AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-11-01, 19:49   Link #6281
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yea, if Izuru can give it to a better author.
Hope Urobutcher gets this.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 22:26   Link #6282
SILENTANIMELOVER

This series has a lot of untapped potential. Let's pray it gets that much needed reboot.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 07:45   Link #6283
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENTANIMELOVER View Post
This series has a lot of untapped potential. Let's pray it gets that much needed reboot.
i agree, also checked what is gonna be released in december & no volume 11
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 15:34   Link #6284
S-34
Mechwarrior

A reboot would make my 2017/18. (?)
I just want a bit less focus on the harem aspect. It's not a terrible idea, though I prefer the rest of the stuff. (Mainly the IS themselves.)
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-04, 22:08   Link #6285
SILENTANIMELOVER

Infinite Stratos probably would have done better as an original series, like Tenchi Muyo.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 00:22   Link #6286
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Suppose Infinite Stratos were to be rebooted. Would y'all prefer to keep the original lineup of main characters' nationalities/ethnicities, or would you want to change it up? If the latter, which nationalities/ethnicities would you want to have?
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 06:45   Link #6287
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Suppose Infinite Stratos were to be rebooted. Would y'all prefer to keep the original lineup of main characters' nationalities/ethnicities, or would you want to change it up? If the latter, which nationalities/ethnicities would you want to have?
Well, I would definitely keep Charl. She was the #1 reason that I become invested in IS - it's so goddamn rare to have a girl who's genuinely nice and supportive to the MC in a harem series - and why I dropped it when I feel that the author started derailing her character with increasing bout of jealousy just to make HOuki look better. (My opinion, not fact)

That said, I feel it would have been a lot more fun if the 5 main girls are from different continent altogether. Houki and Charlotte could stay the same, but Laura the child soldier could be replaced with a similar African child soldier, Cecillia the upper class noble character could become a spoiled daughter of an international conglomerate (probably American) and the second childhood friend could be replaced entirely with a new Australian type character with ties to the criminal underworld.

In fact, the American char could be relate or know Natasha, which would expand her character arc when they have to fight Silver Gospel; the African girl could be torn between what she is used to and her new life PLUS her sympathy toward some of the girls in Phantom Task; the Australian could be the hidden Yandere because of abandonment issue.
Old 2016-11-07, 07:47   Link #6288
kaizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Hope Urobutcher gets this.
Seconded this. Would like to see the series become darker and edgier, could also remove (kill?) some of the characters in order to introduce new ones - possibly from different nationalities like others mentioned.
kaizers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 14:36   Link #6289
lovetospoon73

i may have found the chinese translation of volume 10
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 13:55   Link #6290
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

I'm a bit surprised that none of the protagonist girls are a big American (from the Japanese perspective) stereotype. I guess Yumizuru Izuru must really like Europeans.
Old 2016-11-08, 18:25   Link #6291
LastPanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
I'm a bit surprised that none of the protagonist girls are a big American (from the Japanese perspective) stereotype. I guess Yumizuru Izuru must really like Europeans.
Well, in an interview Izuru was asked "Why don't you include any Americans among the main characters?". His reply was basically "UK? US? They're kinda same I guess...”.

Then again, Izuru NEVER looked like a big fan of the US in the novels. Let's count the ways:

Spoiler for novel depictions:

If that's not saying something about the author, then I don't know what are.
LastPanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 20:13   Link #6292
The 48th Ronin

Does that confirm Izuru is a closet right-wing ultranationalist?
Old 2016-11-08, 21:34   Link #6293
LastPanzer

Quote:
Does that confirm Izuru is a closet right-wing ultranationalist?
You can pretty much say he IS. Well, one that can never step out of the closet anyway...

Then again, Izuru was rather infamous for many of his remarks, let's count THOSE ways:

1) Writes on twitter: "What kind of shitty author gets the idea of 'letting middle-schoolers play eroge and adding incest to the equation'? " This pissed off quite some fans of you-know-which-light novel.

2) AGAIN Writes on twitter: "If I make the French or English girl the legal hooked with the hero, then I'm bound to be awarded by the French pres, or knighted by Granny Windsor, OHOHOHOHOHO!!!" Pompous much? Or just plain batshit insane? Or both?

3) Demonstrates some really bad attitudes when dealing with the original publisher and the official Chinese language distributor in Taiwan, both responsible for accidentally letting bootlegs and piracy run amok (pls don't ask me the details).

4) ONCE AGAIN on twitter after he showed his work to his parents and was fed the remark "what's this kind of crap?", he posted something along the lines of "SO SAD SO BEATEN SO CRUSHED BOOHOOHOO! TAT" one too many times...OK, THAT'S NOT FRAGILE, THAT'S F--KING ANNOYING!!!

Oh two more examples that he's just one hell of a douchebag and a poor author:

1) Angers many Chinese fans by sending some of the worst curses you can find toward the supposed "Chinese smog blowing into Japan" when he had a cough in the winter. I mean, c'mon, read some history and he'll know that Japan contributed towards FOUR of the eight major industrial pollution incidents in the 20th century......

2) He wrote another light novel about some afterschool gun battle...what? you never heard of it outside Japan? EXACTLY.
Old 2016-11-08, 21:45   Link #6294
The 48th Ronin

Wait, what novel did he dissed?
Old 2016-11-08, 22:34   Link #6295
LastPanzer

Quote:
Wait, what novel did he dissed?
Oreimo, isn't it kinda obvious?
Old 2016-11-09, 01:39   Link #6296
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Well I'm glad for a breath of fresh air in that no main Infinite Stratos characters are Americans, but....I can't say I enjoy the reasons for which that is so.
Old 2016-11-12, 13:49   Link #6297
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Okay guys I'm a bit confused in regards to volume 10. In the illustrations it was shown that the girls were battling an IS that looks remarkably similar to the original White Knight, only with a darker color and and energy saber instead of a broadsword. But another illustration shows Madoka in her Black Knight IS (which looks identical to her anime design) meeting a IS that looks the same as the original White Knight with the energy saber? What gives?
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 14:18   Link #6298
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
Okay guys I'm a bit confused in regards to volume 10. In the illustrations it was shown that the girls were battling an IS that looks remarkably similar to the original White Knight, only with a darker color and and energy saber instead of a broadsword. But another illustration shows Madoka in her Black Knight IS (which looks identical to her anime design) meeting a IS that looks the same as the original White Knight with the energy saber? What gives?
Spoiler for spoiler:
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 14:37   Link #6299
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

I know that the Byakushiki is Core 001, the core that was used in the original White Knight. But what does the original White Knight have to do with Madoka and the girls? Only Ichika should be able to access it's consciousness.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 14:38   Link #6300
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
I know that the Byakushiki is Core 001, the core that was used in the original White Knight. But what does the original White Knight have to do with Madoka and the girls? Only Ichika should be able to access it's consciousness.
It kinda 'took over' when Madoka was about to kill Ichika.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen