Notices

Old 2016-10-27, 05:22   Link #1021
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Full colors

Spoiler for Gundam Vidar:
heh, if only it retains the old leg transformation mechanism, but time will tell if its future upgrades will have the gimmick returned, at least its not straight up purple painted or else McGillis will be instantly on high alert on the identity of its pilot,

also whoever put together the kit must be in a hurry, i mean you can clearly see seams on one of the legs, the parts not pegged flush together.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 10:15   Link #1022
Fairy Water

Bright blue made it looks so plastic... I expected a darker tone tbh :/ oh well it still looks much better than the pink Flauros.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 01:17   Link #1023
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Nah, Hush's gonna get the mobile armor and turn to the dark side
Hush is probably too edgy than the Dark Side could handle.
Old 2016-10-29, 03:52   Link #1024
Tenzen12

Are you really trying imply he is worse than Kylo Ren?!
Old 2016-10-30, 00:25   Link #1025
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

makes me wonder if McGillis who has vast knowledge on the Gundams thinks something is off with the Vidar as it is not named after an Ars Goetia demon, which in turned to be a disguised Kimaris, it's probably funny that it might blew Gaelio's cover because he sucked at naming things.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 01:49   Link #1026
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given what the name is derived from, Vidar isn't hiding his identity. He's sending a message.
Old 2016-10-30, 06:06   Link #1027
Skye629

Rifle, Saber, and dual wield pistols

I Likey

Though.......small arms in IBO??? Cannon and rifle rounds are not that effective to begin with.....but MS size smallarms? No way thats gonna work unless its used for anti personnel or MW

And that Saber, man thats gonna be a brittle melee weapon for the IBO universe, even if its dueling I can see that thing snapping going up against the likes of the melee weapons we have been seeing throughout the course of the show (and in the sidestories). Maybe it got replacement blades in the sideskirts like in Attack on Titan? XD

Somewhat general discussion related. but:
Is Vidar the name of the MS or the alias Gaelio picked up? Im getting mixed messages from all the forums. The name first cropped up in relation to the gunpla. Like did the name come from an official MS model designation? Or was is pulled from a rough translation like Vidar Gundam (which could be seen as either Gundam Vidar, or Vidar's Gundam). Or was Vidar the name listed for Gaelio's VA in the credits?

Last edited by Skye629; 2016-10-30 at 06:49.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 07:16   Link #1028
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ waitaminute. Are Vidar's blades stored in those hip-containers? Does that mean he can replace the blade once it breaks in battles multiple times? Well, if true, somebody is clearly inspired by the 3D Maneuver Gear from Attack on Titan .
Old 2016-10-30, 16:00   Link #1029
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Though.......small arms in IBO??? Cannon and rifle rounds are not that effective to begin with.....but MS size smallarms? No way thats gonna work unless its used for anti personnel or MW
They can work pretty well up in very close range. We've seen Barbatos' arm cannons do some good damage in Episode 28 - although I should note that in space, long range shouldn't matter much in terms of power, only in terms of accuracy.

In Season 1, I believe Lafter killed or crippled a Graze with her submachinegun by aiming between the armor gaps at point blank range in Episode 19 with that disguised Hyakuren variant. Smaller guns are easier to maneuver at close combat and can act as secondary weapons unlike large ones. In fact, this "point blank between the gaps" technique Lafter used may only work with weapons not above a certain size since you need extreme precision and maneuverability of the weapon.

In addition, part of the strategy involves aiming at weak points which may trigger a secondary explosion. Bazookas for example, are not protected by Nanolaminated Armor so shooting through them would and has been shown to cause secondary explosions which will harm the user mobile suit. I believe Barbatos took out a Graze' right arm this way in Episode 17 IIRC.

It also caused a Graze Ritter to explode in Episode 19 just by shooting at it with the 300mm Smoothbore in the combat scene right before the Earth landing. Presumably this was done by triggering a secondary explosion at some specific point of the body (since this doesn't happen often, presumably Mika got really lucky and may not have planned it to be that effective), and it helps that Barbatos was fairly close too.

These may not necessarily destroy the mobile suit completely either but may be enough to cripple them or leave them weakened so the attacker can focus on other units within the battle.

All of this explains why guns are still widespread in use but at the same time, it requires a lot of skill to get all of this right. The smaller arms on Vidar may not even be the primary weapon of choice, as much as backup weapons in case things goes awry,

Quote:
Somewhat general discussion related. but:
Is Vidar the name of the MS or the alias Gaelio picked up? Im getting mixed messages from all the forums. The name first cropped up in relation to the gunpla. Like did the name come from an official MS model designation? Or was is pulled from a rough translation like Vidar Gundam (which could be seen as either Gundam Vidar, or Vidar's Gundam). Or was Vidar the name listed for Gaelio's VA in the credits?
On the picture you posted, it writes "Gundam Vidar (Provisional)" as the title of the Gundam.

Which to me sounds like it may not be the final title of the Gundam. However, keep in mind that the text in the article appears to be speculative in nature (it's just describing and speculating the design, kind of like we are doing), so it may not be an official first party source and the magazine may just playing it safe. Haven't really checked whether that (Provisional) title has been used elsewhere before this.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2016-10-31 at 02:08.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 01:59   Link #1030
Skaddix

Hmm 3 weeks from Earth to Mars. Wow this series is pretty reasonable. That mean they are not even moving close to Lightspeeed.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 03:26   Link #1031
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

It took them a three months in the 00 Movie I believe (and that's after Trans Am technology is in play) though distances between the planets are never stated during the trip was never stated in either cases. So I think three weeks might be fast by Gundam standards.

It probably helps that IBO has G-Force dampeners - which will help a lot I reckon.
Old 2016-11-01, 03:49   Link #1032
Skaddix

true I suppose it helps if Earth and Mars are on the same side of the Sun.
Old 2016-11-01, 04:16   Link #1033
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Speaking of speed, they should have managed to achieve faster-than-light communications to some extent since they have no problem communicating in real time even among far away distances.
Old 2016-11-01, 04:34   Link #1034
Skaddix

I guess Quantum Entanglement maybe?
Old 2016-11-01, 09:06   Link #1035
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quantum entanglement is likely the way they are making it work. It's really the only way they can make it work I think.

Though in real life so far, I believe the problem comes form diciphering the information. The reading is confusing but as I understand it, you can apparently manipulate the quantum states of of the two entangled particles so that the change happens instantaneously - even if they two particles are super super far away (and thus the "change" one particle, it's twin will also immedietly change faster than the speed of light), but apparently the information is still bounded by causality and is indecipherable.

I guess they solved that problem then. Probably nothing to a civilization that terraformed Mars that throughly - at one point in time anyways.
Old 2016-11-01, 11:33   Link #1036
Tenzen12

If they were using q-entanglement there wouldn't be need for Ariadne network which is established method of communication in IBO.
Old 2016-11-01, 19:04   Link #1037
Skye629

U guys sure they're not using anime magic to communicate over long distances???
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 19:11   Link #1038
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given that all of the Ahab Waves between Mars and Earth is interfering with communications? It's hard to justify.
Old 2016-11-02, 08:37   Link #1039
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Regarding using quantum entanglement for communication: When you send the message, it will be in two parts: a scrambled sequence of numbers at the source, and a second scrambled sequence at the destination. The only way to decode the message is with both sequences. So the source has to send the first scrambled sequence to the destination over conventional radio or laser or what have you that's just as fast as regular light. By consequence, if Ahab waves can mess with the EM spectrum even a little bit, the half of the sequence being transmitted will be similarly interfered with and the message is lost for good.
Old 2016-11-02, 08:58   Link #1040
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
If they were using q-entanglement there wouldn't be need for Ariadne network which is established method of communication in IBO.
For all we know the entire Ariadne network is one long chain of quantum entangled particles. Since the effect is instantaneous in theory, it would still be possible to beat the speed of light this way as long as you solve the deciphering info problem - and I have no idea personally on how to go about doing that.

That sounds inefficient, but I'm under the impression that quantum entanglement is still subject to interference, at least in real life tests done so far. If the Ahab Waves can affect that the links at long distances, then having a chain of shorter quantum entangled particles might help or the Ariadne cocoons do some thing to lessen that interference but only on specific direction, etc.

[