Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2016-12-30, 08:39   Link #2921
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
We see her revive in episode 1 of R2, where she is shot in the heart and fall in Lelouch's arm. She revive pretty fast to unlock Lelouch's memory via the kiss, but I most admit the blood stays on her cloth there. Although, when I wrote that thing about the blood fading, I might have been thinking of a picture drama scene because I can't remember the episode #. I rewatched the whole series + picture drama in the last few days, I might mixing thing up a bit.

The director apparently said that Lelouch's body was in the Damocles when they sent it to burn in the Sun in a post-series interview back in 2009. Note the apparently, I can only find the English "he said" text, not the original JP source.

The Code one doesn't make the most sense to me though. Charles was swallowed by the C's World, along Marianne, when it decided to keep the wheel turning after Lelouch asked for it. Lelouch didn't kill his father directly and his Geass upgraded to two eyes after the request was done, I'm not even sure if we can say that the condition to transfer the Code were meet there. Also, that scene happened a few episode after Lelouch believed Nunnally died and he was in "I want to die" mode which means he had no reasons to take the Code.

By the way, if that entity can erase people, it can probably bring them back too. It's the same place we see Charles talk to Clovis after he died in the first season might I add...
Ah true, that instance completely skipped my mind. I was mainly thinking of Season 1 for some reason. Did she die or get injured in one of the picture dramas?

I remember this as well, but don't recall ever seeing a source either. Made sense at the time though as a whole symbol thing or whatever. I do have to wonder how long it took the Damocles to reach the Sun though.

Eh, I think the argument could be made still. His Geass powered up and then we saw Charles grab him with his hand that had the Code. If it did happen I always presumed there. But yeah nothing confirmed as to whether it would have worked for conditions. The Code being taken was always done offscreen the two times I can recall it happening (and where the hell did V.V. get his in the first place? That's always bugged me.). Is wanting to take the Code a condition? While it happened offscreen I didn't get the impression C.C. took it from the nun willingly unless the nun got her to do it as some desperation thing or thinking "I don't want to die" or some such.

Possibly, though that feels like a Deus Ex Machina potentially. When did this happen?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 11:15   Link #2922
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Ah true, that instance completely skipped my mind. I was mainly thinking of Season 1 for some reason. Did she die or get injured in one of the picture dramas?
In the crazy birthday picture drama, she gets shot in the forehead. That's the last one I watched, I'll have to rewatch the others to find if there is other cases.

Quote:
(and where the hell did V.V. get his in the first place?
It's not mentioned, but I'll got with he got it from someone in the family.

There could be more Code owners around though. We just saw the Britannia's cult and we know they were conquering area with the "temples", so they didn't control everything originally.

For example, Akito has a EU general with ties to Geass and Suzaku's abnormal abilities were supposed to be tied Geass before Sunrise removed all that stuff from R2.

Quote:
Possibly, though that feels like a Deus Ex Machina potentially. When did this happen?
Speaking to dead Clovis was in season 1 episode 6, right at the start. Charles mention he was just talking to Clovis right now to another guy who came to tell him his remains just arrived (Clovis died in episode 3). Charles and Marianne getting "swallowed" (that's what the sub says) was in R2 episode 21.

And Deus Ex Machina is what Code Geass storytelling is based on, especially in R2. Although, while Lelouch is back for this sequel, I don't think the writer said he was alive, just that it was the same Lelouch (not a clone or fake). Him being a ghost would still fit the criteria (he was a ghost in the birthday picture drama).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 15:14   Link #2923
Xander

For those who are curious, it appears that the infamous cart is in the promotional video after all:

Spoiler for large size:

Quote:
The director apparently said that Lelouch's body was in the Damocles when they sent it to burn in the Sun in a post-series interview back in 2009. Note the apparently, I can only find the English "he said" text, not the original JP source.
"He said" is not of much value without a clear source. I really doubt that's anything other than a random English-speaking fan's own speculation. If this were actually true, it would be clearly stated in the Japanese Wikipedia and other sources in the original language. I've never seen them talk about this subject in the interviews available either, so that's probably nothing more than an unsupported rumor.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 15:39   Link #2924
kipzizz
Nobody Taught Us To Quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
For those who are curious, it appears that the infamous cart is in the promotional video after all:

Spoiler for large size:

I can see where this is going; oh Sunrise, never change.

愛するって 心から 心へと 残していくことだと 思う。
kipzizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 15:56   Link #2925
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
In the crazy birthday picture drama, she gets shot in the forehead. That's the last one I watched, I'll have to rewatch the others to find if there is other cases.

It's not mentioned, but I'll got with he got it from someone in the family.

There could be more Code owners around though. We just saw the Britannia's cult and we know they were conquering area with the "temples", so they didn't control everything originally.

For example, Akito has a EU general with ties to Geass and Suzaku's abnormal abilities were supposed to be tied Geass before Sunrise removed all that stuff from R2.

Speaking to dead Clovis was in season 1 episode 6, right at the start. Charles mention he was just talking to Clovis right now to another guy who came to tell him his remains just arrived (Clovis died in episode 3). Charles and Marianne getting "swallowed" (that's what the sub says) was in R2 episode 21.

And Deus Ex Machina is what Code Geass storytelling is based on, especially in R2. Although, while Lelouch is back for this sequel, I don't think the writer said he was alive, just that it was the same Lelouch (not a clone or fake). Him being a ghost would still fit the criteria (he was a ghost in the birthday picture drama).
Is that the weird one with people getting sucked into a jar? I'm not sure that's canon in any sense, though it's an example nonetheless.

That's possible I guess and interesting given the implication of Geass having an extended role in their family line. Still, the lack of actual detail has always seemed something of a plothole. Only method we know to gain a Code is to be given a Geass and then get it from a Code bearer once that Geass has matured. Yet never has a mention been made of V.V. having had a Geass. This is a plot bit I'd actually like for them to take a look at if possible.

I've always wondered about there possibly being more or not. The fact that they needed two Codes for the plan made me wonder if there were only two in the world or just others we didn't know about. Really, the Geass aspects to the plot is the most unexplained part of the series. Probably because it's more of a side thing intersecting with the world revolution plot that is center stage.

I wonder if the Suzaku stuff will get explained in this new series. He could see that world hologram thing Lelouch could as well with C.C. so at the very least he had potential. The weird Geass lady from Akito is apparently someone called the Caretaker of Spacetime or something? I need to rewatch but it seemed like she was some sort of anthropomorphic representation of the Universe or Collective Consciousness or some such. I'd be very curious if she popped up more in this new series.

Oh wow, I'd completely forgotten that bit. I really should probably rewatch at some point though this series is hard to do that with for me personally. I remember the whole R2 scene though.

For R2 sure but I can't recall this being too much of an issue in season 1. In any case, it's something they should try to avoid for this new series if possible. R2 isn't really an example of a good series to my eyes so I would hope for improvement where they aren't going for that sort of thing. I'd have to check myself as all I recall was the clone or alternate stuff too. Ghost Lelouch sounds so stupid but at the same time could be kind of awesome and hilarious.

Curious when we'll actually get more info on this new project such as what format it's coming out in and a release time. Could be wrong but I believe only the compilation movies are for 2017, which feels sort of impressive unless they've been in production for some time. I'd figure that whatever new scenes we get in these will give us some ideas on where the new one could go. The last film will probably do that the most I'd expect.

Quote:

Spoiler for large size:

Oh wow that's actually hilarious.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2016-12-30, 17:04   Link #2926
azarhal

I don't see much resemblance between that poor resolution image and this cart personally outside both being made of shades of brown.

Quote:
Is that the weird one with people getting sucked into a jar? I'm not sure that's canon in any sense, though it's an example nonetheless.
Yes that one, and I just take it as Kallen having a weird dream.

Quote:
Only method we know to gain a Code is to be given a Geass and then get it from a Code bearer once that Geass has matured.
We are in front of a dilemma. How did the first Code bearer got his Code if the only known way to get one is via maturing a Geass and taking it from an existing Code bearer...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 17:10   Link #2927
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I don't see much resemblance between that poor resolution image and this cart personally outside both being made of shades of brown.

Yes that one, and I just take it as Kallen having a weird dream.

We are in front of a dilemma. How did the first Code bearer got his Code if the only known way to get one is via maturing a Geass and taking it from an existing Code bearer...
I doubt it actually is as I can't imagine the distance it would have had to travel to end up in what looks like the desert.

That works as an explanation. Or maybe Nunnally having a dream.

I actually think you could explain that away easily if they got it from the source of Geass somehow or if there's some being like this Caretaker who was handing these things out. Maybe that'll be the explanation for V.V. if they give one. We could certainly end up with a Geass origin story in this new thing.

Old 2016-12-30, 17:30   Link #2928
Xander

Quote:
On the contrary, I would say the overall shape is also similar and the metal wheels are rather telling.

Of course, at this point everyone is free to believe whatever they want.

One way or another, we'll only get higher quality images next Spring.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 17:43   Link #2929
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
On the contrary, I would say the overall shape is also similar and the metal wheels are rather telling.

That's the home video release for this whole thing right? It's not a new PV but just this same one in much better quality?

Old 2016-12-30, 22:13   Link #2930
GundamFan0083

Quote:

I agree Xander.
The carts are visually similar.
It is also not there randomly as this is an animated series, so it has purpose as more than just scenery.
I would guess that it is symbolic and we are supposed to pick up on it.
Old 2017-01-01, 22:12   Link #2931
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Wow, I have to admit that the new project of the anime, is sees aesthetically very good, I hope that the new season have fighting epic and strategies incredible , all things that characterizes to Code geass.
Old 2017-01-11, 23:13   Link #2932
darthfury78

I am so happy that we're seeing a revival of Code Geass. Although, I wish that The Code Geass Oz The Reflection was made into an anime series before Code Geass R3....
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 17:05   Link #2933
Heke

I didint read tread much but is there comming new code geass? And will it be continued story or new? I love code geass anime and i if there is more anime than leleuch rebellion s1-s2 i want to know thoses.
Sorry my bad english.
Heke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 17:52   Link #2934
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heke View Post
I didint read tread much but is there comming new code geass? And will it be continued story or new? I love code geass anime and i if there is more anime than leleuch rebellion s1-s2 i want to know thoses.
Sorry my bad english.
Yup, another Code Geass sequel has been confirmed. We're unsure if it'll be a movie series or an anime season though.

Also, the original series (R1 and R2) is going to be compiled into a 3-part movie series with the first part expected to come out sometime this year. The 3 movies will also feature bonus scenes not present in the original anime.

PV announcing sequel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uauoksTrdqU

Hope I helped.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 18:22   Link #2935
Heke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Yup, another Code Geass sequel has been confirmed. We're unsure if it'll be a movie series or an anime season though.

Also, the original series (R1 and R2) is going to be compiled into a 3-part movie series with the first part expected to come out sometime this year. The 3 movies will also feature bonus scenes not present in the original anime.

PV announcing sequel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uauoksTrdqU

Hope I helped.
Yeah helped thanks. We have to look what kind movie this will be. I hoped R3 and see leluch alive

Last edited by Heke; 2017-01-13 at 12:49.
Heke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 19:10   Link #2936
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heke View Post
Yeah helped thanks. We have to look what kind movie this will be. I hoped R3 and see leluch alive
You're welcome.

Btw, Lelouch is confirmed to be the protagonist in the sequel. Whether he survived zero Requiem or did die and was revived is unclear at this point. But, rest assured, he's definitely in the sequel.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-23, 02:24   Link #2937
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Such excitement. Really hope the new anime turns out to be a series. Part of what made Code Geass so fun was the week by week cruising of the animesuki board as people tried to predict where the series was going, discussed their favorite characters, engaged in merciless shipping wars which sank multiple romance threads, and in general had a fantastic number of bans during the boards active period due to the intensity that Code Geass evoked in folks.
Old 2017-04-25, 17:16   Link #2938
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Such excitement. Really hope the new anime turns out to be a series. Part of what made Code Geass so fun was the week by week cruising of the animesuki board as people tried to predict where the series was going, discussed their favorite characters, engaged in merciless shipping wars which sank multiple romance threads, and in general had a fantastic number of bans during the boards active period due to the intensity that Code Geass evoked in folks.
I remember those days. Especially when I felt that Milly Ashford and Lelouch should be a couple. Alas Death and Lelouch won with Kallen coming very close second.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 07:31   Link #2939
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I doubt it actually is as I can't imagine the distance it would have had to travel to end up in what looks like the desert.
Not really. The same trailer also showed flamingoes, which gave us enough of a hint to tell us where they are; the Andes, Chile. There is a population of flamingos at a famous desert lake there.

It is physically possible for Lulu to reach Chile exclusively by horse cart.
Old 2017-04-30, 10:52   Link #2940
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Not really. The same trailer also showed flamingoes, which gave us enough of a hint to tell us where they are; the Andes, Chile. There is a population of flamingos at a famous desert lake there.

It is physically possible for Lulu to reach Chile exclusively by horse cart.
Oh didn't know that. That's actually rather fascinating. Do they have camels for the desert as well in that area?

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/858540835595472896

Better quality version of the teaser trailer. I think the scene with the cart you can more easily tell the front one is C.C.

I'm still irritated everyone looks exactly the same which makes me think this isn't much of a time skip.

Tags
drama, mecha