AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-21, 11:09   Link #21
hi no ken Jebus

Quote:
Is there really no episode next week? It's just not a one affiliate thing like before?
You can check the Tv Tokyo site http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/bleach/ under story and it tells you next air date 7/4. Also there'll be a new ED as well by Takacha entitled "Movin!" and the single goes on sale 7/12. http://www.takacha.net/
Old 2006-06-21, 12:20   Link #22
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

Just watched the episode, I'm not too pleased but I must say it was good for a filler.
Old 2006-06-21, 13:12   Link #23
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i kinda enjoyed this eps...but is it me or does Rangiku seem a bit weak?? for a vice captain her powers are way inferior...but it was funny the way she used her spirit force to shut chad up
i found nova extremely cool ^^ the strong silent type...and when he blushes and shuts his hood to hide his face its extremely cute...

I get the feeling that out of all vice captains, only Renji looks a bit strong...
an ok episode, though the slow pace of this filler begins to get on my nerves...
Old 2006-06-21, 13:29   Link #24
AKDieseL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i found nova extremely cool ^^ the strong silent type...and when he blushes and shuts his hood to hide his face its extremely cute...

haha, I wouldnt call it cute but I did find it seriously funny
Old 2006-06-21, 14:44   Link #25
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
I get the feeling that out of all vice captains, only Renji looks a bit strong...
an ok episode, though the slow pace of this filler begins to get on my nerves...
This episode didn't seem slow-paced at all. Maybe it was because of Rangiku, because the other three that were fighting are usually boring characters, IMO(though they were pretty cool in this ep).
Old 2006-06-21, 15:08   Link #26
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

I thought this episode was rather good. Nova is just adorable lol. And was it just me or did Ururu actually look at teh audience to point out he was blushing? ^^ Rangiku is such a fun character... But I hope her powers have been limited being int eh real world, otherwise she is rather weak... It just hit me that her Bankai and Byakuya's are quite similiar and have the same effect... Only Byakuya's might have a longer reach and more destrcutive force.. Not to mention being a lot prettier...

Shinigami cup was sort of funny...

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Old 2006-06-21, 15:33   Link #27
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

She doesnt have bankai
Old 2006-06-21, 15:36   Link #28
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Eclipse
I thought this episode was rather good. Nova is just adorable lol. And was it just me or did Ururu actually look at teh audience to point out he was blushing? ^^ Rangiku is such a fun character... But I hope her powers have been limited being int eh real world, otherwise she is rather weak... It just hit me that her Bankai and Byakuya's are quite similiar and have the same effect... Only Byakuya's might have a longer reach and more destrcutive force.. Not to mention being a lot prettier...

Shinigami cup was sort of funny...
All shinigami(except Ichigo) are a lot weaker in the human world, yes.
Old 2006-06-21, 17:15   Link #29
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
This episode didn't seem slow-paced at all. Maybe it was because of Rangiku, because the other three that were fighting are usually boring characters, IMO(though they were pretty cool in this ep).
I did say this filler, not the episode...
the episode was quite good in term of action, though I hoped Rangiku would show some hidden trick, the one that blowed Kira in SS arc.
Old 2006-06-21, 17:32   Link #30
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
I did say this filler, not the episode...
This discussion is about the episode, not the group of episodes you think of as "filler".
Old 2006-06-21, 17:33   Link #31
Zek
Eyebrows...

I think they're either making Rangiku too strong or Chad too weak in this episode. Rangiku should be limited at 1/5 of her power since she's a vice captain, whereas Chad was roughly vice captain level already and is not limited. But there's no discernible difference in their strength in this episode. That seems like quite an oversight to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, everyone is overlooking one simple albeit unusual fact. Kubo Tite outlined this "filler." (As well as having done the character designs.) In other words, he could have told them to kill off anyone.

You'd be best to stop thinking of this as filler. While Kubo Tite didn't write the episodes, he did create the outline for the plot and left room in the manga for the time it takes.
What's your source for this?

Even if Kubo played a role in writing this arc, and even if by some miniscule chance the anime team decides to kill an existing character, Kubo won't write this arc into the manga. There have already been a number of discrepancies that I won't get into proving that this never happened in the manga. And Kishimoto has absolutely no incentive to implement anime filler into his plot, no matter what happens in it. The manga is completely separate from the anime, and he won't confuse his readers by referencing major plot elements that only happened in the anime.
Old 2006-06-21, 17:45   Link #32
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
What's your source for this?

Even if Kubo played a role in writing this arc, and even if by some miniscule chance the anime team decides to kill an existing character, Kubo won't write this arc into the manga. There have already been a number of discrepancies that I won't get into proving that this never happened in the manga. And Kishimoto has absolutely no incentive to implement anime filler into his plot, no matter what happens in it. The manga is completely separate from the anime, and he won't confuse his readers by referencing major plot elements that only happened in the anime.
If this were true, the episodes wouldn't logically be called "filler". Not that ppl are being logical about it anyway...

Chad did show a lot of power in the episode, but remember, he's pretty slow. The only way it could've looked like Rangiku was stronger was because of her fast movements, and it don't take much to be faster than Chad, IMO.
Old 2006-06-21, 18:32   Link #33
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I belive that Kubo did take huge part in present anime arc, and just look how cool Nova is XD but the fact that anime people could kill off someone doesn't prove that they will :P so don't worry too early cause if it's not the last Bouto fight (and they can get stronger) than someone can or can't die :P

Chad is pretty slow, but powerfull as Shunhei said he could "hurt" him XD
Rangiku has bigger breast than Orihime, and she actually makes jokes about them XD as far as I know her shikai is just some sand instead of pink pentals XD

last ep was 1h special so they put two bounto fights in it, and this one was a normal one, so that's might make u cofused about speed of the fight and how good can fight two guys that can't even talk with themself normally XD
Old 2006-06-21, 18:36   Link #34
Lendial

We all know that old bounto geezer likes little girls now(poor ururu). As for the rangiku's shikai, its rather repeditive seeing as its nearly identitical to byakuya. For some reason i really want them to kill this geezer asap.
Old 2006-06-21, 18:50   Link #35
zajhein
Vizard

I liked this episode but it seemed kinda short to me, probably because it was almost all action without any cutaway scenes to other people. As for Rangiku not having much power, she is limited to 1/5 her strength and not all vice captains have equal abilities. She may have a lot more reiatsu than most but might not be good at hakuda or zanjutsu. So like Renji is really good in zanjutsu, he sucks at kido, that's probably why he was defeated by the hundreds of flying bugs real fast, like when he faced Byakuya.

Not everything is about power level like in DBZ. They try to actually have techniques and skills that are usefull in some places while not in others. Just like chad's power is pretty useless against that bount. But as you probably noticed, Rangiku didn't ask soul society to lift their power limit, so she must be pretty confident in her abilities.

And also Bleach loves to have buildups and clifhangers for the next episode. So they make them seem somewhat weak in this episode and then they come up with a plan and use a special move to defeat him in the next.

For any of you who don't remember the termonolgy of shinigami techniques it goes
zanjutsu (swordsmanship), hakuda (hand-to-hand), hohō (foot combat) and kidō (demon arts)
Old 2006-06-21, 20:02   Link #36
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, everyone is overlooking one simple albeit unusual fact. Kubo Tite outlined this "filler." (As well as having done the character designs.) In other words, he could have told them to kill off anyone.

You'd be best to stop thinking of this as filler. While Kubo Tite didn't write the episodes, he did create the outline for the plot and left room in the manga for the time it takes. ...
That's the second time on this board that I've read that Kubo outlined the filler. I've always suspected as such, but can anyone give me a source?
Old 2006-06-21, 23:01   Link #37
Lendial

Just to clarify hoho and hakudo is the stuff soifong and yourichi were using to fight right? The series makes kidou/zanjutsu very clear but leaves the other two somehow unused.

Does hoho relate to shunpo at all? I was under the impression that it did.

Poor renji losing yet again this time its not even vs shinigami, its vs little soul sucking bugs.
Old 2006-06-21, 23:26   Link #38
Novarain

Quote:
All shinigami(except Ichigo) are a lot weaker in the human world, yes.
nope wrong... only those of vc and above... Renji said so himself when he fought Ichigo in ss...
Old 2006-06-21, 23:35   Link #39
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarain
nope wrong... only those of vc and above... Renji said so himself when he fought Ichigo in ss...
My bad I forgot.
Old 2006-06-22, 00:16   Link #40
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Also, for people that are saying that renji is stronger than the other VC's remember, he reached Ban Kai and was fighting well against a captain for a while. He is stronger than the average VC becasue in a decade or two he might be able to become a captain especialy if he learned some Kido in secret..
Closed Thread