Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-04, 05:34   Link #1021
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
You see, from our pov it was amusing cause we knew she was going to fall hard sooner or later, Yuu was dense to begin with so no way for him to feel love for Lisa before V5/6.
if Yuu was really dense, he wouldn't confess to Iris
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-

Last edited by sierra117; 2016-05-04 at 05:58.
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 05:43   Link #1022
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Oh, he isn't that dense, since he certainly can understand to some extent, but the denseness is there. Or at least, he seemed more dense back then. And Lisa was definitely a tsundere back then, so Yuu couldn't tell at all what she was thinking.
Old 2016-05-04, 05:45   Link #1023
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
if Yuu was really dến, he wouldn't confess to Iris
I said dense not retarded.
There is a huge difference between understanding Iris' obvious affection and taking hints in Lisa's tsun tsun behavior.
Old 2016-05-04, 06:18   Link #1024
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yuu seems to love Iris the most. That's why I'm saying that his number one girl is probably her. Lisa is probably just a very close second. But either way, I like both of them, as well as Firill and Kili because of their lewdness and antics.
Considering the similarity of situation btween Fafnir and Tsukasa-sensei's past works "Right x Light". I'd like to say there are no such thing like 'the number one girl'.
Right x Light just made it clear about this point and so is Fafnir(wait and see his answer in ch4 and you will understand).

BTW why overthinking about that speculation of Vritra when this is obviously a plot point that just be there to let Yuu prove it to be wrong and a confirmation of his love to Mitsuki.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 06:45   Link #1025
Vaans
NEET

Quote:
@Vaans: Firill, right? The one with "K" at the beginning is Kili.
My mistake. Its Kiril.

Quote:
Yuu seems to love Iris the most. That's why I'm saying that his number one girl is probably her. Lisa is probably just a very close second. But either way, I like both of them, as well as Firill and Kili because of their lewdness and antics.

You can certainly say which girl you like the most, but please don't try to superimpose that opinion on Yuu as if it were the canon truth.

Edit: One post late. Agreed about Lisa, though I'd say she was just a tsundere in the beginning. A really harsh tsundere.
Its not superimposing in anyway. you just misunderstanding it.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”

Last edited by Vaans; 2016-05-04 at 06:57.
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 11:58   Link #1026
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Vaans, Kili is Vritra's daughter that was created using dark matter and Firill is the bookworm with short silver hair. Don't mix up their names like that, please.

And it did look like you were forcing your own opinion onto Yuu with how you said that Iris isn't likable enough for you and shouldn't be the number one girl. Even though to Yuu, she probably is the number one girl.

@Plant42: I don't know about Right x Light since I haven't read it, but unless you've already read ahead in this series and know what Yuu's going to say in Chapter 4, I won't listen to you. So yeah, have you already read it? If so, I'll apologize to you and believe what you're saying.

But if what you say is true, could it be that he already loves them all equally? But then, why did he tell Lisa that she's a "wonderful woman" as good as the number one girl?

And as far as we know right now about his "feelings" for Mitsuki, they should be fake. Just his instinct as Neun to safeguard against the Ninth Calamity that is inside her.

@Cake: Agreed.
Old 2016-05-04, 12:41   Link #1027
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Vaans, Kili is Vritra's daughter that was created using dark matter and Firill is the bookworm with short silver hair. Don't mix up their names like that, please.

And it did look like you were forcing your own opinion onto Yuu with how you said that Iris isn't likable enough for you and shouldn't be the number one girl. Even though to Yuu, she probably is the number one girl.

@Plant42: I don't know about Right x Light since I haven't read it, but unless you've already read ahead in this series and know what Yuu's going to say in Chapter 4, I won't listen to you. So yeah, have you already read it? If so, I'll apologize to you and believe what you're saying.

But if what you say is true, could it be that he already loves them all equally? But then, why did he tell Lisa that she's a "wonderful woman" as good as the number one girl?

And as far as we know right now about his "feelings" for Mitsuki, they should be fake. Just his instinct as Neun to safeguard against the Ninth Calamity that is inside her.

Ummm. He has read it. He's been providing spoilers for this thread for quite a while now. Do exercise caution and watch your tone.

What he mentioned about Yuu's feelings for Mitsuki being "fake" only to be proven wrong afterwards is an example of a very common literary device employed in many series. I can even see the foreshadowing to this in the recent chapter.

Last edited by Y Ddraig Goch; 2016-05-04 at 12:53.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 13:59   Link #1028
Vaans
NEET

Quote:
No need to tell me. Mistake happens.

And it did look like you were forcing your own opinion onto Yuu with how you said that Iris isn't likable enough for you and shouldn't be the number one girl. Even though to Yuu, she probably is the number one girl.[/QUOTE]

I cannot force him into anything. If he thinks hes her number one, there's nothing I can do. In the end he needs to take responsibility for everyone who changed their marks.
Quote:

The guy reads ahead of us. He knows what he's saying. This got me really curious. I'm looking forward to chapter 4.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 16:14   Link #1029
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm sorry, then. I think I remembered reading spoilers posted by him, but I wasn't sure. But now I know, so thanks for the info. I'm also looking forward to Chapter 4, then.

And if Yuu's feelings for Mitsuki really aren't "fake" like Vritra thought, that'd be great, so I hope it's really like that.
Old 2016-05-05, 06:22   Link #1030
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Yuu fell in love with Iris when he saw her for the first time and she was the only one who did not treat him coldly in the beginning. Lisa was the meanest one.

I'd say Iris has good reasons to be the Nr 1 in Yuu's heart.

Jeanne
Tia
Iris

For me in the top 3
I agree with you that Lisa was most likely the meanest one, but I do believe it was just because she didn't trust him because he was a guy, after all he was the only guy on an island full of girls so who knew what he might do? Or something like that.

But as we could see all of them got softer towards him once they started to get to know him and see the kind of person he is, I mean by volume 5 Lisa really cared about him as she got angry and sad as she cried when she heard he had sacrificed his own memories when he used those weapons he got from Yggdrasil.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 10:27   Link #1031
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Lisa was only mean to him in the beginning; she got better towards him as she got to know him better. Yuu also understands now that she's the type of girl who thinks of everyone in her class as family and will undoubtedly worry for them when they're in trouble. She's actually a really nice and kind girl, and that the coldness she showed in the beginning was just a facade she brought up in front of him. He was able to gradually come to understand this.
Old 2016-05-05, 12:53   Link #1032
dragon213

Quote:
Yeah, Lisa was only mean to him in the beginning; she got better towards him as she got to know him better. Yuu also understands now that she's the type of girl who thinks of everyone in her class as family and will undoubtedly worry for them when they're in trouble. She's actually a really nice and kind girl, and that the coldness she showed in the beginning was just a facade she brought up in front of him. He was able to gradually come to understand this.
Well like I said, I think she acted like that because she didn't trust him since he waw a guy and since she didn't the kind of person he was yet, didn't knoe if he would try to do something to the girls on the island (I believe she would think that since he was the only guy on a island full of gilrs)

However, even if it was slightly, so was she acting a bit better towards him already in volume 2, and it only got better and better the more she got to know him (we could see her being jealous over the different reaction he showed from seeing her in a dress and seeing Iris in one in volume 4, even though she was still a tsundere at that time, that started to go away at volume 5)

And as you said, the more she got to know him, the more she started to show her true personality.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 07:07   Link #1033
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that too. Now I just think that all of the girls he's selected need to hurry up and start calling him by his first name, without honorifics, like Tia and Kili do. If Mitsuki and Lisa were to add -san to his name and/or if Iris were to add -chan to it, I'd hate that and would even die a little inside. No -kun from any of them either, please; although, maybe Ariella and Firill will stick with calling him "Yuu-kun" either way. That's at least better than "Yuu-chan" (come on, Iris. ). Asuna also called Kirito with the -kun honorific, so I guess that's fine, but the problem here is that Mitsuki and Lisa use the -san honorific with everyone (I mean, it'd be fine if Lisa called only Yuu with the -san honorific since some Japanese wives in anime/manga who have a lot of respect for their husbands add the -san honorific to their names, but I just don't like she how Lisa just adds to that honorific to everyone's name except for Yuu's since she calls him by his full name for some reason), same with how it is with Iris and the -chan honorific, so I at least want them to call the name of the man they love without any honorifics since he's supposed to be special to them. Mitsuki used to call him "Yuu-kun" before she became his adopted sister, so I guess she could just go back to that if she could muster up the courage to do so (hopefully, she can).
Old 2016-05-08, 02:34   Link #1034
blackman

Volume 11 is finally completed...and it was the "calm before the storm" volume.

Spoiler for .:
blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 02:41   Link #1035
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Volume 11 finished. Things got real pretty fast. And as usual, Mitsuki can't catch a break.

Aside from the reveal of the new (or old) enemy, the one who provided the information is a curious detail. From the nickname 'Atla' and its resentment to the rubbish tree Yggdrasil, I assume that it's Atlantis. But what is it doing there with Loki. More like, why is it still around.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 02:52   Link #1036
zzhk
Summary Machine

Probably some sort of artifact Loki discovered somewhere.

It does explain why Loki's Naglfar was equipped with a Babel replica cannon when Yuu didn't gain access to Babel's blueprints until he made his deal to defeat Leviathan, after he had left NIFL.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 08:07   Link #1037
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackman View Post

Spoiler for .:
As Vritra said, the Ninth Calamity is "End Matter" which is the exact opposite of Dark Matter. You noticed what happens to anything that darkness touches, didn't you? Those likenesses of Mitsuki's parents were most likely just fakes it created from Mitsuki's memory somehow. There must be more to it than just being End Matter, but End Matter is part of what it is. But since it brought back Bahamut, maybe it really can bring back dead beings. Although it's possible that it can only bring back certain True Dragons and not all of them.

And anyway, I'm still curious about whether or not Yuu's feelings for Mitsuki and him wanting to protect her is just due to his instinct as Neun. It certainly does seem that way right now. Either way, I think they need to tell all of Yuu's other girls about this, as well as Shinomiya-sensei and Charl. And they also need to take care of the revived Fifth Dragon, Bahamut. I hope Iris can figure out how to use Catastrophe at full power without having to transform her body like what Yuu managed to do with Ether Wind against Loki when they fought.

I also wonder how and when Yuu's Authority as Neun will fully awaken if it really still hasn't. I hope it can completely destroy the Ninth Dragon rather than only being able to seal it each time it comes out. Maybe Yuu's Authority will fully awaken when the Ninth Dragon really starts to its thing (bringing back Bahamut might not really be the start of it yet).
Old 2016-05-08, 21:30   Link #1038
Wandering Soul

Volume 11 was mostly a breather and "calm before the storm" volume. As usual being Mitsuki is suffering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackman View Post

Spoiler for .:
I think they were just constructs made from Mitsuki's memories.
Old 2016-05-09, 03:10   Link #1039
Enternal

UUUrrrghhh. I'm feeling a bit pissed. Why is there so much suffering for Mitsuki?! She just can't catch a break!!

On the other hand, her moment of happiness during that scene was soooo goood. She really deserves happiness!

Anyway, this is really one of those series where all the girls are just too awesome lol.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 07:08   Link #1040
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, they really are all just too awesome. I even think Hikaru (is that the teacher's name?) should join his harem as well.

@Wandering Soul: You're probably right about them being constructs from Mitsuki's memories, but how did it create them? And we also need an explanation about how it could bring back Bahamut. I mean, isn't supposed to govern over End Matter, which can turn anything to nothing? What does End Matter have to do with bringing things back to life or creating things? Creating things is something Dark Matter does.

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, harem, shounen, supernatural, true harem