AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-02-09, 14:41   Link #9761
DragonEye

I actually believe that if Ikki could do the stuff that Vergil does, then that would be perfect!
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 16:30   Link #9762
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Agreed. Vergil's moves are really cool. Though I guess Ikki would have to really push himself as a Desperado to get the same level of speed as Vergil in Devil Trigger mode.

Dante is also great, but he has a European sword. Ikki should know how to use them, too, at least, but he uses a Japanese sword as his main weapon.
Old 2017-02-09, 17:25   Link #9763
DragonEye

Part 9 is out and daaaaamn, Kuraudo is a beast, too bad that he lost, but he did went all out! Now, maybe everyone who thought that Ikki's Perfect Vision allowed him to perfectly use any move finally see that Ikki is no god, Ikki himself just said that he could not imitate Ten'i Muhou at the same level that Kuraudo is using, so even his Perfect Vision has limits, even though Ten'i Muhou is a swordsmanship technique. Now I can see that even if Ikki trains more and more his ability to use Edelweiss's style, he won't be able to use as great as she can. What he can do is adapt it to use the best way he can, but he probably won't master it at her level.

Last edited by DragonEye; 2017-02-09 at 17:42.
Old 2017-02-09, 21:06   Link #9764
Userunfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
Part 9 is out and daaaaamn, Kuraudo is a beast, too bad that he lost, but he did went all out! Now, maybe everyone who thought that Ikki's Perfect Vision allowed him to perfectly use any move finally see that Ikki is no god, Ikki himself just said that he could not imitate Ten'i Muhou at the same level that Kuraudo is using, so even his Perfect Vision has limits, even though Ten'i Muhou is a swordsmanship technique. Now I can see that even if Ikki trains more and more his ability to use Edelweiss's style, he won't be able to use as great as she can. What he can do is adapt it to use the best way he can, but he probably won't master it at her level.
But Ikki's mastery is something completely different...

Ten'i Muhou WITH Edelweiss swordsmanship...

it seems obvious that Ikki relies on combining techniques, and because of this, total mastery is less important.

Btw: Most perverted girl in anime is that girl on Ben-to.

utterly ROTFLMAO
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 22:09   Link #9765
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
Kuraudo's Ten'i Muhou is far more superior because of his Marginal Counter. If a technique involves natural born abilities like Marginal Counter or Blazer abilities, then Ikki can never immitate it as good as the original user. Edelweiss' technique is pure physical skill but if her technique is enhanced by her Blazer ability, then Ikki can never do it as good as her. Moreover, Ikki uses one-sword style and Edelweiss uses two-sword style so they can't be compared.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 00:18   Link #9766
KnightShade

"Here and now, a single man's wish to catch up and surpass his foe came to an end."

What a waste....
Old 2017-02-10, 03:35   Link #9767
Userunfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
"Here and now, a single man's wish to catch up and surpass his foe came to an end."

What a waste....
Sorry, but i think you're wrong. The whole point of this series is overcoming the fear of monsters, and becoming better, honing yourself and meeting that rival that will make you work harder than you'd ever thought before.

Don't you think IKKI more than anyone knows EXACTLY what he's feeling? look at his fiance!
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 05:02   Link #9768
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Userunfriendly View Post

it seems obvious that Ikki relies on combining techniques, and because of this, total mastery is less important.

utterly ROTFLMAO
Ikki at this time already knows Edelweiss swordsmanship, and even knowing it he still says that he can't use Ten'i Muhou at Kuraudo's level.

I believe it's safe to say that almost every blazer will develop swordsmanships that are to be enhanced or that combine with their blazer ability, not everyone, but most of them. I still say that Ikki won't use Edelweiss's swordsmanship as good as her.
Old 2017-02-10, 06:30   Link #9769
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Kuraudo's Ten'i Muhou is far more superior because of his Marginal Counter. If a technique involves natural born abilities like Marginal Counter or Blazer abilities, then Ikki can never immitate it as good as the original user. Edelweiss' technique is pure physical skill but if her technique is enhanced by her Blazer ability, then Ikki can never do it as good as her. Moreover, Ikki uses one-sword style and Edelweiss uses two-sword style so they can't be compared.
Yep. QFT.

Edelweiss also showed that Perfect Vision and Blade Steal have limits and that they aren't perfect. Here, we get told that indirectly from Ikki when he says that he can't use Ten'i Muhou as well as Kuraudo can. And as DragonEye said, Ikki at this time can already use Edelweiss' swordsmanship, so it means he thinks he can't use Ten'i Muhou as well as Kuraudo even with Edelweiss' swordsmanship.

And of course, he also surely can't use Edelweiss' swordsmanship as well as she herself can, either, as others on here including B214 pointed out. That's even more the case if Edelweiss' Blazer ability (whatever it is) is backing the original up. Ikki can't copy Blazer abilities.

There was something in this chapter I want to ask everyone's opinion on, by the way. It said that the Ten'i Muhou plus Marginal Counter combo Kuraudo used to slip through that undead army's barrage is something even the world's strongest sword can't beat. Is this meant to tell us that even Edelweiss can't beat this combo? What does everyone else think?
Old 2017-02-10, 06:51   Link #9770
Nyaa-kun
Blood is my salvation

If Kuraudo were at the same level as Edelweiss then she probably be having a hard time fighting him.But I think it's just Ikki exaggerating.He still has a long way to go.

この世界はもう終わりだ。
Nyaa-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 07:29   Link #9771
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:

utterly ROTFLMAO
There are times where I sometimes confuse Ikki with Kurokami Medaka...actually Ikki is the male version of Medaka.
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 07:36   Link #9772
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyaa-kun View Post
If Kuraudo were at the same level as Edelweiss then she probably be having a hard time fighting him.But I think it's just Ikki exaggerating.He still has a long way to go.
That wasn't Ikki's thought, though, was it? It was the narrator. That fight wasn't from Ikki's POV anyway.
Old 2017-02-10, 07:45   Link #9773
Ultragunner

u know, sometimes I wish we had a benevolent troll character in Rakudai because everyone is so darn serious
and I emphasise the word "benevolent" so characters like All-Goal are out, Kagamin is close to what I have in mind but she doesn't really have the fortitude to troll those OP people
Old 2017-02-10, 08:59   Link #9774
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yep. QFT.

Edelweiss also showed that Perfect Vision and Blade Steal have limits and that they aren't perfect. Here, we get told that indirectly from Ikki when he says that he can't use Ten'i Muhou as well as Kuraudo can. And as DragonEye said, Ikki at this time can already use Edelweiss' swordsmanship, so it means he thinks he can't use Ten'i Muhou as well as Kuraudo even with Edelweiss' swordsmanship.

And of course, he also surely can't use Edelweiss' swordsmanship as well as she herself can, either, as others on here including B214 pointed out. That's even more the case if Edelweiss' Blazer ability (whatever it is) is backing the original up. Ikki can't copy Blazer abilities.

There was something in this chapter I want to ask everyone's opinion on, by the way. It said that the Ten'i Muhou plus Marginal Counter combo Kuraudo used to slip through that undead army's barrage is something even the world's strongest sword can't beat. Is this meant to tell us that even Edelweiss can't beat this combo? What does everyone else think?
Maybe if Kuraudo could read and keep up with Edelweiss, then this combo would be great against her. But even with his Marginal Counter, he couldn't really keep up with Fake Ikki's speed, making the combo useless. He can react fast, but to react he needs to see or know where the attack is coming from. He was startled by the Fake Ikki but he couldn't use the combo because he wasn't able to track the movements. But I really believe that if he could keep up with that speed, then his Ten'i Muhou+Marginal Counter would be perfect to fight against Edelweiss...unless she uses her blazer ability that could be something to power up even more her movements, or attack in some kind of way that Kuraudo couldn't track. So yeah, if he had that movement speed and could track her movements, I believe his combo would save him in a fight against her, when speaking only about physical abilities
Old 2017-02-10, 09:13   Link #9775
AP24

Given how Edelweiss' technique works I doubt it can improve Ten'i Muhou. Marginal Counter can improve Ten'i Muhou because they are compatible. Edelweiss' technique doesn't just improve Ikki's basic physical capabilities, it also improves his secret sword techniques.

Saigeki: The amount of power needed for Saigeki previously could only be achieved with Itto Shura but now Ikki is able to generate enough power for it with Edelweiss’ technique. So Ikki's Saigeki should be more powerful when he's in Itto Shura mode.

Raikou: Ikki previously could use Raikou only when he's in Itto Shura mode but after learning Edelweiss' technique he is fast enough to use it normally. So Raikou in Itto Shura mode should be much faster.

Shinkirou: During Ikki and Stella's match, he was shown able to create multiple afterimages but previously he only created one afterimage every time he used Shinkirou. It's possible Ikki is now able to create more afterimages due to being faster from Edelweiss' technique.

Oikage: Ikki probably was able to create this technique only after learning Edelweiss' technique.

I think Ikki has already reached the peak of his physical capabilities which is why he was able to become a Desperado. The only way he can further improve his sword techniques is if he improves his mana. His Blazer ability improves his physical skills and so his sword techniques will improve if his mana improves.
Old 2017-02-10, 10:58   Link #9776
KnightShade

Quote:
Sorry, but i think you're wrong. The whole point of this series is overcoming the fear of monsters, and becoming better, honing yourself and meeting that rival that will make you work harder than you'd ever thought before.

Don't you think IKKI more than anyone knows EXACTLY what he's feeling? look at his fiance!
You have no idea what im talking about, which is ridiculous as my last post should perfectly explain why this is a waste.
Old 2017-02-10, 11:02   Link #9777
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@AP24: Now that you mention it, yeah, you're exactly right. But that being said, what about his other secret skills? Doesn't he have 6 or 7 in total (I forget which)?

You're right about him being able to improve his techniques more if he increases his mana capacity, but for that he first needs to realize that the Desperado really are special, and then he has to seek one out to help him train to increase his mana capacity.

Edit: Ninja'd

@Kidstandout: Yeah, also don't get the point in him saying that after your post.
Old 2017-02-10, 11:14   Link #9778
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@AP24: Now that you mention it, yeah, you're exactly right. But that being said, what about his other secret skills? Doesn't he have 6 or 7 in total (I forget which)?
Madoka is also improved now. Ikki said during his fight with Stella that he has become much better at accepting attacks and flowing with them after learning Edelweiss' technique. He can now use Madoka on Stella which is something he couldn't do before.

Don't know about Dokuga no Tachi and Rekkou because I couldn't find any info that suggets they have been improved.

There is still the fifth secret sword that is yet to be revealed. Maybe this will be the key to win against All-Goal.
Old 2017-02-10, 11:36   Link #9779
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Given how Edelweiss' technique works I doubt it can improve Ten'i Muhou. Marginal Counter can improve Ten'i Muhou because they are compatible. Edelweiss' technique doesn't just improve Ikki's basic physical capabilities, it also improves his secret sword techniques.

Saigeki: The amount of power needed for Saigeki previously could only be achieved with Itto Shura but now Ikki is able to generate enough power for it with Edelweiss’ technique. So Ikki's Saigeki should be more powerful when he's in Itto Shura mode.

Raikou: Ikki previously could use Raikou only when he's in Itto Shura mode but after learning Edelweiss' technique he is fast enough to use it normally. So Raikou in Itto Shura mode should be much faster.

Shinkirou: During Ikki and Stella's match, he was shown able to create multiple afterimages but previously he only created one afterimage every time he used Shinkirou. It's possible Ikki is now able to create more afterimages due to being faster from Edelweiss' technique.

Oikage: Ikki probably was able to create this technique only after learning Edelweiss' technique.

I think Ikki has already reached the peak of his physical capabilities which is why he was able to become a Desperado. The only way he can further improve his sword techniques is if he improves his mana. His Blazer ability improves his physical skills and so his sword techniques will improve if his mana improves.
You literally just proved that Kurogane kun is the male version of Kurokami Medaka, because she's capable of doing some of Ikki's techniques, and the odd thing is is that if Ikki and Stella ever had a child it would look like Kurokami chan...
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 11:43   Link #9780
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I've read that manga, actually. Was a while ago, though, so I don't remember it that well. But yeah, she does look kinda like Ikki and Stella's daughter might look. [But it's just a coincidence, man, things like this aren't intentional unless both works were from the same author and/or artist.]

@AP24: I really just wanted a reminder about his secret swords since it's been a while. That and I wanted to know about the improvements to them with Edelweiss' technique again for the same reason. Thanks for the info. And yeah, you're probably right about the 5th sword probably ending up as the key for winning against All-Goal - if Ikki is the one to defeat him, that is.

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural