AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-28, 09:23   Link #21
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

I am still keeping tabs up with the manga, but i didn't expect the 2nd season to end at epd 12.
Mistwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 10:38   Link #22
ACE2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
The problem is that the manga does not have a conclusion yet and the anime production has to make up their own ending. This season evolves around Tina's pending leaving for US and that's it. Frankly I'm quite disappointed about it but hopefully there will be another season once the manga has more materials to be animated.

So, that explains the plot, or lack of it, for this season. Looks like I am going to have to dig into the manga now. Overall, I thought this season was okay, definately more fansservice heavy than the first one. Nothing really changed which is a good thing and a bad thing, although this did definately have some heart-warming moments, especially episode 11. I though I was going to shed some tears for a minute...^_^ Well, I can't really complain too much, since the manga is still going. I am just going to sit back and enjoy the final episode and hope that another season will be brought to us.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 17:38   Link #23
Shift_

Oh there will be another season forsure, it's REALLY popular in japan. The manga is on volume 20 something.

The anime is on volume 10 or 11...

But I don't remember Tina leaving to the US in the manga...it was a while when I read it though :/

They were pretty poor scans though, and the translations were off some website so I don't know if they're accurate or not.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 01:08   Link #24
FlyByNite

Aren't you running out of ideas when you have to use two onsen trip episodes in one 12-episode long series?
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 13:18   Link #25
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Oh there will be another season forsure, it's REALLY popular in japan. The manga is on volume 20 something.

The anime is on volume 10 or 11...

But I don't remember Tina leaving to the US in the manga...it was a while when I read it though :/

They were pretty poor scans though, and the translations were off some website so I don't know if they're accurate or not.
The 12th volume of manga just came out in November. As far as I can tell, Enishi already animated most of the materials in manga since Tina has yet to leave in volume 12 (probably already did in the magazine but I won't know).
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 21:10   Link #26
Go-lytely

The show is terrible. Not only is there no advancement in Aoi and Kaoru's relationship but they actually went backwards from the end of the first tv series. I dont mind fanservice but it's not even funny anymore. Its the same tired formula except enishi has no story going for it.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 21:52   Link #27
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
The show is terrible. Not only is there no advancement in Aoi and Kaoru's relationship but they actually went backwards from the end of the first tv series. I dont mind fanservice but it's not even funny anymore. Its the same tired formula except enishi has no story going for it.
They're just following how the manga goes...

But I don't remember tina leaving. BECAUSE...at the end of volume 10...Karou does...

Spoiler:

That hasn't happened in the TV, and tina was still there during that...
So the TV series has changed from the manga already, so they're probally going to make a movie to finish it off. Since the manga is at volume 20 something and from a timeline the anime is at volume 10, but they've changed certain aspects and with tina leaving that's not in the manga...or they may of skiped certain things..

Because I only poor translations up to the end of 10...

My guess is a movie just to make a unique ending for the anime.
Old 2003-12-29, 22:49   Link #28
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Kaoru has lots of scars on his back.. He has quite some history huh ???
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 00:30   Link #29
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOcyOgl
Kaoru has lots of scars on his back.. He has quite some history huh ???
Yea you won't understand alot of things if you haven't seen the 1st season.
Old 2004-01-02, 14:04   Link #30
7thMethuselah

i must say i am a bit dissapointed in the series, somehow i expected more from it. Not that it's bad but just feels like thye could've made it better...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 00:16   Link #31
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
3rd installment of Ai Yori Aoshi, WE MUST HAVE!!

Well,watched the final episode of Enshi today,and i would have to say it was a total let down.before the whole conversion of the forums,i had some spoilers of what should have happened,but it never did.Now i bough the orginal AYA cause,hey i liked it, Aoi-chan is the shit.But there is no way in hell i buying Enshi.

Please someone tell me its confirmed or even rumors of a 3rd installment in the AYA series.We gots to have some closure into this story,ESPECIALLY the other house members finding out about Karuo and Aoi,They have been living in that house for 2 years now, probably 3 by the end of Enshi and NO one has found out about them.

Now while ill admit there were some good episodes in Enshi (like 1 or 2),there are just no words to describe my disapointment in Enshi.And i had high hopes for this series as well.
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 05:43   Link #32
MuGeN_BoY
<--- Lolita Complex

I agree with you there enishi was kinda draggin it with non related episodes which just waste time....

Even though i want more of AYA, i think it woulda been better if they left it finished at season 1
MuGeN_BoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 11:28   Link #33
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I agree that there should be more and I think there will be. Considering how popular AYA is in Japan, It will just be a matter of time before the 3rd installation is on the works.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 13:55   Link #34
LynnieS

I think that someone had mentioned earlier that the manga is still going on? The anime will, most likely, follow along the manga's storylines till either no one watches the series any longer or funding dries up.

Either way, if so, it's going to suck. I hope that I'm wrong, though.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 14:00   Link #35
DekaMaster
Banned

this season was just filler eps. There was little to no point of any of it.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 20:45   Link #36
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I loved the first season but enishi was crappy because nothing big happen between Aoi and Karoru
Spoiler:
I think Ai Yori Aoshi should of just ended on the first season.
Old 2004-01-04, 20:46   Link #37
brood-faun

I don't think there isn't a point of another season if they are drag on the story like this.
brood-faun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 21:20   Link #38
lordwu

My feeling is that

Season 1 - Aoi
Season 2 - Tina

If you look back to previous episodes, you can see that all the happenings evolved around Tina's pending leaving for US. I believe there will be a 3rd season once there are more materials from manga to be animated. Until then, I'll follow manga to see what's going to happen next.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 02:55   Link #39
FlyByNite

Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi Finale (Spoilers)/NHL cameo

Was anyone listening to the English newsbroadcast in Tina's home?

"In Sports the National Hockey League featured a busy five game slate last evening the front-running Flyers ripped the Sabres 14-3"

hahaha. Guess they threw football scores in for hockey. Or else someone on the show is an insanely huge Flyers fan

As a Flyers fan I seriously never expected to hear them mentioned in an anime ever

Ultimately tho the whole series was kinda filler. Nothing significant progressed in the Aoi-Kaoru relationship. The biggest thing was whether Tina was staying in American from the last episode, but she came back.

But hey the ending montage during the song showed Miyabi and Mayu's guardian on a date. So hey something I predicted in the first series came true. Cool
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 11:49   Link #40
ACE2003

Well, after watching the final episode, I must say that I was pleased. I expected Tina to come back, so it wasn't too much of a suprise when she did pop up. Overall, I thought this season wasn't bad. We got a little bit of everything from the last season, then some. It's highly likely there's going to be a third season. Plus the manga is still going on, so I wasn't disappointed at all. Great stuff and I can't wait for the third season, if there is one. ^_^
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen