AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-12-11, 05:57   Link #1301
Azurial

It looks like a Valkyrie Frame at the same time it also looks like a Gundam cause of the body the waist area. The antenna or V-fin looks like Grimgarde , the feet is that a ski-blade or whut :?

This Nanolaminate Armor is so damn OP XD and this Nanolaminate just shit on Phase shift Armor where PS armor cant handle beam weapon that much. But Nanolaminate just tank it like a total badass if it were a PS armor it would've already explode

Last edited by Azurial; 2016-12-11 at 06:23.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 06:22   Link #1302
RobotCat
In a Box

So its McGillis in the Helmwige? It's like he totally specced out an anti-MA unit, cause that gigantic sword is totally screaming Monster Hunter lol...
Old 2016-12-11, 06:25   Link #1303
Azurial

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
So its McGillis in the Helmwige? It's like he totally specced out an anti-MA unit, cause that gigantic sword is totally screaming Monster Hunter lol...
Is Isurugi I think that is he name McGilis told him to master it
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 07:26   Link #1304
charles883

Latest ep highlight why Gundam IBO no longer use beam weapon.

Due nano-laminate armor and Ahab reactor, beam weapon are completely useless against those armor those people reuse back Bullet based weapon and physical weapons as they are better in armor piercing. Also Beam weapon are expensive to produce while Bullet based weapon and physical weapons are cheaper and more effective as well cause less collateral damage.

My theory why MA develop was similar to some Air force plan to replace pilot to UCAV, people behind MA is to create weapon with no human error as well not use human soldier anymore as they do not want to sacrifice soldier life in battlefield. However it backfired as for some reason MA A.I went Skynet mode and decide kill all human as most likely they concluded no matter which side they on, all of them are human those make no different those cause even more death
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 07:47   Link #1305
Skye629

Ahhhh so the Grimgerde got "upgraded", interesting

I really dont get why McGillis is not piloting it though, he's already bringing it along with him anyways, thats tantamount to saying "this MS is affiliated to me", and if they changed the Ahab reactor then it doesn't matter as its wave pattern is changed, its machine code and looks are definitely changed, theres really no reason not to use it aside from maybe Isurugi being more comfortable with its current weapon loadout

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Latest ep highlight why Gundam IBO no longer use beam weapon.

Due nano-laminate armor and Ahab reactor, beam weapon are completely useless against those armor those people reuse back Bullet based weapon and physical weapons as they are better in armor piercing. Also Beam weapon are expensive to produce while Bullet based weapon and physical weapons are cheaper and more effective as well cause less collateral damage.
You're looking at it the wrong way

Its more illegal due to the human massacre potential and its association to the MA than anything else. Nothing have indicated so far that MS at that size could use it, and even if MS could use them, as everyone has noticed its not that effective/efficient against MS

And wow, Im not sure if the latest episode is exaggerating the size, or the HG model kit were getting of the MA is actually in another scale, cuz the size difference is CLEARLY huge in this episode lol

Also establishes the fact that the MA still needs fuel like MS do, and it got self repair/refuel capabilities due to the Pluma, along with the ability to zerg rush them if given enough time

Someone better start cracking out the nukes or take out the MA haha
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 07:49   Link #1306
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so the Hashmal is like the mother to the Plumas, as it gave birth to them thus it is also a mobile factory of all sorts, with manufacturing units inside its body & it will continue to multiply as long as the Plumas find raw materials & send it back to the Hashmal, it also does the same when repairing themselves,

so the Hashmal is case of a robot that can reproduce like lifeforms the same way as bacteria or a virus, the correct term is self replicating robots.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 08:22   Link #1307
charles883

I did mention beam weapon cause more collateral damage.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 08:42   Link #1308
xeviouses

A self-repairing, self-replenishing machine capable of adapting its priorities. Did MAs come from the Devil Gundam?

NL Armor renders beam weapons ineffective since the beam breaks apart from contact, though with the diffusion effect, how large were the MA hunting groups 300 years ago?
Clusters of MS would most likely be killed by their defensive properties.

Is the Helmwige McGillis's own Grimgerde upraged? Or is it a successor machine? Still I don't think that GreatSword was meant for MA hunting, most likely crushing MS in one hit and anti-ship purposes.
Old 2016-12-11, 09:32   Link #1309
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
A self-repairing, self-replenishing machine capable of adapting its priorities. Did MAs come from the Devil Gundam?
ironically the Devil a.k.a. Ultimate Gundam's original purpose was to fix Earth's damaged environment, as in for peaceful reasons not as a weapon before its A.I. got screwed up because of the damage it sustained from crashing into Earth, that make it think logically it was the human race that started the Earth's damage thus wiping them out is a direct solution, like a corrupted version of Captain Planet,

the Hashmal was a weapon from start that became something like the robots from the 1995 movie Screamers, as in the weapons turned against their creators & went wild,

not sure what SID is supposed to be, its just trying to guard a computer that stores classified information, it can evolve however.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 10:09   Link #1310
Skaddix

Makes Sense Human Genocide. I mean 25% of the population. That has to be several billions. Plus Gjhallahorn spent most of their time fighting people who didn't have Mobile Suits so bullets and melee weapons work just fine.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 10:23   Link #1311
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so the Hashmal is like the mother to the Plumas, as it gave birth to them thus it is also a mobile factory of all sorts, with manufacturing units inside its body & it will continue to multiply as long as the Plumas find raw materials & send it back to the Hashmal, it also does the same when repairing themselves,

so the Hashmal is case of a robot that can reproduce like lifeforms the same way as bacteria or a virus, the correct term is self replicating robots.
A pretty Vicious design if you ask me, probably one of the top vicious human genocide machine i seen i Gundam, the Plumas come out and kill machine, steal fuel + minerals for Hashmal to create more Plumas, turning to a vicious cycle of destructions. Now the 1st gen gundam pilot in Calamity war really impressed me, how the hell did they managed fighting against multiple of those thing in the calamity war.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 10:24   Link #1312
Skaddix

Truly a mechanical Brood Mother. The Zerg are coming.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 13:49   Link #1313
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Makes Sense Human Genocide. I mean 25% of the population. That has to be several billions. Plus Gjhallahorn spent most of their time fighting people who didn't have Mobile Suits so bullets and melee weapons work just fine.
McGillis said hundreds of millions in the previous episode, which implies that human population was close to 4 billion at most, 800 million at least.

If humans can live up to 200 easily with access to medicine, wouldn't surprise me they were laws on population control. In the current age, it's also only accessible to the rich so if we assume that Pre-Calamity it was more widely available, they will be plenty of reasons to have those restrictions.

Countries' birth rates tend to decline as their economy matures anyways, so I find the low population count fairly believable depending on when this whole thing takes place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Now the 1st gen gundam pilot in Calamity war roeally impressed me, how the hell did they managed fighting against multiple of those thing in the calamity war.
McGillis said at the end of Season 1 said that they gave up being human to win the war, which implies they went full on 100% Alayashiki with their Gundams. Won't even surprise me if they became like Ein either.
Old 2016-12-11, 16:20   Link #1314
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post

NL Armor renders beam weapons ineffective since the beam breaks apart from contact, though with the diffusion effect, how large were the MA hunting groups 300 years ago?
Clusters of MS would most likely be killed by their defensive properties.
I raised my eyebrow at this. I thought NLA's weakness was intense heat? Wasn't that mentioned in season 1?

I had figured beam weapons were going to be a real "oh shit!!" weapon, but if a single MS can deflect the shot, it's not much of a threat, isn't it?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 16:38   Link #1315
Batknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I raised my eyebrow at this. I thought NLA's weakness was intense heat? Wasn't that mentioned in season 1?

I had figured beam weapons were going to be a real "oh shit!!" weapon, but if a single MS can deflect the shot, it's not much of a threat, isn't it?
The beam weapon is not much of a threat against mobile suits, but against basically anything else it's still a weapon of mass destruction capable of killing enormous amounts of people as we see in this episode. It doesn't really even matter, because the MA is still capable of killing mobile suits with its bladed tail, massive claws, and army of Plumas not can repair it at anytime. So it is by far the biggest threat in the show so far.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 17:09   Link #1316
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
This Nanolaminate Armor is so damn OP XD and this Nanolaminate just shit on Phase shift Armor where PS armor cant handle beam weapon that much. But Nanolaminate just tank it like a total badass if it were a PS armor it would've already explode
Nah. It's a "rock-paper-scissor" scenario with NLA & PSA. PSA can withstand kinetic & projectile weapons but bad against beam weapons. That's why most MSs in SEED use beams to battle Gundams. NLA can withstand beams but bad against kinetic & high-cal projectile weapons & missiles. That's why most MSs in IBO use big ol' kinetic weapons and projectile weapons to battle other MSs. You want an overall OP armor? Try Gundarium and Gundanium.

Quote:
I was wondering about that too. Maybe the beam in IBO-verse does not necessarily produce heat, kinda like Cyclops eye-beam from X-Men.

Quote:
There's a bunch of ways the MA can destroy MSs. You see it yourself this episode. The tail alone can reck an entire squad of MSs. And don't forget the Pluma that can just Zerg-rush you.
Old 2016-12-11, 17:42   Link #1317
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I meant that the beam weapon isn't much of a threat, (to ms). I know the Hashmal can still dish out the killings via other means.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 19:35   Link #1318
Batknight

Quote:
I meant that the beam weapon isn't much of a threat, (to ms). I know the Hashmal can still dish out the killings via other means.
Yeah and I'm glad it's this way. Beam weaponry has for way too long been the most overpowered, overused weapon in basically every mecha ever. IBO is finally doing something different by basically making them mostly ineffective against Mobile Suits. This is great because it means melee weapons get to stay at the fore front of combat in battles which is one of the best parts about the show.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 21:29   Link #1319
Irenesharda

Quote:

Well, we also have to see how well the armor holds up under continued hits. Also, we have to remember that the MS was created after the MAs and were built to fight them, so it would make sense that the MS knew about the beam weapons and created a protection to counter it.
And interestingly, it looks like Hashmal knows this. Notice that it doesn't use the beam weapon against MS, but instead only on its large scale human targets. When fighting MS, it uses physical weapons, like its tail, talons, and the pluma.
So, the beam is still quite a threat, it's just that MSs are not the intended target for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
McGillis said at the end of Season 1 said that they gave up being human to win the war, which implies they went full on 100% Alayashiki with their Gundams. Won't even surprise me if they became like Ein either.
I'd take what he said with a grain of salt and a bit of hyperbole. I mean, If everyone of the Gundam pilots went the way of Ein, there would be no Seven Stars and no Gjallarhorn as they wouldn't be able to get out of their MS in order to do anything.

They formed Gjallarhorn after the war was over, and it was also then that they placed the remnants of the countries into economic blocs and set up the foundation of what the world is like in present day. Do you really think they could do all of that if they were all stuck in Ein-state?
I think its more so that they had to link to their MS, more so like Mika does. But I'm thinking there was someway they were able to do it and not lose their body to them. I think there is even a scene in this episode where they say that a "human can't defeat Hashmal", which may suggest that Mika has to become even more closely connected with Barbatos in some way. Hmm...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 22:10   Link #1320
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
My wild theory is that going full 100% Alayashiki will bond the pilot's conscience with the Gundam itself. Meaning the human body will die, but his consience will live in the MS.
In other words, they will become Gundam themselves (poor Setsuna).