AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2016-05-16, 12:51   Link #141
grecefar

yeah there's always shizuka, is the cliche development of dating you best friend sister so I'll be okey with that and more if maybe there's going to be another movie... it woked for harry.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 18:31   Link #142
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by refrain View Post
It really surprised me that so many people started crying after the credit. The feels got me too. Being a bit emotional even now. Kaiba was just too good. The ending really got me. But yes, the series is ending for good now. No Yugioh Super or anything.
Got any more question? I'll answer them all
could you please give me a little summary of the movie?

what is the core of the movie?

who is the new character Aogami of some like that?

why Kaiba search the Puzzle?

why is the motivation of Kaiba?

Kaiba dissapears? why?

what happen with Kaiba Corp. and Mokuba?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 10:45   Link #143
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

So the movie was showing in my local cinema and I watched it because Yu-Gi-Oh was my favorite manga ever. Man I was pretty disappointed. I don't really expect much plot from Yu-Gi-Oh but the whole movie was an editing mess. I want great duels but the duels were essentially ass pulls (even by Yu-Gi-Oh standard), but they were exceptionally entertaining...except for the conclusion to the final fight that left me wtf.

I also feel that they also don't really allow Yugi to move on and growth as a character, instead relying more on Atem again....

If you are Yu-Gi-Oh fan, might worth a watch just for the conclusion of the series. Fans of the anime, do note that Kaiba lacks certain hammy charm here
Old 2017-04-02, 16:09   Link #144
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Watched the original Japanese film:

Probably my favorite movie of the franchise but it kinda felt too long. I guess it's because it focused on too many characters.
Spoiler for more spoiler:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 19:57   Link #145
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I like how the movie finally gave us a clear explanation of how Bakura got involved with the Millennium Ring. And why Shaadi seems to have ghost powers in his early appearance in the manga. Oh, and it's established that there are generally "bad side & "good side" of Millennium items (Ring, Eye & Rod being the bads while Key, Scale & Necklace/Tauk being the goods) with the Millennium Puzzle as the balancer of dark and light. They really use the movie in a good manner by adding more lore to it and filling previous plot holes rather than a filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Kaiba looking down on Yugi despite the guy already defeated Atem seems pointless, especially with the way the film ends
Kaiba is a pigheaded cynic. He’s rarely willing to admit supernatural things even if it appear right before his eyes. Since Kaiba didn’t witness how Yugi defeated Atem in the manga, it’s very in-character for him to be cynical about it, until he saw Yugi’s true skill with his own eyes in this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I also feel that they also don't really allow Yugi to move on and growth as a character, instead relying more on Atem again....
To be fair, Yugi won against Diva and about to win against Kaiba. Yugi only lost to a super-magical being like Yami-Diva who was slowly absorbing his soul during the duel. Since Yugi doesn’t have magical powers, receiving a little help from Atem to defeat the super-magical being is totally fair IMO.
Old 2017-09-16, 02:59   Link #146
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

So I watched the film finally, every time Kiba came on screen and pulled some thing random out of the air saying he knew every thing and can do any thing like that, I kept slapping my head in annoyance. This really does put the Agridged series Kiba on the plate here

This film says to me " I'm Kiba, I need my ego stroked some more" Seriously, I know he's a genius and has money but come on.

I'd like Kiba and Reiji from Arc V to meet, it'd be pretty hilarious to see. They both say " Screw the laws of science and reality, I have money and a high IQ and love showing it" They'd both annoy each other due to egos trying to out do one another LOLz.

Other than that I did like Yugi without Yami Yugi involved for once, poor guy can't get away from all that though, Egypt past coming back to haunt him all over again.

FYI, if I were Yugi, I'd be pretty peeved about what Kiba did and worried for his sanity, watching Kiba obsess over Yami at the beginning flipping creepy.

I did like Joey's scenes regarding his powerful friendship with Yugi, awe.

Animation was georgous, too bad it had to be at the expense of Yugioh Arc V Animation at the time.

The final battle, meh.

Over all, I enjoyed it and hope we get another film only focused on Yugi and his friends this time.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 04:06   Link #147
B214

Kaiba not Kiba. I'm not nitpicking just saying.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote