AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2016-08-14, 11:11   Link #381
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Honestly I'm more disappointed this isn't the main anime story. It feels more hellsing, which I like.
Then it's more reason to separate these two episodes from The X IMO. Ufotable wanted to promote the new Berseria game? Fine, relesea these two episodes as OVAs or Specials, but not part of The X show. Now, those of us who want to follow Sorey & co are forced to watch this "other story" that is very loosely connected to the current The X show. Yes, it happened in the same timeline but it's not really relevant to Sorey's story now, isn't it? (so far at least). It's as if people who are watching Gundam Unicorn then got interrupted by Gundam Origin after episode 2's cliffhanger just because Sunrise-Bandai need to advertise new model kits and Origin happened far earlier in the same UC timeline, and then come back to Unicorn again. That will be distracting and upsetting for those who just want to follow the main story.
Old 2016-08-14, 11:13   Link #382
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Was it officially confirmed that there would be no connection. I mean the show is called "the X"
Old 2016-08-14, 11:19   Link #383
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Was it officially confirmed that there would be no connection. I mean the show is called "the X"
I really hope there's gonna be a strong connection in the future coz these Berseria episodes already done some damage to the narrative flow. That strong connection will be the only way to redeem these two distraction episodes .
Old 2016-08-14, 11:32   Link #384
Kazu-kun

Best episode. Just two episodes and you can tell Berseria's so much better than Zestiria it's not even funny. Velvet's such a cool main protagonist.
Old 2016-08-14, 12:52   Link #385
RDNexus

Does nobody remember my guessing the OP this week would be Berseria's? It's so nice to guess something right for once
And it was so AWESOME xD
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 16:13   Link #386
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

what teh fuck is Malak? pretty sure I heard it seirei or spirit or probably seraphim, and everyone is shepherd at that point
shame that we are going back to zestiria
well, back to HUNTING ALL MALEVOLENCE AND INVISIBLE MONSTERS WITH SHAMAN SOREY!

let me guess that Artorius is right all along but the edgelord velvet ruined his plan and as a consequence we are stuck with this annoying overused malevolence word thing in zestiria. good job velvet!
Old 2016-08-14, 16:27   Link #387
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
what teh fuck is Malak?
Probably a seraph, but with a different name. They're all spirit beings.

Quote:
let me guess that Artorius is right all along
What does "right" mean anyway? Seres and Oscar made it clear Artorius would do anything to accomplish his goals. If that's the case, then sacrificing Velvet's brother is just the tip of the iceberg. Who knows how many crimes the guy has committed in his quest for power.
Old 2016-08-14, 18:31   Link #388
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
let me guess that Artorius is right all along but the edgelord velvet ruined his plan and as a consequence we are stuck with this annoying overused malevolence word thing in zestiria. good job velvet!
I'm pretty pro "by all means necessary" approaches, but even I wouldn't call things like what we saw "right," it at best be called justified. Though given the info we got, my gut feeling is it's probably more like it's one of those "easiest solution to the problem" answers; Artorius be too lazy to solve it the proper way.
Old 2016-08-14, 19:33   Link #389
Jerseykid

Is this a new style? Inserting episodes from something completely different?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 20:21   Link #390
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ugh threw my whole flow off inserting these 2 OVA style episodes in. I dont care if its a preview in terms of story telling its an awful way to do it. They should have remember there are viewers who are anime only viewers and dont give a shit about the upcoming game. Although i enjoyed them and the art style and music i just dont think a preview of a game animated inside of another ongoing story should happen especially if we dont even know if they will connected.
Old 2016-08-14, 20:57   Link #391
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Best episode. Just two episodes and you can tell Berseria's so much better than Zestiria it's not even funny. Velvet's such a cool main protagonist.
So much this! Don't get me wrong, i liked Zestiria's lore, but Berseria has cooler characters by far. Too bad they were unable to make a conection between the two title besides a common word ("malevolence"). It kinda broke the previous 4 episodes pace but oh well... at least we had two free spetacular action packed OVAs. The action was indeed amazing as always from Ufotable. I liked Velvet wild fighting style. She remembers me of Seras Victoria from Hellsing. I wish they would made a full anime about Berseria
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 21:01   Link #392
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Too bad they were unable to make a conection between the two title besides a common word ("malevolence").
The connection was made obvious actually, though those who are unaware of Zestiria lore wouldn't get it.
Old 2016-08-14, 21:10   Link #393
DemonneoPT

Yeah, as an anime only viewer that never played a single game about it, i didn't see any link between the two titles so far. Maybe something will come up in the next Zestiria episodes...
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 21:31   Link #394
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Well, I'm utterly lost and confused from these last two episodes. I feel like this is just a gimmick to get people to buy the game. I am so not down for this when they just sudden drop a new story and world all of a sudden into the anime from which I have no idea what the hell is going on.
Old 2016-08-15, 02:56   Link #395
RDNexus

Dear goodness, you guys... I'm kinda a Anime-only Viewer for now but I didn't feel aback with this 2-parter special promotion to Berseria, I daresay I LOVED IT!!!
The OST was so dramatic and epic, the animation pure Ufotable quality, the characters were amazing for a starting point of a story and the fights... Pure Epic.

Now let us get back to the true story being adapted this time (Zestiria) but let us not forget these amazing two episodes which have done their job oh so right, to promote and hype the upcoming entry in the Tales of Series (Berseria). And that OP, dear goodness... xD
Old 2016-08-15, 03:27   Link #396
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Dear goodness, you guys... I'm kinda a Anime-only Viewer for now but I didn't feel aback with this 2-parter special promotion to Berseria, I daresay I LOVED IT!!!
The OST was so dramatic and epic, the animation pure Ufotable quality, the characters were amazing for a starting point of a story and the fights... Pure Epic.
Well, I don’t hate these Berseria episodes on its own. In fact, I like it enough that I want it to be make its own separate series, not being shoehorned in Zestiria anime and ruin the pace and flow like this.

Surely you know the difference between liking the Berseria episodes on its own and not liking its role as a blatant “Buy this other game with loosely-related story to Zestiria, folks!!!”-advertisement which is shoehorned to people who are tuning each week to see Sorey, Mikleo & Alisha’s adventure. See my Gundam analogy in the above page.
Old 2016-08-15, 03:35   Link #397
RDNexus

Well, I can only say this, in this case... I didn't give a damn to this ad break! I'm simply enjoying what those folks are tossing at us, so it isn't minding me one bit
Old 2016-08-15, 05:23   Link #398
Key Board
Carbon

it's not Ufotable's fault

It's never the studio's fault

blame the sponsor

blame Bamco
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 05:26   Link #399
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just a short reminder that not only are spoilers not permitted in currently airing anime threads, but hinting and discussing things outside of the anime content proper is not permitted.
Old 2016-08-15, 06:24   Link #400
Tetsu Aero

I was also taken back by the insertion of the Berseria episodes with no connection to the Zesteria episodes. The plot was rather good for Berseria, but the character designs are horrible, very close to Legendia's.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote