Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-11-24, 06:25   Link #5801
LevelSeven

ch329

now i don know if i should hate or love sinbad

he is a a-hole, a big one too,
but even greed from fullmetal alchemist would stand no chance to his greed, wtf?

he is outright stating that he is evil, no, he isnt even seeing what he does as wrong, he is literally insane,
why not? countless gods exist and countless worlds,
than lets go and destroy this world and billion other ones for our own greed,

btw, seems like alibaba is proected thanks to his journey as soul, and alladin is immune thanks to salomons wisdom,

anyway, sinbad.......i dont know, i REALLY dont know,
what he says is WRONG!
but i kind of like it im insane too
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 06:27   Link #5802
tsunade666

okay.... i liked sin before but now? his insane... okay maybe not but more greedily humane? his so selfishly human that I can't hate him but I disliked him.

saying sin is bad is the same as saying shirou who is selfish on being selfless and wants to be hero as bad.

sin is so darn selfish that you can only hate him because his ambition would cause you problem. a.k.a. death. but still. I like his conviction but not his ambition. i don't want to die neh

and it was also funny that he is not sugarcoating his words with flavor text that is used by hero to pursued everyone on his hypocritical view.
Old 2016-11-24, 06:39   Link #5803
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and it was also funny that he is not sugarcoating his words with flavor text that is used by hero to pursued everyone on his hypocritical view.
but if he had done so than it would have at least meant that he knew that he was doing wrong things,

sinbad is acually believing that he isnt in the wrong at all
im no a expert but cant such things be defined for insane minds? i would assume it, sinbad does give me the vipe of a insane person
Old 2016-11-24, 06:46   Link #5804
tsunade666

his honest with his own feelings and selfishly believing his right.

in the views of others, his insane.

to me.

his inane and maybe to you too.

but to himself?

just imagine it yourself. your just being honest with yourself and your doing whatever you like. but the others are saying your insane because what your doing is bad in their eyes and in the eyes of the common people.

its general view over single minded view.

as common sense. I would brand him as insane but if I view him himself as a character.

as a character with overconfidence and belief on himself. his just being honest with himself. its jsut waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the line of being normal.

then again, who are the ones who decided what are normal?

you, me, everyone? its just a matter of view.

I don't hate sin but i don't like his ambition. why? because it would affect me.

if his just being selfish and honest with himself and not affecting others. I won't brand him as insane or bad. its just being truthful.
Old 2016-11-24, 07:23   Link #5805
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if his just being selfish and honest with himself and not affecting others. I won't brand him as insane or bad. its just being truthful.
indeed, i wouldnt have a problem either,
as long as people only involve themselfes into their mess im fine with them doing what they want, which is why i dont understand how someone could have anything against homosexual people :/ hey do their thing and i do mine, not like they force me or the like

anyway, im a bit sad about alibabas response,
he is a man with over a hundred years of talking experience, he should do beter than his
Old 2016-11-24, 08:16   Link #5806
Twi

Ugo at least took a couple of millenia to go insane. Sinbad went power mad in a few days!
Old 2016-11-24, 08:59   Link #5807
ChuckE
Provoker

Author it seems is trying to wrap it up. I mean Sinbad was rather reasonable and suddenly he became like "F*ck it! I am the only one who is right". The root of it is that author became sympathetic to Kou after time skip.
Old 2016-11-24, 09:20   Link #5808
LevelSeven

^kou was wrong and works to make up for it but thats it,
what else could be done?

the leader is still in prison :/

i actually think it went into a great point,
i recently started reading sinbad no bouken and i would say that it makes kind of sense,
for anyone who read it, can you remember his speech in the second dungeon?
it was, imo, awful,
it was basically "what you guys want to do isnt as big as i wan to do and therefore become my subordinates and help me do what i want to do",
and the people agreed,

if this is how most of his life went than i can understand his current self,
he always made people follow him and see him as king/leader and his dreams as more important than theirs, which means that he was always "right", in his view he was indeed never "wrong"
Old 2016-11-24, 11:12   Link #5809
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Author it seems is trying to wrap it up. I mean Sinbad was rather reasonable and suddenly he became like "F*ck it! I am the only one who is right". The root of it is that author became sympathetic to Kou after time skip.
I was like... 'maybe I will support him' to 'wtf is this psychopath talking about'
That was so close, so close

Alibaba and his 'lonely' speech is pointless somehow. Well it's very his character to say those obvious feelings inside himself that moved people.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 12:11   Link #5810
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok, Sinbad has gone full villain now. He's gone as far as planning to kill his own friends, wtf.

Alibaba is confirmed to be immune to Rukh manipulation (thanks to Ugo, I assume), so he's the only one who can stand up to Sinbad. There's Aladdin too, but it's more likely he'll fight his grandfather.
Old 2016-11-24, 12:31   Link #5811
shadowarc

I remember a quote from somewhere that describes this: "I was wrong, you're not crazy.... You're Bat Sh*t Insane!!!!!"
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 14:11   Link #5812
foxbox360
New Age Badass

The theme of this series is absolute power corrupt anyone even the most noble.
Old 2016-11-24, 14:53   Link #5813
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowarc View Post
I remember a quote from somewhere that describes this: "I was wrong, you're not crazy.... You're Bat Sh*t Insane!!!!!"
That would be Metal Gear Rising. And yes, it is fully accurate here.

Sinbad is nuts.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 15:00   Link #5814
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
if this is how most of his life went than i can understand his current self,
he always made people follow him and see him as king/leader and his dreams as more important than theirs, which means that he was always "right", in his view he was indeed never "wrong"
And, he is a god and see how the universe really work, human concepts like morality and life/death suddenly becomes a trivial thing to him now.
It only make logical sense he suddenly wants to do what he is doing now.

I still can't shake off the feeling Okata read Dies Irae at some point.
Sindbad is now functioning on a psychology that's almost identical to Kemono dono...
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 15:41   Link #5815
LevelSeven

^yeah, if im honest, i would probably do the same as him but be less ruthless, mostlikely i would kill alladin and alibaba the moment i see that they are immune to my powers

is Dies Irae a light novel?
Old 2016-11-24, 15:58   Link #5816
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
^yeah, if im honest, i would probably do the same as him but be less ruthless, mostlikely i would kill alladin and alibaba the moment i see that they are immune to my powers
I think Sinbad might be afraid to become like Ugo (or afraid of loneliness), hence why he asked Alibaba and Aladdin to join him in his new world.
Old 2016-11-24, 16:01   Link #5817
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:

is Dies Irae a light novel?
It's visual novel.

Kemono dono is an antagonist in that novel who has this psychology of "I will kill everyone and absorb their soul, then taking the whole world with me to walk to endless path of destruction."

That guy is a total battle junkie that literally want the entire cosmo to fell into war with him. And his desire to destroy things is literally his expression of love. On top of that he literally commands as universe where everyone that's absorbed by him will just be revived after their death so they continue fighting endlessly.

Now, take away Kemono dono's WAR AND DESTRUCTION and replace it with Sindbad's greed that he is blabbering about this chapter. And hey, it totally fits!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 16:10   Link #5818
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think Sinbad might be afraid to become like Ugo (or afraid of loneliness), hence why he asked Alibaba and Aladdin to join him in his new world.
uh, good idea, but he has david and his seven djinns (or maybe he isnt seeing them as friends but subordinates )

^that sounds like a awesome character
Old 2016-11-24, 16:15   Link #5819
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
uh, good idea, but he has david and his seven djinns (or maybe he isnt seeing them as friends but subordinates )

^that sounds like a awesome character
I'm almost certain he doesn't consider David a friend. As for his djinns, he might be planning to erase them too. He wants to create a brand new system after all.
Old 2016-11-25, 03:27   Link #5820
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That sounds about right.

And I feel sorry for Sinbad the way he's turning out. Hopefully Alibaba can defeat him like someone else on here said. Aladdin fighting David sounds good, too. It'd be King vs. King and Magi vs. Magi.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen