AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-10-26, 00:08   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 844 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Here we go! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the spoiler summary:

-Chapter title is "Luffy vs. Sanji". No splash info yet.

-Sanji heats up his legs, then kicks Luffy, knocking him back. However, the rubber pirate is still standing firm. He shouts that he has no intention of fighting back, but when Sanji once again tells him to leave, he says he can't accept the current situation. Nami tries to talk sense into Sanji as well, but Luffy stops her, telling her not to intervene.... as this is a duel.

-Sanji goes on the full offensive, kicking Luffy until the rubber man is eventually knocked down. As Sanji turns to leave, Nami catches up to him, and... smacks him! She then tells him farewell, and apologizes for being a burden to him. When he attempts to leave again, Luffy shouts out once more, asking him if he really thought those kicks were enough to get rid of him. For he knows.... that despite that barrage of kicks that were delivered, the one TRULY in pain was Sanji himself. Tears fall from the cook's eyes as he hears his companion's words....

-Luffy continues, telling him that he'll wait for Sanji's return before continuing their journey. And if the cook doesn't come back? He's willing to let himself starve to death, as he'll only accept food cooked by Sanji. As Mr. Prince sheds more tears during his departure, Luffy tells him to be sure to return, as without him around, he truly cannot become the Pirate King....!!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 00:21   Link #2
WyrdMonger

True bonds...

Luffy... Stomp the s#% out of Judge and his f$&kimg ambitions. Stomp this whole wedding. Omfact eat that cake to piss off Big Mom.
And Nami... See if you can get Zeus and Promehteus to attack her instead.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 02:20   Link #3
n0m@n
C-Z

Luffy really was acting like a Captain. It's good how it's not a serious fight between the two.

But Sanji. Having the future Pirate King say that much. Luffy really has high hopes in him. Though Sanji has too much reasons for his actions. On the other hand....

Ussop who was beaten till pulp when he was acting like a moron in Water7 arc where Luffy's words to him at the end was "there's no way Ussop can beat him" and simply gave him Going Merry. Even after more than 10 years I still can't come to like Ussop that much due to that fight lol.
Old 2016-10-26, 04:20   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

It was really a touching one anyway and yes, Luffy already decide that he want to eat the food that Sanji made it.

Still, i wonder how Pudding will keep her word here anyway since this is a critical mission anyway. I hope Nami can still goes to where the Red Poneglyph is and copy it since she has another objective aside of rescuing Sanji.

Anyone can wonder what if the Red Poneglyph is at Brulee's mirror world?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 05:40   Link #5
bonsobon

So according to the wording of the spoilers it sounds like Luffy is planning to not get involved anymore with Sanji's situation. Does this mean that Luffy's involvement in this arc is over? He seems pretty resolved in waiting until he comes back, and seems to trust Sanji enough to allow him to solve his situation by himself.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 07:58   Link #6
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
So according to the wording of the spoilers it sounds like Luffy is planning to not get involved anymore with Sanji's situation. Does this mean that Luffy's involvement in this arc is over? He seems pretty resolved in waiting until he comes back, and seems to trust Sanji enough to allow him to solve his situation by himself.
Probably not since his squad is scattered so i guess Luffy will try to find an opening and then help Sanji out from them.

Luffy now are separated to three squad:
Brook and Pedro
Chopper and Carrot
Luffy and Nami

One of his squad will unintentionally make an opening for Luffy to bring Sanji out.

Still, i wonder what Brook and Pedro are doing right now? We haven't see them for around 5 chapter maybe?
Old 2016-10-26, 14:40   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Luffy and co. still need to get that Poneglyph from Big Mom, so I'd say he's still very much involved in this arc, Sanji or not. Maybe he just won't directly involve himself in the Vinsmoke conflict.... it really depends on how events play out, I suppose. I do think it would be pretty interesting for him to lend more of a support role as far as Sanji is concerned, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Ussop who was beaten till pulp when he was acting like a moron in Water7 arc where Luffy's words to him at the end was "there's no way Ussop can beat him" and simply gave him Going Merry. Even after more than 10 years I still can't come to like Ussop that much due to that fight lol.
Well, Usopp mainly acted out like he did then because he felt inadequate.... useless, if you will. It wasn't just about Merry. And honestly, say what you will about the guy now, I still think it was impressive that he lasted as long as he did against Luffy in that fight. Personally, I always liked Usopp, even during the times when fans were most harsh on him (even as recently as Dressrosa, when a bunch of people were pissed about him running away from Trebol, yet still managing to knock out Sugar through pure dumb luck, lol ). I'm still looking forward to his inevitable sniper battle with Van Augur!
Old 2016-10-26, 16:45   Link #8
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Probably not since his squad is scattered so i guess Luffy will try to find an opening and then help Sanji out from them.

Luffy now are separated to three squad:
Brook and Pedro
Chopper and Carrot
Luffy and Nami

One of his squad will unintentionally make an opening for Luffy to bring Sanji out.

Still, i wonder what Brook and Pedro are doing right now? We haven't see them for around 5 chapter maybe?
Brook and Pedro are busy looking for Big Mom's Road Poneglyph.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 17:21   Link #9
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Luffy and co. still need to get that Poneglyph from Big Mom, so I'd say he's still very much involved in this arc, Sanji or not. Maybe he just won't directly involve himself in the Vinsmoke conflict.... it really depends on how events play out, I suppose. I do think it would be pretty interesting for him to lend more of a support role as far as Sanji is concerned, though.

Well, Usopp mainly acted out like he did then because he felt inadequate.... useless, if you will. It wasn't just about Merry. And honestly, say what you will about the guy now, I still think it was impressive that he lasted as long as he did against Luffy in that fight. Personally, I always liked Usopp, even during the times when fans were most harsh on him (even as recently as Dressrosa, when a bunch of people were pissed about him running away from Trebol, yet still managing to knock out Sugar through pure dumb luck, lol ). I'm still looking forward to his inevitable sniper battle with Van Augur!
Really? I felt that Luffy went easy on him in that duel. Luffy was fighting himself in that duel imo. of course that's what led to the believe that ussop was dominating.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 20:24   Link #10
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Brook and Pedro are busy looking for Big Mom's Road Poneglyph.
The question is how they are going to slip through Whole Cake's airtight defenses considering now her primary territory is on red alert.

I wonder what happened if Big Mom can't take Brook's soul since Brook was naturally already dead?
Old 2016-10-27, 04:21   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Really? I felt that Luffy went easy on him in that duel. Luffy was fighting himself in that duel imo. of course that's what led to the believe that ussop was dominating.
Even if Luffy was holding back (and I don't doubt he was.... he didn't show off his Gears in that fight after all), I still think it was impressive that Usopp lasted more than a single chapter against him. I mean, even a Luffy at his base strength could knock him out in a single hit, so I'd say it's admirable he still chose to duel him despite knowing full well what he was up against. I guess I'm just saying I was more impressed by the conviction he showed more than anything.... that's one of the qualities I always liked best about our liar friend. That also reminds me: I can't wait for the Elbaf arc. I'm sure that storyline will do wonders for Usopp's development....

Anyways, going back on-topic (sorta), the cover for volume 83 is out:

^Sweet! We've got Big Mom and some of her children there (even some of the ones introduced as recently as last chapter)! I wonder if we'll get a cover with the Vinsmokes, though..... possible next volume? Hopefully, that will be the case. In the meantime, lookin' forward to that SBS!
Old 2016-10-27, 09:08   Link #12
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

looks like nami kinda figured out something's wrong by sanji's look
Old 2016-10-27, 10:43   Link #13
imza

Still not to happy about this development. I was really enjoying this arc but if it becomes Robin story line repeat, it will be lame. At least the hunger strike seems new, maybe it’s a way for Luffy to recover and Sanji to get himself out of it.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 10:47   Link #14
grecefar

loved nami bitchslap to sanji.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 11:51   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
loved nami bitchslap to sanji.
I hated it. I'm very much disappointed in Nami. How could she believe for a second Sanji had been lying to them all this time after all they've been through together?

Her apology better be really good after all this is over.
Old 2016-10-27, 12:02   Link #16
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hated it. I'm very much disappointed in Nami. How could she believe for a second Sanji had been lying to them all this time after all they've been through together?

Her apology better be really good after all this is over.
IMO Nami know that Sanji is lying, she did said that Sanji crossed the line which mean "If you're going to lied do it moderately not this damn extreme"
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 12:12   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
IMO Nami know that Sanji is lying, she did said that Sanji crossed the line which mean "If you're going to lied do it moderately not this damn extreme"
Given her reactions throughout the chapter, I'm pretty sure she only realized what was going on at the very end. She bought everything until Luffy started yelling the truth.

I think Oda wanted to contrast their reactions to make Luffy look even better, but it ended up making Nami look bad instead, since Luffy reacting that way was fully expected in the first place.
Old 2016-10-27, 12:17   Link #18
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Given her reactions throughout the chapter, I'm pretty sure she only realized what was going on at the very end. She bought everything until Luffy started yelling the truth.
I don't think so. Even when you know someone is lying and don't believe what they are saying, hearing those words, those insults and everything like that is still gonna hurt, and its still gonna make you angry
Old 2016-10-27, 12:22   Link #19
grecefar

If you're gonna lie, lie better.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 12:35   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Perhaps it's just me not having enough faith in Nami, but the faces she made (like after Sanji glared at her) and the words she said really lead me to think she was fooled by Sanji's act and that Oda was going for a "Luffy understands the member of his crew better than anyone else" thing.