Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-08-24, 13:50   Link #1561
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Are you speaking from an out of universe perspective or an in-universe perspective?
Both, really. And it is not unusual for a race to suddenly look inwards when they realise they are not alone in the universe, and that they felt threatened by their position in the world. They might dream of the good old days of yore and think following old laws would reverse everything.
Old 2016-08-24, 16:48   Link #1562
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Actually, when Gramia did his big Nuremburg rally speech, we saw several female Windermeran soldiers (episode 11, roundabout at 12:10).
Some of these folks?

Images
Those folk.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There are single runes, but most of them are on payot like the males usually have instead of up on the forehead like the females do. The visible runes also generally diamond-shaped.

Nothing else is readily apparent for sex confirmation due to the low level of detail and this not being a hentai.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-24, 17:03   Link #1563
magnuskn

Look at the scene in motion. There are some female chests in that crowd.
Old 2016-08-24, 17:20   Link #1564
Gravitas Free Zone

The person at the second from left and second from the bottom position is a possibility, but I wouldn't walk into a bar there and try to pick anyone up based on the evidence presented here.
Old 2016-08-24, 17:25   Link #1565
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
The person at the second from left and second from the bottom position is a possibility, but I wouldn't walk into a bar there and try to pick anyone up based on the evidence presented here.
Maybe all women soldiers have a requirement of being flat-chested.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-24, 17:32   Link #1566
Gravitas Free Zone

Rune count and/or type are still all male, as far as we know.

On the general topic, I can see female Windermerans functioning in support roles in their military, but not in direct combat. Our society can absorb the losses, theirs has a serious time issue and most likely wouldn't take the risks to their population.
Old 2016-08-25, 08:35   Link #1567
mwac

Figured I would post this.
Spoiler:

The reason why the pacing is so different is because this was originally supposed to be 13 episodes plus a movie conclusion.
mwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 08:46   Link #1568
RDNexus

Could someone please translate the whole thing?
Sounds like interesting intel about the story's planning.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 10:57   Link #1569
magnuskn

lolwut? So, to add padding, they added all those conspiracies?

OMG. Well, looking forward to the clusterfuck which the conclusion will probably be.
Old 2016-08-25, 16:39   Link #1570
mwac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Could someone please translate the whole thing?
Sounds like interesting intel about the story's planning.
Nemoto
Originally it was supposed to be made up one cour and a movie. I recall it being around the time that we were working on the scenario for the fourth episode that it became a 2 cour show.
Still, the scenario for the first cour had momentum so we proceeded to make it into two cours in a way that that would build up from it.
We did have some vague ideas about what to do in a movie, so we filled that in for two cours.
mwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 18:41   Link #1571
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwac View Post
Nemoto
Originally it was supposed to be made up one cour and a movie. I recall it being around the time that we were working on the scenario for the fourth episode that it became a 2 cour show.
Still, the scenario for the first cour had momentum so we proceeded to make it into two cours in a way that that would build up from it.
We did have some vague ideas about what to do in a movie, so we filled that in for two cours.
Because of this, I wonder if a movie or two will follow the final episode like it did Frontier in order to recompile the series into a fluid story.

Right now, it's a jumbled mess of characters and plots and is not focusing on any one thing.

That said, episodes 1 through 13 were nicely done; everything after has been one hell of a massive ride. How it ends will dictate if I call it's ending a train-wreck or not. Guess I'll find out.
Old 2016-08-27, 12:32   Link #1572
Gravitas Free Zone

Useful notes from the BD of Episode 4: Bandai translates what we've been getting as "Starwind Sector" as "the Domain of the Wind."
Old 2016-08-27, 20:09   Link #1573
Thess

Uh, I think the real reason why we haven't seen many female pilots in Windermere is the same reason we haven't seen a male Walkure member. Walkure are eyecandy for male audience while Windermere pilots for female audience? It's nothing about being sexism or anything or they've insulted Mirage in episode 8 or what not.

Unless you're going to argue that Chaos is discriminating against male singers with fold receptors. It's just how to nicely break down the main fanservice roles, IMO.

Quote:
Spoiler:

The reason why the pacing is so different is because this was originally supposed to be 13 episodes plus a movie conclusion.
I was going to post this. It certainly explains a couple of things about the second half. Look at episode 14 vs episode 13 and you can tell they just added that as a filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
lolwut? So, to add padding, they added all those conspiracies?

OMG. Well, looking forward to the clusterfuck which the conclusion will probably be.
Pretty much. I can't wait for Mirage's ugly pet and Freyja's phone conspiracy that will take up all episode 25! Anyway, the main storyline seemed to have been the resonance stuff (because it was in the ED) and they stretched it just because. I have absolutely no clue how they are going to satisfyingly wrap up all the stuff they randomly pulled.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 20:59   Link #1574
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Spoiler:

For reference, it was discovered that this is on page 38 of the booklet that comes with BD volume 2.
Old 2016-08-30, 02:46   Link #1575
Random14

So basically they turned one movie into a season? So that's why the pacing has been so awful in the second half. Wonder if that means movie plans are permanently cancelled or if they'll still do compilation movies later on.

I almost wish they would have had more random dream/flashback episodes like what happened to Hikaru in one episode back in SDFM. Though at least even that dream episode sort of worked as character development.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 11:37   Link #1576
HirouKeimou

Previews for the next episode are out on the official website.

Translation of summary via Google Translate:
Quote:
Exit the fold gate from the planet Aruvuheimu , Δ platoon and the Valkyrie who finally landed in the land of Windermere . In order to destroy the proto- culture system in the resonance reaction by the tactics live , it aims to Windermere of Imperial City Derwent -
From this preview, it's interesting how Hayate is "blending in" and Mirage is not.
Spoiler for He has runes LOL:

Sounds like it'll be an infiltration like Voldor.
Old 2016-09-02, 12:39   Link #1577
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
Previews for the next episode are out on the official website.

Translation of summary via Google Translate:

From this preview, it's interesting how Hayate is "blending in" and Mirage is not.

Sounds like it'll be an infiltration like Voldor.
How do you know Mirage is not blending in you can't see the top of her head where the females normally have their runes like Freyja??
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 12:43   Link #1578
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
How do you know Mirage is not blending in you can't see the top of her head where the females normally have their runes like Freyja??
Obviously you did not pay attention to what I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
I never said she isn't; I only said from the preview, all we can see is Hayate is.
Old 2016-09-02, 12:43   Link #1579
lfhoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Well, if you remember the first bit of the BD vol.1 omake: if the stray sea kitties were less than impressed with Mirage's attempt at "runes", do you think that native Windermerians would react any differently?
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 12:48   Link #1580
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoule View Post
Well, if you remember the first bit of the BD vol.1 omake: if the stray sea kitties were less than impressed with Mirage's attempt at "runes", do you think that native Windermerians would react any differently?
I'm not even going to touch this one.

I'd be more interested to see if Hayate can pull it off given how he once called it a "horn" all the time.