AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-06-03, 18:11   Link #41
Freeter
beyond

My theory: the Mystique who 'saved' Logan is actually the villainous one from the old trilogy. She was able to time travel somehow and bring Logan into Stryker's custody so Weapon X would be guaranteed to happen.

Not that I care if this pans out or not, JLaw effectively ruined Apocalypse for me. We need another DoFP to write Raven Everdeen out of the continuity.
Old 2016-06-03, 18:58   Link #42
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He could have just had the same powers or be a different Angel (since Marvel loves to shit on origins).

@Shinji alright, I get it now. Time to have a franchise reboot the likes of which we've never witnessed! Starting with...Channing Tatum as Gambit ._.
Y'know they sorta did do a soft reboot with days of future past erasing the old continuity. I mean the first crop of films no longer exist and we basically know have a whole new version of the x-men team... its basically an in-universe franchise reboot

I guess that's kinda ok... but the real problem is that they already used up A LOT of the X-men's worst enemies. Magneto and Mystique are done with villainy; the hellfire club was in first class, they dealt with the sentinels and now they got apocalypse. Mr. Sinister is up next most likely.... They basically burned through the best villains when the proper team is just getting together

Honestly, i still want them to do a reboot but this time apply a little actual creative guidance to their approach; think several movies ahead instead of just one at a time. No more cameos for the sake of cameos and actually thinking ahead with how they use characters... Think about the kind of reltionships they want to develop between characters, and how they want certain characters to grow... that way they can take advantage of the continuity to show that growth over multiple films; just as the Marvel learned to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I know, I saw the eyes at the end of DoFP. Except it doesn't make sense for several reasons: why would she save Logan, and how would Logan have ended up in Stryker's custody after that? She barely ever saw Logan in the movie. And she of all people would know better than to leave a fellow mutant in government hands.
The writers and director are just playing fast and loose with the continuity. Their excuse is basically "yes Mystique did save wolverine at the end of DoFP, but he got capture for real sometime later". Really they just wanted an excuse to shoehorn wolverine into the film. Heck they actually originally wanted to make him a teacher at Xavier's, give him a drill Sargent type role, but they feared he would end up overshadowing Mystique, so they just came up with the whole damn rampage scene.
Old 2016-06-04, 14:03   Link #43
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
My theory: the Mystique who 'saved' Logan is actually the villainous one from the old trilogy. She was able to time travel somehow and bring Logan into Stryker's custody so Weapon X would be guaranteed to happen.

Not that I care if this pans out or not, JLaw effectively ruined Apocalypse for me. We need another DoFP to write Raven Everdeen out of the continuity.
Agree'd making Mystique/JLawrence a good guy and by having her in human appearance killed the movie for me. Not going to see it at all.
Old 2016-06-05, 01:31   Link #44
monster

I heard a while ago this was going to be Jennifer Lawrence's last role in X-Men. Was that true?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 07:37   Link #45
Freeter
beyond

Her contract is up after this film, and when discussing about negotiations to a magazine she made a coy remark about how she made a pact with McAvoy and Fassbender and if one of them leaves, the other two will follow.

As much as I enjoy McAvoy and Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto, if losing them is the price we have to pay to get rid of JLaw and her overbearing ego, so be it.
Old 2016-06-11, 02:58   Link #46
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
As much as I enjoy McAvoy and Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto, if losing them is the price we have to pay to get rid of JLaw and her overbearing ego, so be it.
Just waiting for the inevitable recasting of Vin Diesel as Xavier because bald, and Idris Elba as Magneto because Idris Elba.
Old 2016-06-12, 09:29   Link #47
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Just waiting for the inevitable recasting of Vin Diesel as Xavier because bald, and Idris Elba as Magneto because Idris Elba.
That would be pretty badass, but Vin Diesal tends to play chill, badass characters. Xavier is more of a calm, wisdom-like guy and it would be hard to imagine Vin as Xavier.

Anywho, I can see why people didn't like the movie, but I always enjoy Marvel's movies. I actually thought the action was a lot better than the previous movies despite "too much CGI." What do you expect, it's a sci-fi movie

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-21, 16:02   Link #48
jdennis007

Overall I liked the movie except for the fight between Professor X and Apocalypse on the astral plane. Professor X not only walks there but also has a suit of armor he uses and if he is connected like that to the person he would be using their own mental weaknesses against them. I know it was a setup to have Jean unleash her powers as Phoenix, but still.