AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-02-09, 02:23   Link #3281
ChuckE
Provoker

Wow so basically demons started it all. So demons are not that innocent.
Old 2017-02-09, 02:41   Link #3282
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
This new Lima arc visit will also answer many questions about that too. Hibiki is an actress.
Lol no. At worst she's just calculating bitch that want to make sure everything fall into place, not some girl trying to lie all the way for it and be a two-face faggot.

Chiya's ability hit the nail pretty much. Girl still liked her and said 'wow there's no change at all' even after she got her ability. This pretty much confirmed that Hibiki is a good girl at core. However as Tomoe said, she's beginning to lose her good trait slowly after her experience in this another world.

Quote:
As far as I can tell, his parents' only real failing is that being part of the privileged class of hyumans, they didn't realize that the Goddess doesn't give a Dos Equis about unattractive people, and would almost get their son killed. From their point of view they had a pretty good relationship with the Goddess (to the point where they could almost be called friends), and they foolishly thought that would be extended to their son.
Even they kinda realized that she will end up treating Makoto badly though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 02:45   Link #3283
travelingbum

these extras that are the same point of time the manga is also at...... when will we finally get a main story update......
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 02:57   Link #3284
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Whoa whoa calm down guys... The parent doesn't know that The goddess bear a grugde towards them. That probably the reason why goddess toss him away. After his summoning. It's not because makoto is ugly or anything. She just feel angry and want a revenge.. oh naisu... NTR.. I call Namorax and co...
Old 2017-02-09, 03:21   Link #3285
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
the only thing she's been "acting" so far is playing along with the hyuman's position of hyuman superiority, so that she can gradually effect change in their society for the better..
Again, this is just my impression. If I am clearly wrong somewhere, please point out where I can find it and I will correct/adjust my stance.

I do understand that people have character traits they don't like, and that's fine. My point of confusion is the almost rabid hatred it seems to have generated. Hibiki is, as far as I can tell, one of the more normal characters in the series. Immature in the beginning, (but so was Makoto) but overall well-intentioned for her allies (like Makoto), doesn't look down on other people (like Makoto), is gradually learning how to deal with people in order to achieve her goals (like Makoto), and puts her allies first above all else (like Makoto)
as someone who have read chapters far head of the translation,haha who i'm kidding, with reigokai current peace he will pass me really fast,since i'm very busy IRL right now.
well going back to hibiki; i also have debated this multiple times in the forum and have write far long summaries to collaborate some of those debates , some far greater than my English allows me to do so and i'm more than happy to find someone who could understand and look past the entire hate form that seems to build around her mainly because of minor exposure that she had so far.
trust me i can accept hate; but i can not accept some misplaced hate like for example: some people hates NTR(and i'm one of those) but i will never diminish a character in a book because he have done it and start hating him ; it all depends of how the NTR have been used and so on and in hibiki's case, there is nothing to bring so much hate to her like that; at least i have not been seeing that.
she have been naive and immature in some points in the beginner>> yes, she have.
she have been doing wonderful things in the situation that she have been put in the beginner >>> yes, she have; like for example she got to know that the entire current hyuman society is based in this discrimination against the devils and this have been rotted to their core; so she choice to focus on those who could still be "saved", and focused her power in the important young nobles in the kingdom to start to deviate them from the prejudice from young age; and later on, once the war was over, she would assume command with those youngsters to purge their society of that racism; and be aware that she never intended to govern herself, she want only to show the "way": is a very longterm plan, but she is doing.
she have grow a lot and have being building her "plan" for the future and as reader we need to really focus on the small detail in each chapter to get around to know her.
i'm not one of the hibiki's fan, but i could see her evolution from the beginner to the recent chapters and i must say that she had a even better grow that makoto,only if she had the power he has, or the information he have without doubt she would do many things different than she is doing right now or have done in the past.
in the end there is not really nothing that screams hibiki is bitch or so on, She is ready to have her revenge, but she knows the consequences of it; she is aware that is simple a revenge but what she can do? in the end she is just human too and a young girl at that, i would be more upset if she did not had any feelings of revenge, since she was pretty disgusted with the way that the nobles are and choice to leave fast to "battle" so she could be away from them, and that party was mainly her family in that world since she would not be able to go back.

i'm not gonna lie; LN's are not the best writing material we have so far in the world but without doubt is one that i like the most; and the reason is because of novels like this one where the author brings 3 people; makoto;tomoki;hibiki and throws then at this new world with magic and crisis and from each of them we can observe some reactions that at least is realist; is something that as i person i can say that many people would act in the same way as them if they are thrown in the same situation; of course there can be a 4 5 6 or many other ways to act but the way they are acting is without doubt something that could happen.

i will end the talk about hibiki with this quote from you; because it is perfectly to describe hibiki; only if she had half the power that makoto has, she could simple shit in the entire limia and do the things like she "want" to do, than the things that she have been "forced" to do for the greater good, and by greater good i mean; with less number of sacrifices.
Quote:
Basically, she's Makoto if he wasn't super-powered, was attractive, was a bit more skilled at dealing with people, and was tossed into Limia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Wow so basically demons started it all. So demons are not that innocent.
they are never innocent, it is pretty clear that with their current situation, they are in a do or die war; they are simple tired and could not fight against the environment that the goddess have allowed them to live anymore; they are tired of killing their own children if they are not the best and so on, we have even a important part of makoto's visit being focused on it where the current demon king did not wanted makoto to see the "ugly" side of the devils but in the end everything have been talked with the terrorist attack.
but since the beginner of the history they only had two choices left; fight the hyumans for a new a better land or go extinct.

edit:

have just read those new posts about the parents and i must say; i do not understand the hate for them as well; holy god; they could not have know what would have happen to makoto in that world; and they have choice makoto as anyone would have do; i bet here that if anyone would be put in the same situation as them, at least more than 50% would choice to send the boy than one of the two girls and i'm being conservative here , is just the way that our society works at the present, i will not even mention that one of them was younger than makoto, so the real question would be the older sister or him.
I do not have a sister; but as brother i can say without doubt that if i'm put in that situation i would at least prefer to be me, than my 2-4 years younger/older brother/sister; even more if i have been trained since i'm a child and i'm confident with my abilities and let's all remember, the bug never gave a "time stamp" for her to collect her prize, she simple said that she will take it and done; it all come as surprise because the devils was ready for their final push in the war, so she needed her hero ASAP.
And their parents choice to flee the world not because the bug is a pain but because they finally could see of how toxic and fuckedup the hyumans and that "world" was after everything was blow out in public , maybe is me because have not read in english , but the options that the bug given them like memory wipe so on and the way that they refuse them because in the end "they will know" what have happen and what the "people" have done because of it so it shows a lot that they are upset is with the way the world have been, not her.
this is reinforced because of the future of what have happen with their country or you all think that everything that happened after the matters have come to public was over with just talks? their country ruined after that, and the devils took possession of it; the entire case involving makoto's mother and the devil was a plan from the beginner from the devil side or everyone let that part pass?
for gods sakes, it becomes pretty clear by how the author have made the sentences of the chapters that both of them are from a very, very very, i will say again, very higher echelon of the kingdom and probably would be part of the ones leading it in the future , and without doubt that entire scandal have caused a civil war/witch hunter targeting her family or worse, that allowed their country ,one of the strongest, to fallen so fast against the devils.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2017-02-09 at 03:57.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 04:22   Link #3286
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc0s View Post
as someone who have read chapters far head of the translation,haha who i'm kidding, with reigokai current peace he will pass me really fast,since i'm very busy IRL right now.
well going back to hibiki; i also have debated this multiple times in the forum and have write far long summaries to collaborate some of those debates , some far greater than my English allows me to do so and i'm more than happy to find someone who could understand and look past the entire hate form that seems to build around her mainly because of minor exposure that she had so far.
trust me i can accept hate; but i can not accept some misplaced hate like for example: some people hates NTR(and i'm one of those) but i will never diminish a character in a book because he have done it and start hating him ; it all depends of how the NTR have been used and so on and in hibiki's case, there is nothing to bring so much hate to her like that; at least i have not been seeing that.
she have been naive and immature in some points in the beginner>> yes, she have.
she have been doing wonderful things in the situation that she have been put in the beginner >>> yes, she have; like for example she got to know that the entire current hyuman society is based in this discrimination against the devils and this have been rotted to their core; so she choice to focus on those who could still be "saved", and focused her power in the important young nobles in the kingdom to start to deviate them from the prejudice from young age; and later on, once the war was over, she would assume command with those youngsters to purge their society of that racism; and be aware that she never intended to govern herself, she want only to show the "way": is a very longterm plan, but she is doing.
she have grow a lot and have being building her "plan" for the future and as reader we need to really focus on the small detail in each chapter to get around to know her.
i'm not one of the hibiki's fan, but i could see her evolution from the beginner to the recent chapters and i must say that she had a even better grow that makoto,only if she had the power he has, or the information he have without doubt she would do many things different than she is doing right now or have done in the past.
in the end there is not really nothing that screams hibiki is bitch or so on, She is ready to have her revenge, but she knows the consequences of it; she is aware that is simple a revenge but what she can do? in the end she is just human too and a young girl at that, i would be more upset if she did not had any feelings of revenge, since she was pretty disgusted with the way that the nobles are and choice to leave fast to "battle" so she could be away from them, and that party was mainly her family in that world since she would not be able to go back.

i'm not gonna lie; LN's are not the best writing material we have so far in the world but without doubt is one that i like the most; and the reason is because of novels like this one where the author brings 3 people; makoto;tomoki;hibiki and throws then at this new world with magic and crisis and from each of them we can observe some reactions that at least is realist; is something that as i person i can say that many people would act in the same way as them if they are thrown in the same situation; of course there can be a 4 5 6 or many other ways to act but the way they are acting is without doubt something that could happen.

i will end the talk about hibiki with this quote from you; because it is perfectly to describe hibiki; only if she had half the power that makoto has, she could simple shit in the entire limia and do the things like she "want" to do, than the things that she have been "forced" to do for the greater good, and by greater good i mean; with less number of sacrifices.

they are never innocent, it is pretty clear that with their current situation, they are in a do or die war; they are simple tired and could not fight against the environment that the goddess have allowed them to live anymore; they are tired of killing their own children if they are not the best and so on, we have even a important part of makoto's visit being focused on it where the current demon king did not wanted makoto to see the "ugly" side of the devils but in the end everything have been talked with the terrorist attack.
but since the beginner of the history they only had two choices left; fight the hyumans for a new a better land or go extinct.

edit:

have just read those new posts about the parents and i must say; i do not understand the hate for them as well; holy god; they could not have know what would have happen to makoto in that world; and they have choice makoto as anyone would have do; i bet here that if anyone would be put in the same situation as them, at least more than 50% would choice to send the boy than one of the two girls and i'm being conservative here , is just the way that our society works at the present, i will not even mention that one of them was younger than makoto, so the real question would be the older sister or him.
I do not have a sister; but as brother i can say without doubt that if i'm put in that situation i would at least prefer to be me, than my 2-4 years younger/older brother/sister; even more if i have been trained since i'm a child and i'm confident with my abilities and let's all remember, the bug never gave a "time stamp" for her to collect her prize, she simple said that she will take it and done; it all come as surprise because the devils was ready for their final push in the war, so she needed her hero ASAP.
And their parents choice to flee the world not because the bug is a pain but because they finally could see of how toxic and fuckedup the hyumans and that "world" was after everything was blow out in public , maybe is me because have not read in english , but the options that the bug given them like memory wipe so on and the way that they refuse them because in the end "they will know" what have happen and what the "people" have done because of it so it shows a lot that they are upset is with the way the world have been, not her.
this is reinforced because of the future of what have happen with their country or you all think that everything that happened after the matters have come to public was over with just talks? their country ruined after that, and the devils took possession of it; the entire case involving makoto's mother and the devil was a plan from the beginner from the devil side or everyone let that part pass?
for gods sakes, it becomes pretty clear by how the author have made the sentences of the chapters that both of them are from a very, very very, i will say again, very higher echelon of the kingdom and probably would be part of the ones leading it in the future , and without doubt that entire scandal have caused a civil war/witch hunter targeting her family or worse, that allowed their country ,one of the strongest, to fallen so fast against the devils.
Agreed... And I wonder what happened if Makoto know his parent past... I guess last arc will be Bug Goddess vs Makoto. About hatred to Makoto parent's i believe it because NTR.. lol
Old 2017-02-09, 06:33   Link #3287
s.a.w..

Weren't the demons some of the original residents of that world, before bug came? Then bug made hyumans and drove the demons to the edges of the world(less inhabitable, less fertile areas)?
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 08:01   Link #3288
Keitaro hutako
Insecure writer

If you read the recently translated extra chapter 4, you should remember that it was stated that the Bug created the Demons too but made them live in a harsh environment...
Old 2017-02-09, 08:23   Link #3289
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro hutako View Post
If you read the recently translated extra chapter 4, you should remember that it was stated that the Bug created the Demons too but made them live in a harsh environment...
Maybe it was something from that story where those who were less beatifull recieved less gifts? And in the end demons were expelled.

BTW what is the current level of Lime?
Old 2017-02-09, 08:49   Link #3290
Corvo269

But then again, Gods of bith Earth and Bug's world thought that the daughters would be taken by the bug since Makoto was supposed to die as a stillbirth in the first place. The gods probably sent Makoto to Bug instead of the daughter since they knew that he was a freak of nature already considering he didn't die through sheer force of will bending his fate (when he was just born).
So they probably decided to send Makoto for the surprise and entertainment factor
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 09:21   Link #3291
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Spoiler for Quote:
Well I am just telling you that the dislike and hate started at chapter 30 due to that initial mindset, she did start to mature and regress after Naval's death. Another reason is her lack of care toward demihumans/demons in that grand plan of hers that puts them as slaves or second class citizens.

Personally, I don't hate Hibiki, but I do dislike certain qualities of her and there is a strong chance of her and Makoto cooperating in the future as shown in this current arc later. What I mean by unnecessary is putting her in Makoto's harem, there's zero point in that as I don't see any romantic interest there.

Unlike Tomoki who screwed up his 2nd chance at redemption, then 3rd chance, then another 4th in the future.... Hibiki is at least rational and responsible to a greater extent as shown later in this arc.

The test exam example does not fit as the scales are vastly different. She's basically like a corporate spy trying to find intel/trade secrets on a rival company using social engineering. It's not outright wrong, but its not right either. Although on Earth, its unlawful when caught.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get the hate for Makoto's parents.... we reading the same thing? It happened 23 years ago too.

It's kinda funny how the BUG was trying to separate the parents and a demon (Tomoki's past reincarnation 23 years ago lol) seduced/charmed her outside her calculations. Then Makoto's dad got her back and killed the demon (Tomoki).

And this extra is the reason I called the BUG one of those tsundere oujo-san's in fantasy novels that are outright irritating in the beginning then after the MC defeats them, then they mellow out. I still want Makoto to give her a "Touma class punch" in the future though.
Old 2017-02-09, 09:24   Link #3292
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Even they kinda realized that she will end up treating Makoto badly though
Sure, but Makoto's parents think it will be in the way a tsundere does it: As in there's some abusive actions, some harsh language, but at the core of it, it's because she cares.

(The whole scene of the goddess trying to convince them could be interpreted that way. And when she finally gave up, the goddess took a number of actions to protect them: language, divine protection, change appearance to fit in, etc...)

What they don't realize is that the goddess being tsundere is only for attractive people. For unattractive people, it's all tsun, no dere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Well I am just telling you that the dislike and hate started at chapter 30 due to that initial mindset, she did start to mature and regress after Naval's death. Another reason is her lack of care toward demihumans/demons in that grand plan of hers that puts them as slaves or second class citizens.

Personally, I don't hate Hibiki, but I do dislike certain qualities of her and there is a strong chance of her and Makoto cooperating in the future as shown in this current arc later. What I mean by unnecessary is putting her in Makoto's harem, there's zero point in that as I don't see any romantic interest there.

Unlike Tomoki who screwed up his 2nd chance at redemption, then 3rd chance, then another 4th in the future.... Hibiki is at least rational and responsible to a greater extent as shown later in this arc.
I can totally understand not liking Hibiki. Everyone has certain things that annoy them. It's just I don't think Hibiki's negative characteristics are at the level that deserve that much hatred.

Like, Hibiki DOES care about demihumans. It's just that she's also practical and believes that she can't force a major change in society immediately, that it would take time to gradually change hyuman's minds about hyuman superiority.

Also, while Hibiki doesn't care about demons, she doesn't hate them indiscriminately either. She just views them as the enemy side of a war. Makoto himself is guilty of this failing (as we can see in the more recent chapters, he doesn't even care that much about his students.)

The difference in what I would think is a reasonable reaction to Hibiki and the "OHMIGOD I HOPE SHE GETS KILLED/BUTCHERED/NTR'd" is the reason I said (half-jokingly) that I can only imagine people hate her because she wasn't all "Makoto! You're so wonderful and absolutely right! The Goddess is terrible and I should change sides immediately and help to burn down hyuman society! KYAH!"

Quote:
The test exam example does not fit as the scales are vastly different. She's basically like a corporate spy trying to find intel/trade secrets on a rival company using social engineering. It's not outright wrong, but its not right either. Although on Earth, its unlawful when caught.
That's the thing though. Kuzunoha is not a rival company, and they are not competition. What Hibiki is doing is that she realizes the potential threat that Kuzunoha represents, and as the "hero" of hyumans, she has taken it upon herself to learn more about a potential enemy. That is, sadly, the responsible thing to do, putting any personal feelings secondary to her responsibilities.

Incidentally, I think the test example is pretty fair. Because what determines if the questions are normal/unethical is the level of information being asked. "How was the test? Difficult" is ok. "What questions are on the test?" is not ok.

So can you give an example of what she asked that was so wrong? I see her level of questions at the same level as honest curiosity. "Where are you guys located? How do transport goods? Why do you hire demi-humans?" Questions that would be normal to ask an acquaintance you have not seen in a while and are surprised by.

Quote:
I don't get the hate for Makoto's parents.... we reading the same thing? It happened 23 years ago too.

It's kinda funny how the BUG was trying to separate the parents and a demon (Tomoki's past reincarnation 23 years ago lol) seduced/charmed her outside her calculations. Then Makoto's dad got her back and killed the demon (Tomoki).
Er.....Whut?

Is Tomoki a demon's reincarnation (which would be an interesting twist), or are you just saying there was another annoying character who likes teh womenz 23 years ago?

Last edited by Rasen; 2017-02-09 at 09:49.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 09:32   Link #3293
moneng85
(´・ω・`)

I think most people hated Hibiki because in one of the raws, it is stated that Hibiki just want to see Makoto as someone that can be used, and because he is dangerous(heard from a dragon) and cannot be used, she want to sacrifice around 100,000 people(if i am not mistaken) just to send him back to Earth(some might think Hibiki is sending him back because she is kind but it is because she couldn't kill him, so this is the only method left)
i mean at least i don't see justice in this action(well, not like Makoto is a just-person either)

please correct me of any mistakes

edit: 1000 not 100,000 people

Last edited by moneng85; 2017-02-09 at 10:05.
moneng85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 09:55   Link #3294
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneng85 View Post
I think most people hated Hibiki because in one of the raws, it is stated that Hibiki just want to see Makoto as someone that can be used, and because he is dangerous(heard from a dragon) and cannot be used, she want to sacrifice around 100,000 people(if i am not mistaken) just to send him back to Earth(some might think Hibiki is sending him back because she is kind but it is because she couldn't kill him, so this is the only method left)
i mean at least i don't see justice in this action(well, not like Makoto is a just-person either)

IF that is true, then I can understand the hatred.

However, as far as the translated chapters have shown so far, Hibiki currently views Kuzunoha as dangerous and so doesn't want to make enemies of them. However if Kuzunoha and the demons were to destroy each other, it would benefit the hyumans.

Sadly, Hibiki is putting her responsibilities before her personal feelings. But I can respect that, even if I don't like it. It's the natural extension to "Kill one to save many" (ala Kiritsugu)
Old 2017-02-09, 09:58   Link #3295
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneng85 View Post

It's the dragon who did that, giving a book to summon god that sacrificed bunch of people etc. Hibiki was mostly trying to make sure that Makoto doesn't use his power since it's dangerous and not to let his power grow (since the dragon told her to do that). Both of them doesn't understand that Makoto will never hurt or use his power unless you're poking him first though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 10:28   Link #3296
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
It's the dragon who did that, giving a book to summon god that sacrificed bunch of people etc. Hibiki was mostly trying to make sure that Makoto doesn't use his power since it's dangerous and not to let his power grow (since the dragon told her to do that). Both of them doesn't understand that Makoto will never hurt or use his power unless you're poking him first though
It's hard to argue with their worries though, because if the dreams Makoto has had are any indication, Makoto goes the mass-murderer route WAY too often.

(It's not entirely his fault, but given enough power and a hostile environment, this is apparently his default response.)

Dream 1: Ever play Maniac Mansion and put a hamster in a microwave?

Dream 2: Saved by Tomoki, he goes on to nuke Lorel.

Dream 3: Saved by demons, he becomes the Demon Lord

Dream 4: BURN IT ALL DOWN
Old 2017-02-09, 12:06   Link #3297
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And this extra is the reason I called the BUG one of those tsundere oujo-san's in fantasy novels that are outright irritating in the beginning then after the MC defeats them, then they mellow out. I still want Makoto to give her a "Touma class punch" in the future though.
If Makoto know what really happened to his parent's I believe Tomoki will be really dead by now.. oh.. he already wanted to snatched Tomoe.. yay.. there's probability that she will became harem member.. oh Ema is quite cute too ya know...
Old 2017-02-09, 12:22   Link #3298
Hiro Hayase

Quote:

Spoiler for Quote:
Hibiki is borderline in the questions, well Makoto is also at fault for easily letting it out just because she's a senpai in class. Tomoe did slyly caution her about that, and Mio downright threatened her not to seduce Makoto.

Hibiki's plan is one thing, but will the demihumans or demons accept it so easily even if they lose the war? The core issue of this racism stems from the BUG's religion and her preferential bias for beauty/hyumans. I feel she is underestimating that aspect of the equation too much due to her obvious inexperience.

Also, Hibiki is quite rational. That dragon was either a terrible advisor, or intentionally trying to create chaos, even if Hibiki sent Makoto back to Earth he might still find a way to get back with the help of his fanclub in the divine realm. Plus even without Makoto, Asora is quite the threat to demons/hyumans, and provoking them might create a bad end for her. She recognizes those risks and steered clear of them at the end. In any case, she realized that she's not Makoto's opponent at all. It's as futile as a human trying to injure the ocean by punching it.

I think we should put Hibiki's character discussion on hold at least for a few more chapters, so that everyone is on the same page for the discussion.

Quote:
Er.....Whut?

Is Tomoki a demon's reincarnation (which would be an interesting twist), or are you just saying there was another annoying character who likes teh womenz 23 years ago?
Oh hahaha don't take that one seriously lol. I only meant it as a joke since that demon was a master of seducing/charming and etc. And its 23 years into the past before Tomoki was born. The moral of that story is that Tomoki will probably meet the same demise as that demon.

Tomoki being that demon's reincarnation is a joke~
Old 2017-02-09, 12:30   Link #3299
m4rc0s

Quote:
It's hard to argue with their worries though, because if the dreams Makoto has had are any indication, Makoto goes the mass-murderer route WAY too often.

(It's not entirely his fault, but given enough power and a hostile environment, this is apparently his default response.)

Dream 1: Ever play Maniac Mansion and put a hamster in a microwave?

Dream 2: Saved by Tomoki, he goes on to nuke Lorel.

Dream 3: Saved by demons, he becomes the Demon Lord

Dream 4: BURN IT ALL DOWN
we must always remember that the one who made the first nuking was the bug as well, is not that he have been put in a hostile environment, he was attack because of his first creation at the demon arc and probably Mio perished with that attack since she must have being the one responsible to hold the dragon attack back at that timeline as well, and the bug outright attack once makoto done creation; there is some difference with the current timeline but this is how the events unfold in that timeline once we have the response from the old gold (never remember his same) together with all the dreams put together, of course could have other ways of everything going on, but the chapters point to that way, so he is no way wrong to retaliate as well, the scale just got bigger.

Now about the entire tomoki reincarnation as that devil , i'm sure he was joking when he said that and everyone is taking that all too serious , at least it seems so.. hahaha.

Now, going back a little to hibiki, that chapter about waterfall and the ritual, is already done i think, or we you all need only to wait 1-2 chapter to know how the events unfold but i will write my reasoning about it as well:
for me the entire talk that have happen and hibiki plans with him is without doubt the right thing to do; think about it; she is a person living in that world now , and not only that, she is the hero that have to shoulder the lives of thousands of people and then comes a dude, who is literally a human nuke and she HAVE to be able to stop him if everything comes to nuke, and to sacrifice 1k-10k humans to do that is fair reasonable option for what she is going against , she have done war and the hyumans have already lot many more than that with stella battle alone for example, so why we would criticize her because of that? she is aware that she does not want to sacrifice anyone but in the end if everything comes to worse she is ready to do so as well, this is progress and most important maturity as well and to keep it clear, she recognize that sending him back would create more problems than solution because of MIo and by this extend asora, since she did not really know about it at that time, but she is aware that shit was going to hit the fan too because of it.

Edit:
Quote:

Hibiki's plan is one thing, but will the demihumans or demons accept it so easily even if they lose the war? The core issue of this racism stems from the BUG's religion and her preferential bias for beauty/hyumans. I feel she is underestimating that aspect of the equation too much due to her obvious inexperience.
}I can say without doubt, that after everything i have ready so far; if HIbiki had become the queen of the hyumans, the devils would accept her plan without question even without losing the war , this is just how severe their situation is; and with someone strong enough to uphold the laws with the slavery, like no mistreatment, only using for work and have "their right" as well, without doubt they would go with it; since in hibiki owns plan there is a place for them to upgrade from the slavery status as well. , they would not become slave forever, they will receive miss deeds in the outer region of the world, and could have one or two victimize as well, but her slavery plan comes from the principle of allowing the hyumans to interact with the devils and suppress the bug religion, something that is already in progress with the future rulers of the kingdom , not only that; as she is molding the future rulers of limia, she would without doubt plan her way as well to free the slaves with them with the future; it could take one generation or two, for the core that is rot from limia to go, but it would be, and the devils would have fair "better" live in a sense than they have right now, because i bet that no one of them want to keep killing the children-weaklings, adults and so on who could not contribute to their society anymore for example.
this have happen multiple times in our world, hell in my country , we as colonial country had our entire economic based on slavery manpower in earlier 17-18 century in brazil, but once portugal have send the law to abide slavery, and enforced it later on; our history have show that many, of the so called free man, have choice to go back to their "Lords" now, because the situation that they had by being free, it was far worse than they had when they worked for them like for example many of them died of hunger.
I'm not saying that slavery is good; nor even close but as someone who have learned about it and the effects of it in my own country for a good amount of years in school and so on, i can resemble that "hibiki" slavery is far more similar than the "slavery" we had pos the free law, where they would accept it more about because of the circumstances that they are,no food; nor land. nothing to do to change that; than a typical slave stereotype, where the hymans would be killing devils slaves everywhere and so on, this is not the type of slave that hibiki have in her plan, but without doubt it will happen to many of them, but would still be better than going extinct, this is just how severe they are right now, and with the arrival of makoto's asora teleport ability, things may chance for better but without it, i can totally see they accepting without even going to war.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2017-02-09 at 12:51.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 12:58   Link #3300
evilgenius

the parents are shitty. i dont even care about the NTR stuff, all the people lose their minds when their perceive ''oh its NTR'' but thats not the important. First, really they cannot go to another place in the entire world? really? to tsige or someplace? secondo, they draw makoto a horrible hand, instead of explaining things as a child they trained him in some stuff, but the thing that saved makoto was the brogod blessings, and for the things they are talking between them they KNOW that the goddes isnt normal and also know that makoto is not handsome as the rest of the family, i dont remember what chapter but makoto or someone remarks this clearly. And if they prepared her children for this they at least suspect that the goddes will take one of them, but the levity of their reaction is off the charts, '' oh our kid is indeed something important, well hope for the best'' hahaha shitty parents at their best.
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, gods, harem, harem yet no harem, no romance, overpowered mc, power fantasy, summoned hero, webnovel