AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-08-04, 13:52   Link #1
SarahEm1234
Oops

HELP!! Romance Anime/Manga Where the Main Couple Gets Married and Has Kids

I'm looking for a manga or anime where the main couple gets married (It can be in the beginning, middle or end) and has kids. I would prefer if it didn't have any love triangles, but if it does it should be kept to the minimum. Also NO harems. The anime/manga should be PG13 or higher, completed and have good art. Please recommend some.
P.S if the story is really good I'll accept PG
Old 2016-08-04, 15:48   Link #2
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahEm1234 View Post
I'm looking for a manga or anime where the main couple gets married (It can be in the beginning, middle or end) and has kids. I would prefer if it didn't have any love triangles, but if it does it should be kept to the minimum. Also NO harems. The anime/manga should be PG13 or higher, completed and have good art. Please recommend some.
P.S if the story is really good I'll accept PG
Well one comes to mind:
Spoiler for happens at the end:

Don't know too many others except one that goes well past PG13:
Spoiler:

Also, while they're never technically labeled as "married" or even given an official relationship beyond "best friends", interaction and heavy implication from all including the author would have Fate and Nanoha as soulmates, who at present in the multiseries live together with their adopted daughter. As I said they're not technically "married" or at least aren't stated to be, but then that's not terribly uncommon since Japan still doesn't recognize such marriages, so a number of series have them live it without officially being it.

One other that I think would fit really well for you is Itazura na Kiss; I haven't read/watched the whole thing and just skipped to the later episodes, but I certainly recall seeing the main heroine gloating at finally reaching a C cup, after which the camera zooms out to show her gigantic belly as her husband makes his way to work (and this isn't the last episode even if it's close).

Similarly, KareKano manga might work for you; it doesn't only have the main characters marry and have kids, their best friend jokingly claims that their first daughter will be his wife, and after he helps raise her and views her as his daughter she grows up and declares her intent to make that a reality.

Really, I'm pretty sure a ton of shoujo manga/anime would work well for you. I don't know a ton of those, but I know enough to know that that's a pretty common trope. For that matter, you could just go to TvTropes.com and check out "Babies Ever After".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-04, 18:04   Link #3
SarahEm1234
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Well one comes to mind:
Spoiler for happens at the end:

Don't know too many others except one that goes well past PG13:
Spoiler:

Also, while they're never technically labeled as "married" or even given an official relationship beyond "best friends", interaction and heavy implication from all including the author would have Fate and Nanoha as soulmates, who at present in the multiseries live together with their adopted daughter. As I said they're not technically "married" or at least aren't stated to be, but then that's not terribly uncommon since Japan still doesn't recognize such marriages, so a number of series have them live it without officially being it.

One other that I think would fit really well for you is Itazura na Kiss; I haven't read/watched the whole thing and just skipped to the later episodes, but I certainly recall seeing the main heroine gloating at finally reaching a C cup, after which the camera zooms out to show her gigantic belly as her husband makes his way to work (and this isn't the last episode even if it's close).

Similarly, KareKano manga might work for you; it doesn't only have the main characters marry and have kids, their best friend jokingly claims that their first daughter will be his wife, and after he helps raise her and views her as his daughter she grows up and declares her intent to make that a reality.

Really, I'm pretty sure a ton of shoujo manga/anime would work well for you. I don't know a ton of those, but I know enough to know that that's a pretty common trope. For that matter, you could just go to TvTropes.com and check out "Babies Ever After".
Thank you for the recommendation. I have already watched the anime for both Fruits Basket and Itazura Na Kiss and they are both really good, but I'll check out your other recommendations too.
Old 2016-08-04, 19:40   Link #4
kitten320

Well, Clannad, obviously.

I'm sure Suzuka manga did that too.

Ongoing series Orange has two main characters married and with a child.

Bakuman had marriage.

Do long running sport anime count? =D Cause Major explores characters life from age till like age 30 something, until he is married with children.
Old 2016-08-05, 11:39   Link #5
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Also might want to try Uwasa no Midori-kun. I haven't read much of it but from what Wikipedia says it should fit. Only problem is that it does have a pretty strong triangle from what I've heard. Made worse by the fact that by the laws of some jurisdictions one side of said triangle raped Midori in the first chapter. He couldn't be charged since it would be near impossible to prove the obvious fact that he completely deceived her with the sole intent of getting in her pants and clear realization that he couldn't get her consent without said deception, but the reader's knowledge clearly places it within the grounds of "deception rape".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 16:25   Link #6
AntonKutovoi

Rurouni Kenshin (manga), Shaman King (manga), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Also Naruto, I guess.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
completed, good art, no harem, no love triangle, romance manga/anime