AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2016-08-10, 05:33   Link #241
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
^With the Producer as Nicholas J. Fury
Actually, Haruka is Fury.
Old 2016-08-11, 04:03   Link #242
Seihai
スマイリウム

I have a question for everyone. Which do you prefer? Having the "save the school plot" or having the story simply go on without any pinch situation? And why? The former comes closer to Muse, the latter comes closer to, for lack of comparable groups, A-RISE, because their school wasn't in need of being rescued yet they still chose to be school idols to further their school's general popularity anyway. And if neither of those two, what would you have liked to see happen instead?
Old 2016-08-11, 04:32   Link #243
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
And if neither of those two, what would you have liked to see happen instead?
I would like to see them use this plot:

The world is in danger of being destroyed from falling meteors from space and the chosen 9 girls will band together and use the power of the Immortal Defender of Legatee to save the world!

Hopefully no one gets that.

In seriousness though, I'll still take the inane "save the school" plot, only cause it's enough to drive a plot about girls getting together to do something early on. The real fun is seeing where it goes during and after the "saving" plot.
Old 2016-08-11, 16:07   Link #244
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
I would like to see them use this plot:

The world is in danger of being destroyed from falling meteors from space and the chosen 9 girls will band together and use the power of the Immortal Defender of Legatee to save the world!

Hopefully no one gets that.
No! Bad Nork! We do not talk about that particular show

I admit I didn't get the reference at first but you made me go look
Old 2016-08-11, 20:27   Link #245
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
So you haven't seen the trailer?

This is a re-edit of the trailer with the audio.
That vid is am@zing! Thanks for sharing.

Really great artwork display here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
I have a question for everyone. Which do you prefer? Having the "save the school plot" or having the story simply go on without any pinch situation? And why? The former comes closer to Muse, the latter comes closer to, for lack of comparable groups, A-RISE, because their school wasn't in need of being rescued yet they still chose to be school idols to further their school's general popularity anyway. And if neither of those two, what would you have liked to see happen instead?
I'm taking a wait and see approach to Sunshine using the "save the school plot". They could do a good job with it, and honestly, I like for a Love Live narrative to have a true "pinch situation" at some point. Or even multiple pinch situations. I know some people like this franchise mostly for the comedy, which I certainly respect as the comedy is sometimes excellent and often good. But what I personally like the most about Love Live is the show's drama/FEELS side. No joke - This franchise has brought me to tears more times than the entirety of Key's library has, and that really says something.

I think much of the negative response to Episode 6's "save the school plot" is about Chika's initial joyous response to it. That's the vibe I get from reading some posts here on AS, and chatting with some other Sunshine fans about the show. While Chika's response can be funny and/or surprising to some viewers, it also can hurt a little. It can be seen as a little crude on her part, but I am inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt, so far.

If Chika takes the "save the school plot" a little more seriously/soberly the rest of the way, I think her initial response to it will get less important in time. So that's what I'm hoping for.
Old 2016-08-20, 10:21   Link #246
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Not that they'd ever do it, but it would be fun to see a "World of Love Live" series where each episode they focus on a different group in a documentary form.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 14:48   Link #247
Jimmy C

I was flipping through some discussion boards on LLS when I found this, a piece of official(?) merch from the show.

It's the backside of the shirt worn by the event MC in ep7 and 8. It has thirty names. With this, you can narrow down who were the top winners of the Tokyo event. Unfortunately, a check of ep8 shows that the 12th to 15th place groups also weren't shown. But at least, we can now know the top two are among the five names that weren't shown in ep8.

I'm too sleepy to cross out the names to get them though. And I can't confirm this is official either.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 00:26   Link #248
AP24

The school is forbidding fans to enter at any time, how sad.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 00:42   Link #249
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

that's very sad.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 00:46   Link #250
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, that's pretty sad. Was it prompted by a touring Sunshine fan causing problems? Or is it purely preventative/defensive?

In any event, I can understand not wanting to risk random adult anime fans making "pilgrimages" to your high school during school hours, but it's a bit of a shame that they're being blocked out even on evenings and weekends.
Old 2017-01-15, 04:15   Link #251
areyoubaka

Isn't it because Uranohoshi's based on a middle school, meaning the students are around 12-15? Maybe the staff took their students' safety into account.
Old 2017-01-20, 02:37   Link #252
Nork22

I assume it's more of a concern if people go trespassing on school grounds at night.
Old 2017-02-09, 08:08   Link #253
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyoubaka View Post
Isn't it because Uranohoshi's based on a middle school, meaning the students are around 12-15? Maybe the staff took their students' safety into account.
I'm inclined to think this is the case. I was in Numazu a couple of days ago, and I found this. As a pre-service teacher, I do take these things seriously, no matter the country.

Of course, I did take a great picture of Mt Fuji from outside the school, so the trip up wasn't a waste.

The Kurosawa household is based on this building.

Chika's house.

Mari's home turf.

A local fan id'd this as where You's house would be irl.

That's me chilling with Dia.

This is the place where Chika was showing off the local mandarins when they were attempting to film a PV. It's a hotspot for LLS fans, and I'm the first Australian Love Live fan to set foot there. Here I am, checking in (squinting due to shortsightedness).

Last edited by OZ7UP; 2017-02-09 at 08:19.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 22:17   Link #254
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I want to see the spot with the dirt!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 05:30   Link #255
SubaruSumeragi

2nd season was announced for Fall 2017.

https://twitter.com/LL_Wikia/status/835794777941516288
SubaruSumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 06:35   Link #256
AP24

I wish I was watching the concert live when they announced the second season.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 07:33   Link #257
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSumeragi View Post
2nd season was announced for Fall 2017.

https://twitter.com/LL_Wikia/status/835794777941516288
Good! Now that the prologue is done they can finally start the bloody story

EDIT: here's a more reliable source for the news in case anyone's wondering.
Old 2017-02-26, 10:47   Link #258
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Good! Now that the prologue is done they can finally start the bloody story
I do not speak on behalf of anyone else, but Love Live! Sunshine!! season 1 has all but exhausted the reservoir of enthusiasm. There's also the matter of steps in a certain direction they can't rescind, necessitating a gradual change in the forward trajectory angle to keep their own consistency. In so far as how much an improvement season 2 can be, I'd be lying were I to not find it amusing for it to exceed all of the series' entries thus far. Of course, the original series is on my favorites, and anyone should know I don't choose my highest dreams; my highest dreams choose me
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 10:52   Link #259
Jimmy C

Assuming a lifespan similar to the original, Sunshine has enough time for four seasons plus a movie. If they're going that way, they can divide each of the current school year's two LL competitions in half. One season would cover the prelims and the other the finals.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 14:51   Link #260
novalysis

I consider it very unfair to claim the story hasn't begun - 1 to 6 was the real prologue. It began in Episode 7 or at latest 8, when Aqours was punished for imitating Muse in the first half of Sunshine with a defining Zero in the School Idol world competition. The second half launched a huge ton of unresolved plot threads that deliberately did not receive a resolution. Briefly:

1. Saint Snow's ideology is actively antithetical to Aqours. A reckoning of ideologies is guaranteed.

2. The School hasn't been saved yet. Worse still, this is the countryside with a limited student base, so their chances of failing are.... very high. Much higher than Otonokizaka.

3. Chika proclaimed on that beach that Aqours is going to have to walk their own path, and run free. How are they going to accomplish that, however? I suggest giving the BD songs - especially Daydream Warriors, Thrilling One Way and G Senjou a listen. You can find them on youtube easily. I believe they are strong hints as to how Aqours is going to deliver on that promise.

4. The first season ended in the Regional Rounds. The Love Live Competition is NOT yet over, at least for the Summer. And that's before we go into the possibility of a Winter Competition too - for all we know, Love Live is twice yearly.

5. The Second Year Trio drama did not end with clear communications between You and Chika. Has this thread been closed for good, or will it re-opened? Remember, Chika still doesn't really know how to operate as a Trio - for Honoka, this is as natural as breathing - not so for Chika.

6. There's a huge number of Uranahoshi students who asked to join the Idol Club in Episode 13. Is this a one off detail quickly forgotten, or is this a crucial plot development that will allow Aqours to have the logistics and support staff members to do much more - even possibly field sub-units.

7. Is there only one Rival for Aqours? With a season 2, we are looking at a very likely Season 3 because it's WAY too early for Aqours to announce disbandment in anime yet. Remember, Episode 8 choose to hide the top two groups of the competition from the audience. Random detail, or Chekovs gun?

There's more than enough there for Sunshine to go in a very different direction. In-fact, it would be the epitome of bad writing not to build on at least some of those obvious plot-threads, any of which can likely plunge Sunshine into different territory than SIP. If being a rip-off is the main complaint of detractors, I think those fears are quite overblown considering what was laid out towards the end of the first season.

If they throw in more out-there possibilities like Sub-units becoming an actual thing in anime or Riko flashbacks in Otonokizaka, I agree with Jimmy C. We are easily looking at three to four seasons plus a movie here. If this is 52 episodes, the pacing of Season 1 makes quite a good deal of sense. At least, there's probably going to be a very strong sense of continuity between episodes all throughout in Season 2 of Sunshine, in comparison to Season 2 of SIP where continuity was strongest at the start and end, but the character exploration episodes didn't possess the same continuity. Note that I don't mean the lack of continuity is a bad thing - just that everything laid down towards the end of Sunshine Season 1 suggest that continuty is probably going to be crucial to Season 2.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol