathetic antagonists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
As of this moment, there is no love triangle between the three of them. Freya is more concerned by her dream of singing, Hayate by dancing and Mirage by being Mirage.
Freyja and Hayate clearly like each other a lot. They seem to really enjoy each other's company. Freyja has already given him a cute nickname, and Hayate is all smiles around her. I could definitely see some hotblooded male pride on the part of Hayate went he came rushing to Freyja's defense in one scene. I could just hear him thinking 'don't you dare hurt the girl I have a crush on!' while he talked about his duty to protect Freyja.

That's not to say Mirage doesn't have a chance, as I'd be shocked if she doesn't get much closer to Hayate over the course of the show, but Freyja definitely has the love triangle head start so far. At least Mirage softened some in this episode. It was interesting that she was trying really hard to clip the wings of her var-infected allies, in the hopes she could take down their planes without killing them.
Old 2016-04-25, 13:56   Link #123
Albel VII

Mikumo’s been a little weird since the beginning, but this was the first episode where I found her downright creepy. Her behaviour and especially her eyes make me think she's high on drugs all the time.
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 14:04   Link #124
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
At least Mirage softened some in this episode. It was interesting that she was trying really hard to clip the wings of her var-infected allies, in the hopes she could take down their planes without killing them.
As said she is a gender bent Gamlin's expy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 14:09   Link #125
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, Windermere's actions here do look awfully bad so far. They certainly seem to be the aggressors in this conflict, and intentionally inflicting var during a big concert strikes me as very nasty and dirty, perhaps comparable to some of the nastier forms of biological/chemical warfare that were used during World War II.
Lloyd: "Did you do what I asked?"

Keith: "Yeah, we attacked the concert and then played your message."

Lloyd: "YOU IMBECILE! You're supposed to FIRST play the message and THEN attack the concert! Do you know what it looks like when you do it the other way around!?"

(You get zero points for understanding the reference.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Seems that Freyja knows Roid...

That's all I'm saying.
Putting aside any actual direct character relationships, of course she should know Lloyd (I just can't call him Roid, it looks too silly). To quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"How do you know he's a king?"

"'cos he doesn't have sh*t all over him."

Windermere looks like it's desolate enough that the average person should know what their leaders look like.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 14:29   Link #126
lars18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Lloyd: "Did you do what I asked?"

Keith: "Yeah, we attacked the concert and then played your message."

Lloyd: "YOU IMBECILE! You're supposed to FIRST play the message and THEN attack the concert! Do you know what it looks like when you do it the other way around!?"

(You get zero points for understanding the reference.)

Putting aside any actual direct character relationships, of course she should know Lloyd (I just can't call him Roid, it looks too silly). To quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"How do you know he's a king?"

"'cos he doesn't have sh*t all over him."

Windermere looks like it's desolate enough that the average person should know what their leaders look like.
Hahahahahah!!
It would honestly have been more believable had they played the message first before attacking.
I am 99.99% sure his name is Lloyd since they are all the super white european stereotype bad guys. Unless Kawamori comes to my house to tell me in person his name is Roid in Romaji, I will call him Lloyd.
lars18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 15:04   Link #127
zeross87

For me mikuno keep threatening freyja of being fired in case of failure to try to trigger her rune into working as she need to be desesperate for it to do so. They even say they dont have time to ket her get a better control at it so it seem logical to me they are going to try and force it into her.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 15:31   Link #128
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Re-posting in the correct thread. Browser tabs are real pain when tired.

The most I can see Hayate and Freya right now as is siblings. With Mirage on other hand while there's no real build up there's some very clear sexual tension sparks flying around.

I can certainly see a lot of interesting development for Mirage and Hayate. Not to mention that being around each other should be healthy for them - Mirage can teach Hayate to actually have responsibility for what he is doing(before he gets someone killed) and Hayate might actually teach Mirage to have fun in life and not be so stressed out about everything.

As it stands both of them are timebombs who might get people killed due to the polar opposite problems in terms of their personalities.

Last edited by Harry Dresden; 2016-04-25 at 15:54.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 19:28   Link #129
charles883

Im glad lars18th give more positive review in ep 4. Are you look forward to see Macross first full scale galactic war which between NUNS a galaxy scale united government against newly formed Wind kingdom?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 20:09   Link #130
Magewolf

Honestly this episode has me worrying about the show. The best answer to this war would be to go full offence and drop a couple of planet busters on Windermere. Since that would make a very short series it is not going to happen so we are going to get shenanigans instead.

If they had just kept the attackers identity a secret until it was to late for the NUNS to gather their forces it would have made a lot more sense.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 20:15   Link #131
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
If they had just kept the attackers identity a secret until it was to late for the NUNS to gather their forces it would have made a lot more sense.
Except they were already being suspected. So its questionable how long they can remain hidden. Nevermind that their actions are hardly subtle.

That and apparently the Windies are efficient enough to blitz planets while NUNS was side-tracked. Either they have plenty of confidence or they are suffering a serious delusion of galactic proportions.

Moreover, they have to reveal themselves, how else are they to fight sude by side with NUNS when the time comes to face a greater evil per plot?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 21:23   Link #132
AkitoW013

Do we know if the outer-rims worlds are protected like the core worlds? Maybe the planet they took has only a small garrison on it and it took the Windermeran army to occupy it.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 21:38   Link #133
lars18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Im glad lars18th give more positive review in ep 4. Are you look forward to see Macross first full scale galactic war which between NUNS a galaxy scale united government against newly formed Wind kingdom?
Episode 4 was the best one so far. I also dig the music from the first one. That is an insta-classic for Macross. My issue with Delta is that I feel it feeds me a pile of dog poo before feeding me the filet mignon.
I am with Magewolf's comment about the story giving us shenanigans instead of a logical war scenario. I will be the first one to say this is already the second time a Walkure show starts, var breaks out, bad guys show up and heroes save the day.
I wouldn't be shocked it this scenario repeats itself.
I am also EXTREMELY curious to see if the bad guys (Just like in every mahou shoujo) have the super power of "retreat safely at will".
The next episode should have the decency of continuing exactly where we ended today: With 5 enemies standing at a prone position during a war declaration presentation.

On to your question: I am all for action scenes and explosions. If we get an all out war, I am a happy camper but I honestly doubt this show will develop like that.
lars18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 22:56   Link #134
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Breather episode after a somewhat intense episode 2/3 and the calm before the declaration of war. Enjoyable but not entirely engaging
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 23:18   Link #135
Darthtabby

You call an episode involving an attack by mind controlled allied forces and a declaration of war a breather episode?!
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 23:23   Link #136
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post

I dunno. What I'm getting is that she might know him on a personal basis. But that's me and I may be proven wrong.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 23:29   Link #137
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
You call an episode involving an attack by mind controlled allied forces and a declaration of war a breather episode?!
The episode is pretty relaxing before the fact
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 23:44   Link #138
tsunade666

Wow... He episode starts good but it turn bad? I can't take windsomethijg seriously because. They are against the galaxy. Wind vs nun? Seriously, this episode is weird.
Old 2016-04-25, 23:53   Link #139
xeviouses

Yup, no ways NUNS loses this unless they did something incredibly stupid or the Windmerans have some sort of WMD at the ready.

My bet is on the Bird-Human folding to Windmere after the events of Zero.

Either that or Windmerans worship the protodevlins.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 00:07   Link #140
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Yup, no ways NUNS loses this unless they did something incredibly stupid or the Windmerans have some sort of WMD at the ready.

My bet is on the Bird-Human folding to Windmere after the events of Zero.

Either that or Windmerans worship the protodevlins.

More likely they worship the Kadun which the Protoculture influenced Mayan tribe consider as bad or their equivalent of Satan. The Protoculcha were their gods.

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...lossary07a.php
Quote:
Kadun
The Mayan Island legend of spirit-like beings is recited on the solitary south seas island. It's thought to be something close to the animism ideology, where divinity dwells in every single thing in this world, and there are such Kaduns as "the Iron Kadun" and "the Fire Kadun". Also, some of the Kadun negatively influence humans, and the persons who violate taboos are thought to have been possessed by the "curse of a Kadun". Moreover, it's said that the "Birdman" (Eifos) will awaken and destroy this world when the "Kadun of Conflict", who arrives from the other side of the sea, blows the wind of ruin.

Caption: [Kadun] The Shrine Maiden of the Wind, Sara Nome, who was taken into the Eifos (left picture), saw the appearance of the Unified Forces and Anti Unification Alliance, who were unrolling a battle in the skies of Mayan Island, as the "Kadun of Conflict" (right picture). In her eyes, it seems that the negative feelings, such as anger and fear that the pilots emitted, were projected as beings that called and awakened the wind of ruin.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote