AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-08-27, 14:59   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Forced to form a harem

Simply thought this is an interesting concept that's come up recently: are there some good examples where the hero is encouraged or required to form a harem? Not like To Love-ru Darkness where the harem already exists and the guy's just being encouraged to pursue actual romance, but rather something like Magika: Swordsman and Summoner. In this series, magic has returned to the world and selected girls are contracted to "divas" to act as summoners and help maintain the peace against mages who can only be controlled with summons and other magic. One boy is selected out of nowhere, and the contracted diva is not one of the 72 that made an agreement with the government, but rather a unique diva with the power to control and access the magic of all other divas, so long as her contractor has a sufficient bond with one of said divas' contractors. The diva, who calls herself Lemegeton, informs her contractor that a great calamity is coming and the only way to stop it is with a combination of all 72 divas' magic, something that can only be done if he has a very powerful romantic, or even more powerful platonic, bond with all seventy-two contractors. In other words, if he doesn't forge a huge harem the world is doomed. I'm thus looking for similar plots where, for one reason or another, the hero has no choice but to try and win the hearts of multiple women. I can already think of a couple: in Date A Live, Shidou has to seduce any new Spirit to appear, in order to protect the world; in KamiNomi, not only does Keima have to seduce numerous girls over a few months, he has to actually create and maintain a legitimate romantic love in seven of them in order to prevent the earth from being turned into a literal second Hell.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 16:45   Link #2
Tenzen12

Negima
Campione
Strike the blood

come to mind
Old 2016-09-05, 08:50   Link #3
all_flying

Umi no Misaki
Protagonist was "forced" to engage in a relationship with three maidens for <spoiler> reason. Each girl has much deeper and special relationship with protag and between themselves. And not just a tacky harem with shallow relationship like anything you've ever seen. <Small amount of H scene>

Minamoto-kun Monogatari
A modernization of "Genji Monogatari" (the first Japanese harem guy). Our protag was being forced to do a (serious) parody of Genji Monogatari by his aunt for research purpose. <large amount of H scene>

Trinity Seven
I kinda forgot what it was all about but something like TWGOK: The Goddess Arc... I think. But he was not forced to... kinda... sort of.

Abnormal-kei Joshi
This is much more twisted harem series because most girls are batshit insane. And the protagonist has to attend all of them otherwise they'll kill more people or his life will be in danger or his girl (and his imouto) will be in danger or they'll start to kill each other.

Maga-Tsuki
He has to, otherwise he dies or calamity happens or that other deity dies. And something about fulfilling promise. And also, the girls are holding his soul.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari
The Ring King has to defeat Sauron using other rings possessed by girls. You know the drill.

Last and also least:
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara
Spoiler:
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 10:32   Link #4
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Now reading Maga-Tsuki and will look through the others. So far I don't see how the guy is forced to gather a group of girls and form a "harem"-like group, but I do see how he is forced to be close to specific girls at different times. Actually, this is also a really great fit for another request I made a long time ago, for a story with a pair who are unable to separate, like B Shock or Double Arts (which was unfortunately discontinued).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote