AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-03, 14:18   Link #321
RDNexus

Erm... Given that Hatsune acquired the power of Yoshitsune through his scroll, wouldn't that mean that Masatsugu acquired the power of Hijikata through his sword?
I remember reading that some heroes resurrected through the prayers while others remained in the items that could give powers to Chevaliers.
Of course, I may be wrong.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 14:23   Link #322
firespier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Erm... Given that Hatsune acquired the power of Yoshitsune through his scroll, wouldn't that mean that Masatsugu acquired the power of Hijikata through his sword?
I remember reading that some heroes resurrected through the prayers while others remained in the items that could give powers to Chevaliers.
Of course, I may be wrong.
yes he gets the power of using the swordsmanship through the fact that he mastered the sword
firespier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 14:29   Link #323
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx-93 View Post
I don't see any reason to think that it might be Hijikata? (except maybe the "cruel-looking" part). Given that Kasaneda seems to be perfectly happy with Masatsugu and hasn't shown any reaction to his true bearer being alive, I don't think it's too likely

EDIT: Ninja'd

Spoiler for Ideas:
Spoiler for spoil in identity:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 16:27   Link #324
wghokay

Quote:
Spoiler for Ideas:
Spoiler for Masatsugu's age:
wghokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 16:50   Link #325
Marx-93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Spoiler for spoil in identity:
Oh, I could add something about that. I've read some parts (concretely the free ones in google books) of "Subotai the Valiant", a book about him (it's not the best historical paper/book ever, but it's not pop history either).

Subutai, as Jelme's little brother, was appointed as the guard of the door of Genghis tent. It seems that it was from this position, overhearing Genghis and his generals as they planned their campaigns, that he learned most about strategy and tactics. Soon enough (when he was still a junior officer) he was participating in those meeting and Genghis valued his input a great deal.

Still, you are completely right about not being super-skilled in a battle. While with his advise and some heroic deeds he had proved himself worthy of a promotion, Genghis doubted to promote him to a field commander, as he feared he was too inexperienced and not that good fighting. While this fears were soon gone, as Subutai's tactical acumen overcame them, it's true that he was never renowned for his fighting prowess. Funnily enough, the book even compares him with Jebe, remarking that Jebe was a dashing and extremely brave Mongolian commander, a proven fighter and leader in comparison to Subutai's youthfulness and lack of experience commanding. The book literally says:

Quote:
Jebe Noyan was a dashing, personally courageous commander with the heart of a gambler when it came to risky stratagems. He had fought against Genghis in the early days, and had proven his physical courage repeatedly in the tribal wars. Subotai, on the other hand, although having fought in command of small units during the tribal wars, seems to have been chosen for senior command primarily on the basis of his intellectual acumen in military matters.
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 23:27   Link #326
zzhk
Summary Machine

Jebe is written ジェベ in katakana, which would be three characters.

But I think ╳╳╳ is just meant to be a generic placeholder without indication of name length or syllable count.

As for the incompetent/resentful liege, as I've said previously, it was simply speculation on Masatsugu's part based on his fragments of memories depicting poorly supplied cavalry.

Also, I don't think simply telling Masatsugu his name would be enough to fix his condition. His missing name is more a symptom of his incomplete soul and memories, so more will need to be done.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 17:44   Link #327
Ratedhook522

Anybody have any spoilers for volume 5? Namely what the images show such as the haughty girl sitting on what looks to be a throne smirking down on someone unseen or what's to happen in this volume since unfortunately I can't find the raws for this.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 20:29   Link #328
zzhk
Summary Machine

That's the Japanese Empress, Teruhime, who has an inferiority complex against Shiori.

Because Lord Tenryuu refused to listen to her wish for a Resurrectee, she unsealed the "demon" Taira no Masakado.
Old 2016-09-10, 21:06   Link #329
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
That's the Japanese Empress, Teruhime, who has an inferiority complex against Shiori.

Because Lord Tenryuu refused to listen to her wish for a Resurrectee, she unsealed the "demon" Taira no Masakado.
I spent thirty seconds on his wiki page and I can already tell how that's gonna play out....
Old 2016-09-10, 21:10   Link #330
Ratedhook522

Currently what is going on in volume 5 with the empress and what role is Shiori playing in this volume?? Who is the empress looking down at as shown in the picture?

Last edited by Ratedhook522; 2016-09-10 at 21:39.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 00:12   Link #331
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Why did Tenryuu refused? Lack of power to do so?
Old 2016-09-11, 00:42   Link #332
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Also, is it me or does Black Prince-kun seem rather interested in Shiori? He always compliments her like he did when he was issuing orders for her capture or like in volume 3's epilogue. Well, she does attract interest from all sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Why did Tenryuu refused? Lack of power to do so?
Maybe simply because he didn't find her worthy enough. Shiori, while trying be as objective as possible, has noted that she has all the good qualities the Empress herself lacks, which may be part of the reason why the Empress' followers despise her.

There is also the fact that Shiori has strongly inherited Tenryuu's blood.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 02:16   Link #333
dullman

Hmm so it's the same author as Campione??
So let me ask one thing is the writing style similar to Campione?? I Mean i liked first volume of Campione but after reading to 10 I was feeling like I'm reading for the tenth time first volume, all volumes, events etc. was so similar to previous ones that i do drop the series, the only ones which different volumes was a female characters but volumes focused on battles mainly and those were similar in every vol. So my question is the author writing matured, or we get the same thing in every volume similar to Campione?? I ask because i thought about starting reading.
dullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 03:18   Link #334
Marx-93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts:
Spoiler for My thoughts:

On other notes, I'm actually a bit disappointed that girl is Teruhime. I was half-expecting a sweet girl whose only reason for hating Shiori was a crippling (and kinda understandable) inferiority complex and because of it a dependency on the ladies of the Court (who would be the real harlots).

And Tenryuu seems to actually care for his "granddaughters", so I wouldn't put it past him to only grant a ressurrectee to Shiori in order to force the Empress to accept her and work together.
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 04:15   Link #335
setsuna86

Quote:
Spoiler for My thoughts:

On other notes, I'm actually a bit disappointed that girl is Teruhime. I was half-expecting a sweet girl whose only reason for hating Shiori was a crippling (and kinda understandable) inferiority complex and because of it a dependency on the ladies of the Court (who would be the real harlots).

And Tenryuu seems to actually care for his "granddaughters", so I wouldn't put it past him to only grant a ressurrectee to Shiori in order to force the Empress to accept her and work together.
Well, I don't know much about this series, but from what I read, this is what I think: The problem isn't that Tenryuu granted a ressurectee to Shiori and not to Teruhime. It depends on their ability to communicate with Tenryuu. And in this case, Shiori's is far higher than Teruhime as she has inherited more of the blood of Tenryuu (to the point that her hair turns platinum) than Teruhime, thus her ability to "clearly" communicate with him is higher.

Well something like that. I don't know if I phrase it correctly though.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 04:29   Link #336
bakapervert
A pervert

It could also be a matter of their lifeforce. Shiori seem like she have much power and lifeforce to live for more than a hundred year. Yet Tenryuu only give her amnesiac ressurectee so she won't have too much of her life got taken. Tenryuu might be ignoring Teruhime because listening to her wish might take too much of her life.
Old 2016-09-11, 04:34   Link #337
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
It could also be a matter of their lifeforce. Shiori seem like she have much power and lifeforce to live for more than a hundred year. Yet Tenryuu only give her amnesiac ressurectee so she won't have too much of her life got taken. Tenryuu might be ignoring Teruhime because listening to her wish might take too much of her life.
Well, that's what I mean by inheriting more of the blood of Tenryuu, meaning that she has more lifeforce than Teruhime, so that even if shaved a little, she'll still live a long life.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 07:29   Link #338
zzhk
Summary Machine

Well, the life force theory was only speculation on Masatsugu's part, so who knows. As it turns out, someone had taught Shiori the Resurrectee summoning ritual, and they were the ones responsible for sealing away Masatsugu's memories.

Volume 4 is mostly a transitional volume. In true Liu Bei fashion, Shiori plans on keeping Hakone with no intention of returning it to Kanto. Wei Qing sees through her but does not intervene. After capturing Hakone, Masatsugu returns to Suruga to run the school festival and beauty contest. Then Edward and Richard attack Hakone, but are repelled by the joint forces of Wei Qing and Hatsune. After the battle, they hold a secret hot spring gathering and chat through the night.

Of course, the juicy details and the surprise revelations are what matter the most in this series, but please wait patiently for the full translations.
Old 2016-09-12, 11:58   Link #339
Natsume01

^Oh, it's getting interesting. Seems like the author finally managed to create his "male" fanservice.

If I understood correctly the reason you stopped translating is because there isn't a chinese version of v04, is that right?

So did you manage to find one, or is it being translated? (I'm saying this since you posted spoilers for it, but maybe you just read those spoilers in chinese and "translated" it for us.)

Well anyway, thanks for your amazing work on v01-v03.
Natsume01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 03:51   Link #340
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Does Shiori knows how to unseal Masatsugu? There'll be a time that she'll need his full powers, especially when going up against the likes of Caesar (which is inevitable, if she aims to reclaim Japan's independence).

Tags
harem, mecha, politics