AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-12-20, 15:42   Link #581
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The criminal mastermind was out of everybody's expectations. I mean seeing Lillie run from Aether at the beginning was weird but her going batshit was just wow
Who is "everybody"? Speak for yourself.

The Aether Foundation was suspicious the moment the game started off with Lillie trying to escape from them.

And Team Skull was revealed to be far too incompetent to cause any real threat on their own.

And then there was the creepy smile Lusamine had the very first time you had to fight Nihilego.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-20, 16:35   Link #582
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Who is "everybody"? Speak for yourself.

The Aether Foundation was suspicious the moment the game started off with Lillie trying to escape from them.

And Team Skull was revealed to be far too incompetent to cause any real threat on their own.

And then there was the creepy smile Lusamine had the very first time you had to fight Nihilego.
Let me rephrase that because i do agree with what you said.. When the game first got released and we learned about Aether and Team skull i never expected that. Now make no mistake when Lillie ran from Aether i got suspicious and as the game went on yea Aether looked bad and Team Skull looked crazy.

However before the game was released nobody could imagine it ending the way it did. I mean honestly i remember posting something on this page about Lusamine and lillie being connected. Regardless this game surprised everyone compared to what we expected before gameplay began.

Quote:
The game seems to suggest an interesting spoiler about Lille and its a truly amusing one
]Lille is actually the sister of the Aether Foundation's leader and cosmog is the pokemon in its bag. Something happened to cause her to want to leave it and thats why she's where she is. Also why she doesnt like battles

How it relates to the show remains to be seen but its something
This was in the anime section and sure i got some stuff way wrong like Lusamine being Lillie's sister but i agree that once the game started things were more interesting

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2016-12-20 at 16:47.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 03:18   Link #583
Chosen_Hero

I'm pretty sure that anyone savvy enough was able to tell that they were probably the evil team just from the trailer alone. The beginning of the game only cemented this thought further.

What did surprise me though was finding out that Team Skull was a branch of Aether Foundation. It was also great to find out that the members of Team Skull are misunderstood, easily persuaded people who just wanted to belong and that not everyone at Aether Paradise was evil, just the ones in the know (except for Wicke) of Lusamines' lunacy.

Also, did anyone else notice the color schemes easter egg? White and Gold for Aether Foundation and Black and Silver (not white) for Team Skull.
Old 2016-12-21, 12:12   Link #584
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I'm pretty sure that anyone savvy enough was able to tell that they were probably the evil team just from the trailer alone. The beginning of the game only cemented this thought further.
Which trailer is that?

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2016-12-21, 12:31   Link #585
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Also, did anyone else notice the color schemes easter egg? White and Gold for Aether Foundation and Black and Silver (not white) for Team Skull.
I didn't notice that until now, very clever. Although I'm not sure if that's on purpose, because all Aether characters had a different character designer than the rest of the game.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 14:54   Link #586
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Which trailer is that?
This one:

Old 2016-12-21, 17:16   Link #587
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Which trailer is that?
To be honest, any one with their appearance. If overly white and "pure" didn't raise any alarms, I hope at least the scientist with the slimey did.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 17:31   Link #588
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
This one:

i guess i see what you mean about Lusamine's speech but truthfully it's one of those after the fact things where you can say looking back it was obvious but hey it's whatever.

By the way am i the only one kinda pissed at the lack of ways to train your pokemon besides beating the E4 after you finish the game.

I mean i use the island evelup for EVs but as for training there's nothing that's necessarily safe

Old 2016-12-21, 17:50   Link #589
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
By the way am i the only one kinda pissed at the lack of ways to train your pokemon besides beating the E4 after you finish the game.

I mean i use the island evelup for EVs but as for training there's nothing that's necessarily safe
The buffets in the festival plaza are best for getting to level 100. Although it's only really needed for legendaries and mons you can't breed. Other than that you can get most things up to the 50s in one or two E4 runs.
Old 2016-12-21, 17:54   Link #590
LostSome

Quote:

Like chaining Audino or Chansey ?
I'm thinking having Audino just outside the Battle Tree for quick exp.

Or make Plaza's shops less expensive...
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 18:46   Link #591
GDB

Quote:
i guess i see what you mean about Lusamine's speech but truthfully it's one of those after the fact things where you can say looking back it was obvious but hey it's whatever.
You can also look back in this thread to when the trailer was first released (page 16 or 17, I believe, using default forum values) and see at least one person call Team Aether out as being suspicious/evil almost immediately.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 20:19   Link #592
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You can also look back in this thread to when the trailer was first released (page 16 or 17, I believe, using default forum values) and see at least one person call Team Aether out as being suspicious/evil almost immediately.
it was serenade beta and he said it was like a religious group or cult which is far different. Though apparently theories that had Lillie being UB-01 and Lusamine's sister

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2016-12-22 at 12:34.
Old 2016-12-22, 12:15   Link #593
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
it was shadow and he said it was like a religious group or cult which is far different. Though apparently theories that had Lillie being UB-01 and Lusamine's sister
Actually, I think that was me. And I denied that they looked like the good guys too. And as far as anime and manga goes, it isn't really "far" different.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 12:34   Link #594
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Actually, I think that was me. And I denied that they looked like the good guys too. And as far as anime and manga goes, it isn't really "far" different.
you're right that was you my bad

Old 2016-12-25, 05:17   Link #595
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Good luck. Sadly, since I don't have another copy where to put all the pokemon I've caught, can't restart, even though I'd love to replay the game again, if mostly for the story and trying a different team. I guess breeding will have to do. Speaking of, has anyone here had experience with a particular mon already? I can tell you Mimikyu is definetly worth a try.

And yes, the AI can be pretty bad sometimes, but other times its like it was reading your mind, and that's scary because you don't know when you'll get the dumb or the psychic.
Thanks! I still haven't done the challenge yet though. I decided to prepare and get a taste for hard Pokemon by trying out Pokemon Reborn first and then replaying Sun and Moon and I've been doing that for like the last week straight. It's super fun and challenging for those of you that have never tried it. I'm very much a fan.

I want to replay for the challenge, the story, and for trying a different team. Will try to play like I have in Reborn and will actively switch up my team and make things challenging for myself.

I particularly found Wishiwashi fun. Salandit and its evolution are also solid. Didn't use Palosand enough to be able to comment. Never managed to find Mimikyu... I think Decidueye was cool, but I honestly prefer Rowlett and hate Rowlett's first evolution. I think I'm honestly going to try the clown on my next playthrough though I might give Litten a shot. I love Litten as well, but am worried about the third form, but eh it'll be fine.

Quote:
Good luck, I'm in the middle of mine and I have to say that the level curve is pretty great in this game. It makes it more interesting when you don't overlevel and potion spam your way to victory, if you lose you lose, pick yourself up again and try to do better instead of instantly losing the challenge. Also, I have to say that as of late Nuzlocles haven't been as fun as I used to think, especially let's plays.
This makes sense. And thanks! Also, I thought Guzma was very hard for me at times when his AI was being smart. He was lower-leveled than me and also kicking my *ss. That made the story all the much more intense and fun, so I was hoping to amplify the feel during my replaythrough. Pokemon Reborn has inspired me in many positive ways for how to do that.

Quote:
Look it's pretty damn obvious Hau was crushin on Lillie then again lets face it until she said she was 40 i think everybody was crushing on Lusamine. That my friend was a huge shock.
Yeah, I'm almost certain
Spoiler for for game's plot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler:
I agree, but the interesting thing was the extent. And I also agree with the second part of what you said. Those were almost literally exactly my thoughts.
Spoiler for for game:

Quote:
The criminal mastermind was out of everybody's expectations. I mean seeing Lillie run from Aether at the beginning was weird but her going batshit was just wow.
Quote:
Let me rephrase that because i do agree with what you said.. When the game first got released and we learned about Aether and Team skull i never expected that. Now make no mistake when Lillie ran from Aether i got suspicious and as the game went on yea Aether looked bad and Team Skull looked crazy.

However before the game was released nobody could imagine it ending the way it did. I mean honestly i remember posting something on this page about Lusamine and lillie being connected. Regardless this game surprised everyone compared to what we expected before gameplay began.
I agree with this sentiment as well. This pretty much perfectly captures the feeling.

Quote:

What did surprise me though was finding out that Team Skull was a branch of Aether Foundation. It was also great to find out that the members of Team Skull are misunderstood, easily persuaded people who just wanted to belong and that not everyone at Aether Paradise was evil, just the ones in the know (except for Wicke) of Lusamines' lunacy.

The game outright chose to make them seem the villains. It didn't even try to hide it. Rather it created dramatic tension by letting the player know something the in-game player characters didn't know. This is something they haven't done before, and I really liked the change in story-telling style tbh. It suited the games quite well. And yeah, I noticed the color schemes as well, but that was really obvious from the first trailer containing each of them... to be fair though, I'd seen a movie about a fake human rights organization just before so it was only to be expected that I'd make the connection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
I didn't notice that until now, very clever. Although I'm not sure if that's on purpose, because all Aether characters had a different character designer than the rest of the game.
I think it was on purpose.
Spoiler for for game stuff don't read if you haven't played through the game:

Am very excited to get back to this once I finish Pokemon Reborn. Also, Merry Christmas everyone. I don't celebrate it, but Japan does.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 19:59   Link #596
ImperialFlameGod8190

^You mentioned Guzma was a bitch well it's mainly due to golispod who is low key a lethal attacker and LO can do damage in Battle Tree. The surprising MVP is Toxapex. That thing is shuckle 2.0

Old 2016-12-25, 21:04   Link #597
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Absolutely. My Toxapex has dealt with pseudos and ubers online.
Old 2016-12-26, 23:52   Link #598
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Where did you find it? I didn't manage to find the place with the Corosola even though I searched around on the island that supposedly had it... :/ Also, do you know if they're going to fix the fishing at some point. That was my only disappointment with the game, though in reality it's interesting.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-27, 01:13   Link #599
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Where did you find it? I didn't manage to find the place with the Corosola even though I searched around on the island that supposedly had it... :/ Also, do you know if they're going to fix the fishing at some point. That was my only disappointment with the game, though in reality it's interesting.
If by fix you mean introduce a patch that changes how fishing works, no, there is no chance whatsoever that they will do that.

And Corsola can be found on Route 9 on Akala or Melemele Sea on, well, Melemele. It's a 1% encounter in both places though, unless you're fishing on a rippling spot (which you can thankfully save and soft reset with), in which case it's 20%.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-27, 02:01   Link #600
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Surf in the beach next to Kukuis' lab, but do so in the whirlpools since fishing in them has a higher chance of having one appear. If you don't get one leave the area and go back to the whirlpool until you get one, then use an adrenaline orb on the corsola and stall until a Mareanie appears. I literally get a corsola on the first try every single time, to the point that to me personally it feels like they are pretty common.