AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-04-27, 09:15   Link #121
RDNexus

Care to explain why did you find the Manga's pacing atrocious?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 09:52   Link #122
R.LocK
My turn

Reading the manga, I just can't help but feel that the author just rushes ahead without fleshing things out enough for me to get attached to anything. I don't feel excited about anything because I know he's about to move on to something completely different, if we're talking about early chapters.

Characters suffer because of that. They're one-dimensional. As a matter of fact, I only felt something, anything strong only once before the timeskip, when Benio's legs were cut off. And it's not because I like Benio, but because I like her legs. Also, it doesn't help that the only character that had any development that isn't related to Magano shenanigans just got pierced through her chest.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 09:54   Link #123
RDNexus

I can only relate that pacing issue as a "Sailor Moon Manga Syndrome" type of issue
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 15:12   Link #124
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I found the pacing of manga atrocious. Anime's pacing is way better.
I can't stand anime pace. Feels like their are making it for people without comprehension ability.
Old 2016-04-30, 14:35   Link #125
R.LocK
My turn

And manga's pacing is for people with attention span of a toddler.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 22:40   Link #126
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

The passive aggressiveness...

Anyway, unless Mayura + Rokuro can also potentially make a Mako then any chance Mayura had is GG. I wish more shounens can follow Sousei's route of having a early established couple.
Old 2016-05-01, 03:17   Link #127
WingsoftheDragonix

@ DevilHighDxD Yeah, as much I do like harem story I would like to see more stories to follow Sousei no Onmyouji example.

Even without counting the whole "Miko" deal is pretty clear that Rokuro doesn't feel like that toward Mayura.

Also, I am the only one to be worry about Benio after the current situation is resolved? Now that her "guardian" was shown there is no telling how people will react.

Then again Arima seems that he was expecting this. If we go with what he thought and his expression in the last chapter.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 04:13   Link #128
casanova0202

About the latest chapter....

So it's not actually Abe no seimei but their child from the future ?
and the one who has the guardian seimei is the miko which is their(Rokuro and Benio) daughter?
Old 2016-05-01, 04:37   Link #129
WingsoftheDragonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by casanova0202 View Post

and the one who has the guardian seimei is the miko which is their(Rokuro and Benio) daughter?
From what I have understood the "My Child" was directed to Rokuro.

Plus he was pretty much confirmed that he is Abe no seimei. To be honest I am curious to what he meant with "I'll be waiting.... in the land of the abyss."
Old 2016-05-01, 10:21   Link #130
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by casanova0202 View Post

No, the one who said "My child" was the guardian, not Rokuro. You can tell because he uses an ancient form of speech (well, you could tell if you read Japanese, that is).
Old 2016-05-02, 09:55   Link #131
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

OK, so I've finally read the whole of Chapter 30.

....I'm confused now.

I thought that adorable figure talking to Rokuro was Seimei? But if the scanlations are anything to go by, the whole "My child" dialogue could be interpreted in different ways to mean different things. I mean I myself think it's Seimei, especially since the character used an archaic form of "my" in the raws. So for now, I'm going with "Seimei until proven otherwise".
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 10:28   Link #132
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I'm confused now.

I thought that adorable figure talking to Rokuro was Seimei?
It is Seimei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
But if the scanlations are anything to go by, the whole "My child" dialogue could be interpreted in different ways to mean different things.
No, it's pretty clear.
Old 2016-05-02, 10:30   Link #133
Daryl
Foliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, the one who said "My child" was the guardian, not Rokuro. You can tell because he uses an ancient form of speech (well, you could tell if you read Japanese, that is).
Well this has gotten.... interesting.
Old 2016-05-02, 10:58   Link #134
Kunagisa

Spoiler for 31:

This is soooooooo cheesy but I love it, though like that glasses woman said, Sousei is meaningless if they aren't both up to par. Benio :serious: training arc when? For the record, I don't think Benio's terrible or massively just a plot fodder, just that her potential's still mostly untapped (and still using crappy generic spells I guess).

Also, I like the "turned Basara" theory from last page (since there are only 11 of them versus 12 on this side).

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2016-05-02 at 11:32.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 11:24   Link #135
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
though like that glasses woman said, Sousei is meaningless if they aren't both up to par. Benio :serious: training arc when?
Haven't read this month's raw yet (I'm downloading now). Did they finally acknowledge that Benio's lagging behind Rokuro?
Old 2016-05-02, 11:32   Link #136
Kunagisa

Quote:
Haven't read this month's raw yet (I'm downloading now). Did they finally acknowledge that Benio's lagging behind Rokuro?
I would not say so, but if you interpret her words that way there are room for argument I suppose (because Benio was still out of it until that moment).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 11:44   Link #137
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I would not say so, but if you interpret her words that way there are room for argument I suppose.
I don't care about arguments. I just want the manga itself to acknowledge the issue so they can move on to fix it.

It's clear as day Rokuro's stronger than Benio. Heck, in this chapter he pummelled Hijirimaru, who was ranked 4th among the Basara and was even more powerful after absorbing Higano's power. If they don't make Benio level up there's no point to their partnership.

Anyway, I just read the chapter, and I'm not happy about this. The power gap between them has increased so much it's ridiculous.
Old 2016-05-02, 11:53   Link #138
WingsoftheDragonix

Quote:
I don't care about arguments. I just want the manga itself to acknowledge it so they can move on to fix the issue.

It's clear as day Rokuro's stronger than Benio. Heck, in this chapter he pummelled Hijirimaru, who was ranked 4th among the Basara and was even more powerful after absorbing Higano's power. If they can make Benio level up there's no point to their partnership.
While you're right that she need to become stronger. But I would not say that they partnership would be meaningless if she does not become stronger. After all is thanks to her that Rokuro is at this level.
Old 2016-05-02, 11:57   Link #139
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsoftheDragonix View Post
After all is thanks to her that Rokuro is at this level.
Come on, that's not a true partnership. I signed in for the story of a true battle couple, a guy and a girl fighting together at the same level. If the girl is noticeably weaker and mostly serves to help the guy get stronger, that's not different from the gazillion other shounen manga out there.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-05-02 at 12:10.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 13:34   Link #140
WingsoftheDragonix

@Kazu-kun My bad. I should've said that they both are helping each other to grow. It is just that when it comes to power is more evident with Rokuro.

Anyway, I agree with Kunagisa regarding Benio.

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen