AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-24, 13:37   Link #241
RDNexus

I read Ep01 breezed through half of Vol01 or something, right? Then, how was the rest? If anyone here knows, of course.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 13:53   Link #242
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Okay this last episode was an absolute trainwreck, you really need to disconnect your brain entirely to not think of all the things that are wrong, disregarding how rushed they were.

I had been giving this anime a chance for all this time, I actually thought it was interesting and that it had potential, but in the end I guess it fully deserves the underwhelming reception it got.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 15:50   Link #243
bakato

You have to admit Gamon looked pretty cool in the end.
Old 2016-12-24, 16:15   Link #244
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Going back to your physical body after roaming around with your astral body isn't the same as going back in time, the things you have done while in astral form do not disappear.
If it wasn't so Kiryuu's "curses" simply wouldn't work as he eventually always returns to his physical body.

So when Gamotan will return to his body the odd eye will still be destroyed at the same point in time. Probably, his self in his physical body and his self as an astral body will coexist for a while.
That doesn't make sense. Many of the things they did as ghosts were in reaction to living events, and living humans did things in reaction to their ghosts. Sarai and the others would not have accepted they were ghosts if they had not seen their bodies in the moratorium. Asuna would not have participated in the investigation if Moritsuka was not confirmed dead.

Even if their ghosts would have been present along with their living bodies at the same time, there is no way they could have reacted the same way when events would have played out differently. There is a time paradox regardless.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 16:58   Link #245
IceHism

I'm kind of disappointed that Gamon didn't decide to resurrect himself unless he was over the time limit? The show didn't really make that clear. A fun show overall but not really comparable to other sciadv in quality.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 18:09   Link #246
Homura7

I enjoyed this ride a lot more than Steins;Gate, and I have that one really high in my list of all-time favorite shows. But O;N9 has got a special charm and a cast of characters unique in their own way that make it far more enjoyable. The story is also superior. Paranormal phenomena explained through pseudo-scientific concepts such as electricity and radio frequencies, along with the fact the plot doesn't blow the whole mistery till the very end, made the experience pretty fun and entertaining.

So I give it a 10/10.

Last edited by Homura7; 2016-12-24 at 18:20.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 19:32   Link #247
Wandering Soul

That ending just felt very unsatisfying. It honestly felt like it was put together at the last minute and it doesn't really feel like much of a conclusion.
Old 2016-12-24, 21:51   Link #248
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

This was really good, only if you really connected the dots the build up pays off.

I want Gamotan back!!

The VN better have him back or I riot.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 04:20   Link #249
Applehell

Well that was a kind of anticlimatic finale overall.

In the end it's a show I definitely liked more for it's concepts than anything else since the execution of it all was pretty bad. Doesn't help that every character was talking at like 1.5x the speed than normal making everything very hard to follow most of the time. Let's not even get started on all the unexplained stuff and how several characters were just pop in and out at random during the last episode. Bleh.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-12-25 at 04:43.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 09:47   Link #250
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I read Ep01 breezed through half of Vol01 or something, right? Then, how was the rest? If anyone here knows, of course.
Actually this is wrong, they simply reordered the events. The later episodes covered them alongside vol. 2 events up to episode 6. Most that got cut are Gamotan's inner thoughts, general babbling, and some tease to character specific route subplot.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 09:52   Link #251
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
This was really good, only if you really connected the dots the build up pays off.

I want Gamotan back!!

The VN better have him back or I riot.
Did you miss the part where he's in the Cold sleep room and the door opens at the end? That was a teaser, but yes, he's coming back.
Old 2016-12-25, 10:25   Link #252
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Actually this is wrong, they simply reordered the events. The later episodes covered them alongside vol. 2 events up to episode 6. Most that got cut are Gamotan's inner thoughts, general babbling, and some tease to character specific route subplot.
Then, from Ep07 onwards, what was adapted?
Old 2016-12-25, 10:59   Link #253
Homura7

Quote:
Then, from Ep07 onwards, what was adapted?
Unpublished source material. A effective method to keep viewers at the edge of their seats while at the same time it makes it impossible for anyone to spoil you on future events.
Old 2016-12-25, 11:04   Link #254
RDNexus

But hasn't the Novels been finished by Vol02?

And wasn't by Ep07 that the dialogues started speeding up a bit?
Old 2016-12-25, 12:09   Link #255
Homura7

Quote:
But hasn't the Novels been finished by Vol02?
Uhm, no. The release of the final volumes was put on hold to make way for the anime and not spoil the viewers the conclusion of the story. Because there's nothing worse than watching an anime you are very invested in and have some random idiot who read the novels drop by and ruin you the experience.

Quote:
And wasn't by Ep07 that the dialogues started speeding up a bit?
Fast talking has been a thing since the first episode.
Old 2016-12-25, 12:39   Link #256
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Uhm, no. The release of the final volumes was put on hold to make way for the anime and not spoil the viewers the conclusion of the story. Because there's nothing worse than watching an anime you are very invested in and have some random idiot who read the novels drop by and ruin you the experience.
Well...that's quite the novel thing they may have thought of.
Old 2016-12-25, 15:59   Link #257
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Did you miss the part where he's in the Cold sleep room and the door opens at the end? That was a teaser, but yes, he's coming back.
So when was Gamotan put into cold sleep?
Old 2016-12-25, 16:40   Link #258
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So when was Gamotan put into cold sleep?
Dunno, but his body is being preserved until they figure out a way to bring him back to life. This is the reason no one in the bar is sad he's not there for the meantime.
Old 2016-12-26, 07:49   Link #259
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episodes 10 to 12:
Well, glad that it's over and damn, never knew that the bar owner is the one who killed both Sarai Hashigami and Yuuta Gamon's father, just to help Emperor Takuo Narusawa's ambition of using Nikola Tesla's theory. Speaking of Tesla, never knew that he had a daughter who possessed Ryoka's body and Gamotan's radio.

In any case, The Society of Eight Gods of Fortune has finally defeated due to how Gamotan having special abilities that the 255 victims did not. Of course, there's no explanation how Ririka Nishizono got her body back, even though Ryo-tas' Poya-gun is needed to bring the rest of the cast back to their bodies before the incident happened (except for Gamotan).

Well then, it was a decent show and I understand quite a bit, although it would be nice if some questions are answered like Ririka's "resurrection", Shun Moritsuka's boss, etc.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 20:13   Link #260
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That doesn't make sense. Many of the things they did as ghosts were in reaction to living events, and living humans did things in reaction to their ghosts. Sarai and the others would not have accepted they were ghosts if they had not seen their bodies in the moratorium. Asuna would not have participated in the investigation if Moritsuka was not confirmed dead.

Even if their ghosts would have been present along with their living bodies at the same time, there is no way they could have reacted the same way when events would have played out differently. There is a time paradox regardless.
It can still work out. After Miyuu and friends go back to their original bodies they just go into hiding. With Moritsuka's help they have the news report that their bodies were found with the rest of the 256. Similarly, they have fake dead bodies prepared. Due to mutual recognition their spirit forms only need to think they are dead. They don't actually need to be dead. Asuna is either told the truth and plays along or kept in the dark.