Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-03-06, 04:03   Link #1681
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Of course he was. You know? After this, could we have a new prequel series? Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans--Calamity War?

Considering how much work they are putting into a character that's been dead for centuries and we'll never see, they might as well use him.

Have the series be about Agnika and his group of seven friends fighting in the Calamity War, not just MAs, but also the political system that led up to said war. It would be really awesome!
And we only see Barbatos appear near the end of the series. They were brother units, right? So let's say they each led a separate team, then only in the final battle will Barbie's team arrive.

We also have a mid season scene set at Mars where they fight an MA, and a certain Gundam sacrifices himself to put that MA to sleep.

Honestly, it could be really cool. I think this is one of the few Gundam series where a prequel could really work, even on a mainstream level. And I personally think that's because Gundams would already be present in the prequel (since in most series, the Gundams are invented or first used at the start of the main series).
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 05:23   Link #1682
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Of course he was. You know? After this, could we have a new prequel series? Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans--Agnika Kaieru wa Yuusha de Aru..?
Fixed..
(it's same as YuYuYu franchise in the timeline gaps..)
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 06:57   Link #1683
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
And we only see Barbatos appear near the end of the series. They were brother units, right? So let's say they each led a separate team, then only in the final battle will Barbie's team arrive.

We also have a mid season scene set at Mars where they fight an MA, and a certain Gundam sacrifices himself to put that MA to sleep.

Honestly, it could be really cool. I think this is one of the few Gundam series where a prequel could really work, even on a mainstream level. And I personally think that's because Gundams would already be present in the prequel (since in most series, the Gundams are invented or first used at the start of the main series).
The could get a lot of kit mileage out of it, as not only could they sell Calamity war versions of all the Gundams we already have, but they would also have a bunch of new ones considering all of the original Seven Stars would need one, and then there all all the other fighters that make up the 72, and any other mechs that would have been used as well. Say nothing of the MAs.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 08:05   Link #1684
AlphaVi

Quote:
The could get a lot of kit mileage out of it, as not only could they sell Calamity war versions of all the Gundams we already have, but they would also have a bunch of new ones considering all of the original Seven Stars would need one, and then there all all the other fighters that make up the 72, and any other mechs that would have been used as well. Say nothing of the MAs.
If that ever happen, I'm gonna die of happiness.. And also broke.
Also we need some clarification regarding Gusion and Kimaris' original form, because in the case of Kimaris, Kimaris Vidar being the real form is somehow debatable since the words said in the box are ambiguous.
AlphaVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 09:54   Link #1685
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Fixed..
(it's same as YuYuYu franchise in the timeline gaps..)
It's actually.......... surprisingly fitting, the AV system unlock and Mankai are way too similar, even the part when they are in the suit they regain their lost part
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 10:15   Link #1686
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
It's actually.......... surprisingly fitting, the AV system unlock and Mankai are way too similar, even the part when they are in the suit they regain their lost part
Indeed.. And that's the reason why I love Karin. (thanks, Grimgerde)

Try to listen Eleven Stars, Five Asterisks (Karin's last stand song) in these episodes:
Ep45: 19:45
Ep46: 05:55

Hero Club's PD Mobile Suits:
Yuuna = Gusion Rebake.
Tougou = Flauros.
Fuu = Barbatos/Helmwige.
Itsuki = Schwalbe/Julia.
Karin = Grimgerde/Bael.
Sonoko = Kimaris.
Gin = Graze Ein.

Last edited by Ernietheracefan; 2017-03-06 at 14:21.
Old 2017-03-07, 01:01   Link #1687
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Indeed.. And that's the reason why I love Karin. (thanks, Grimgerde)

Try to listen Eleven Stars, Five Asterisks (Karin's last stand song) in these episodes:
Ep45: 19:45
Ep46: 05:55

Hero Club's PD Mobile Suits:
Yuuna = Gusion Rebake.
Tougou = Flauros.
Fuu = Barbatos/Helmwige.
Itsuki = Schwalbe/Julia.
Karin = Grimgerde/Bael.
Sonoko = Kimaris.
Gin = Graze Ein.
I'd say Yuuna is more Barbatos, and no one really fit the Gusion. reason that Yuuna Fighting style and heavy strike remind me of Barbatos much more than Fuu. Beside the the large sword, Fuu don't really remind me of Barbatos, more like Helmwidge, No one suit Gusion though.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 06:50   Link #1688
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I'd say Yuuna is more Barbatos, and no one really fit the Gusion. reason that Yuuna Fighting style and heavy strike remind me of Barbatos much more than Fuu. Beside the the large sword, Fuu don't really remind me of Barbatos, more like Helmwidge, No one suit Gusion though.
Alright then.. I thought GRFC would be suitable for Yuuna since Akihiro was punching Galan with those arms..

BTW, Wakaba could be Bael because she's the first Hero..

Additional notes:
Vertex = Mobile Armor.
Stardust = Pluma.

Last edited by Ernietheracefan; 2017-03-09 at 13:57.
Old 2017-03-09, 00:55   Link #1689
Irenesharda

We finally get Bael manual scans as it has finally been released, but not too much new information. Bael is basically "what you see is what you get".

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

We learn that the swords were actually always Agnika's and always went with Bael. I guess he was one of those rare types that was both hot-blooded and good with the sword. Perhaps McGllis found those separately and being the collector that he is, snapped those up to one day restore to Bael?

The swords were pretty much Agnika's sole weapon and the only one he needed. He was able to so completely integrate with the AV system that he didn't need any other weapon. Bael's wingtips do have electromagnetic cannons, so there is that.

What's interesting is that Bael and Agnika were so beloved and deified that no one ever touched his machine for over 300 years, not even to repair it. It's basically in exactly the same condition that it was in when Agnika flew in it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-09, 01:39   Link #1690
Skye629

Quote:
We finally get Bael manual scans as it has finally been released, but not too much new information. Bael is basically "what you see is what you get".

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

We learn that the swords were actually always Agnika's and always went with Bael. I guess he was one of those rare types that was both hot-blooded and good with the sword. Perhaps McGllis found those separately and being the collector that he is, snapped those up to one day restore to Bael?

The swords were pretty much Agnika's sole weapon and the only one he needed. He was able to so completely integrate with the AV system that he didn't need any other weapon. Bael's wingtips do have electromagnetic cannons, so there is that.

What's interesting is that Bael and Agnika were so beloved and deified that no one ever touched his machine for over 300 years, not even to repair it. It's basically in exactly the same condition that it was in when Agnika flew in it.
Given the MS longevity in this show, I don't think it needed to be repaired at all (aside from giving its weapons back), given that it was stored in a safe place and untouched (aside from those who attempted to pilot it) for 300 years.

Im also just gonna assume from now on that the MS armor/frame material is water/rust resistant, otherwise the Bael would have fully rusted in its storage conditions lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 09:47   Link #1691
Raviel

Bael's manual is further solidifying my impression that Macky is nowhere near as synced with his Gundam compared to, say, Mika or Gaelio (with AV Type-E activated).
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 11:43   Link #1692
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Bael's manual is further solidifying my impression that Macky is nowhere near as synced with his Gundam compared to, say, Mika or Gaelio (with AV Type-E activated).
It kinda makes sense, Mikazuki has synched to the point where his left side isn't working, whereas Ein more or less lost his entire real body. Only reason Gaelio doesn't need to sacrifice anything is because Ein already did it and only needs to borrow his' during battles.
Old 2017-03-09, 12:05   Link #1693
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Oh, definitely. I doubt he's even as synced with his Gundam as Akihiro or Shino.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-10, 00:13   Link #1694
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Do we even know how many implants he had? Cos that would also help explain part of it as implants allow for more information transfer.
Old 2017-03-10, 13:27   Link #1695
Batknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Do we even know how many implants he had? Cos that would also help explain part of it as implants allow for more information transfer.
Honestly, we don't know much about Mcgillis's AV system at all. All we know is that he made it based on the research and info he got from experimenting on Ein. But we don't know how he overcame the maturity issue, or how much feedback he's receiving or can handle.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 00:48   Link #1696
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yeah, I wonder whether there are performance penalties for implanting it on an adult? Certainly feels like it though nothing concrete.

Also, we're having a discussion on Mechatalk on swords and materials and it seems that Bael's swords isn't the same as Grimgerde's - they're not even made of the same type of materials despite the almost exact look of the blade section.
Old 2017-03-11, 16:58   Link #1697
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Yeah, I wonder whether there are performance penalties for implanting it on an adult? Certainly feels like it though nothing concrete.

Also, we're having a discussion on Mechatalk on swords and materials and it seems that Bael's swords isn't the same as Grimgerde's - they're not even made of the same type of materials despite the almost exact look of the blade section.
I think it's all the same stuff and they just forgot or retconned it from last season. I mean, there's been a lot of that yellow stuff going around: Rex's claws, the tips of Julietta's swords, and now Bael's swords, which weren't on the mech when they first found it, despite no one changing it since Agnika flew it. So, I have to assume the two are the same swords and Macky just found them separately and added them after he got Bael to his ship.
I mean why make two sets of swords that look exactly the same unless their replicas? But then, if that were the case, and there were specifically supposed to be two different sets, then Bael would have had it's swords when it was in the vault, just to show that it always had them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-11, 19:36   Link #1698
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

The swords are not exactly the same, they are differences to the handles and blade shapes. They look similar enough that one can be a modified version of the other, but modifications will be needed.

In addition, Grimgerde's Valkyria Blades designed to be stored inside their shields, so it's impossible for them to be the original Bael swords without modifications from and to.

Under the Gundam Frame section of the HG Bael manual, it is noted that the equipment and frame has not changed since Agnika piloted it. Take this and the info we know about the two sword models being made out of different materials and we more or less confirmed that they're different.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-03-11 at 22:07.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 19:46   Link #1699
Skye629

Quote:
I think it's all the same stuff and they just forgot or retconned it from last season. I mean, there's been a lot of that yellow stuff going around: Rex's claws, the tips of Julietta's swords, and now Bael's swords, which weren't on the mech when they first found it, despite no one changing it since Agnika flew it. So, I have to assume the two are the same swords and Macky just found them separately and added them after he got Bael to his ship.
I mean why make two sets of swords that look exactly the same unless their replicas? But then, if that were the case, and there were specifically supposed to be two different sets, then Bael would have had it's swords when it was in the vault, just to show that it always had them.
No changes to the MS itself. Highly doubt they store their MS with weapons, minus the built-in ones, unless on active duty (its a safety precaution too)

As for the swords, Im pretty sure there were alot of those floating around during the CW, wouldn't be hard to imagine multiple types of MS using the exact same weapon that happens to be effective against armor (wouldn't be surprised either if ALL melee weapons back then incorporated that material to combat MA)

Whether or not those are the Grimgerde's swords or new ones Macky found somewhere IMO is a moot point. The key info is that those were the Bael's original armanents
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 12:25   Link #1700
FerrusManus

Is it just me or do the axes carried by Grazes approaching the Tekkadan base at the end of episode 47 have really long handles?
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote