AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-27, 04:29   Link #401
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Claw seems to think otherwise...and their boss is coming to town! On next Christmas, because he is probably evil Santa.

Pretty good season, so much character development for everyone; Teru turned over a new leaf after his Mob encounter, Ritsu got over his angst and became the reliable little brother that Mob has always looked up to, Reigen revealed that there is a good side to him under all the shameless spirit scamming business and Mob is now surrounded by people who will share his everyday burdens.

See you again when S2 begins!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 08:44   Link #402
Sixth
Hu Tao

Awesome finale. The 100% gratitude was so different from other emotion powers. I thought that mob will go super saiyan route but it turned out to be better route, making Reigen a mystic.

This is the difference between Reigen and Mob, Teru and Ritsu in this episode. Ritsu, Mob and Teru are definitely will end the conflict between Claw thru brute force, while Reigen with power was simply playing defensive game, and broke them with words once they were realized that they cannot hurt Reigen. It works so well on them, umm..well except the grandfather child who was extremely stubborn.

The grandfather child really has a neat technique. Love how he was able to change his weight and use his body as offensive. Really a creative way of using gravity-based power.

I guess that Sho is really lived up to his own hype. He was strong for a teenager. It seems that he has different goal than his father. He seems so happy to see Claw Division 7 turned out to be a failure. He was actually found that Ritsu is a better candidate to be his underling than those manchild claw espers. Season 2 WHEN?

Seriously, I am starting to think that Mob's parent is not normal people. They were either a badass espers in the past or simply retard for not being impressed or proud that both of their child were a freaking esper!!!!

and the most interesting part that I found in this episode was Tenga for not holding a grudge on Ritsu and the prez. Their loathesome action was actually made Tenga realized that he was emotionally weak and hated by his surrounding. Instead of moping with it, he was decided to move on and focus to become a better person. I am not sure whether he was a strong person at the core or the Body Improvement members were really bro enough to "save" him emotionally and changed him to better person but I really respect him now.

It was too bad that Tsubomi has such a little screentime despite that she was Mob's crush. Even the Mezato has more screentime than her despite being minor character.

As for the final section of the episode, I am starting to think that Reigen is never care much about money. He was literally ignored Tsuchinoko in front of him for the mushroom he gathered.

Overall, Mob psycho 100 is really a solid anime in this season. I love every episode of it,and the opening theme was the best opening I ever seen in this year.

Hmmm...maybe I should read manga now....since I don't think Season 2 will come soon enough.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 08:45   Link #403
DemonneoPT

It really surprised me. I was expecting Mob to go full berserk against the Claw dudes, yet fucking Reigen unintentionally and unaware at first, took Mob's powers instead and gives one of the most hilarious talks ever while still beating the crap out of them . Like MCAL said, this was indeed "hilariously anti-climatic. And awesome.". Unexpected plot twist is 1000% unexpected! I was smiling the entire episode. Well done! Both Bones and the author are amazing. A big thank you for this!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 08:48   Link #404
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What a way to end a magnificent series. Hoping for a second season.

Reigen's talking skills is what makes him an excellent con man. And motivational speaker. Well at least he has psychic powers now, however weak that is.

I knew that kid is something big. His dad is Claw's big boss.

Teru is assembling The Avengersa team to fight Claw, I'm excited for that development.

10/10 overall.
Old 2016-09-27, 08:59   Link #405
Yamada II

Episode 12

Oh my god that was awesome! Reigan is just too awesome. Slapping Shigeo who had just reaches 100% transfered all that power to Reigan and he went wild showing off his maturity and how much of an adult he is compared to those children in front of him with shoulder pads and plastic swords. He obliterated the seventh division and even pissed off the leader by taking off his mask. And god dammit there was an old man underneath that mask!

Anyway, Reigan tells those bad guys that they're just mere humans no different than anyone else who just happen to be good at something. Reigan gets them off their high horses by telling them that they just got their asses kicked by a commoner who has no desire to take over the world or even hurt anyone for that matter. They're nothing but commoners and are a small bunch out of the billions of people on earth. They should first stop acting like kids and take a look at how many people give a damn about them and their organization. People couldn't care less about a small bunch of kids who want to take over the world despite not having seen the world. It's all just their impossible childish dream and they should face reality instead of staying delusional like this. Reigan is a con artist through and through but he says some awesome stuff and does some amazing things. He drags those guys out of their delusions and forces them to face reality. I love this bastard.

The fight scenes were sugoi. The division leader beating Reigan with his excessive force punches was great. The kid beating the division leader was also pretty cool. It had scenes which reminded me of Saitama vs Boros. The animation has been stellar to the very end. And they just had to show the kid's father as the Claw boss. God dammit! Second season when?!

This show has been nothing less than outstanding. I wouldn't compare this to OPM because I believe both are completely different animes. Mob is an interesting character and we have Reigan to thank for that. Reigan made Mob into the pacifist he is now. Reigan helped Mob control his powers. If it weren't for Reigan, Mob might have fought Teru and could have killed the division head here because he would have felt threatened and he's obviously not the kind of guy who wouldn't fight if there was nothing holding him back and he was threatened (the reason why he blew up with murderous intent in the last episode). Because of Reigan, Shigeo doesn't believe that fighting is the answer to anything. Shigeo didn't want to use his powers much anyway, but Reigan played a big part in making Shigeo who he is now. I really liked how they pushed forward the notion that having psychic powers makes you no better than someone who is good at studying or good at sports. And it applies to everything. It goes against what we see in many animes where the main character has nothing good about him/her except for some power or whatever and that's enough to make him/her special. Shigeo wants to be popular but he isn't using his powers to achieve that because that's not what makes you popular or special. They also trash the idea of world domination by an organization of power wielders or whatever who are rejected by society or something and dismiss it as a child's dream who hasn't even seen the world or know about it enough. They give a different view of many things seen typically in other shows.

The relationship between Shigeo and Ritsu was also shown quite nicely. Both brothers look up to each other in the end. They look up to each other as ideals and want to become like them despite coming off as opposites to everyone who sees them. And Shigeo really cares about Ritsu which is shown by how he bows down in apology to all those goons in that alley and how he goes on to apologize to the school punk too. Lol how Shigeo passed out immediately after Ritsu said that he's the strongest.

Mob Psycho 100 had a lot of stuff to show and it showed it all brilliantly. I had expectations from it because it was from the mangaka of OPM (which was outstanding) and because of Bones, and this surpassed my expectations. It really outdid itself. The story was amazing, the characters brilliant, the animation was superb, the character designs aren't exactly visually appealing but it's really a minor thing. This show was brilliant and I'll be waiting for a sequel.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 11:52   Link #406
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Seriously, I am starting to think that Mob's parent is not normal people. They were either a badass espers in the past or simply retard for not being impressed or proud that both of their child were a freaking esper!!!!
in a world where the girl you like leaves you DESPITE your psychic powers, i dont see why parents must give a fu about their childs beings espers, it is not like they are actually doing something with their powers in the first place (aside from the evil-organization-crushing )
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 12:03   Link #407
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Think Harry Potter, his foster family downright hated his magical nature. Mob bending spoons may be cool, but it is rather inconvenient if you think about it. That's the kind of behavior that seems to be actually normal in the world; cue Reigen, Tsubomi, even Mob himself. Espers are just meh :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 12:08   Link #408
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maybe the fact that Mob is such a humble, decent kid is because he was raised by humble, decent parents who care more about the fact that he's their son that that he's an esper.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 12:13   Link #409
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was amazing. Like most people, I totally expected Mob to go berserk given the way last week's episode ended, but instead, he unconsciously transferred his powers to Reigen and he was the one who did the ass-kicking (and lecturing!) instead.

Truly an awesome finale.
Old 2016-09-28, 04:52   Link #410
IceHism

Ohh such pretty animation. Maybe anime should just be made with this artstyle since it seems like it's easier to animate and choreograph this style. I'm sure there is more animation talent than just this staff

Nice finale and my respect for reigen increased just a bit. Mob should have talked with tsubomi just once at the end though. Besides how pretty the fight scenes are, they were pretty boring for me. Rip. Especially ep 12. 9-11 fight scenes were pretty decent though.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 06:57   Link #411
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
in a world where the girl you like leaves you DESPITE your psychic powers, i dont see why parents must give a fu about their childs beings espers, it is not like they are actually doing something with their powers in the first place (aside from the evil-organization-crushing )
Plus, I am not even sure whether the parents were treating Mob good. So far, all I saw was his mother keep nagging on Mob for bending the spoon.

I wish we will learn more about Mob's family status. I think Mob became like this is mainly his parents's fault.
Old 2016-09-28, 07:27   Link #412
AntonKutovoi

Well, if Mob had a different parents, he probably would turn into Saiki Kusuo
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 11:41   Link #413
The One Above God
Kamijou

^Saiki Kusou is pretty much Saitama+Mob .

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 12:14   Link #414
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Plus, I am not even sure whether the parents were treating Mob good. So far, all I saw was his mother keep nagging on Mob for bending the spoon.

I wish we will learn more about Mob's family status. I think Mob became like this is mainly his parents's fault.
currently we cant say anything about mobs parents, actually, the nagging for the spoon proves forme that the parents treat mob like a normal child, they dont seem to be scared or irritated
this is also why i dont think that mob was treated bad, exspecially considring that his little borther wanted psychic powers too (which could have resulted in the parents treating him bad too but it didnt seem to be anything like that),

why do you think the parents are at fault? if anything, it is simply a natural thing, mob didnt want to hurt anybody and didnt use his powers, he is socially awkward and has little competence if it comes to common sense (as we saw with the laugh-cult), so his abilitys cound themselfes to his emotions (or epser powers are naturally tied to emotion idk) and caused his 100% modes, not sure how the parents could have caused that :/ (maybe indirectly by not giving mob enough focus but which parent does know all the worries of their child? )
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 13:16   Link #415
Chichiryuushintei

His parents seem to be pretty okay people. The mom berates him (VERY lightly I might say), but the dad seems aware he can't control it. In the end, they just leave him be who he is.

Plus, the main theme of this series is that powers don't make you special. So it's not a surprise most people treat him normally.
Old 2016-09-28, 21:01   Link #416
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

It was specifically stated that in Mob's world, espers are quite common. So I think people are already used to them.
Old 2016-09-28, 23:05   Link #417
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
It was specifically stated that in Mob's world, espers are quite common. So I think people are already used to them.
Supernatural are common in Mob world but society does not aware the esper existence. If people knows then Supernatural club would already believe to Mob when he said he could flown an objects and they would not found any problem to search Espers.
Mob parent doesn't aware with Esper existence, they are just simply dense or retards.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 23:40   Link #418
skaianDestiny

One thing to note about how Mob is treated by his parents: Mob sleeps on a futon. Ritsu sleeps on an actual bed.
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 23:55   Link #419
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
currently we cant say anything about mobs parents, actually, the nagging for the spoon proves forme that the parents treat mob like a normal child, they dont seem to be scared or irritated
this is also why i dont think that mob was treated bad, exspecially considring that his little borther wanted psychic powers too (which could have resulted in the parents treating him bad too but it didnt seem to be anything like that),

why do you think the parents are at fault? if anything, it is simply a natural thing, mob didnt want to hurt anybody and didnt use his powers, he is socially awkward and has little competence if it comes to common sense (as we saw with the laugh-cult), so his abilitys cound themselfes to his emotions (or epser powers are naturally tied to emotion idk) and caused his 100% modes, not sure how the parents could have caused that :/ (maybe indirectly by not giving mob enough focus but which parent does know all the worries of their child? )
I felt that his parents neglected him and keep comparing him with Ritsu, and that actions were indirectly made Mob developed an inferior complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
I doubt it was common or else everyone won't went crazy, especially those Psycho Helmet Club members, and were desperately looking for their god aka Mob. Heck, even Mezuto was treating Mob as the second coming. Not to mention all those commoners that awakened by Claw think they were destined to do big just because they can light a lighter-fire with their index finger.

You guys could said that Mob's parents were so used to Mob so they stop being surprised or impressed, but how about his ex-classmate? They were aware that young Mob was an esper and it was said everyone in the past knew him was an esper, but then forgot or don't care about that until Mob decided to show his power again by lifting those dumbbell.

Either those people around Mob at that time was dumb, or esper power was supposed to be"common" or the writer doesn't realized that he wrote a contradiction here.

...Oh man, I really wish some kind of evil spirit such as Espada from Bleach attacking Mob at his school, so all those girls can see the Rage Mode Mob in action.
Old 2016-09-29, 00:15   Link #420
kakakka

It's normal for parents to have favourites and not to treat their children equally. But I don't think that that automatically means neglect.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote