Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-11-12, 14:48   Link #6301
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslight View Post
It kinda 'took over' when Madoka was about to kill Ichika.
So when Ichika was about to be beaten by Madoka, his IS assumed control and transformed into the original White Knight to fight Madoka?
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 14:49   Link #6302
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
So when Ichika was about to be beaten by Madoka, his IS assumed control and transformed into the original White Knight to fight Madoka?
Yes, basically.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 14:53   Link #6303
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Yes, basically.
Ok that clears up that but what about the girls and the White Knight?
Old 2016-11-12, 14:54   Link #6304
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Ok that clears up that but what about the girls and the White Knight?
It attacked them as well. Yamada stopped it though.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 15:01   Link #6305
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
I'm guessing it can't tell friend from foe. Either that or it's very clingy to it's pilot. But damm Ichika, letting your IS do the fighting is very undignifing. but the clash seems really epic. I think that since it's the conciusness of the most advanced core with retains knowledge of the most advanced pilot (Chifuyu) who's current pilot is a close genetic match to said previous owner it's no wonder that Madoka would lose despite her skill and power of her new IS. Funny who the White Knight undergoes spontaneous recoloration when it attacks the girls.
Old 2016-11-12, 16:48   Link #6306
lovetospoon73

Quote:
well atleast we know why ichika was crying guilt of almost killing his friends

Quote:
I'm guessing it can't tell friend from foe. Either that or it's very clingy to it's pilot. But damm Ichika, letting your IS do the fighting is very undignifing. but the clash seems really epic. I think that since it's the conciusness of the most advanced core with retains knowledge of the most advanced pilot (Chifuyu) who's current pilot is a close genetic match to said previous owner it's no wonder that Madoka would lose despite her skill and power of her new IS. Funny who the White Knight undergoes spontaneous recoloration when it attacks the girls.
great now the ichika's IS core is a possible member of the harem now, also is possible tabane must of created a prototype of core 001 right? like with chase/ roidmude 000 from kamen rider drive
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 17:07   Link #6307
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
well atleast we know why ichika was crying guilt of almost killing his friends

great now the ichika's IS core is a possible member of the harem now, also is possible tabane must of created a prototype of core 001 right? like with chase/ roidmude 000 from kamen rider drive
I believe a reliable summary posted earlier in this thread somewhere stated that he was crying because of some stupid reason, like being forced onto a date with Honne. Harem shenanigans, basically. Also, he didn't nearly kill them, Yamada stopped him way before it got that far

Also no, it's been confirmed many times that the Shirokishi's Core, the one that now belongs to Byakkushiki, was the very first she ever made, and the one that she 'pored her blood, sweat, and tears into'. So no Proto-Drive parallel, sadly.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 17:13   Link #6308
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
I believe a reliable summary posted earlier in this thread somewhere stated that he was crying because of some stupid reason, like being forced onto a date with Honne. Harem shenanigans, basically. Also, he didn't nearly kill them, Yamada stopped him way before it got that far

Also no, it's been confirmed many times that the Shirokishi's Core, the one that now belongs to Byakkushiki, was the very first she ever made, and the one that she 'pored her blood, sweat, and tears into'. So no Proto-Drive parallel, sadly.
so what happen now, with the though of shirokishi's core could take over ichika again, he probably gonna have to quadruple his traing to control core 001 to make sure that doesn't happen twice
Old 2016-11-16, 01:39   Link #6309
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

I'm eager to see the rest of the translation of Volume 10 to see if there has been any progress on Chifuyu's IS, Kurezakura.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 03:04   Link #6310
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Well I'm glad for a breath of fresh air in that no main Infinite Stratos characters are Americans, but....I can't say I enjoy the reasons for which that is so.
In what major light novel are there any American protagonists? The only ones that even have any American characters usually have them as the antagonists, or they stupid side kick characters. I guess Lina from Mahouka, but even she is half/part Japanese, and she is the only one that comes to mind.

Also considering Germany has had a lot more influence on Japan, I would think if they got rid of the other European Nationalities Laura would be the most likely to stay.

First of all a reboot won't happen, I don't think its ever happened where a reboot has occurred this late into the game, and especially not by force which would probably have to be the case here.

Also Urobochi is garbage, I don't know why everyone has such a hard on for him. His work is crap, that people just watch to see how quickly he kills of all his characters, and honestly there are much better authors that do the same thing. Mohiro Kitoh is one who comes to mind, Shadowstar Nartaru makes Madoka look like sunshine and rainbows. He finally got some criticism from that travesty Chaos Dragon.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 09:42   Link #6311
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
In what major light novel are there any American protagonists? The only ones that even have any American characters usually have them as the antagonists, or they stupid side kick characters. I guess Lina from Mahouka, but even she is half/part Japanese, and she is the only one that comes to mind.

Also considering Germany has had a lot more influence on Japan, I would think if they got rid of the other European Nationalities Laura would be the most likely to stay.

First of all a reboot won't happen, I don't think its ever happened where a reboot has occurred this late into the game, and especially not by force which would probably have to be the case here.

Also Urobochi is garbage, I don't know why everyone has such a hard on for him. His work is crap, that people just watch to see how quickly he kills of all his characters, and honestly there are much better authors that do the same thing. Mohiro Kitoh is one who comes to mind, Shadowstar Nartaru makes Madoka look like sunshine and rainbows. He finally got some criticism from that travesty Chaos Dragon.
Well, actually, Urobochi is more than that. You have gotta given credit for someone who made what considered to be the darkest Kamen Rider series of the decade.

http://bookmeter.com/b/4865540466

Read the customer's review of vol 10 (google translate). Mostly negative. And I had thought vol.10 is supposed to be the comeback about the disatrous vol.8 and 9.

Seriously, would Izuru had not went downhill if the series hadn't switched magazine on the middle of the road?

On a side note, anyone know anything about Houkago Battlefield, Izuru's other LN that he wrote when IS took a break?

And there is this hentai novel back from 2008: http://www.parabook.co.jp/hpdata/boo...book_0368.html

Last edited by Fireminer; 2016-11-16 at 10:03.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 13:15   Link #6312
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I was more generally referring to the proliferation of prominent American characters in manga, anime, etc.
Old 2016-11-16, 15:11   Link #6313
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, actually, Urobochi is more than that. You have gotta given credit for someone who made what considered to be the darkest Kamen Rider series of the decade.

http://bookmeter.com/b/4865540466

Read the customer's review of vol 10 (google translate). Mostly negative. And I had thought vol.10 is supposed to be the comeback about the disatrous vol.8 and 9.

Seriously, would Izuru had not went downhill if the series hadn't switched magazine on the middle of the road?

On a side note, anyone know anything about Houkago Battlefield, Izuru's other LN that he wrote when IS took a break?

And there is this hentai novel back from 2008: http://www.parabook.co.jp/hpdata/boo...book_0368.html
well the series is beyond screwed
Old 2016-11-22, 01:57   Link #6314
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

I suppose we'll never find out, with the series on death row, but do y'all suppose that Shirokishi/Byakushiki is the only sentient IS, or do Ichika's friends' ISes also have that potential?
Old 2016-11-22, 06:25   Link #6315
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
I suppose we'll never find out, with the series on death row, but do y'all suppose that Shirokishi/Byakushiki is the only sentient IS, or do Ichika's friends' ISes also have that potential?
tabane put all her strenght in making core 001 so there tons of mysteries on it, also if it's alive, then why did wait this long to take over ichika's body? (i know the obvious anwer was to take down madoka, but i still feel there is more to that)
Old 2016-12-05, 06:07   Link #6316
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

This shitty novel still continue??
Old 2016-12-05, 09:52   Link #6317
The 48th Ronin

As a manga, yes.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 06:15   Link #6318
Noires

So is it dead as in axed or just on indefinite hiatus?
Noires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 23:31   Link #6319
SILENTANIMELOVER

I say the latter. No one has heard anything new from the author or on Volume 11. The manga adaption is still ongoing, thought. But there haven't any translated new chapters uploaded in months. Personally, I think this series should have followed Tenchi Muyo's example. Started out as an original anime series than expand itself into a franchise.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 00:55   Link #6320
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

This sucks! As much as I don't appreciate Izuru's writing qualities, IS still has a strong impression on me.

The year before is Black Bullet. Now IS. It seems to me that with unpopular LN series, the authors just quit.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen