AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-09-01, 15:31   Link #21
necrolyte

Well this is a nice chapter. Finally we saw Vinsmokes again and we saw that BM actually overestimated Luffy's power because of his words he said in the den den mushi from the time he was in Fishman island. I guess she prepared good for his arrival.

Btw I also like the real look of Cracker. Now he looks much more like someone crazy enough to be one of the best fighters of a yonkou and I actually liked how he showed to Luffy that his Gear 4 is not the answer to every fight. If Zoro was somewhere on the island after this chapter I would've thought that he will be the one to defeat Cracker but now I really don't know how this will end
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 16:11   Link #22
Rainbowman

A food based Devil Fruit. Who else had food based powers or is this the first time we see this phenomenon?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 17:28   Link #23
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

i'm more curious about whose married at the splash page XD

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 18:24   Link #24
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
Btw I also like the real look of Cracker. Now he looks much more like someone crazy enough to be one of the best fighters of a yonkou and I actually liked how he showed to Luffy that his Gear 4 is not the answer to every fight. If Zoro was somewhere on the island after this chapter I would've thought that he will be the one to defeat Cracker but now I really don't know how this will end
If Luffy had his whole crew with him I would still think that Big Mom's crew would beat them down. The SHs simply aren't at Emperor crew level yet. The fact that Luffy doesn't have his strongest 2 crew mates with him means that this arc will be resolved some other way than brute force.

The Cracker fight just got a lot more interesting now that his true form is out and he revealed that he can't tolerate pain (or just doesn't like it). I wonder how far that goes, since he even said he hates needles. I think the odds are now in favor of Luffy finding a way to make Cracker retreat based on some silly pain intolerance thing, like throwing a beehive at him or something like that. No matter what happens, I don't see this fight ending in a solid victory. Like you said, I think Cracker is more of a match for Zoro in the future.

It's also worth noting that Cracker has already faced some kind of injury based on his facial scar so I wonder how that plays into his pain intolerance. We probably need to know more about his character before he's down and out of the story.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 18:42   Link #25
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I actually liked the fake cracker character design better, it just seemed more unique. His actual form reminds me of a mix between Bellamy and Ceaser Clown's eyes and mouth.

I'm actually more interested in what appears to be some kind of bloodline ability/skill the Vinsmokes have...

Sanji has the ability to generate fire and imbue his kicks with that ability.
We saw that his father can also do the same thing with electricity, and this chapter appears to hint that "electric blue" Niji can also do the same. "Sparking red" Ichiji sounds like he has an ability that matches Sanji's, but of course he uses his hands and weapons so I'm interested to see how a fight would play out.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 20:06   Link #26
SeanQ

pour water on cracker?
Old 2016-09-02, 05:04   Link #27
Gilly

I doubt Chopper and Carrot can get out of the mirror dimension on their own or drag Sanji in it. However, they are able to communicate with the outside world. There is hope.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 06:09   Link #28
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Well, Chopper and Carrot have to figure out how to use Brulee's power for their own advantage and how to defeat Brulee by using her power as an advantage.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 08:11   Link #29
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Cracker is looking impressive, man. As expected, Big Mom's crew is no joke. I wonder if he's is the strongest commander or if the other two are even more impressive than him. Regardless, it looks like Cracker's devil fruit is crazy versatile and difficult to get around. Luffy might well run out of Gear Fourth before getting an opportunity to attack the real body. On the other hand, with Cracker having this weakness of a low pain tolerance, one good hit is all it might take to psychologically beat him. This will be an interesting battle. I also love that Chopper's proving useful here. He's one of my favorite Strawhats but has been severely underdeveloped as of late.
Old 2016-09-02, 09:36   Link #30
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Well, Chopper and Carrot have to figure out how to use Brulee's power for their own advantage and how to defeat Brulee by using her power as an advantage.
I don't think they chopper intends to beat Brulee. What i think Chopper is gonna do is use her power to scout big mom's island. Namely they can use those mirrors to find sanji. Once they are free, they'll know where they need to go. Heck they could potentially scout the island enough to avoid anymore trouble.

i think beating Brulee will actually fall on Nami
Old 2016-09-02, 12:42   Link #31
itachi-san314

^ Exactly that. Brulee's power is actually a huge detriment to Big Mom. I'm surprised this hasn't come up before with people she has trapped. It's like having a hidden camera in nearly every room on the island(s). I'm sure it isn't easy to get out, but it's still a big risk to allow people that kind of access. And we've already seen that they can convey info without having to break free.

edit: speaking of people she has trapped before, Chopper and Carrot should probably run into some of them. At least one I bet.

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2016-09-02 at 13:24.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 00:12   Link #32
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I don't think they chopper intends to beat Brulee. What i think Chopper is gonna do is use her power to scout big mom's island. Namely they can use those mirrors to find sanji. Once they are free, they'll know where they need to go. Heck they could potentially scout the island enough to avoid anymore trouble.

Nami doesn't know how to power actually works even she is the one that was be able to defeat Brulee later but i guess the top contributions to defeat Brulee is Chopper and Carrot while Nami is just an executor.

Chopper has to know the weak point and taking advantage inside mirror world and then relay the information to Nami.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 09:27   Link #33
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Yeah, I was thinking this, as well. Besides, I think it's a good match-up seeing as Brulee specializes in illusions..... and remember, Nami has an illusion-based technique as well (Fata Morgana). Besides, it's been a while since Nami had a boss fight (and would be quite welcome since Robin got cheated out of a proper boss fight at Dressrosa)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
A food based Devil Fruit. Who else had food based powers or is this the first time we see this phenomenon?

Well, it's not exactly canon, but one of the movie villains (the 4th one, I believe) had something like a candy-based DF. Like a jelly power, I think. Otherwise, I think Cracker is the first guy in the manga with an ability based off food (and while Wapol has a power based on eating, it's not exactly the same thing)....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 10:08   Link #34
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 838
Cracker vs. Luffy is entertaining. Has for Cracker I like his ability to create constructs. I think that is one of the coolest powers ever. Having constructs fight for you is the best way to go especially in video games. Has for Cracker he has shown repetition in his fighting already. This is twice in one chapter that he has hide behind his constructs and then attacked. He has only succeeded once with this tactic. Has for Luffy the best way to destroy the summoner is to go after the cracker and not the constructs. Luffy has the advantage in my opinion because he is a warrior and Cracker looks like he is depending heavily on his constructs.

Theory
Right now a recurring theme is happening on big Mama's Island. That is everyone seems connected to Big Mama in some way. First example is the souls the citizens give to stay on the island. Second animals and the objects that are given life or human personality. Now my question, what kind of connection does Big Mama have with all of her Top fighters like the sweet commander?

I ask this question because there is one thing bothering me. Its chapter 836 page 7. Cracker displayed haki like abilities and Luffy said it wasn't haki. Everything created by Big Mama's powers were affected, but Pound, Nami, and Luffy weren't affected. Naturally I know Nami and Luffy can resist the King Haki but Pound is a person I consider who would be affected by the King Haki. I wonder to what extent or capabilities does Big Mama have with her devil fruit? Can she transfer Haki to her crew? Can she extend the life of the crew and her own if she takes from the citizens?

The power could be limitless now that she has millions of citizens willing to trade a piece of their life for stability. Her power shows great potential if she can store that ability up for later fights or events.

Finally Nami has been waving Lola's Vivi Card around for couple of chapters. I wonder what would happen if Luffy had that card on him? Like what kind of affects would it have on Cracker. Would it cripple him? Would it interfere with any kind of enhancements he is getting from big mama if he is getting any at all? Basically you would be using Big Mama's powers against her and that is what Nami is doing to the creatures in the woods.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote