AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2016-12-24, 13:18   Link #19461
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
And when was the last time you have seen Mikoto Akemi draw a offcial art for KC? Other than combat record, the artist's activity is one of the reasons for a given ship's possible K2.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 20:30   Link #19462
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
And when was the last time you have seen Mikoto Akemi draw a offcial art for KC? Other than combat record, the artist's activity is one of the reasons for a given ship's possible K2.
Get Parsley to take over. Quality assured, oppai saved, there =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 17:29   Link #19463
AC-Phoenix
Detective

While the new advantage of the reinforcement slot is obvious for Maya and the Duckies how is it actually for BBs and Carriers?
I mean theoretically you could equip iowa for AACI with it without loosing Artilery Spotting and can equip Carriers and BBs alike with Torpedo Bulges - But is that minor armor addition actually worth the Evasion you loose and moreover 500 DMM points?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 18:52   Link #19464
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I might be the odd one but I would rather put some AA gun on a BB's or CV's expantion slot instead of a torpedo bulge; they usually have high AA stat but don't use while a bulge drop evasion while giving a little more armor. My guess is than we will need as much AA capacity as we can get, not mostly relying on a single AAIC ship.
Old 2016-12-27, 09:10   Link #19465
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Details of Warspite's rigging, along with her combat mode:

Images
Warspite
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-28, 03:23   Link #19466
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

November ranking rewards are out early.

1 to 5: F6F-3 x2, Prototype 51cm Twin Gun Mount, Prototype 46cm Twin Gun Mount
6 to 20: F6F-3, Prototype 51cm Twin Gun Mount, Prototype 46cm Twin Gun Mount
21 to 100: F6F-3, Prototype 41cm Triple Gun Mount, Prototype 46cm Twin Gun Mount
101 to 500: F6F-3, Prototype 46cm Twin Gun Mount

F6F-3 is pretty much a Model 21 (skilled) with 1 less ACC but 1 extra FP.
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-28, 05:26   Link #19467
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Hellcats at last! Now would love Corsairs, especially Pappy's Squad.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-28, 08:35   Link #19468
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksmash View Post
F6F-3 is pretty much a Model 21 (skilled) with 1 less ACC but 1 extra FP.
I might agree with you if the F6F-3 did have longer range. To me the Model 21 (skilled) biggest advantage if its range of 8, the F6f-3 have a range of 5.
Old 2016-12-28, 08:49   Link #19469
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I might agree with you if the F6F-3 did have longer range. To me the Model 21 (skilled) biggest advantage if its range of 8, the F6f-3 have a range of 5.
Range is only a factor though if you're using these fighters in airbases. If you're using them on carriers though, the combat radius stat becomes a non-factor.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2016-12-28, 10:09   Link #19470
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I had a suspicion that they'd make them worse then the Reppu and Shiden kai in terms of pure AA
I kinda fail to see their use compared to the Focke. - Except of course there is a skilled version or a Grim Reaper Version of them.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-12-28, 10:10   Link #19471
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Range is only a factor though if you're using these fighters in airbases. If you're using them on carriers though, the combat radius stat becomes a non-factor.
Usually you will use neither the F6F nor the Type 21 Skilled on your carriers.
Old 2016-12-28, 10:21   Link #19472
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Which makes you really wonder if there is an upgraded version of them - Their use is extremely limited with only 5 range and being completely useless for carriers.
I mean why use the Hellcat when you can use Iwai or Iwamoto squads?

Old 2016-12-28, 11:10   Link #19473
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I mean why use the Hellcat when you can use Iwai or Iwamoto squads?
You can still use then as a way to boost non-AA stat by putting them on the smaller plane slot.
Old 2016-12-28, 11:20   Link #19474
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
You can still use then as a way to boost non-AA stat by putting them on the smaller plane slot.
There is technically zero reason to use them tbh which is what is bothereing me more than their stats compared to a plane that has never met them (obviously talking about the reppu here).
If you want to buff stats you can as well use the Zero 21 which you can get in far greater numbers, while you will have at best 3 Hellcats in total assuming Sara k2 comes with one, you can upgrade the F3f to a F3f4 and the f3f-4 to a F6f;
Deliberately not counting Ranking rewards here for now.

For the same ressources it might take you to get an F6F you might as well be able to get several 21 Skilled by just levelling another Hiryuu and Souryuu.

Old 2016-12-28, 12:46   Link #19475
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
This is mitigated by the fact that it's not really better than the Bf-109 or FW-190.
Old 2016-12-28, 13:59   Link #19476
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I had a suspicion that they'd make them worse then the Reppu and Shiden kai in terms of pure AA
Actually, if one looks at the performance of the Hellcat objectively (especially this F6F-3 version), then the stats are actually right around the range that they're supposed to be for the plane: it beats all of the basic Zero fighters - the 21, the 52, and the 53 - in terms of pure AA, has miscellaneous stats that they don't have, and the only Zeros that can match it are ones with skilled air crew and named aces. Considering that the Hellcat was in fact designed to counter Zeros, this fits in perfectly with how the game portrays it: the baseline Hellcat is superior to the baseline Zeros.

The Hellcat only really looks bad in terms of Kancolle simply because the Reppuu and the Shiden Kai 2 exist, which are both more readily available and much better at pure AA. However, comparing the F6F-3, which is a baseline mass production fighter crewed by average airmen, to high-performance fighters crewed by skilled pilots (hell, the Reppuu never even went into service, and only 10 of them were made), and the stats for the Hellcat do in fact fit into what it is historically. It'd actually be even more irrational if it suddenly had the AA of the Reppuu or the Shiden Kai 2. Hell, I know at least one person who thinks the Kancolle F6F-3 is "overbuffed" compared to what it should be!

Besides, the F6F-3 is pretty much the most basic model of Hellcat, and it means that they can add more powerful versions of it slowly - like the F6F-5 - without worrying about sudden power creep (i.e. no repeat of the Shinden Kai fiasco). If people really want to see something that's the equivalent of the Reppuu's, then they'd have to wait for stuff like the Corsairs or the Bearcats, or named squadron Hellcats ("McCampbell Flight" perhaps?).

Old 2016-12-28, 14:37   Link #19477
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Actually, if one looks at the performance of the Hellcat objectively (especially this F6F-3 version), then the stats are actually right around the range that they're supposed to be for the plane: it beats all of the basic Zero fighters - the 21, the 52, and the 53 - in terms of pure AA, has miscellaneous stats that they don't have, and the only Zeros that can match it are ones with skilled air crew and named aces. Considering that the Hellcat was in fact designed to counter Zeros, this fits in perfectly with how the game portrays it: the baseline Hellcat is superior to the baseline Zeros.

The Hellcat only really looks bad in terms of Kancolle simply because the Reppuu and the Shiden Kai 2 exist, which are both more readily available and much better at pure AA. However, comparing the F6F-3, which is a baseline mass production fighter crewed by average airmen, to high-performance fighters crewed by skilled pilots (hell, the Reppuu never even went into service, and only 10 of them were made), and the stats for the Hellcat do in fact fit into what it is historically. It'd actually be even more irrational if it suddenly had the AA of the Reppuu or the Shiden Kai 2. Hell, I know at least one person who thinks the Kancolle F6F-3 is "overbuffed" compared to what it should be!

Besides, the F6F-3 is pretty much the most basic model of Hellcat, and it means that they can add more powerful versions of it slowly - like the F6F-5 - without worrying about sudden power creep (i.e. no repeat of the Shinden Kai fiasco). If people really want to see something that's the equivalent of the Reppuu's, then they'd have to wait for stuff like the Corsairs or the Bearcats, or named squadron Hellcats ("McCampbell Flight" perhaps?).
Pls don't put it out of context - the point is that there is no Real use for them to begin with when you have the Focke and the the named squads doing the exact same thing just way better.
And even assuming the Focke doesn't exist, you still have the Skilled t21 being almost identical to this plane while being far easier to get.

Old 2016-12-28, 14:51   Link #19478
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Pls don't put it out of context - the point is that there is no Real use for them to begin with when you have the Focke and the the named squads doing the exact same thing just way better.
And even assuming the Focke doesn't exist, you still have the Skilled t21 being almost identical to this plane while being far easier to get.
The context I was putting it in was in the supposed expectation that the F6F-3 would somehow be equal to the Reppuu or the Shiden Kai 2 in stats, when that was going to be unlikely a best given that it's not a prototype (e.g. Reppuu), not a paper design (e.g. Fw 190T Kai) and not a named squadron (e.g. "Tomonaga Flight"). As it is, the stats we got for the F6F-3 isnt much of a surprise for me, and pretty much within the range I expected it to be: not quite mandatory, but not as bad as the Wildcats.

It's actual usage within Kancolle is kinda regrettable considering the existence of better aircraft available, but as far as representing the Hellcat itself within Kancolle's context, there's really nothing wrong with it. I'm just tired of people seeming to think that the Hellcat is suddenly going to be the new meta of Kancolle or something, and getting disappointed when this is all they got.

Old 2016-12-28, 15:02   Link #19479
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
The context I was putting it in was in the supposed expectation that the F6F-3 would somehow be equal to the Reppuu or the Shiden Kai 2 in stats, when that was going to be unlikely a best given that it's not a prototype (e.g. Reppuu), not a paper design (e.g. Fw 190T Kai) and not a named squadron (e.g. "Tomonaga Flight"). As it is, the stats we got for the F6F-3 isnt much of a surprise for me, and pretty much within the range I expected it to be: not quite mandatory, but not as bad as the Wildcats.

It's actual usage within Kancolle is kinda regrettable considering the existence of better aircraft available, but as far as representing the Hellcat itself within Kancolle's context, there's really nothing wrong with it. I'm just tired of people seeming to think that the Hellcat is suddenly going to be the new meta of Kancolle or something, and getting disappointed when this is all they got.

My disappointment lies solely into it having pretty much no use at all, while having a much higher aquisition cost. - and I mean that not in the sense of using it on a carrier but using it anywhere at all. (LBAS included)
TbH I'd say give it 1 Armor instead of the Additional FP and it would actually have a use, but sadly the 1 armor wouldn't count for the plane but the carrier. 8 AA was pretty much what I expected, both in a positive and negative way.

An example of where I have an actual beef with a main stat more the ARP Kongou from WoW as it is burning like a torch, but thats a different story (and game)

Edit: The other 'problem', and that is where the AA stat will start annyoing me, is that there is a good chance you need screws to get it in the first place.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-12-28 at 15:17.
Old 2016-12-28, 15:52   Link #19480
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1 point of armor isn't as effective as 1 fire power.
In fact, nowadays, 8-9 AA is perfectly enough, where 11-12 are only 1 of a kind for bigger slots where double fighters setup isn't enough.
Also note that german planes do not offer any accuracy bonus, so the wild cat is basically the best compromise in term of fighter providing offensive stats.

It isn't like the F6F-3 is fantastic by any means, but it is yet another plane that provide more firepower to optimize damage with a decent AA alongside.
And it isn't like the F6F-3 is the best american plane as Lowegear stated.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls