AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-10-02, 04:27   Link #361
Marx-93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
I wonder if the illustrator just copy paste it while changing the hair color.
Bunbun has a bit of a same-face problem (you can see it even more clearly when you compare it with abec *cough* who is totally him/her too *cough*), though it's not as bad as other artists. Still, I find it very easy to forgive, because he/she is also one of the few ones that can actually draw clothes that are cute/sexy without being totally ridiculous or a school uniform (and can draw males that are not super-generic or 1000% super-bishie).

Still, I don't want to jinx it, but I think an anime adaptation could actually have the chance to not be totally terrible? I mean, it's fairly easy to see that V. 1-3 make a coherent and consistent arc (and I kinda suspect it may even have been done that way in purpose; lots of LNs now seem to take the possibility of anime adaptation in mind), and with 4 chapters per volume you probably would only need to cut and streamline a bit. And unlike Campione and Leviathan who right out were almost impossible to adapt, tactics and such can be more easily shown visually. My main point of sadness would be that Legions would most likely be CGI, which is a shame for those designs...
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 01:04   Link #362
dragon1412

same face problem happened to all illustrators, Manga artist have less problem with it thanks to editor and and character designs process, but in general, this happened all the time, Takeuchi is one of the famous example, Deathmarch illustrators also have the same problem. Their art style and body proportion is generally the cause.

Depend - sure the CL was designed to make it easier to adapt compare to Campione and Leviathan - but all in all we still have to admit that CL is still among the one that's is hard to adapt into anime out there/
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 13:58   Link #363
Happosay

Spoiler for Matsasugu memories:

..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I can read Japanese to some extent, but translating with the same quality and efficiency would not be possible. Glossary stuff, which is more fact-based and kanji-heavy, tends to be easier, which is why I was able to provide the World War 2 explanations from Volume 5 a while ago.

Judging from the Taiwanese publisher's schedule for the previous volumes, it might take until November or December for Volume 4 to be released.

The ones who taught Shiori the summoning ritual clearly have their own agenda and do not want Masatsugu to be fully restored, presumably to make him easier to control. Instead of unsealing Masatsugu's memories, one of them lends him a Feat of Arms during Volume 5. So in a way, Masatsugu is going the Godou route of borrowed powers.
Happosay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 16:52   Link #364
RDNexus

What about new volumes? Any news?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 04:27   Link #365
Marx-93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happosay View Post

..??

And the author seems to be busy writing Campione's finale, so I doubt we will have new volumes until a while.
Old 2016-10-15, 04:50   Link #366
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx-93 View Post
And the author seems to be busy writing Campione's finale, so I doubt we will have new volumes until a while.
Well, that, at least, gives us some time to get up-to-date with what's currently available
Old 2016-10-22, 22:30   Link #367
wghokay

For people in the forum who are interested in knowing more about real-life Subutai (i.e. Masatsugu's true identity), here is an interesting (academic) article covering his life:
https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/10.....47.1.0033.pdf

What makes this article different from other papers is that it covers Subutai's life from an objective standpoint.
For example, it was pointed out that despite his great reputation, Subutai did suffer two losses out of all 21 campaigns directed by him. In particular his second loss was against Wanyan Heda (one of the best generals of Jin dynasty), and Ogedei Khan (Genghis Khan's successor) was angry enough with Subutai for this loss that Tolui (another son of Genghis) needed to defend Subutai.
It was also pointed out that Subutai is only good in conquering countries but not in running them. In fact he planned to sack Kaifeng (capital of Jin dynasty at that time), and was only stopped by Ogedei Khan as he deduced (correctly) that leaving the city intact will be more beneficial in the long run.

I really hope that the author has done similar research on Subutai's life. Wanyan Heda as a Resurrectee aimed specifically to counter Masatsugu will be an interesting development, and making Masatsugu not adept at post-conquest management will make him less OP and giving a chance for Shiori & co. to shine.
wghokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 05:21   Link #368
Marx-93

You'll need to be subscribed at JSTOR or go through a library which is subscribed to get the article though (I could only read the preview).

Still, while the author does seem to love researching ancient heroes and curious battles and formations, I think in the end he also values popular history a lot as the kind of thing 99% of his readers would recognize. I think the clearest example is Richard I: while he cultivated the image of an incredibly brave and reckless leader in order to connect with the troops and raise their morale, he was in fact an incredibly careful military leader. His biggest victory in Arsuf was in fact due to timing a charge until the last moment despite the enemy troops harassing him, and he actually wanted it to delay it more (and there are some good indications that if he had managed to convince his sub-commanders to wait more, the battle would have changed from a "big victory" to a game-changer in the crusades). That and he actually preferred sieges and raids to pitched battles, like most European commanders in the middle ages (he fought 3 battles in comparison to 30+ sieges).

So I don't think he will go that far in Subutai's case. Besides, I think the author probably doesn't want the historic characters to detract from the personality he's building in each ressurrectee. That's also kinda probably why he went with an alternate history, so that he can use them without being completely shackled.
Old 2016-10-23, 16:51   Link #369
wghokay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx-93 View Post
You'll need to be subscribed at JSTOR or go through a library which is subscribed to get the article though (I could only read the preview).
If there are people who are interested in reading the article, send me a pm about it.
I will send the pdf of the article to you.
Old 2016-10-23, 21:15   Link #370
KnightShade

well i finally caught up, this is my favorite work from this author as i'm a big history buff. honestly (and you can go back and check here), i called him being ghengis or someone related to him the moment he compared kissing a girl to drinking horse blood LMAO. but i really did enjoy the mystery aspect of his identity, which made this thread all the more sweeter thanks to fellow history bufs. i really look forward to seeing other resurectees (especially if the author has the balls to cover alexander). maybe introduce a new antagonist and have a guess who he is?

i think the best thing i can say about this series is that the really balanced harem isn't even the best part for me

Last edited by KnightShade; 2017-05-16 at 00:43.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 22:45   Link #371
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by wghokay View Post
If there are people who are interested in reading the article, send me a pm about it.
I will send the pdf of the article to you.
sure could you send me the article ??
TBH, i'm really interested in Subutai Bio, since his early Bio contains literally nothing except his family and birth situations
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 13:02   Link #372
RDNexus

Goodness... In all this time, there has been no news of this story?
No new volume, nothing at all? The rare time I've read an LN...
Old 2016-12-19, 08:11   Link #373
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

discontinued translation project?
Old 2016-12-19, 08:22   Link #374
bakapervert
A pervert

^zzhk is a chinese translator. I guess he is just waiting until the chinese translation is moving befor he can begin translating again.
Old 2017-01-11, 04:39   Link #375
Sparteh

Question for those who have read more than 1st volume. Does this look like another Campione like true harem story or is it turning into somewhat another open ending with 1 preferred heroine like most of harem stories?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 04:41   Link #376
RDNexus

More like True Harem Story, in a sense, given the impression that the plot has given me so far.
Old 2017-01-11, 06:43   Link #377
black prince
Lost Child

Leviathan and Campione has 4 girls (2 Japaneses+2 foreigners) counted as main harem. So, I wonder when the 4th girl will show up at Legion. Though this one all 3 girls are all Japanese
Old 2017-01-11, 08:32   Link #378
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince View Post
Leviathan and Campione has 4 girls (2 Japaneses+2 foreigners) counted as main harem. So, I wonder when the 4th girl will show up at Legion. Though this one all 3 girls are all Japanese
My bets on the fourth girl being either Rindou or Eleanor.

PS: I prefer Eleanor because she's hot ♥.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 10:05   Link #379
wghokay

I don't think that we will get any new members to the harem, considering that the characters are (loosely) based on Three Kingdoms, and most famous ones have appeared:
Suruga(Shu)
Liu Bei: Shiori
Guan Yu: Masatsugu
Zhang Fei: Hatsune
Zhao Yun: Rikka
Zhuge Liang: Rindou-sensei

On a related note, here are my guesses for Wu and Wei:
Wei (Roman Empire)
Cao Cao: Julius Caesar
Sima Yi: Alexing Yang (fun fact, his Chinese name is Zhongda, which is Sima Yi's courtesy name)

Wu (British Empire)
Zhou Yu: Edward?

I have not been able to pinpoint exactly the corresponding Three Kingdoms characters for Richard, Eleanor, and Wei Qing. Any suggestions/help/corrections will be greatly welcomed.
Old 2017-01-11, 10:06   Link #380
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
My bets on the fourth girl being either Rindou or Eleanor.

PS: I prefer Eleanor because she's hot ♥.
Taking in account of the pattern the author follows in his stories, I'd say grand-loli is out.

Eleanor on the other hand...
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, politics