AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-03, 18:24   Link #381
AB079
Banned

^Yeah saw that too on Oricon, maybe this will motivate the studios to change the focus a bit and put more attention on a different type of stories. What happened with RnY is still a painful memory.

What I find funny is how a whole bunch of Kyoani fans are blaming this series and Konosuba for the lack of attention to the series done by that studio...is almost like they don't realize Kyoani will shine again when Violet Evergarden comes out.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 18:53   Link #382
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it was entertaining, even if I'm not a fan of the conveniently stupid (really, really stupid) enemy trope.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 19:14   Link #383
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, it was entertaining, even if I'm not a fan of the conveniently stupid (really, really stupid) enemy trope.
Unfortunately, and I insist, really unfortunately,because this caused a tremendous amount of avoidable deaths as a result, this really happened in ww1 so this is very accurate.
In fact, there is a far better % of competent general in the high command in youjo senki verse than there was in our ww1. So if anything, commanders in YS are quite a bit too smart in average.
Old 2017-02-03, 20:34   Link #384
Wandering Soul

Tanya using her childish voice for the declaration was great. The reactions of her squad helped sell that scene.

You know that Visha is now used to Tanya's methods by the fact that she started shoveling while Tanya was still talking about the training.
Old 2017-02-03, 22:06   Link #385
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that is some trianing well at less Visha caught on right away well the others left digging holes while bombs rain down on them
Old 2017-02-04, 01:40   Link #386
Nork22

Tanya's little graduation speech came straight out of Full Metal Jacket. Nice little touch there.
Old 2017-02-04, 01:46   Link #387
mergele

Tanya is super evil and love her for it.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 03:06   Link #388
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
In fact, there is a far better % of competent general in the high command in youjo senki verse than there was in our ww1. So if anything, commanders in YS are quite a bit too smart in average.
To be fair it would alienate people if they are historically-accurate-stupid.
Old 2017-02-04, 03:10   Link #389
Botan_TM

Quote:
Considering, that in real life Romania joined Entiente side just before Russian Brusilov Offensive failed and Russians had to retreat and so Romania was completely occupied, is somehow based on reality. Romania had some air forces though.

Last edited by Botan_TM; 2017-02-04 at 03:34.
Botan_TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 08:33   Link #390
John117xCortana

What exactly was that look that everyone had on their faces when the 2nd Lt. asked Tanya the question? You know, whether Tanya was sure she wanted the 2nd Lt. to give the warning?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 08:52   Link #391
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Unfortunately, and I insist, really unfortunately,because this caused a tremendous amount of avoidable deaths as a result, this really happened in ww1 so this is very accurate.
I know, but of all the times to stick to realism, why did it have to be "stupid generals"?
Old 2017-02-04, 09:14   Link #392
Arc Unin

In my opinion, I think it is because almost every general in YS is quite down to earth and prefer rationalism to spiritualism. This makes them irrationally competent compared to real world. Not the real world's fault.
Arc Unin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 09:41   Link #393
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

best episode so far... I really can't understand why they are acting like cavalry battle even though they have magic air raid squad...
Tanya is really doing a good job in training his batallion and teach them the logic of war tactics

That "Tamaya" scene is the best... that child voice is just brilliant
love it so much
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 11:41   Link #394
eiyuuou

If the real world generals didn't do dumber things, I might also agree.
Old 2017-02-04, 11:56   Link #395
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
best episode so far... I really can't understand why they are acting like cavalry battle even though they have magic air raid squad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
If the real world generals didn't do dumber things, I might also agree.
Like marching their army in summer uniforms, against mountains, in winter. (Many dieing before they even reach the destination.) Lets not talk about how stupid real world generals of that era were anymore. Needless to say there's no way for the people in Tanya's pseudo WW1 to even come close, and doubt anyone wants to watch that either; it's only good for dark humor, and it's only "funny" when we think back on the history books.
Old 2017-02-04, 12:06   Link #396
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Just watched episode 5, and I have to say, this anime does a decent job with the whole WWI but with mages aspect, definite historical parallels here. In addition to some of the other failings of real-world WWI commanders, the battle in Dacia reminds me of the French in the early day of the war (Yes, I know Dacia seems to be a combination of various Balkan countries, just saying there is still a parallel), where French infantry and cavalry were literally charging at German machine guns while wearing uniforms with bright red pants.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 12:30   Link #397
kari-no-sugata II

To be fair to the WW1 generals, there were many decent ones as well. Things evolved a lot by the end of the war.

Anyway, with regards to the uselessness of the Dacia army, it's pretty clearly shown to be the exception and not the norm. We've already seen two other enemy armies who are much more competent and technologically advanced. Tanya saying that it was a birthday present was pretty much lamp-shading this.

It's a pretty sure bet that Tanya and her group will be sent to either the western or northern war fronts next.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 12:49   Link #398
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Assuming it follows historical parallels it's probably gonna be the northern front.
Old 2017-02-04, 13:58   Link #399
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
I know, but of all the times to stick to realism, why did it have to be "stupid generals"?
Well in case of YS, they stick top realism with pretty much everything that isn't magic-related anyway, so the point is moot. Also, like I said, most of the commanders are actually ranging from smart to very smart.
Old 2017-02-04, 14:46   Link #400
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sure, 10 years old major. Very realistic.

Tags
reincarnation, tactics