AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-20, 05:13   Link #81
reinloch

In a funnels fight, what stops one newtype's mind from interferring with his opponent's funnels? You don't want your funnels to turn on you now, do you?
reinloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 05:46   Link #82
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinloch
In a funnels fight, what stops one newtype's mind from interferring with his opponent's funnels? You don't want your funnels to turn on you now, do you?
If the difference between the pilots is this great, you would have already lost anyway. In general the difference in psychic powers between people are not enough to interfere with each other's equipment... And if one has so much mastery over the other, they can probably just mind-blast their opponent to death.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-06-20 at 06:08.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 13:40   Link #83
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I'd also guess that it's because every person's mind is unique in their own ways. (just like everyone else =P , lol) and psycommu systems are adjusted to fit that mindset of the person (or whatever system is used, it's usually finetuned to the main pilot). So I guess it could also be because of how the psycommu/psyco frame/etc systems are set up..
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 23:44   Link #84
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Looks like I'll have to explain INCOM's here. INCOM's are none newtype wireguided weaponary used to allow non-newtypes to conduct all-range attacks. I'm pretty sure the first use of an INCOM was on the Gundam MK-V and S Gundam from Gundam Sentinel. Nobody was really ready for such technology and the Gundam MK-V wrecked havock on the Autonomous Corps on the moon all but annhilating all the FAZZ's and Z Plus units, only the S Gundam was able to match it and take it down. Don't underestimate INCOM's they are every bit as deadly as Funnels except with less range and degree of control, surprise is key. Also its the Psycho Gundam Mark II that has the reflector bits, the Pycho Gundam has nothing in term of bits or funnels. Finally did anyone mention the Geymark's Mother and Child Funnels yet, thought I'd add something useful here.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 00:03   Link #85
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, Incoms still work most efficiently with Newtype or very skilled pilots (which Brave Cod obviously was, but also used the weakness of the FAZZ's inability to fight in close-range combat to win) and still used quasi-psycommu systems (or "half-control" systems when used on the AMA-02/AMX-002 Neue Ziel, which allowed non-Newtypes to perform "all-range" attacks).

So far, Incom-equipped weapons I can think of...(including variations and others)

MRX-011 Mass Production Type Psyco Gundam

ORX-012/MSF-008 Gundam Mark IV
ORX-013 Gundam Mark V

MSA-0011 S Gundam/MSA-0011[Bst] S Gundam Booster Unit Type
MSA-0011[Ext] Ex-S Gundam/MSA-0011[Bst] S Gundam Booster Unit Type Plan 303E "Deep Striker"

AMX-014 Doven Wolf

RX-94 Mass Production Type Nu Gundam (optional)

It didn't seem to be a very long-lived piece of weaponry it seems...
Old 2006-06-22, 05:58   Link #86
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The quasi-psycommu system was also used in the Neo Zeon's Hamma Hamma, although this was the original prototype version of it and couldn't do any of the complicated all-range attacks like the later perfected versions used in the Dven Wolf and such.
Old 2006-06-22, 06:16   Link #87
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Finally did anyone mention the Geymark's Mother and Child Funnels yet, thought I'd add something useful here.
lol I was thinking of it earlier on but I forgot the name, Mother and Child Funnels, lol I definitely can't remember it.

This weapon is actually a bit too, the 2 'Mothers'. The 2 mothers can almost operate on their own after the geymark is deployed, they have their own reactors. The self sustaining mother units, can each even fuel their own 14 child funnels.

This feeds back to what I've been saying all the time, funnels are just flying guns, their only purpose is to shoot. Any funnel with at least a 2nd ability would mean they are bits:

Reflector bits: Able to act as both attack and defense systems.
Mother and Child Funnels: Mega particle cannon and ability to release 14 funnels.
Fin Funnels: High powered particle beam, beam barrier ability.

Note that these weapons are also bits because they all have onboard reactors.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 08:58   Link #88
lighthand
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

I've got a question... In F91 the final boss used some flying things that looks no where like a bit, but also use psy control. What are those?
lighthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 09:05   Link #89
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Only thing I can think of that you're talking about would be the Bugs...they don't use any psycommu systems at all, I'm sure.

They are programmed, I think. (since the Crossbone Vanguard just let them in, then went about their business without watching them)
Old 2006-06-22, 14:03   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Only thing I can think of that you're talking about would be the Bugs...they don't use any psycommu systems at all, I'm sure.

They are programmed, I think. (since the Crossbone Vanguard just let them in, then went about their business without watching them)
Actually they seek out and destroy anything with a heat signature, specifically humans.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 19:06   Link #91
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

lighthand is talking about the Rafressia's tentacle-like beam cannons.

That was a neo-psycommu system, which allowed IronMask to control the tentacle cannons via brainwaves through his mask.
Old 2006-06-22, 19:16   Link #92
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Ah..the Neo-psycommu system...allowing the pilot to completely control the machine without any sort of manual controls. All brainwave work (which would, obviously, require a lot of concentration and such)
Old 2006-06-22, 20:07   Link #93
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
I assume that Super DRAGOONs of SF are called 'Super' because they would be more durable and can take more damage?
I mean, they are bigger than regular units and they're basically SF's wings. I'm guessing they'd be tougher to take down?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 20:10   Link #94
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Right now, it's not known why they are called "Super" DRAGOONs at all...they're really not any smaller or different than the Providence or Legend's DRAGOONs, so the only assumption I have is that...

A.) "Super" being just for the main character.
B.) Allowing normal people to control them like they can with the Legend and Chaos and such.
Old 2006-06-23, 03:17   Link #95
lighthand
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
lighthand is talking about the Rafressia's tentacle-like beam cannons.

That was a neo-psycommu system, which allowed IronMask to control the tentacle cannons via brainwaves through his mask.

That's the one... IronMask don't seems to be a Newtype though.... cause I thought Newtype have a strong control of their mental state? That guy is like borderline crazy...
lighthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 03:25   Link #96
Scorch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthand
That's the one... IronMask don't seems to be a Newtype though.... cause I thought Newtype have a strong control of their mental state? That guy is like borderline crazy...
Artificial newtypes are crazy all the time. See: Four, Rosamia. Iron Mask is an artificial newtype.

Gyunei is one of the few artificial newtypes that's actually somewhat sane.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 05:41   Link #97
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ironmask was indeed a new type. i dont know if he was artificial though. considering the princess secelly was a weak new type and he was her father, most likely he was a real newtype.

what were those little spinning discs the lafresia had? they did automatically attack people, yes, but i belive iron mask could recall them with new type powers. definately though at the end you could see they optical fibers runing into his helmet, which meant he was controlling the tentacle arms with his mind.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 07:57   Link #98
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
what were those little spinning discs the lafresia had? they did automatically attack people, yes, but i belive iron mask could recall them with new type powers. definately though at the end you could see they optical fibers runing into his helmet, which meant he was controlling the tentacle arms with his mind.
The Bugs weren't controlled by the Rafressia or by Iron Mask directly, they were automated. They were a different weapon altogether from the Rafressia.
Old 2008-01-14, 10:34   Link #99
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

The topic is a bit rusty, but I have to add my 5 cents

Even if Kira is not Newtype, maybe his Uber-Coordinator status provides him with Newtype abilities
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 10:59   Link #100
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
The topic is a bit rusty, but I have to add my 5 cents

Even if Kira is not Newtype, maybe his Uber-Coordinator status provides him with Newtype abilities
Umm, no. Kira being an ultimate coordinator only means that he has no imperfections. He's essentially a perfect, uninhibited human. It by no means gives him psychic powers.