Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-10, 23:56   Link #4181
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
Hmmm I have been thinking of getting a new WN to read and possibly translate as well. Anyone got any recommendations??
Plus points if the chapters aren't too long like kamigoroshi, also NO HAREMS! Everytime I think a novel will focus on just one heroine, I am proved wrong in like 20 chapters! goddamnit Japan what's with your addiction with harems!?!
勇者様のお師匠様 is an excellent story about fated lovers waiting to happen (and has, basically; the whole world against it), there is a decent amount of action and the fights aren't bad; the plot twist are really good and the main story handles decently and seriously the core themes. The writing is pretty consistent and I'm quite fond of it (not many narou series make me say that); each arc has a very different objective and handle stuff very differently (this is related to the characters growing up).

For a summary, the title basically says it all; there is a yuusha (female) and her master (male). The master has no talent but totally goes by the fruit of effort; the yuusha has her inborn talent and thanks to her master, she also has the fruit of efforts as well. The good thing is that this series doesn't do the "narou" thing of "the MC is labeled a dunce by society, but in the end is the world's strongerst due to some dumb reason, so bash your head into the wall before reading"; the MC truly has a hard time due to lacking a 'certain something' (maryouku) and there is no short cut about it.

There is a published version (which means character designs); and if you want an early and quite dive into the story you can check the drama cd; and if page amount is a hint; the published version is a greatly evolved version of the story, good stuff.
Old 2016-05-11, 00:06   Link #4182
Kaito Yamakage

n7583de 300,891文字 WAT?

There are still many wonders of the world waiting on narou.
Old 2016-05-11, 00:23   Link #4183
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
n7583de 300,891文字 WAT?

There are still many wonders of the world waiting on narou.
Oh, I remember finding that one just a few days ago and having a similar reaction. Still uncertain about actually reading it though without knowing anything about it.

On another note, anybody read 私、能力は平均値でって言ったよね! before and know if it's any good? It's getting a published version already after starting not even half a year ago, so curious if it's legit good or just more junk food catering to the masses.
Old 2016-05-11, 00:42   Link #4184
cabman11

その無限の先へ

Anyone read this?. This is really good. This is really really good like holy shit it's good. O_0
Old 2016-05-11, 01:23   Link #4185
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
その無限の先へ

Anyone read this?. This is really good. This is really really good like holy shit it's good. O_0
I read it way back and got tired when the MC fucked up his build, gave up on the labyrinth, and turned into a side character/pimp for his harem.

It seemed like it might get better eventually with more chapters, but haven't checked it since.
Old 2016-05-11, 06:03   Link #4186
nero12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
勇者様のお師匠様 is an excellent story about fated lovers waiting to happen (and has, basically; the whole world against it), there is a decent amount of action and the fights aren't bad; the plot twist are really good and the main story handles decently and seriously the core themes. The writing is pretty consistent and I'm quite fond of it (not many narou series make me say that); each arc has a very different objective and handle stuff very differently (this is related to the characters growing up).

For a summary, the title basically says it all; there is a yuusha (female) and her master (male). The master has no talent but totally goes by the fruit of effort; the yuusha has her inborn talent and thanks to her master, she also has the fruit of efforts as well. The good thing is that this series doesn't do the "narou" thing of "the MC is labeled a dunce by society, but in the end is the world's strongerst due to some dumb reason, so bash your head into the wall before reading"; the MC truly has a hard time due to lacking a 'certain something' (maryouku) and there is no short cut about it.

There is a published version (which means character designs); and if you want an early and quite dive into the story you can check the drama cd; and if page amount is a hint; the published version is a greatly evolved version of the story, good stuff.
ohh I have this bookmarked. Didn't start because I thought that the whole world would probably shit on the mc for not having mana/maryoku whatever which kind of gets on my nerves sometimes. I guess I'll give it a go.
Old 2016-05-11, 08:07   Link #4187
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
ohh I have this bookmarked. Didn't start because I thought that the whole world would probably shit on the mc for not having mana/maryoku whatever which kind of gets on my nerves sometimes. I guess I'll give it a go.
It's not like that, it's just that the biggest chances are closed to him do to low birth and low maryouku; he is very highly recognized on things he doesn't want to focus (many recommend him to become an adventurer, it's hinted that he would become a top ranked one). The people that recognize him are more than the people than shun him and do increase with time in number; he only "has it bad" during knight school (it's implied that he only kept failing due to corrupt nobles disliking him).

No reincarnation nor isekai summoning is a plus for me.
Old 2016-05-12, 02:45   Link #4188
cabman11

I just read the series with the best Representation of elves I've ever seen.

趣味人なまおー
really good high fantasy

Dark elf, high elf and regular elf all fall into the same species but with different skin color.

Regular elves in this series are into farming and nature.
Dark Elves are warriors. And actually treated very well and respected. In fact elves really really like Dark elves in this one. Elves really admire the strength of the dark elves.

High elves. Here's the funny part.
High elves are treated as weirdos by both dark elves and regular elves.
High elves claim to be able to see spirits or some shit like that. Everyone knows spirits don't exist.
Bunch of freaks. I guess that's why they call the High elves. Because they're really fucking high.
Bunch of weirdos hippies thinking Spirits are real
Old 2016-05-12, 03:07   Link #4189
hinakuya

Send a message via Yahoo to hinakuya
<Infinite Dendrogram>
Has anyone read this?Is it decent?
hinakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 03:37   Link #4190
Breimn

Quote:

趣味人なまおー
really good high fantasy

Dark elf, high elf and regular elf all fall into the same species but with different skin color.

Dark Elves are warriors. And actually treated very well and respected. In fact elves really really like Dark elves in this one. Elves really admire the strength of the dark elves.

High elves claim to be able to see spirits or some shit like that. Everyone knows spirits don't exist.
Bunch of freaks. I guess that's why they call the High elves. Because they're really fucking high.
Lol sounds funny.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 11:29   Link #4191
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

趣味人なまおー
really good high fantasy

you need to read more

Quote:
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Old 2016-05-12, 13:18   Link #4192
cabman11

Sauce? Please
Old 2016-05-12, 13:26   Link #4193
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Sauce? Please
Lords and Ladies
- Sir Terry Pratchett
Old 2016-05-12, 14:27   Link #4194
Breimn

If GT is right then it seems like pic related(she proclaimed herself pupil of the wiseman) should get a manga after the drama cd is out(and the drama cd is already out)
趁著现在出了广播CD 6月還要漫画化了 要安利一波了

Could someone who knows moonrunes pls confirm if this really gets manga and if yes which magazine?
Old 2016-05-12, 14:39   Link #4195
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Where is this from? The runes you posted are either garbled or not actually Japanese from what I can tell.
Old 2016-05-12, 14:40   Link #4196
cabman11

I'm sure those Moon runes ane Chinese
Old 2016-05-12, 14:43   Link #4197
Breimn

The quote is from baidu, there was no source/link on the info tough . And yes, it is chinese.
Old 2016-05-12, 16:15   Link #4198
cabman11

I find it odd that out of all the series i have read i have yet to come across one of the most important types of magic there is. The ability to make a "wish"
Old 2016-05-12, 16:16   Link #4199
Breimn

Overlord has it. Still lower than WCI tough.But yes, probably the pnly one that has it.
Old 2016-05-13, 06:27   Link #4200
SirMeow

Ok this is gonna be a weird request but

Anyone have a WN with a Trap heroine?
Atelier Tanaka has one so it got me curious......Or maybe there's a Trap harem WN too

Though I would prefer reverse trap harem xD
SirMeow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel