AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-02-13, 15:38   Link #641
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Limited characters are anything but healthy to the game, mostly because they dictate the highest part of the meta, literally denying people to compete properly if they weren't lucky enough or didn't have the money to spark them.

If anything, limited status is the very reason why those characters are stronger than your average SSR release.
This argument is a bit off. This is not a MMORPG where everyone pays the same and have a equal chance on stuff.
Mobage fundamentally rewards the whaler in the first place.
Not to mention limited gacha is an industry norm for a while now.
And instead of a game with rapid power inflation every month, I'd prefer that to be kept between the whalers.
Not to mention with the 300 spark system, it is pretty easy to spark twice a year with minimal pay as long as you horde stones.

What is truly a scam about Swim Suit Bea is that she is fire.
KMR claimed that he'll fix the fire's balance problem. But all he was doing now is just handing out limited fire character and stones, which does not contribute to the balance much.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 16:27   Link #642
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not really. It rewards the lucky customers, and paying more just increase your attempts (and not your odds) at having what you want (outside of spark which isn't really the norm). Otherwise, there would be either a real paywall (as in gacha only accessible with RL money) or actually giving a higher % chance for a given roll whether it was with free tokens or RL money.
In fine, you obviously get more for what you pay... "in theory". The fact the gacha odds are the same for any customer mean that you may as well pay a 4 digits bill and not have what you want. This is the actual face of the gacha at large: the RNG make sure that it gives a fair chance for anyone, but at the same time, it can draw more money than if the game was really rewarding those who pay more.
Anchira's case is just quite obvious: some people got her for free with gems and other failed to get her after more than $1000. The gacha nature doesn't make any distinction regarding the userbase.

The real issue with limited characters is that it create a rift between players that cannot be consolidated whatsoever. When it is a perfectly solo game like ShiroNeko, that's a fair game because it is all about one's performance and appreciation for a given char or not.
When it involves competition, it isn't really the same outcome, moreso when it affects game balance.

And I find it quite ironic you defend that kind of perspective while you were quite vocal regarding Fenrir bow nerf, which affects way more F2P players compared to those who pay a lot.
Old 2017-02-13, 22:08   Link #643
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I actually do not object the mobage business model.
I only call them out off when the companies make stupid decisions.

Fenrir bow is more about they nerfed something that I spend so much time to grind and ultimately made that time useless without proper compensation. The Fenrir bow grinding was a disgusting experience to me as I can't even beat lv.100 Fenrir HELL at that time.
Seriously, I want to strangle KMR and have him give me all those time I spent on grinding back. Yet he is all, this is F2P, I don't have to compensate anything ahahahaha! God, I want to throw that man into a pool of lava.

Though back on topic, I am okay with the mobage business model as long as they don't act stupid. And I must say Cygame is a lot smarter post Anchira riot.
I think GBF is the only mobage out there that not only provides a safety net via the sparkle, but also give you a choice to pick what you want within that net.
And I did my math, you most definitely can sparkle once a year without paying as long as you horde stones. Twice with minimal pay. That's kinda sufficient unless you are among the few who is trying to max out on every single element.

And as a person who lives off mostly on Surprise Ticket and Sparkles, things aren't as bad as many believes it to be.

Not to mention the second safety net via the moons.

Really, limited characters are not the core of GBF's balance problem. (Unless we have more craps like Zoey and Korwa.)
The badly designed weapon grid for particular elements are bigger problem.
If KMR truly cares about the balance of the fire among the masses, the first thing he should fix is the fire magna grid or lower the cost of Athena weapon.
But in reality, that man is just using fixing fire as a excuse to dish out more cash grabs.
Old 2017-02-13, 22:42   Link #644
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Oh yeah guys, don't forget to get your free sticker here after following anime gbf twitter!
Old 2017-02-14, 01:16   Link #645
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I actually do not object the mobage business model.
I only call them out off when the companies make stupid decisions.

Fenrir bow is more about they nerfed something that I spend so much time to grind and ultimately made that time useless without proper compensation. The Fenrir bow grinding was a disgusting experience to me as I can't even beat lv.100 Fenrir HELL at that time.
Seriously, I want to strangle KMR and have him give me all those time I spent on grinding back. Yet he is all, this is F2P, I don't have to compensate anything ahahahaha! God, I want to throw that man into a pool of lava.

Though back on topic, I am okay with the mobage business model as long as they don't act stupid. And I must say Cygame is a lot smarter post Anchira riot.
I think GBF is the only mobage out there that not only provides a safety net via the sparkle, but also give you a choice to pick what you want within that net.
And I did my math, you most definitely can sparkle once a year without paying as long as you horde stones. Twice with minimal pay. That's kinda sufficient unless you are among the few who is trying to max out on every single element.

And as a person who lives off mostly on Surprise Ticket and Sparkles, things aren't as bad as many believes it to be.

Not to mention the second safety net via the moons.

Really, limited characters are not the core of GBF's balance problem. (Unless we have more craps like Zoey and Korwa.)
The badly designed weapon grid for particular elements are bigger problem.
If KMR truly cares about the balance of the fire among the masses, the first thing he should fix is the fire magna grid or lower the cost of Athena weapon.
But in reality, that man is just using fixing fire as a excuse to dish out more cash grabs.
Because Shiva was a genius idea right?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 03:42   Link #646
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'll disagree here. Fire's bigger problem is that most of the characters are subpar, and the "best" fire characters are decent only. Yuel's saving grace is her team echo, Percy is great, but his Ability 3 duration/CD is atrocious. None of fire's recent buffer's (anthuria and socie) are worthwhile too, for magna grids. Korwa still does their job better.

I don't see how lowering the price of Athena weapons helps magna grids as well. The thing that makes Wind/Light/Dark insane isn't just their dual skill weapons, it's also that they have amazing characters that have terrific synergy with each other, or are self-sufficient enough.

I like that we're getting a lot of good Fire characters this month...but all 3 (at least so far) are limited.
Old 2017-02-14, 22:03   Link #647
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
I don't see how lowering the price of Athena weapons helps magna grids as well. The thing that makes Wind/Light/Dark insane isn't just their dual skill weapons, it's also that they have amazing characters that have terrific synergy with each other, or are self-sufficient enough.

I like that we're getting a lot of good Fire characters this month...but all 3 (at least so far) are limited.
Because a single none suck magna weapon that boost DA that can be used with conjunction wit the Athena weapon is going to help the team a lot.
Fire team is never lacking on powerful offensive character.
Metera alone has an almost permanent 80% damage echo.
Kishou despite his button heaviness can maintain his tension for at least 7 turns straight. But there is no good DA, TA boosters to make use of that high offense.
Old 2017-02-15, 01:04   Link #648
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Besides that 80% echo she has no saving grace. Her debuff has pitiful success rate. And how does that detract my statement anyway? it's still decent at best in the current age.
Kishou? You mean Aoidos, i assume. There are better characters to use over him.
DA? it boosts MA (DA+TA) but 4.6% boost is a waste and it's better to use Korwa in magna anyway for DA/TA boost along with a huge attack boost.
Old 2017-02-15, 01:08   Link #649
Shadow5YA

So uh... apparently the rest of the swimsuit characters are coming back soon before summer ever hits as well?

http://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=11577

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2017-02-15 at 01:19.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 01:57   Link #650
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Matera's 80% is echo is all she need. Anyone knows gorilla that requires less button count for max damage is what matters in a MVP rave.
One click for 80% more damage in 5 turns already put her above majority of the characters in game.

That's the same reason why light players are licking Juliet's foot. She is also a gorilla that just needs one click and requires nothing but spam attack for the next 5 turns.

This also applies to Magisa, who is also a gorilla who can stay at 75% atk up for 6 turns with just two click. But the lack of DA/TA boost fire team is what kept her from using her high atk properly.

Fire team really doesn't need much outside reliable DA/TA boost. And if you can get that covered by using weapons alone, the only thing that matter is to smash away with the gorillas.

It seems you are arguing that a bonker character like Korwa or Zoey should be added to fire. But I am highly against that.
A game should be fixed without adding more of those balance breaker.
Old 2017-02-15, 03:37   Link #651
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well there's a partial solution to the fire DA/TA problem: a fire axe that gives increased multi-attack rate as its puff effect in the new Ifrit event. I guess Weapon Master has some more use now.
Old 2017-02-15, 05:12   Link #652
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

This event is stupid, they're doing the whole "you better play on element or you'll get rekt" shit again. Ugh, my water is pretty much bare bones...
Old 2017-02-15, 06:44   Link #653
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
This also applies to Magisa, who is also a gorilla who can stay at 75% atk up for 6 turns with just two click. But the lack of DA/TA boost fire team is what kept her from using her high atk properly.

Fire team really doesn't need much outside reliable DA/TA boost. And if you can get that covered by using weapons alone, the only thing that matter is to smash away with the gorillas.

It seems you are arguing that a bonker character like Korwa or Zoey should be added to fire. But I am highly against that.
A game should be fixed without adding more of those balance breaker.
Except that thanks to Shiva that 75% atk is highly diluted now, the increase isn't as large as it may seem on paper.

Please, fire is in need of much better party buffer or self-sustaining characters. Outside of her echo, Yuel doesn't add much, Zal is much better than her otherwise in every part, especially for MVP.

Just because you're highly against that doesn't mean people shouldn't recommend it. You bring up MVP race a lot and deny the very same tool. Go ahead, use the unboosted spears which reduce your HP a lot and weaken the magna grid further because modifiers.
Old 2017-02-15, 06:47   Link #654
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Where do you get the Infernal Vajra needed for the new unknown event axe? It's not dropping from the event raid for me, and the wiki doesn't have anything on how you get it.
Old 2017-02-15, 09:02   Link #655
LucchanDakedo
Rafuuu ~~!

The Infernal Vajras are on Nightmare Levels
LucchanDakedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 10:12   Link #656
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

It's not giving me the nightmare battles. I'm stuck with just the raid and the maniac.
Old 2017-02-15, 10:34   Link #657
LucchanDakedo
Rafuuu ~~!

Same old on all events... There are chances of it being available when you clear extreme or maniac... Like on past events

P.S
Oh if you don't have a very good water comp, it really isn't worth it T.T

Last edited by LucchanDakedo; 2017-02-15 at 11:02.
Old 2017-02-15, 11:54   Link #658
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Just because you're highly against that doesn't mean people shouldn't recommend it. You bring up MVP race a lot and deny the very same tool. Go ahead, use the unboosted spears which reduce your HP a lot and weaken the magna grid further because modifiers.
You are not serious right?
Why are you saying this when reduced Athena weapon cost and new magna weapon that can be used together with Athena weapon is I am advocating?
So I don't know where this unboosted spear and weakened magna grid you are talking about.

And I agree that Zal is a good buffer, but necessarily good for MVP. He buff affects the whole field. There are times your compettiot benefits it more than you.

And the Shiva argument is somewhat silly.
You are talking about good buffers and yet you say Magisa'a 75% self is trivial because of Shiva?
If a 75% buff is meaningless, than no buffer in fire can meaningful anymore.
Because outside echo and tension, even unique buffs in this game still use normal skill multiplier. They are going to be trivialized by the creep of damage cap caused by Shiva too.

But yes, less bonker chars the better.
Because it'll make the game leans more towards to P2W than it already is.
The game should be maintained by diversity and complexity, not mindless power creep.
Very reason I was screaming before my comp yesterday when I saw KMR shamelessly going for the "let's increase the available time slot for limited characters" route.
Ugghhh, I am agreeable to broken limited characters because of their low availability. Making them more accessible beats the point! I so want to take back what I said yesterday about the limited characters.
KMR go away! You are now increasing the damage done by HRT!

Last edited by shmaster; 2017-02-15 at 12:06.
Old 2017-02-15, 12:19   Link #659
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucchanDakedo View Post
Same old on all events... There are chances of it being available when you clear extreme or maniac... Like on past events

P.S
Oh if you don't have a very good water comp, it really isn't worth it T.T
A water team around 55000 power with a full grid of lv.10 skill is recommended this event.
You should be clearing MANIAC and and MVPing in the raid easy enough.
HELL is a little tricky due to those tricky moves that can one shot you. But should not have too much of trouble up to lv.100 HELL if you bring Charlotta.
Haven't get to access lv.120 to see how that one works yet.
Old 2017-02-15, 13:39   Link #660
LucchanDakedo
Rafuuu ~~!

Quote:
A water team around 55000 power with a full grid of lv.10 skill is recommended this event.
You should be clearing MANIAC and and MVPing in the raid easy enough.
HELL is a little tricky due to those tricky moves that can one shot you. But should not have too much of trouble up to lv.100 HELL if you bring Charlotta.
Haven't get to access lv.120 to see how that one works yet.
Too bad i am not even 40k power yet (subbing this, my main is already 43k)
And also no Charlotta too

I have to do more to pick up on this game as i'm only half a month old playing this
(And i'm really regretting not starting on december when i already am eager to do that)