Old 2016-06-03, 14:57   Link #2521
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
3.3 Preliminary Patch Notes.

Really Bard buffs?
We really needed it, we were absolutely horrid and useless otherwise. This doesn't solve BRD's problem entirely but it's a great step at least.
Old 2016-06-03, 19:40   Link #2522
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
We really needed it, we were absolutely horrid and useless otherwise. This doesn't solve BRD's problem entirely but it's a great step at least.
It's about time BRDs get a buff, but it would have alot better if we can move again while casting skills when TWM is activated.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 00:50   Link #2523
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
It's about time BRDs get a buff, but it would have alot better if we can move again while casting skills when TWM is activated.
Honestly, it never really made any sense to me that you could run around like a maniac while still landing all your skills (except auto-attacks if you were facing away). An actual archer would need to focus and aim, even if they're the Warrior of Light. If they brought back the ability to move while casting, without the auto-attack that Wanderer's Minuet removes, they'd need to have some other penalty to accuracy or something to compensate. Truthfully, the way you can toggle the modes now sort of feels like that sort of "penalty", so it makes sense to me.

That being said, I realize an awful lot of bard players still pine for the old days, so maybe it'll be rethought in the future, or maybe there'll come up with some other job whose main feature is its ability to run around while casting.
Old 2016-06-04, 06:38   Link #2524
R.LocK
My turn

To be perfectly fair, you can't call for realism when so many of BRD's skills involve spinning around and jumping like crazy. At least, that's what the animation shows.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 11:21   Link #2525
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
To be perfectly fair, you can't call for realism when so many of BRD's skills involve spinning around and jumping like crazy. At least, that's what the animation shows.
Right. In the Avenger Hawkeye is a regular human and he still hits with 100% accuracy while running and jumping around, so why not? At least in FFXIV you can always say "it's the aether".

None of the various jobs are realistic anyway and they all involve the use of aether in a way or another.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 14:06   Link #2526
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ninja's getting a nice Buff Finally.
Old 2016-06-06, 03:55   Link #2527
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Well just watched the trailer for the first time without knowing anything about what's coming. Just after I unlocked the requirements to fight Ozma in FFIX and low and behold he's now a raid boss. A bit of a shame a powerful boss like that isn't the last but whatever.

I like that they brought back Y'mir from VI and Caliofisteria from Final Fantasy V as the raids last boss. Not many people picked up on who that boss is, she's not the most popular.

damn been almost 2 years since I last came here and my last post was in this thread when I was new to game playing on PS3, now I'm on PC
Old 2016-06-06, 07:06   Link #2528
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 07:39   Link #2529
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Full Patch Notes are up.

For those concerned, such as crafters like me, I guess my only concern is that while the scrip system to crafter gear has been modified such that:

1. 180 gear can now be bought with blue tokens, and the token price has been halved.
2. Red tokens exchangeable to blue tokens.
3. 180-190 upgrade requires buying upgrade items with red scrips.

My only complaint is that the upgrade items are only buyable with scrips, not tokens. Majority of people who prepped for the upgrades in 3.3 crafting like me (I have 60 red tokens on hand) will have stockpiled on tokens, not scrips...
Old 2016-06-06, 08:28   Link #2530
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, i think that's the point you know, so people have at most 500 stock at launch I stock gatherer scrip myself, but I have been slacking on doing crafter scrips so I guess I'll just do this slowly like always
Old 2016-06-06, 09:09   Link #2531
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Meanwhile, I can't wait for the burnination of Ishgard.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

(Video by denmomcstronghuge)
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 09:45   Link #2532
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Full Patch Notes are up.

For those concerned, such as crafters like me, I guess my only concern is that while the scrip system to crafter gear has been modified such that:

1. 180 gear can now be bought with blue tokens, and the token price has been halved.
2. Red tokens exchangeable to blue tokens.
3. 180-190 upgrade requires buying upgrade items with red scrips.

My only complaint is that the upgrade items are only buyable with scrips, not tokens. Majority of people who prepped for the upgrades in 3.3 crafting like me (I have 60 red tokens on hand) will have stockpiled on tokens, not scrips...

I was 99% certain that would happen
In fact it could have been worse, they could have introduced green scrips or something. At least we have a 500 scrips head start.

Anyway I think most of my red scrips will become materia, less ixal farming to do.

On the bright side, Draconian potions and food yielding 3 units is going to make our lives a lot easier.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-07, 06:58   Link #2533
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Weeeelp so much for that. Houses taken before the morning even comes.

Likely by Scabbers and Elitists.
Old 2016-06-07, 08:03   Link #2534
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Goddamn Sohr Khai is hard!
Old 2016-06-07, 10:36   Link #2535
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Hmm, I didn't find Sohr Khai that hard. But The Final Steps Of Faith was a lot of fun. Made me feel so glad to be a summoner, since I saved the trial from near wipes quite a few times after the healers fell.

And, oh, I'm a landlord at last! Took me 13 minutes to log-in, and my hopes dwindled as the queue steadily dropped from 1,800 to about 200 by the time I got in. Sure enough, almost all plots in Mist were already gone by then. I managed to grab the last remaining medium plot. Phew!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-07, 12:19   Link #2536
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finallt finished Final Steps of Faith.

Now that was an epic fight, especially since I did it on my first group and everyone was new. We all learned after 3 wipes and managed to win by the skin of our teeth. Both healers down, 2 dps left, and I was on the last few seconds of Hallowed Ground, and we managed t pull through.
Old 2016-06-07, 13:50   Link #2537
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Fiddled around with the additions to crafting.

Turns out that the token to token exchange isn't 1:1, but actually 1:36, which means that with enough counterfoils and if you stockpiled on red tokens you can practically i180 all your DoH and DoL out of the gate.

Right now I'm getting all the i180 tools for my DoH and looking for someone who can make me the new crafted BiS crafter gear, which are universal for all classes. In the long run it's probably more cost effective to use scrips on single job gear and use gil/blackmail/aggressive coercion for the universal crafter clothing.

Any veteran crafters got an opinion?
Old 2016-06-08, 02:23   Link #2538
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Hmm, I didn't find Sohr Khai that hard. But The Final Steps Of Faith was a lot of fun. Made me feel so glad to be a summoner, since I saved the trial from near wipes quite a few times after the healers fell.
Sohr Khai was relaxing for me. None of the mechanics were that demanding. The Final Steps Of Faith though. Wow that was insane, one of the hardest story trials I've done since like... I don't even remember since it's been that long.

The mechanics in that aren't demanding either, but it requires precision and timing. Until you get to phase 3 where he starts spamming the pain train. It took about a good 2-3 attempts with Konakaga(Kotohono now) and my group, but it was well worth it. That felt like the epic finale I've been wanting, it sort of feels like the finale I was expecting from Deathwing in WoW.

Also, I actually felt somewhat useful as a Bard. Those song buffs are absolutely fantastic in letting me keep a rotation going without breaking the flow.
Old 2016-06-08, 04:13   Link #2539
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

This version of Nidhogg was what the dragoon job quest had made me feel hyped up for from before when it showed talked about & showed some of Estinien, the dangers of Nidhogg's eye, & Nidhogg's power in general from lore in the quests.

And I have to say SE really nailed it, The Final Steps Of Faith was one of the most intense & epic storyline battles in the game I can't recall anything coming close, not to mention the 3rd phase music was really excellent new piece. It was extremely satisfying overall, though the fight makes me question SEs word that the EX won't be worse than than Titan EX .

Sohr Khai was simple/relaxing enough besides the final boss , imo.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 05:22   Link #2540
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hullbreaker Isle HM was a bit of a letdown IMHO. Bosses are so easy.

Sohr Kai when I started out was tricky, however once you knew how the bosses work it became doable. The main problem would be the 2nd boss if you let him break all the walls.

Just finished Weeping City. The bosses are very nicely done, especially the last two. Remind me never to make fun of my sister every time she gets a new hairdo.

The Carbonweave gear was very easy to make. Made myself an HQ set which easily let me do 3* crafting with red scrip tools and food. The Ironworks set OTOH at 870 craftsmanship...

Tags
mmorpg